• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

Alright thanks I was just trying to figure out if there was a mechanic that pulls you off the belt as there isn't one listed in the journal. And since there's no debuff in LFR easy peasy. Feel bad when no one knows how to do belt and we wipe to people not being able to kill Crawlers. Thanks again.

Kara is my goddamn JAM. Hell, I always end up running through the entire instance when I Jump in each week to farm the mount just because I love the atmosphere so much, despite having the pet and all the transmog gear I could want from there.

To me, TBC just had the perfect balance of raiding difficulty, maybe up until Sunwell.

Granted, I was only 15 at the time of raiding, and I felt like I was pretty good at WoW for my age, so I may be a little biased. But getting attuned for Kara felt like a great achievement, farming heroics to be geared enough to get into it, then going from learning every fight and taking almost 3 nights to fully clear it at first until finally being able to tear through it in one night as a guild truly felt like you were getting better at the game. Then contiuning onto Gruul and then SSC just truly felt like you were completing a challenge to meet the next.

You would have to do Kara runs once a week to gear up guildees, but earn badges for yourself even if you were overgeared. It just seemed like a well designed system that allowed you to actually have to learn fights and be dedicated, but would allow you to "fast track" casual members of your guild and whatnot once you progressed far enough into the content.

I quit raiding after that, so I never got deep into TK and never hit BT/Sunwell. But it only seemed like the trend continued until 2.4 hit, where Sunwell seemed a little to nuts at first.

TLDR;

TBC had its raiding progression perfected.

Fjordson

Speaking of cool raids and dungeons, I just did the 5 man version of Zul'Aman for the first time (needed the bear mount and that 24 slot bag) and this is a pretty cool instance. I really love all the jungle/troll material in WoW. Zul'Gurub, STV, etc.

Rare spawns respawn every restart right? Trying to check my server and my friend's for the spirit bear
Wasn't my experience with Arcturis. Checked his spot after numerous restarts and never saw him.

That was maybe the hardest spirit beast for me to tame because his spawn point is just in that single area. Always had at least 1-2 other people around just sitting there waiting.

Ultratech

By chance can anyone fill in the gaps of the assembly line strat on Siegecrafter. Just LFR, but finding a guide of extra shit that happens is impossible. I know the basic jump in the tube kill the Crawler Mines if they're up, but is there anything that'll force me off the belt or can I just stand up there all day?

Depends on your class.

Typically, if you stay on the belt long enough, Siegecrafter will yank you back down to the platform.

Now if you're a Hunter, you can Disengage off the belt back onto the platform.
(For any other classes, I don't know what to tell ya.)

Man, so annoying when you need all the bosses down in a LFR wing to unlock the necessary achievement for the next and it puts you in a group that's partway through.

Gonna have to do a group for the second half of Heart of Fear again :/

At least I can leave after I get the first boss there done. Annoying because I'm one sigil away from finishing the first part of the quest and I'll need Terrace unlocked. Trying to get the 5.0 part of the questline finished this week so I can start on the Valor grind with the reset on Tuesday. Otherwise I'll be delayed even further.

The further 20 tokens are going to be a joy though as well, I'm sure.

Khezu

Huh that weird texture bug in New Heartglen is still in the game, it's been in since the beginning of WoTLK.

Like some random texture in the skymap is slightly bugged, and when ever you turn quickly, it looks like a long strand of white. It lasts for a split second, it kinda almost looks like buggy lightning.

It's not game breaking or anything, but it is really distracting when ever I go there.

Thinking of leveling an alt...I have an elixir of knowledge 300% xp boost.

Whats the best way to maximize that item?
do a insane loads of quests then drink the potion and deliver them or if you know where to do multiple quests are the same time like hyjal quests then drink in before quests

Talents

Banned
So my mate wants me to run one of his soon to be level 80's through a WOTLK raid, is it possible with just raid finder gear? I've got a Warlock, Shaman and Paladin with raid finder gear as I mostly PvP. What class would you say would be best to run him through and how would I go about it?

Rapstah

There's an insane bug where phasing somehow makes certain NPCs in Cataclysm zones impossible to attack on my server, Ragnaros EU. Because servers are all blended together now I'd assume it affects more servers.

It completely breaks progression in Deepholm and Twilight Highlands, meaning there literally aren't any quests to do for the second half of level 84.

So my mate wants me to run one of his soon to be level 80's through a WOTLK raid, is it possible with just raid finder gear? I've got a Warlock, Shaman and Paladin with raid finder gear as I mostly PvP. What class would you say would be best to run him through and how would I go about it?

Paladin, maybe Lock would be best. T7 10s at least should be cake. 25s would be harder. Ulduar should be okay for most of it if you can get past FL. ToC you might get stuck on Faction Champs. Tried to solo it myself, but the issue I had was one of the adds from beasts first phase getting stuck on my back with no way to kill it. Slowly died to that, even though I made it to the worms. With another person it shouldn't be a problem.

And ICC should probably be fine for at least parts. Ruby Sanctum not worth the effort.

You may be able to bump at least the T7 raids to 25. Not sure about the other tiers. Was gonna do 25 OS this week myself, but I did the 10 man first and forgot they changed it all with that shared lockout shit.

Oh yeah, Vault should be easily soloable as well.

Tacitus_

Probably paladin since they've got self heals out of the ass. Warlocks are a nice option as well.

And really, you can easily solo WOTLK raids in current gear. I could almost solo Dragonsoul 10 back in ToT normal (so current LFRish) gear. Most likely could've if I had stuck with it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I always heard DKs are THE raid soloing class. I guess with Dark Succor/death strike helping a lot and having all those CDs for burst

I always heard DKs are THE raid soloing class. I guess with Dark Succor/death strike helping a lot and having all those CDs for burst

Well I play a DK. I was referencing recent experiences going in as Frost. As Blood you can definitely do much harder things, but you'll have a lot lower DPS, so it only makes sense to do on fights you otherwise couldn't beat without the extra sustain. Haven't tried, but can probably solo Cata heroics if not some of the earlier raids. Hell, I know it was possible to solo normal Cata dungeons at 85 with good gear, since I had started running Stonecore for the mount (which I should get back to).

Paladin with Word of Glory + other CDs should be as good if not better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I love my hunter and my warrior, but I don't see how people can do alts sometimes. While I'm leveling my hunter all I can think if 'I should be LFring/grinding fish for feasts/grinding ore/pet battling' on my Warrior There's just so much to do.

Milennia

The 25 man heroic rag with all dks was fucking insane to watch.

I forgot the dudes name who made it, but it made me a believer.. At that point i was always 100% on warlocks being the most capable.

Solo wise, the dk solo normal ragnaros was also great.

Edit: ragewyn now i remember his name lol didn't even have to look it up.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well I play a DK. I was referencing recent experiences going in as Frost. As Blood you can definitely do much harder things, but you'll have a lot lower DPS, so it only makes sense to do on fights you otherwise couldn't beat without the extra sustain. Haven't tried, but can probably solo Cata heroics if not some of the earlier raids. Hell, I know it was possible to solo normal Cata dungeons at 85 with good gear, since I had started running Stonecore for the mount (which I should get back to).

Paladin with Word of Glory + other CDs should be as good if not better.

I can very easily solo heroic Zulgurub with my ret paladin. Don't think I even need to use Word of Glory that much, but it helps... I only do it for the mounts, but whatever. :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm kind of surprised how long my warrior can withstand bosses/elites solo now. Back in the past I'd go down pretty quick but now stuff like Enraged Regeneration, shield block mastery, and victory rush help keep me up for a long time.

Rokam

I can very easily solo heroic Zulgurub with my ret paladin. Don't think I even need to use Word of Glory that much, but it helps... I only do it for the mounts, but whatever. :p

Ret soloing is so good, especially with 4 piece, Cloak, and Divine Purpose. AoE all the things.

Fjordson

My hunter's been pretty good with solo'ing. Pets are pretty beefy as tanks at this point with high end gear. Turn taunt on and misdirect to them and you can avoid a lot of damage.

Jag

Man, I love my hunter and my warrior, but I don't see how people can do alts sometimes. While I'm leveling my hunter all I can think if 'I should be LFring/grinding fish for feasts/grinding ore/pet battling' on my Warrior There's just so much to do.

Every expansion I think I'm going to change my main, but I always go with my Hunter to start. Just a great soloing class.

So I need to kill the bosses in Terrace, except the Sha of Fear, hoping for a last Sigil of Power, so I can then go kill the Sha of Fear once I get that quest, to finish that part of the questline this week so I'm not stuck for an additional week with nothing to advance.

Just one Sigil ;_;

Must've killed at least 6 bosses now with no drop for the last one. Maybe see if I can find a random run doing ToT or Flex Wing 1 tomorrow if I don't get a drop from the first couple bosses in Terrace. Done everything else but that and Downfall this week.

In other news, the Warlock I've been leveling mainly as my other activity is now 42 in something like 7-8 hours /played. That Dread Pirate Ring definitely makes a difference. Speaking of, gotta see if I can win again tomorrow(today) for the Arcanite pole. Only the boots would be left after that.

Fjordson

Finally got my Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher mount! Wanted one of these since Wrath, but have never been able to wrap up the last few achievements. Happened to find a solid group for the 30 stacks of necrotic plague on Lich King achievement and we knocked it out in one shot.

ZenaxPure

Every expansion I think I'm going to change my main, but I always go with my Hunter to start. Just a great soloing class.

I've tried to change my main a couple of times, but it never works out. Mutilate rogue is just too much fun for me to quit. I think the only other thing I could do and feel like I was equally having as much fun is probably resto druid, but I've never really actually tried it since I don't raid for serious anymore so the lines between main and alt are a lot more blurred.

JCizzle

I really wish that they'd fix some of the art clipping, like the below image of my sword going straight through the cloak 100% of the time it's on my character's back. It's really lazy looking IMO and ruins any type of immersion. Goblins have similar issues with shields just cutting their shoulder armor in half almost.

YlRoL7J.png

Dammit no sigil. That's something like 9 bosses that could have dropped the last one but didn't :/

S'pose it's an extra week then. Did get the nifty sha-touched Shin'ka though, so at least that's something (to transmog).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I really wish that they'd fix some of the art clipping, like the below image of my sword going straight through the cloak 100% of the time it's on my character's back. It's really lazy looking IMO and ruins any type of immersion. Goblins have similar issues with shields just cutting their shoulder armor in half almost.

YlRoL7J.png

You think that's bad? At least you can deactivate the cloak.

Look at my draenei paladin for instance. Her tail goes right through the shield from Malygos, and if i jump, its the head that does that. :( Shit like that bother me a lot, i love the look of the shield, but it seems i'll have to find a smaller shield.

JCizzle

You think that's bad? At least you can deactivate the cloak.

Look at my draenei paladin for instance. Her tail goes right through the shield from Malygos, and if i jump, its the head that does that. :( Shit like that bother me a lot, i love the look of the shield, but it seems i'll have to find a smaller shield.

Agreed, I wish I could look past stuff like this, but it bothers me as well. I hope they take a hard look at fixing these problems with the model revamp, but I doubt it :-/

Raxious

So I hit lvl 90 last friday and now I'm just bored. It just feels like there's no more point in playing, everything now all comes down to play raids to get better gear in order to get into new raids for more gear.

So I hit lvl 90 last friday and now I'm just bored. It just feels like there's no more point in playing, everything now all comes down to play raids to get better gear in order to get into new raids for more gear.

Heh, I filled that void with transmog stuff, reputation questing and doing achievements. if that fails then I level another Alt

vocab

Aw you havent even tried brawlers guild.

Once I beat SoO normal I kinda felt like I did everything. I'm 3/14H (did that in one night with my pug alt group), and easily could be 11/14H if I really wanted too but I choose not to raid 25m Heroic (I had a spot on a raid team for like 6 months and never took it). Raid content is why I play the game really, and there isn't much until the new expansion.

I know that feel o.o. I have five 90s now, three of which have cloaks and are 550+ (only done LFRs). The other two are fresh and in the ~510 range from just Timeless Isle and the world bosses, but I feel like I've done more than enough LFRs for this expansion by this point. Not into PvP. Have all the transmog sets/old content things I want. Haven't logged in since Tuesday. Sub runs out in Feb and I'll probably just let it drop til WoD then. After quitting in early Cata I came back a bit before 5.2 mostly cause of green fire, and I'm satisfied with the time I've spent since then, just out of things to keep me coming back regularly now (pre-Cata it was always raiding).

Ultratech

Finally got to complete ToT last night.

Found a group that actually knew what they were doing (not to mention that we had some major DPS courtesy of three guys in Heroic SoO gear).
Two of the top DPS were these Enhance Shaman who were pumping out 300k DPS on bosses. It was pretty crazy.

My hunter's been pretty good with solo'ing. Pets are pretty beefy as tanks at this point with high end gear. Turn taunt on and misdirect to them and you can avoid a lot of damage.

Pretty much. I use them for soloing Warbringers among other things.

Add to the fact that they take little to no damage from AoEs, and they make some enemies a complete joke.
And with the Mend Pet glyph that increases healing, you can help keep 'em up a while.

Dont make me tell you about helmets and tall ears.

This reminds me how 90% of Helms used to look like ass on Trolls.
They've gotten a bit better about it, but it was kind of annoying.

Ultratech

Watching a hunter kite a warbringer is the most boring thing I have ever witnessed in MOP.

I don't even kite, I just have my pet straight up tank it.

Only things you have to watch out for are the Spirits (which can and will kill your pet if they get in a few hits) and the Fear, which you can break with Bestial Wrath or whatever.
Just gotta keep 'em healed up with Mend Pet, keep Misdirect/Threat up and you're gold.

Kiting those guys would suck terribly and if they've got Fear and you aren't able to break it, GG.

GARROSH = DOWN!
LFR

Got one of those multi-use tokens, so I spent it on legs which are the most stat dense after the chest which I already have. My lowest iLevel slot that's a tier piece is gloves from Timeless Isle but that's not worth spending the token on if I have other options which I did. Up to 512 equipped iLevel now. The 1H Sword from the Klaxxi dropped for me today as well, but I don't have anything to pair it with besides a 502 from ToT, so I figure I may as well stick with the 502 2H for the moment.

After our group got over a handful of phase 1 wipes figuring out what exactly everyone should be doing (issues with engineers not being killed and iron star mass death), we managed to one-shot through the rest of the fight (with 2 stacks of buff, albeit.) I enjoyed that fight a lot actually. Maybe not as good as Lich King, but certainly more entertaining than Deathwing.

Overall I'd have to give SoO a B+/A- as a raid. Pretty good. Though Terrace of Endless Spring, while short, had very fun bosses as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom