• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quake1028

Well, they got me. Mists of Pandaria bought for $9.99 and subbed for a month.

And I'm thinking of one of the sale mounts. Kill me now.

Heroic - Flameweaver Koegler down after 10 seconds!

Heh, hard for it to go any faster than that.

Had a heroic SoO ret pally as our "tank" earlier today for a heroic run. He was doing something like 300k DPS. And he had over 600k HP.

Me too, that bat mount looks so badass, and its 12.50$ instead of 25$. Gotta resist.

Yeah the bat is tempting cause they never have us a bat mount proper before, unless you count the Troll Druid flight form.

Tacitus_

Had a heroic SoO ret pally as our "tank" earlier today for a heroic run. He was doing something like 300k DPS. And he had over 600k HP.

I have 720k hp as a warlock, without the stamina buff >_>

We did a hc with a full group of our raiders a couple weeks ago. The bastards killed the first boss before I could land a single chaos bolt (my first spell!) so I did 0 dps on that boss :lol

I have 720k hp as a warlock, without the stamina buff >_>

We did a hc with a full group of our raiders a couple weeks ago. The bastards killed the first boss before I could land a single chaos bolt (my first spell!) so I did 0 dps on that boss :lol

Well fu my mage have 550k hp and thats why I always cast instant firebombo on the boss no matter my rotation

I whore a Horde insignia shirt earlier today... not a single word from nobody.

They dont give a fuck

That's because shirts with just the horde symbol look like they could just be some random t-shirt from a department store trying to be edgy. People would only know it was associated with WoW if they knew a fair amount about the game in the first place

Can't say the same for the shirts posted earlier in this thread

Mothman91

How do you get other gear for your second spec while leveling?

I was leveling my Enh Shaman in Pandaria and decided I wanted to switch to Elemental, but the quests only allow me to get Enh gear. I switch to Ele but it's fucking hard to kill anything without proper gear. Is there a trick to it like switching specs before accepting quests? He's already 90 so it's too late but I do want to switch my Ret to Prot so it'll be a bit easier to switch. Problem will be the Enh to Elemental during WoD.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How do you get other gear for your second spec while leveling?

I was leveling my Enh Shaman in Pandaria and decided I wanted to switch to Elemental, but the quests only allow me to get Enh gear. I switch to Ele but it's fucking hard to kill anything without proper gear. Is there a trick to it like switching specs before accepting quests? He's already 90 so it's too late but I do want to switch my Ret to Prot so it'll be a bit easier to switch. Problem will be the Enh to Elemental during WoD.

Right click on your char portrait, change loot spec.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So since WoD is on Draenor and Orcy focused I'm hoping we get a new Boar model like how wolves got Worgs.

And a boar mount. I really want a boar mount.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
FAVE FIVE RAIDS

1. Black Temple
2. Blackwing Lair
3. Icecrown Citadel
4. Siege of Orgrimmar
5. Ulduar
HM to Karazhan
Least fave five consists of Trial of the Crusader.

Quake1028

I'm thinking about the bat mount too. I think it's the only one that really "fits" the Horde. Maybe if things are going well in a few weeks I will gift it to my toon as an Xmas present :p.

Prologue

Nice to hear you can get an instant 90 with the new expansion. Too bad we have to wait so long :(. They should allow us get an instant 85 now so we can go straight into the current content.

D3 RoS will be Spring, so summer, early-ish Fall (Sept. or Oct. at the latest). Anything less than that is a failure. If the beat my expectations and hit June, July, or early August, I'd be a happy camper.

Earlier than that and I'd be astounded.

What is this raid finder you're speaking of?

ICC is my favorite raid ever. EVAR.

Then old Vanilla NAXX. 4 horseman wrecking guilds and marriages.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I would love Ulduar a lot more if the first boss was easily soloable. You know something is wrong when the first boss of ICC at lvl 90 is much easier than the first of Ulduar.

With Blizzard nerfing old raids to make them more soloable, i'm surprised they still haven't done anything to Ulduar's first boss.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I would love Ulduar a lot more if the first boss was easily soloable. You know something is wrong when the first boss of ICC at lvl 90 is much easier than the first of Ulduar.

With Blizzard nerfing old raids to make them more soloable, i'm surprised they still haven't done anything to Ulduar's first boss.

I dont know about soloable but I 2 manned flame leviathan in the tank on 25 man difficulty rather easily.

On ten man I am sure it wouldn't be so bad on a motorcycle.

Quake1028

Damn, my guild had trouble with Ulduar 10 man at all epic 80's. Is 90 really that much higher, did we suck, or has it been nerfed? Or all of the above :p?

Peachpies

flame leviathan is pretty easy to solo, just drive 1 demolisher into the boss area and leave it there and then get into a second demolisher and use that one to fight the boss using blue pyrite on the boss about every other attack (letting it tick as long as possible while not letting it fall off) if the demolisher is going to die then just spam the blue pyrite. After the first demolisher is either out of blue pyrite or going to die jump in the second one and and do the same thing though you will have less time in the second demolisher because the leviathan doesnt have to drive over from the center.

vocab

Damn, my guild had trouble with Ulduar 10 man at all epic 80's. Is 90 really that much higher, did we suck, or has it been nerfed? Or all of the above :p?

All of the above. yogg has been nerfed to the point where the random zap of insanity no longer functions anymore.

10 man is completely soloable though.

Can I still do ICC at 82?

Yes. I just did it yesterday, and popped 200k+ HPS on Valthria.

Fjordson

So uh, is there anything to this Tushui Pandaren faction? Got exalted with them, but as far as I can tell the only thing you get from them is a tabard and a bag :lol

What do you mean? I can solo Flame Leviathan with ease. You just stack the vehicles and shoot, it will lock on to the other vehicles and the time it locks on you he's dead.

*Beaten*

Tacitus_

? I've soloed everything outside of Thorim in Ulduar. In fact, the first boss of Ulduar 10 was soloed back in Wrath gear.

Rokam

Pretty sure 10 man FL can be killed without a vehicle, may actually be quicker to stack 10 pyrite on him and jump out and burn him down. The only difficult FL is 25 HM. 10 man HM & normal 25 just require you to move multiple Demolishers into the boss room, and spread them out so they don't all get hit by his aoe shit.

FAVE FIVE RAIDS

1. Black Temple
2. Blackwing Lair
3. Icecrown Citadel
4. Siege of Orgrimmar
5. Ulduar
HM to Karazhan

Icecrown Citadel
Ulduar
Siege of Orgrimmar
Karazhan
Naxx
Honorable Mention to Obsidian Sanctum for the difficulty slider.

Worst Raids:
TBC T5, all of it
Hyjal
AQ40

IsayFever

FAVE FIVE RAIDS

1. Black Temple
2. Blackwing Lair
3. Icecrown Citadel
4. Siege of Orgrimmar
5. Ulduar
HM to Karazhan

1. Icecrown Citadel
2. Ulduar
3. Naxxramas
4. Ahn'qiraj

all 5 top are top tier. Pandaria's raids are somewhat lacking.

Mmmm, finally got a weapon. Zerat from the troll council. Not necessarily the best, but certainly better than the 463 blue I've been lugging around since last year.

And clearly BC/Wrath were the peak of raiding based on people's votes here. If you don't count Trial of the Crusader. Since then, I don't think they've necessarily been bad (Dragon Soul aside), but they've felt a bit uninspired. The decision/choice to not go forward with OS/Ulduar-esque hard modes as the standard for future raids (outside of a few special bosses here and there) certainly didn't help. I'm not saying it wouldn't have been a design challenge, but to resign themselves to not trying because "it would be too hard" has always disappointed me. Though I suppose having a straight UI toggle is less limiting in terms of what kinds of encounters you can create without resorting to a straight button or something like Mimiron which is essentially the same thing but in context - though it wouldn't work for everything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's the ultimate question

When is my fishing going to be account-bound, or, when are they going to remove the stupid fishing 'skill' all together

Ultratech

Me too, that bat mount looks so badass, and its 12.50$ instead of 25$. Gotta resist.

While I don't really care for most of the store mounts, the bat one is really awesome.

I gotta say, it's very tempting.

When is my fishing going to be account-bound, or, when are they going to remove the stupid fishing 'skill' all together

You don't like fishing?

At least they made it easier in some respects this expansion.
You don't catch junk from pools anymore and I'm sure you're bound to always catch fish while in Pandaria.

Well they kind of have it, but you'd have to grind Nat Pagle rep, which is honestly worse than just fishing to 600 anyway.

By the way - what's the best way to progress forward after LFR? I mean, LFR, then Flex via Open Raid, but is there any real chance of getting on a raid team that would be appropriate this late in the patch/expansion? Checked realm forums, but everyone seems to just be advertising heroic modes by now. I mean I suppose GDKP since I'm somewhat "rich", but I'd rather save the gold if I can. Otherwise I don't know if there's really a raid team out there starting normals at this point that isn't "bad". I mean maybe just ignore this raid tier and focus on prep for the expansion, but that's more than a few months out at best, so I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom