• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I last tried them, the mission success depended on your followers level and the special abilities they had from basic stuff like "ability x counters mission danger y" to stuff like "this follower has bigger chance when going alone"

Gz! 10 man was it?

25! I raid 25s. Sub 80 attempts, but 3+ weeks of 2-night raiding. Pic:
I'm the glowing fire kitty.

AbWMiC7.jpg

Paragons is actually my favorite fight in siege, I liked it a lot.

It's kinda fun, but just so stressful. Especially while the Hisek is still up since as melee my back is to him when he's casting Rapid Fire most of the time so you really have to be on top of dodging. Otherwise as a DK there's not much to worry about between AMS and Purgatory (our kill I got Aimed into Korven's cleave and was saved by it, thank god).

We're probably extending till we get a Garrosh kill now since gear shouldn't be a problem and he's considered easier anyway, at least at this point. Much more scripted.

Westlo

To my fellow gold goblins, liquidate yo shit. Old world mats gonna be so irrelevant in WoD except for people who like to level up professions with their characters.

Ultratech

It's like a slightly more involved version of the missions you send your guys in in FFT. It's not SUPER complex, but it feels fun to pick a solid team and it takes like a minute every few hours/once a day/whatever.

Yeah, kinda sounded like Dispatches from FFT and FFTA.

To my fellow gold goblins, liquidate yo shit. Old world mats gonna be so irrelevant in WoD except for people who like to level up professions with their characters.

Possibly so. With the new profession catch-up mechanics in place for Draenor, leveling them looks to be much easier (or at least you're getting multiple skill-ups).

Westlo

Possibly so. With the new profession catch-up mechanics in place for Draenor, leveling them looks to be much easier (or at least you're getting multiple skill-ups).

I've got like a bank tab full of tin ore to prospect through and hope to sell off whatever comes out of it in the next 10 weeks lol.

Way too much elem ore among other things...

Ultratech

I've got like a bank tab full of tin ore to prospect through and hope to sell off whatever comes out of it in the next 10 weeks lol.

Way too much elem ore among other things...

I have a Bank alt that has like 2-3 Bags full of nothing but Gems.

Been leveling JC on my Lock, so assuming I can get him high enough in it to use them all, leveling it will be super easy.

Westlo

Put on AH Jade Breastplate and Legs for 10k for like 6 months straight not a single buyer, didn't bother to list them again for months until tonight and both sold to the same person.

Bought legs for 5k like 459 days ago according to TSM, no price for breastplate, I must've transferred it from my horde account... more "pretty" allliance races = better chance to sell transmog shit like jade armor.

Vesmir

Banned
Wondering if I should drop BS on my druid...now that minmaxing professions is nulled maybe I should get something that is actually useful for it.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
What is an acceptable dps for Garry 25 Normal? I was doing about 205k last night but wasn't enough and got kicked ( .__.)

Fularu

Banned
What is an acceptable dps for Garry 25 Normal? I was doing about 205k last night but wasn't enough and got kicked ( .__.)

200k is fine if you don't try to bruteforce the fight and ignore some mechanicis by having a higher DPS than intended.

Since most people would rather ignore the adds and burn Garrosh, I can see why they want people with 250k+ dps, but that's overkill.

You don't wipe on Garrosh because you're doing 200k, you wipe because you ignore MCed people or you aoe the adds, or you stand in ww, etc...

Magnus

Oh shit. I follow Icy Veins recommendations for best priorities and rotations on my 537 shadow priest and only tend to hit 110 or something. :(

Magnus

You're doing something wrong if you're only hitting 110.

Something very very wrong.

I must be remembering the numbers incorrectly. Let me hit a target dummy right now and see.

Edit-

Yeah, I clearly haven't gone back and done this in awhile since I upgraded a bunch over the past few months, lol.

I'm hitting a steady 140k, self-buffed (no flask or food, though).

Is that...still terrible?

I'm talking single-target dummy, no SW:D obviously, no multi-dotting....I find I'm a victim of my procs. On repeated tests I'm anywhere between 125k and 155k steady dps, regardless of whether I'm using FDCL or Solace/Insanity.

vocab

depends on your class and gear level.

I recently did 180-190k by the end on a 541 ele shaman with no cloak or gem (my third alt), and killed him in ten man normal. Of course I run with a group who can do content in the shittiest gear possible. It really depends on trinkets and weapons too.

Fjordson

Depends on your gear, but above 200K should be fine for normal Garry. It's just that people like to speed through it and want everyone to be closer to above 250k or so. Totally overkill, but that's what people are looking for sadly.

Martheron

So, I think I wanna play WoW again as I have nothing to really do on the weekends. What are some of the better tuned classes at the moment? I was thinking Warrior or priest or possibly shaman. Also, whats a good server to roll on as I'd prefer to play on a server with people for once. Either side, doesn't really matter to me.

edit: added another class i would be interested in

Are professions changing in wod? Anything I should know before I decide what to max with my druid?

iirc profession specific stat bonuses are going away. No more combat bonuses from professions.

With that out of the way I think Alchemy or Engineering might be the best choice.

Fularu

Banned
iirc profession specific stat bonuses are going away. No more combat bonuses from professions.

With that out of the way I think Alchemy or Engineering might be the best choice.

Everything that gives a combat advantage from engineering will be available for everyone. There's a blue on that.

There should be no better/mandatory professions.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Everything that gives a combat advantage from engineering will be available for everyone. There's a blue on that.

Agreed, but at the same time, a lot of the profession gear (BS, LW, Cloth) doesn't seem really good. How long has it been since people were clamoring for a piece of crafted gear?

vocab

Enchanting, and alchemy will never be bad for making money. And engineer will always be like the god of Challenge modes.

Do alchemist still get 2 hours on their flasks?

I just like Alchemy, always seems easy to level and transmuting or flask making is easy money.

TheYanger

Yeah enchanting and alchemy would be my picks. Thank god every single alt I have made in the last 3 years has enchanting since it's a pure money gain even with 0 effort (Hey I got a new LFR item - 250 gold).

Tacitus_

Agreed, but at the same time, a lot of the profession gear (BS, LW, Cloth) doesn't seem really good. How long has it been since people were clamoring for a piece of crafted gear?

Whenever a new tier with crafting recipes is released. So.. about a year ago when SoO was released.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So, I think I wanna play WoW again as I have nothing to really do on the weekends. What are some of the better tuned classes at the moment? I was thinking Warrior or priest or possibly shaman. Also, whats a good server to roll on as I'd prefer to play on a server with people for once. Either side, doesn't really matter to me.

Warrior is a great class to play, IMO. Tanking is really fun and you have a lot of options, and fury and arms are both functional and engaging DPS roles.

Fjordson

All three are fine choices. Classes that can fill multiple roles are always useful.

I guess I would recommend a shaman out of those three. I just started playing an enhancement shaman a few months ago and I love it. Shaman healing is also fun (though I mostly raid as DPS).

ampere

Yeah enchanting and alchemy would be my picks. Thank god every single alt I have made in the last 3 years has enchanting since it's a pure money gain even with 0 effort (Hey I got a new LFR item - 250 gold).

Making sure to pick up enchanting was my main thing when I made a Monk for MoP. It's so nice being able to DE old pieces of gear. Leatherworking was my other one, for the bracer enchant is amazing and free leg enchants. With both of those going away I might be picking another profession for Warlords.

Jeeves and Blingtron are still soulbound for Engineers, so maybe it's time to become an Engineer. I'm an engineer as my real job anyway so it's kinda funny :p.

I've given up trying to get anywhere in OQ groups since I'm only 535. The amount of valor grinding and crap I'd have to go through just to get into Flex 2+ groups that all seem to demand 550+ is insane. All CM groups also want people with 9/9 experience. Like, fuck.

I realize that I'm not the audience for those groups, really. The only way to find other people willing to learn with you or accept that it's your first time is to join a guild or play with friends.

I just don't have the time or willpower for 15 hours of wow a week anymore. Too many other games I want to play too, haha.

This is what has me worried about the "new" raid finder, and the fact that LFR won't have Tier anymore. I think it will make it even more difficult for the average player to get into groups that will help provide a worthwhile reward for all parties involved.

So are professions not going to have perks anymore? My main is a JC/Miner, so will I not be able to get the serpent eye gems anymore?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Whenever a new tier with crafting recipes is released. So.. about a year ago when SoO was released.

You don't see people demanding it though. They just get their gear through LFR/Flex/Normal. For example, Merlin's Robes were pretty amazing and in good demand back in Wrath during the tier content.

When new tiers of crafting recipes are up with the new tier, you rarely see people rocking crafted gear or even looking for it to be made.

So are professions not going to have perks anymore? My main is a JC/Miner, so will I not be able to get the serpent eye gems anymore?

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2479/warlords-of-draenor-jewelcrafting-overview

There are no meta gems for Warlords of Draenor gear.
There are no new gems for primary stats in Warlords of Draenor.
There are no socket bonuses for Warlords of Draenor gear.
There are no differently-colored gems in Warlords of Draenor. Instead, there are simply secondary-stat variations on Taladite gems.
Sockets are not guaranteed to be on an item, they have a small chance to be added to raid gear.
Socket tech is being changed so they are not hugely advantageous in content that scales down, like Proving Grounds and Challenge Modes.

ampere

Correct, no power increase perks.

Professions still have perks like how an Enchanter can DE their soulbound gear. What sort of perks like this remain will determine what are good professions going forward. Jewelcrafting might still have some benefits to having it, but I'm not sure. Right now it seems like I'm better off getting a guildy to cut my gems.

You don't see people demanding it though. They just get their gear through LFR/Flex/Normal. For example, Merlin's Robes were pretty amazing and in good demand back in Wrath during the tier content.

When new tiers of crafting recipes are up with the new tier, you rarely see people rocking crafted gear or even looking for it to be made.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2479/warlords-of-draenor-jewelcrafting-overview

Wow I missed that guide. I was wondering if they were going to do gem colors or anything.

Holy shit you need 100 taladite for 1 blue quality gem. I guess that's how they make up for people needing fewer gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom