• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
Not that hard finding heroic raids in Blizzard's Raid Finder.

Yes and no. The thing is, you don't want to get saved to an Immerseus lockout that won't go anywhere and the non tard raids won't take you since you don't have experience.

At this point in the xpax lifetime, it's prety much over unless some raid is willing to just take me for the fuck of it ;)

I would try to snuck into my guild's usual clear but I'm never available on tuesday nights.

Lumine

Well I resubscribed again! I feel a bit lost and overwhelmed though. I haven't played this since Cataclysm was released, so I guess that's like 4 years ago? So many little things have changed. I have no idea how to play any of my characters anymore or where I was going. I kinda wish there was a little return-to-game-zone that acts like a starting/tutorial zone. Maybe I'll just start a new character for now.

Tacitus_

I'm playing a balance druid and I am using the staff, but it doesn't block that spell interruption.. I know for sure it's caused by one of the weapons, but I can't figure out which one

Uh, I think the daggers use kick. Or maybe the shield uses shield bash.

So Mim's head is on the BMAH. I would so bid on it if I wasn't relatively low after my spectral tiger purchase.

Though I'd rather have Invincible I think, especially as a DK.

Magnus

I'm playing a balance druid and I am using the staff, but it doesn't block that spell interruption.. I know for sure it's caused by one of the weapons, but I can't figure out which one

It's the Phaseshift Bulwark, the shield. Nuke the shit out of that thing first.

Well, my subscription is running out today. I need to get my computer in order before WOD comes out. I figure about a week of testing my gpu with other games, then a week or two RMAing my graphics card. I wish the card was completely dead, that would make things easier for troubleshooting. Hopefully, I'll make it back by the time 6.0 hits.

JesseZao

So my alternate hearthstone b.net account was gifted wow (all but pandaland) and given free sub time til sept 28 (from random blizz promo)...

May be time to try some horde on my old alliance server sargeras. How fast can you level these days from scratch/no help.

JesseZao

Id recommend not doing that.

Hehe. I'm sure the ratio has just gotten worse, but with cross realm stuff, maybe it doesnt matter.

Really, the only thing I sorta want to do is reconnect with people from my old guild since there wasn't a universal b.net friends list when I last played besides real id. Not sure any of them still play though.

M.D

Uh, I think the daggers use kick. Or maybe the shield uses shield bash.

It's the Phaseshift Bulwark, the shield. Nuke the shit out of that thing first.

Finally managed to do it earlier, thanks :p
no mount tho :(

How long do I have to wait to do this raid again? I tried doing the reset instances thing, but it didn't seem to work

Also, what's the deal with Valor Points? They are used like Justice Points to buy gear?
Are they both being converted to gold when WoD releases or just Valor? I'm not sure if I should spend them or just save them, tho it's not that hard to earn them

Any alliance gaf want to take me on a pity garrosh normal run? I'm 561 warrior and can pull my own weight, just want the mount before it's too late. Oqueue is really picky about melee dps and usually people in heroic gear get picked over 561 (overkill yay...).

Fularu

Banned
Hey, don't tell the 560+ only flex groups that.

Those people are idiots. The higher the "gear level req", the higher the chance of getting an idiot who believes gear is everything when execution is far better than brute forcing.

So many raids just brute force (by vastly outgearing the content) and still fail yet don't accept to learn from their mistake.

Fularu

Banned
Any alliance gaf want to take me on a pity garrosh normal run? I'm 561 warrior and can pull my own weight, just want the mount before it's too late. Oqueue is really picky about melee dps and usually people in heroic gear get picked over 561 (overkill yay...).

I don't know the state of alliance oQ but I never had problems finding Garry raids with my fury warrior, even when I was "just" 550. At 561 you should have little to no troubles finding one. I suggest trying on tuesday or friday though. Especially friday since it's the day good guilds run their alts and find randoms to fill the gap.

Edit : Sorry, I meant to edit my first post :(

Magnus

I've given up trying to get anywhere in OQ groups since I'm only 535. The amount of valor grinding and crap I'd have to go through just to get into Flex 2+ groups that all seem to demand 550+ is insane. All CM groups also want people with 9/9 experience. Like, fuck.

I realize that I'm not the audience for those groups, really. The only way to find other people willing to learn with you or accept that it's your first time is to join a guild or play with friends.

I just don't have the time or willpower for 15 hours of wow a week anymore. Too many other games I want to play too, haha.

vocab

I've given up trying to get anywhere in OQ groups since I'm only 535. The amount of valor grinding and crap I'd have to go through just to get into Flex 2+ groups that all seem to demand 550+ is insane. All CM groups also want people with 9/9 experience. Like, fuck.

I realize that I'm not the audience for those groups, really. The only way to find other people willing to learn with you or accept that it's your first time is to join a guild or play with friends.

I just don't have the time or willpower for 15 hours of wow a week anymore. Too many other games I want to play too, haha.

Just queue up for the 0 ilvl required groups and hope for the best. Or be a healer.

Can't wait till warlocks are normalized and brought down to a reasonable level. Stupid ass ghost crawler.

Magnus

Just queue up for the 0 ilvl required groups and hope for the best. Or be a healer.

Can't wait till warlocks are normalized and brought down to a reasonable level. Stupid ass ghost crawler.

It's true. Healers. It's why I've usually preferred a class that can heal. It's a role I'm sorta comfy with and if you can pull off the job no one really cares about numbers.

strafer

Love that you can send followers on a possible suicide mission.

Will never send Lantresor though.

10519719_809279262426348_6367189890632761798_o.png

Yeah the ilvl creep is horrendous. When I started doing flex in SoO like 3 months after it came out it was usually 520ish for flex 1/2/3, and 540's for 4, now its like 540 and 550's. Your best bet is to find a guild running flex, but tbh at this point people are really only doing flex for BoA's. I like the idea of the legendary quest and everyone getting the cloak, but the meta and cloak make such a difference that it's unlikely people who just dinged 90 will be doing flex for 2 months and Ordos only makes the problem worse because alt runs will still have high ilvl from him as well. I don't want free legendaries, but some steps should have been reduced like 6 months into this raid tier, the 3000 valor being the worst offender.

Magnus

Yeah the ilvl creep is horrendous. When I started doing flex in SoO like 3 months after it came out it was usually 520ish for flex 1/2/3, and 540's for 4, now its like 540 and 550's. Your best bet is to find a guild running flex, but tbh at this point people are really only doing flex for BoA's. I like the idea of the legendary quest and everyone getting the cloak, but the meta and cloak make such a difference that it's unlikely people who just dinged 90 will be doing flex for 2 months and Ordos only makes the problem worse because alt runs will still have high ilvl from him as well. I don't want free legendaries, but some steps should have been reduced like 6 months into this raid tier, the 3000 valor being the worst offender.

I've got the cloak, and a couple of items from Ordos. It's some LFR TOT gear that's keeping me down at 537.

Here's me, btw.

Manus

Got my cloud serpent mount! Only took little over a week of doing dailies. So much better than the Tol Barad grind.

I've got the cloak, and a couple of items from Ordos. It's some LFR TOT gear that's keeping me down at 537.

Here's me, btw.

Too bad you aren't alliance, I'd friend hop you into a flex group. You're pretty overgeared for flex 1-3, and at the right level for 4, just people on Oqueue looking to be carried or they hate shadow priests (even though the dps gap is irrelevent at lower gear levels).

Ultratech

Love that you can send followers on a possible suicide mission.

Will never send Lantresor though.

10519719_809279262426348_6367189890632761798_o.png

lol @ "Rocks Fall. Everyone Dies."

Made me think of the one of the rare mob quests in ToT that was called "Rocks Fall, People Die.".

(Then I found out what it was from really, then I laughed a bit.)

Fjordson

Yeah, completion achievements and item level can get ridiculous. My hunter is 573 so he usually qualifies for the silly steamroll groups, but my shaman is "only" 564 and I still have issues some weeks finding a good Garrosh group. It's really obnoxious.

I only still bother for the heirlooms. Incredibly bored with SoO otherwise.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yeah, completion achievements and item level can get ridiculous. My hunter is 573 so he usually qualifies for the silly steamroll groups, but my shaman is "only" 564 and I still have issues some weeks finding a good Garrosh group. It's really obnoxious.

I only still bother for the heirlooms. Incredibly bored with SoO otherwise.

But why? Just wait for 6.0, it'll be easier to get in AND do SoO and it'll be 100% drop rate.

Fjordson

But why? Just wait for 6.0, it'll be easier to get in AND do SoO and it'll be 100% drop rate.
Well I'm talking over the course of months. It's always been kinda dumb. But yeah, at this point I doubt I'll kill him much before 6.0. Especially since I got the 569 staff last week.

VinFTW

WoW history:

MT of Topped off, finished US 5th in Siege of Org. (10 man).

Guild Master of a guild w/ 3 realm firsts (Will of the Emp, Empress, Sha of Fear)

Now, no longer playing but want to level through WoD because the zones look amazing.

Kraftwerk

WoW history:

Guild Master of a guild w/ 3 realm firsts (Will of the Emp, Empress, Sha of Fear)

Now, no longer playing but want to level through WoD because the zones look amazing.

ooo

I am on your realm, Love your guild. Welcome :D

Recruit me :0

Karl Hawk

Banned
Hey guys, newbie here. Just bought WoW few days ago (The battlechest edition was cheap, so I couldn't let the opportunity pass)

Any good guides for a newbie like me to familiarize myself to World of Warcraft? This is my first time playing an MMO and I'd like to have my experience not too overwhelming for my own good.

TheYanger

Hey guys, newbie here. Just bought WoW few days ago (The battlechest edition was cheap, so I couldn't let the opportunity pass)

Any good guides for a newbie like me to familiarize myself to World of Warcraft? This is my first time playing an MMO and I'd like to have my experience not too overwhelming for my own good.

Honestly, the in-game tutorial and stuff is pretty decent. The official site has some game guide stuff for newbies but idk how useful all of that is. Depending on your familiarity with PC gaming in general it's either going to seem overwhelming or just really simple, a lot of the more complicated stuff isn't obvious to you at first, but I would expect to run into a lot of 'what are you guys talking about?' and then having something you didn't know existed being explained to you perhaps.

I mean there are levelling guides and stuff but those won't teach you anything about the game, if anything they'll teach you to be completely dependent on the guides hehe.

Kraftwerk

Hot 90 on my monk. Been a blast so far.

Definitely going to tank on my Monk in WoD. Just too burnt out from my warrior after years and years.

As I said earlier, going to PVP like crazy on my warrior though. I am a General right now. Need that High Warlord title.

Really looking forward for WoD.

TheYanger

so is Followers like companions from SWTOR? Send them on missions for goodies etc?

Vaguely, it's a bit more complex than that. The missions have like "Ogre, Mage, Gnoll" opponents each with a special ability (HEAVY DAMAGE ATTACK! for example) and it'll have a location like the tundra, and a different duration. Then you select 1-3 followers to send, who each also have their own abilities, some of which counter enemy abilities (Shield wall counters HEAVY DAMAGE ATTACK or whatever) which raises your success rate, as well as traits like "More succesful in the plains" or "Works better alone" "Better at fast missions (under 6 hours)". So you basically want to match your missions up against followers that best meet the criteria to get your success rate as high as possible, and they get XP and different rewards depending on the mission.

It's a fun little minigame considering you don't really spend much time doing it.

CassSept

Fresh mea...

WoW history:

Well, that escalated quickly.

Welcome!

PS. Wow, you can send followers on missions? Well this will be a timesink.

TheYanger

It's like a slightly more involved version of the missions you send your guys in in FFT. It's not SUPER complex, but it feels fun to pick a solid team and it takes like a minute every few hours/once a day/whatever.

CassSept

It's like a slightly more involved version of the missions you send your guys in in FFT. It's not SUPER complex, but it feels fun to pick a solid team and it takes like a minute every few hours/once a day/whatever.

Personally it reminds me most of AssCreed Brotherhood since I played through it recently, but for me that system was very addicting. It took literally seconds every few minutes but I liked maximizing my games from the ability to send initiates on missions and I'm guessing it's gonna be the same in WoW.

Tacitus_

Personally it reminds me most of AssCreed Brotherhood since I played through it recently, but for me that system was very addicting. It took literally seconds every few minutes but I liked maximizing my games from the ability to send initiates on missions and I'm guessing it's gonna be the same in WoW.

When I last tried them, the mission success depended on your followers level and the special abilities they had from basic stuff like "ability x counters mission danger y" to stuff like "this follower has bigger chance when going alone"

Heroic Paragons DOWN!!!!

Just the big boss left now.

H: Paragons such an exhausting fight though, damn. So many mechanics to deal with.

Gz! 10 man was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom