• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windam

Scaley member
Hey, what happened today? my server was full most of the time.

Mine too. It was like that before the patch, too. Some people in my guild mentioned that my server (Illidan) got merged with another to combat the ridiculous Horde-Alliance ratio (it is, or was something like 10:1 H:A), but I'm not sure whether not that's true, considering Illidan was always a "Full" population realm.

Fjordson

Game has a noticeable stutter every time I use kill command on my hunter. This really sucks. Might need to post on the tech support forums, see if anyone else is getting this and what may be causing it. I'm totally clueless as to what it could be.

I don't know about stutter, but I've had issues where I couldn't use my DK's abilities at times. They were greyed out like I was out of range even when I clearly wasn't, and the error message said I was out of runes, but that couldn't have been possible since something like 5-10+ seconds went by and I couldn't even use single rune skills - and my display on SUF showed some as recharged.

Also - Stormrage or Sargeras better for rolling Alliance characters? Was on Sargeras with the alt account, but the battlegroup seemed to suck at PvP, at least sub-60. I don't think there was another big Alliance PvP realm which is usually my preference at this point.

Touch

I don't know about stutter, but I've had issues where I couldn't use my DK's abilities at times. They were greyed out like I was out of range even when I clearly wasn't, and the error message said I was out of runes, but that couldn't have been possible since something like 5-10+ seconds went by and I couldn't even use single rune skills - and my display on SUF showed some as recharged.

Also - Stormrage or Sargeras better for rolling Alliance characters? Was on Sargeras with the alt account, but the battlegroup seemed to suck at PvP, at least sub-60. I don't think there was another big Alliance PvP realm which is usually my preference at this point.
KT and Tich both still have big Alliance PVP showings. Darkspear as well.

mclem

What's actually killing you? The adds themselves, the adds getting buffed up, or the AOE damage?

I think it's largely an accumulation of elements causing a loss of control thing. Having - in quick succession - running from a weapon followed by attacking MCed people (leaving them on low health) followed by an AOE damage phase which we can't stack for followed by adds to deal with followed by - while the adds are still up - the next weapon coming into play in an uncontrolled location because we're still scattered to handle the adds. It's a lot of elements in fairly quick succession.

It didn't help when on one of our attempts, both the healers got MCed in the initial wave. I didn't even know that was possible!

The adds were real tricky for us at first. Turns out our pally tank's healing aggro was pulling everything to him, making separating them really hard. We had him turn off righteous fury when the adds start popping, and that made a world of difference.

Yeah, I'm already doing that, and it does make a huge difference

Entropia

No One Remembers

I moved to Stormrage and I hate it. Thought it'd be awesome to have more people on the server. But then the queue times happen.

Quake1028

Where can I get those XP potions you guys were talking about a few pages back? I am 90% through 81, and would really like to speed this process up some :p.

Where can I get those XP potions you guys were talking about a few pages back? I am 90% through 81, and would really like to speed this process up some :p.

In pandarea, a rare elite drops a 300% exp potion dunno his english name

Ok there he is also the fire priest on the new island can drop it too

Oh man, the monk flying cloud mount is instant cast, this class just keeps getting better.

Pretty cool right!!!

Too bad you cant use it on non flying mounts area.

JCizzle

Mine too. It was like that before the patch, too. Some people in my guild mentioned that my server (Illidan) got merged with another to combat the ridiculous Horde-Alliance ratio (it is, or was something like 10:1 H:A), but I'm not sure whether not that's true, considering Illidan was always a "Full" population realm.

Those people are wrong. Blizz has said they will never merge high pop servers regardless of faction ratio. The queue times kill that possibly.

So at what level wariors becomes fun to use? I cant get pass of lvl 15 without being bored to death and use them as a tank

I only find Warrior tanks fun when you get to exploit the synergy they have with other classes (i.e. having a DK Gorefiend Grasp things to your war banners). Warrior DPS is not that different from any other faceroll melee DPS. I do like their mobility buttons. I've never found Rage to be a very engaging resource system.

Fjordson

There's so much stuff in the shop that's 50% off. Don't tempt me, Blizzard.
:lol I know. And when it's right there in-game with the buy now option it really is tempting. I almost bought the flying goat one on discount right now, but I just know I'll get sick of whatever mount I buy from the store and never use it again after a few days.

I actually hit 100 mounts earlier today. Really don't need to pay for mount 101.

I need more WoW friends. Just getting back into it again and I have like 1 person in my friends list that plays lol. Add me pls bnet plbelanger#1923 Trying to get my monk & druid to 90 (monk currently 87/druid 18 which I just started) Druid is pretty fun class IMO so far.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know how the PVP 'random' lets you exclude 2 BGs? They should do that with dungeon finder. I really don't like dealing with all those caster mobs in Cathedral on my prot warrior.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Warriors way more fun than monk.
Unless you mean as DPS. Warrior as DPS is boring justlikeret.

edit: Oh my god, Reforge lite is the best

Slayerx

QJNiugD.jpg

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Rokam

So is the new Raid Finder any good?

No ones really using it because Blizzard forgot to make it easy to find. It's still buried away in a spot that makes no fucking sense. Instead of being in the "Dungeon Finder" menu it's in the raid tab under "Other Raids" next to "Raid Info" But yes the UI is much better and every raid is listed.

I'm getting the stutter and times where shit just doesn't happen. My pets won't attack sometimes. Other times they run off. I've never had a patch just fuck something up. This is really really weird.

JCizzle

No ones really using it because Blizzard forgot to make it easy to find. It's still buried away in a spot that makes no fucking sense. Instead of being in the "Dungeon Finder" menu it's in the raid tab under "Other Raids" next to "Raid Info" But yes the UI is much better and every raid is listed.

Wow, I can't believe they still bury it there, Wtf!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Twelve days until Christmas, no beta announcement yet. Beta opt-in for Mists of Pandaria began March 20, 2012; the beta itself began March 21, 2012. With Warlords of Draenor anticipated for launch quite soon (spring 2014, maybe even earlier), I can't see Blizzard delaying the announcement for too long. Would make for a great Christmas gift.

Btw, got a Heartstone beta key today.

Rösti;93459064 said:
Twelve days until Christmas, no beta announcement yet. Beta opt-in for Mists of Pandaria began March 20, 2012; the beta itself began March 21, 2012. With Warlords of Draenor anticipated for launch quite soon (spring 2014, maybe even earlier), I can't see Blizzard delaying the announcement for too long. Would make for a great Christmas gift.

Anticipated by who? I anticipate it will release around summer.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Anticipated by who? I anticipate it will release around summer.
Maybe I should elaborate on "spring". I mean between May-July seems to be what most people think about when WoD will release. But I've seen April and even March suggested.

Also, if anyone has an opportunity, I'd appreciate if my post here (I'm Çæðð) could be posted on the US forums. As usual, the EU forums do not provide many comments.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What kind of country doesn't "accept" bad ass looking shirts? Sheesh, the standard for shirts, you guys! I see people wearing shirts with naked tits and dicks in public, this shouldn't be any problem.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What kind of country doesn't "accept" bad ass looking shirts? Sheesh, the standard for shirts, you guys! I see people wearing shirts with naked tits and dicks in public, this shouldn't be any problem.

It's because wearing a WoW shirt obviously indicates to all around you that you are a grotesque mouth-breathing nerd who has and will never enjoy the tender caress of a woman (or dude or anthropomorphic pony or whatever.)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

They're way too "busy" and for t-shirts. I'd rather have something simple like a Horde or Alliance logo. And what kind of country do you live in where people walk around with dicks on their tshirt?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They're way too "busy" and for t-shirts. I'd rather have something simple like a Horde or Alliance logo. And what kind of country do you live in where people walk around with dicks on their tshirt?
I personally find them clean and stylish. Odd.

Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom