• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leveling up cooking in MoP sucks so much

550-600 sucks ass but it's hasn't been this easy to level cooking since they put in the thanksgiving event.

I've been working on Brawler's Guild, gave up because Hexos is a pain in the butt with long queue times but it's a ghost town these days so I ground it out and got my mount. Still need to farm up a paper covered rock and get lucky on the dusty old robot. Hopefully I can get it all set up for the rank 10 + bonus fights this weekend. I think that will about do it for my main in Mists. I've only got pet battling and archaeology stuff left to do. I'm undecided on pet battles. It's the most mindless grind they've ever put into the game, but if any part of it is required for non-pet battle stuff in the future (like the brawler's guild) I guess I need a bunch of pets at 25 loaded. And don't get me started on archaeology. It's just so boring! :(

dave is ok

aztek is ok
550-600 sucks ass but it's hasn't been this easy to level cooking since they put in the thanksgiving event.
I'm talking about 575-600, that alone makes this the hardest to level cooking by far.

I have every brawlers guild card except Darkmoon and pet battle. Time to level some pets I guess.

ampere

Speaking of which, does the enchanter part of the Garrison have DE capability, even for non-enchanters?

Well, there goes that 'perk'. Went ahead and checked the Wowhead overview for Enchanting and:

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2481/warlords-of-draenor-enchanting-overview
Level 1: Allows the production of Enchanting items and allows non-Enchanters to disenchant items.

So... not sure if that is a limited thing or if it's a full blown way to DE everything you want.

Either way seems like having professions is almost... unnecessary? Garrisons seem to cover it all, but I guess there is a limit of how many buildings you can have.

M.D

Got both Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake and Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake today

Stone Drake looks so cool ;p

Edit: How the hell do you get to Isle of Thunder? I still can't figure it out

It seems like there's a quest called "To The Skies!" you take when doing some scenario? what is scenario is that?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Well, there goes that 'perk'. Went ahead and checked the Wowhead overview for Enchanting and:

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2481/warlords-of-draenor-enchanting-overview

So... not sure if that is a limited thing or if it's a full blown way to DE everything you want.

Either way seems like having professions is almost... unnecessary? Garrisons seem to cover it all, but I guess there is a limit of how many buildings you can have.

IIRC having the garrison building to your corresponding profession lowers a daily cooldown that some professions have.

So for instance, engineers with the engineering building could make a mount faster than people who only have one or the other.

So there's bonuses to it that will make you money, but they're no longer mandatory to have a profession if you want the professions perks.

I've been working on Brawler's Guild, gave up because Hexos is a pain in the butt with long queue times but it's a ghost town these days so I ground it out and got my mount. Still need to farm up a paper covered rock and get lucky on the dusty old robot. Hopefully I can get it all set up for the rank 10 + bonus fights this weekend. I think that will about do it for my main in Mists. I've only got pet battling and archaeology stuff left to do. I'm undecided on pet battles. It's the most mindless grind they've ever put into the game, but if any part of it is required for non-pet battle stuff in the future (like the brawler's guild) I guess I need a bunch of pets at 25 loaded. And don't get me started on archaeology. It's just so boring! :(

I got a paper covered rock. What does it do?

StMeph

I've only got pet battling and archaeology stuff left to do. I'm undecided on pet battles. It's the most mindless grind they've ever put into the game, but if any part of it is required for non-pet battle stuff in the future (like the brawler's guild) I guess I need a bunch of pets at 25 loaded. And don't get me started on archaeology. It's just so boring! :(

I feel the same way, and I'm missing those two from the extra encounters for Brawler's as well. My brother said he leveled a team just for killing Doopy. Archaeology was apparently fairly lucky, because he got it after only a few Tol'vir solves.

I'm talking about 575-600, that alone makes this the hardest to level cooking by far.

I have every brawlers guild card except Darkmoon and pet battle. Time to level some pets I guess.

If you were on Kilrogg I'd just give you the ingredients, they're pretty worthless and I still have probably around 300 ironpaw tokens across my characters.

Doopy wasn't too bad, the most aggravating part was leveling up a team of flyers strong enough to kill him. I might have done it the dumb way, cheesing mechanicals to farm Arcane Eyes, then realizing the Arcane Eyes have extremely long respawn times, so I moved back and forth between Swamp of Sorrows and Deadwind before I had at three semi-acceptable Eyes to farm Dragonbone Hatchlings to leapfrog most of the hard grind. Once I had 3 rare level 25 flyers the fight was in the bag.

Hoping I get the darkmoon brawler's item this week, waiting a month for it to come back doesn't seem like fun, and it might even be too late.

TheYanger

Pet battle levelling is ONLY a grind the first time, due to the way the system works once you have a team at 25 it actually becomes a joke to power level anything else you need. It's reasonably fun but it is exactly what it appears on the surface: Pokemon battles to waste time in. Doopy wasn't too hard, took me a few tries but I barely have any 25 pets so my team was SUPER unoptimized. Archaeology brawlers guild took me FOREVER. Blingtron also, that was my last one. I think it took me like 3 months to get Blingtron to drop.

Ultratech

You don't see people demanding it though. They just get their gear through LFR/Flex/Normal. For example, Merlin's Robes were pretty amazing and in good demand back in Wrath during the tier content.

When new tiers of crafting recipes are up with the new tier, you rarely see people rocking crafted gear or even looking for it to be made.

Was sorta in demand when you could actually first make them, but it's fallen off quite a bit since then.

If you were doing Normal at the time 5.4 came out, then yeah, there was hardly any point.

I do get what you're saying though; why waste mats on crafted gear that's likely to be outclassed or made redundant by a regular boss drop?

(I guess it might help if you're just having some horrendous luck, but still...)

It's not really so much hard as it is time-consuming.

If you got alts with the full farm unlocked, it's a little easier.

I kinda sorta should do that, but I'm not particularly motivated to do so.

Pet battle levelling is ONLY a grind the first time, due to the way the system works once you have a team at 25 it actually becomes a joke to power level anything else you need. It's reasonably fun but it is exactly what it appears on the surface: Pokemon battles to waste time in. Doopy wasn't too hard, took me a few tries but I barely have any 25 pets so my team was SUPER unoptimized. Archaeology brawlers guild took me FOREVER. Blingtron also, that was my last one. I think it took me like 3 months to get Blingtron to drop.

Doopy took me a couple of tries, but that was with an unoptimized team.
(The worst was when I did manage to kill him, but lost because I got hit with something after he died and killed my last pet.)

I've gotten quite a few of the Blingtron quest items; too bad you can't sell or trade them. :\

Darkmoon was just a crapshoot; if you got alts, do the dalies on them and send the bag to your char trying to get it.

Ultratech

Are there any changes coming for glyphs?

On a server where they seem to all cost several hundred which is a pain.

A little bit.

Read more here:
http://wod.wowhead.com/guide=2506

Major things seem to be that:
-Catch-up mechanic in place (like other professions)
-Some glyphs are learned automatically while leveling characters now.
-Some glyphs are exclusive; basically you can't use two glyphs that modify the same skill, but there's some other stuff as well.
-Some glyphs are exclusive to one specialization and you can't use them outside of that.

I've never really been a fan of the glyph system. I understand they needed another profession to use herbs, but glyphs just seem like they should be talents. Every spec uses the same ones anyways cause the rest are mostly useless.

That said, I do love the polymorph glyphs. Wish there were some more minor cosmetic ones like that.

Savitar

A little bit.

Read more here:
http://wod.wowhead.com/guide=2506

Major things seem to be that:
-Catch-up mechanic in place (like other professions)
-Some glyphs are learned automatically while leveling characters now.
-Some glyphs are exclusive; basically you can't use two glyphs that modify the same skill, but there's some other stuff as well.
-Some glyphs are exclusive to one specialization and you can't use them outside of that.

Thanks, do appreciate that.

I've never really been a fan of the glyph system. I understand they needed another profession to use herbs, but glyphs just seem like they should be talents. Every spec uses the same ones anyways cause the rest are mostly useless.

That said, I do love the polymorph glyphs. Wish there were some more minor cosmetic ones like that.

I agree.

I mean you had gear that changed things, then you had gems and then glyphs added on top of that. Definitely one thing too many, two things may be too many...

I love the rogue glyph set, but I agree that it just feels like a second talent tree at this point. There's no difference at all in their implementation, except that you have to pay for glyphs and talents are free :(.

JSoup

Banned
I haven't played since wrath and my server is now connected with 2 other realms. Does that mean I could have 22 bank alts?

Yes. Well, kinda. There are some cross-realm restrictions in play, but it shouldn't be too much trouble if you really need the space.

My Warlock officially luckier than my DK. Got a Hellscream's Doomblade off Garrosh from him tonight whereas my DK got nothing. And I was thinking of not even bothering with the lock this week. Warlock: 2 DK: 1

That makes two of those though! So I have my DW leveling weapons for WoD!

Sure it woulda been nice to have a different heirloom, but I'll take 2 of my main 1H weapons any day as well. Now if I can get 2x Decapitators for my Warrior... (I'll have at least one from switching my loot spec to Unholy in 6.0)

Most useful other heirlooms for me would be the Pig Sticker and 2x Agi Daggers (preferably) or Axes.

Repgnar

Has anyone been following what people think of classes for WoD? Got back into WoW around maybe two months ago and used my preorder boost on a rogue. Have been spending most of my time on that character and am now fully geared in Prideful gear. Still learning with the rogue but feel pretty good playing him in PvP and enjoy the class. For WoD I'm planning to play primarily PvP but i'm not sure which class to start my WoD experience with. Thinking between a Druid, Paladin, or Rogue(Unless I decide to randomly decide to boost a class before WoD comes out.) Because of my schedule it'd be mostly PvP but since i'm going to get to start this expansion with everyone else I could see myself picking up PvE like I did in TBC/Wrath.

EDIT: Brother is planning on going war and my friend is thinking Rogue/Hunter.

Minion101

Banned
Yes. Well, kinda. There are some cross-realm restrictions in play, but it shouldn't be too much trouble if you really need the space.

I tried it and it worked however auctioneer treats the AH as a different server. Which is a bummer.. but hey 2 DK banks alts!

strafer

Loom prices has been changed.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...nor-Beta-Build-18837-September-9-Raid-Testing

Also, there seems to be a third loom piece which would mean they got a separate loom for 100?

420956.jpg
420955.jpg

420954.jpg
420952.jpg

1up

Only need that god damn paper covered rock to be done with Brawlers Guild. It's been a month and still nothing...

In other news I farmed up 500 bloody coins and got the mount now. Battlegrounds are by far the fastest way to get them now besides cheesing it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Only need that god damn paper covered rock to be done with Brawlers Guild. It's been a month and still nothing...

In other news I farmed up 500 bloody coins and got the mount now. Battlegrounds are by far the fastest way to get them now besides cheesing it.

How does one cheese it?!

Magnus

Lmfao.

Beta invite received. Lol. Naturally. Today of all days. Destiny, Apple reveal, and live WoW reset day.

Hilarious.

Can't wait to try this out to see the new models. :)

Magnus

Do they require you to use a different client?

When I attempt to follow the email instructions to download the WoD client, or just dload it via the battle.net site, the operation stops and puts me on the WoW tab of my Battle.net desktop app, implying that it's one and the same.

I don't see the WoD PTR or beta test in the dropdown menu. What gives? :(

Of course no beta invite for me :(

Still would really like to test garrisons/professions.

Must be retribution for having an otherwise pretty great week in WoW.

Garrosh progression this coming week though. With any luck we can get him in sub 100 pulls like we did every other heroic boss this tier. I'm excited. Decent chance I'll get one of the first mounts too.

When I attempt to follow the email instructions to download the WoD client, or just dload it via the battle.net site, the operation stops and puts me on the WoW tab of my Battle.net desktop app, implying that it's one and the same.

Battle.net launcher is in maintenance right now, so you probably won't be able to download it until that's over.

Wunder

I just resubbed a week or two ago and I got the beta invite.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. I feel bad too, because I probably won't even touch it.

Should look like this, I was confused too but it just showed up on my dropdown.

edit: I wish I could trade this invite for whenever Legacy of the Void hits.

Magnus

Thanks for the replies, guys. I just found a link to the installer on a third party site and it prompted the official desktop app to begin downloading the beta client. Looks like there's a shitty access wall around it during maintenance for some reason.

26gb.

Destiny while I wait. HOLLA

Felspawn

No beta invite for me, in the meantime i'm farming TBC rep on my new main. Are there any up to date guide to maximize rep gains?

Zebetite

Banned
I got one too. I only just resubbed two weeks ago. I don't even have a 90!

Kind of doubtful I'll be checking it out. I've got a Druid to level.

TheContact

I almost didn't want this beta invite...I've been in every single WoW expansion beta and when I sign in day 1 I always know where to go and what everything looks like. I don't have the willpower to not log in but damn I really wouldn't care if I never got an invite. Especially with me getting my ps4 Destiny bundle today

TheContact

No beta invite for me, in the meantime i'm farming TBC rep on my new main. Are there any up to date guide to maximize rep gains?

Not sure just keep in mind some of the objectives, like in Hellfire, and maybe Nagrand, offer bonuses to rep for capping the towers. I'd suggest farming heroic instances as they'd give the most rep

Edit: sorry double post

Felspawn

For those that are in the beta, how is the horde starting zone on drenor. The pics of the alliance zone (SMV) look soo much cooler. is it actually better in person?

fuzzyset

Not sure just keep in mind some of the objectives, like in Hellfire, and maybe Nagrand, offer bonuses to rep for capping the towers. I'd suggest farming heroic instances as they'd give the most rep

Edit: sorry double post

Yes, at least for Cata rep, you could buy a tabard and farm the Cata dungeons. I was able to get my camel mount that way fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom