• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

Made it to 81.5 over the weekend. Questing in Mt. Hyjal is fun, not too many PvP problems so far. Did kill an Ally Hunter a few times, that was fun. Hoping to get to around 83/84 before the 10 day trial ends. I will probably be subbing for at least a month after that, I really want to see the MoP end game content.

Cata leveling is almost a joke now.

Do dungeon quests with some questing here and there, and it'll go by quickly.

These guys should be tameable
172824.jpg

I still want tameable Pterodactyls and Cloud Serpents.
(Several mobs use them as pets!)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If the terrorists recruit from LFR, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

On the other hand... some LFR players are willing to stand on fire and other dangerous crap that is pretty much suicide that will endanger the good function and success of a group. Exactly what terrorists want.

I'm beginning to see the full picture now. Damn terrorists are smarter than we thought.

Salamando

The government recording communication data from WoW is hardly new. Doing it for terrorist related purposes might be, but they've been studying MMO chat behavior for as long as they've been able to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Questing in Howling Fjord just reignited by need for a Red Proto-Drake.

All I need is 4 bodies to do Share The Love, and it seems impossible to find.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rusted proto was my go-to for a long time. Before they made mounts account-wide, I'd always try to get new char I had through some 10-man ulduar runs for it.

CassSept

The government recording communication data from WoW is hardly new. Doing it for terrorist related purposes might be, but they've been studying MMO chat behavior for as long as they've been able to.

Well I'm surprised that Moon Guard is still going then.

Ultratech

I still really, really love my green proto-drake, even though everyone and their mother probably has it by now.

I don't. :(

Frankly, I keep forgetting to buy the Egg that has it.

Rusted proto was my go-to for a long time. Before they made mounts account-wide, I'd always try to get new char I had through some 10-man ulduar runs for it.

I just found out the other night it actually shows up on the Black Market.

I had a pretty good laugh about that for a bit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean, I could get a Frostbrood before I could get a Red Proto, but I still like how the Red Proto looks better. That said, neither of my characters 'fit' one

Pandarens should always be on Nether Rays and Monks should always be on Zen Flight.

Salamando

What is mastery? That seems like something that wasn't around when I played in 2009, or am I not remembering correctly?

It's something that was new with Cataclysm. Each spec uses it to supplement their playstyle differently. Shadow Priests get a chance to do double dmg with DOTs, Windwalker monks get increased chance to generate Tigereye Brews, Prot Pallies get increased defensive stuff, that kind of thing.

It's basically hit part 2. It definitely wasn't in WOTLK.

Actually I'm pretty sure it was introduced in the really late in Wrath, 4.0 patch or something before Cata actually released. You could reforge to it (which was also new at the time), but it wasn't available natively on gear.

And speaking of mastery, I can't for the life of me figure out where they put that tab that tells you what it does for each spec.

---

In other news, my DK is finally geared enough for SoO. Still have a blue heroic weapon, but epic everything else. I'm lazy and none of it's gemmed or enchanted (aside from rings) since I figure I'll be replacing most of it in short order anyway. So no reason to drop a couple thousand gold on that. Last slot I got a Shado-Pan assault trinket for something like 1100 Valor to push me over the top. Replaced the ghost iron dragonling trinket that I've had since I hit 90. Will probably get replaced, but I figure it was worth the cost to get me into SoO now rather than waiting on weapon/s or a trinket drop (which are always highly coveted). Warrior is maybe 2/3s decked in Timeless Isle stuff, but I really need to relearn him, especially since I've hardly spent any time as DPS with Warriors, particularly Fury spec.

Haven't done anything with Priest, Rogue, Mage yet. One of them I'm probably capping at 80 to work on Herald of the Titans, but I need to relearn all of them as well. Priest isn't too bad, but Rogue is it's own can of worms, getting the extra stealth action bars setup + Nug Combo Bar. Probably best if I try to just stick to one spec while re-acclimating.

And I have an 83 Druid on Area 52, but I'm just gonna leave him there. It's a lot of time, but I'd rather just reroll and relearn from the ground up than pay a transfer fee there (though I do need spell leather heirlooms...) My poor 85 Shaman is stranded, but I'll transfer and level him before WoD releases. Especially since he's a maxed (well, not quite so much now) scribe, and that's not a profession you want to start over with.

Salamando

And speaking of mastery, I can't for the life of me figure out where they put that tab that tells you what it does for each spec.

It's in your spellbook. Along with the other passives, there's a "Master: Whatever" entry. You can also just hover over the mastery stat in your character sheet to find out what it does.

vocab

Mastery is usually never worth going for unless it's very very beneficial to the spec you are playing.

MW mastery sucks ass
DWFDK mastery is amazing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's basically hit part 2. It definitely wasn't in WOTLK. I know for DKs it raises shadow damage.

Hit Part 2 is Expertise. Mastery just makes you "better" in some way. Whether its good or bad depends on what it does for your spec. Sometimes is the best thing ever and you want to stack the shit out of it, sometimes its almost useless.

TheYanger

Even among mages I think it's ok for some specs like arcane right? I could be way off. But basically, it's a variable stat they added to both make specs more interesting and make a universal '+good' stat that can work for anything.

IE: tank DKs get more out of death strike heals for having mastery, frost DKs get more frost damage, Unholy dks get more shadow damage, etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I kind of think they should boost Northrend leveling as much as they boosted Outlands. Because the climb to 100 will be ridiculous, and it already feels like I was blasting through to 70 now it's come to a crawl.

I know 85-90 is the slowest, but there's no reason 70-80 should still be this slow in comparison to how quick Outlands was.

TheYanger

So I kind of think they should boost Northrend leveling as much as they boosted Outlands. Because the climb to 100 will be ridiculous, and it already feels like I was blasting through to 70 now it's come to a crawl.

I know 85-90 is the slowest, but there's no reason 70-80 should still be this slow in comparison to how quick Outlands was.

They actually did ;) It takes about half as much as it used to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh I know it's quicker. I'm just saying it should be quicker than that. It's not even like you're learning that many new abilities from 70-80

Shahadan

I hope they somehow keep the lorewalkers for WoD. In another form or whatever, but I really really loved exploring and finding shrines and getting the neat little story scene at the end of each chain.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ok, here's how pathetic my original server that my warrior's still on, population-wise.

Evermaw has rounded the island twice without a tag. That alone should let Blizzard give me a free transfer instead of their ripoff prices

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ok, here's how pathetic my original server that my warrior's still on, population-wise.

Evermaw has rounded the island twice without a tag. That alone should let Blizzard give me a free transfer instead of their ripoff prices

To be honest, at this point into the patch, fighting Evermaw feels like a waste of time considering he doesn't drop anything unique and is only good if you need lots of Timeless Coins, which most people(i assume) don't really need that much anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah but on my main's server, EVERYTHING is targeted. It's beautiful. You never have to wait for a group to form. On Kul Tiras it took like 10 minutes just for 3 others to show up for the fishing rare.

Entropia

No One Remembers

What server are you on? :lol also, I imagine your realm will be connected soon enough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kul Tiras is my old server. I'm on Zul'Jin now which is lively as hell.

Kul Tiras is technically medium population, but it's like 90/10 Alliance to Horde, and most of the Alliance don't do Timeless that often for whatever reason. Unfortunately, it means likely no merge due to the decent Alliance population. It's funny because two really high on the ladder Horde guilds used to be on KT when I played. They're gone now, and now Org is a sad, empty place.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what WoW needs? Like a 'training simulator'

What I mean is, I should be able to go into a AI-ran dungeon scenario type deal similar to how a heroic or raid works and get instructions on what to do, how to do it, with AI instead of making other people suffer through my noobness. Like, turn everything ugly and dont have any loot so you're not 'ruining the experience' but let me pick any particular scenario to test myself on. Like if I kept dying on Safety Dance let me do Safety Dance with ugly polygon models. Let me set up the AI in my party, like if I want two shaman, two druids, or whatever.

Windam

Scaley member
Got my first level 90 (Hunter) and my item level is 481. My damage output is pretty bad, I guess. In my Character tab my Ranged Damage is 12660–18575 with Damage per Second at 5466.4. I'm currently using an item level 463 weapon (Firebelcher Hand Cannon from a Heroic dungeon). Anyone know where I can find a ilvl 489 or 496 weapon? Been going around Timeless Isle and it takes a while to kill those Elite monsters.

I really have no idea where I should be going for good gear to be honest. :/

Jag

Got my first level 90 (Hunter) and my item level is 481. My damage output is pretty bad, I guess. In my Character tab my Ranged Damage is 12660–18575 with Damage per Second at 5466.4. I'm currently using an item level 463 weapon (Firebelcher Hand Cannon from a Heroic dungeon). Anyone know where I can find a ilvl 489 or 496 weapon? Been going around Timeless Isle and it takes a while to kill those Elite monsters.

I really have no idea where I should be going for good gear to be honest. :/

Honestly the easiest way is to farm gear on TI and do some LFR. I have a bag full of ranged weapons from LFR. The other way is to farm coins on the TI an buy the weapon at the vendor. It's pretty easy to get enough coins if you do the few dallies, chests and rares.

Entropia

No One Remembers

What I mean is, I should be able to go into a AI-ran dungeon scenario type deal similar to how a heroic or raid works and get instructions on what to do, how to do it, with AI instead of making other people suffer through my noobness. Like, turn everything ugly and dont have any loot so you're not 'ruining the experience' but let me pick any particular scenario to test myself on. Like if I kept dying on Safety Dance let me do Safety Dance with ugly polygon models. Let me set up the AI in my party, like if I want two shaman, two druids, or whatever.

Closest thing right now is the Proving Grounds scenario.

Ultratech

Went back into SoO and banged our heads against Galakras.

For some reason, we had a healer keep dying followed by one Tank shortly after (and sometimes vice-versa).

Eventually, we just kinda gave up and I went to the Timeless Isle to gank people.
Got like 20 or so coins and pissed off the majority of the Isle again.
This time around, I went around with a Mage who frequently commented on how I was just chewing through most people.

In one funny scenario, we accidentally went after a decent sized group of about 3-4, the Mage got killed, and I tried to flee in the ensuing chaos (they were fighting Ordon mobs).
Ended up Disengaging off a cliff into the ocean, where they chose not to follow.

Something like that would be pretty neat.

Proving Grounds was sort of a step that way, but it only does so much.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
5th BT run

still no Bulwark for me
still no bow for my friend.
Illidan the little troll fuck dropped the ring instead.

Also, I hate War Banners. I'm not a god damn Shaman

You don't know how disappointing it is to run BT as a DK and not have tier gear to look forward to!

Also, War Banners are awesome due to the fact that you can intervene to them. Many charge, such mobility, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom