• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

A 90 frost dk can blow threw old content like its nothing. You need an offspec though. 25h LK is just so trival when you have blood shield up 100% of the time.

Lower level scaling isnt really something you should worry about. If we were raiding new content in 522 gear sure.

There is no scalable content except CM/proving grounds.

Changed my mind again today and started leveling the hunter ;p
Only thing I wasn't sure about is if I wanted to play a male panda, because they look.. chubby

I'm halfway to 18 and the class is pretty fun so far.
I took BM as main spec for now because I understand its the better spec to level with, but I'm wondering about something - how important is a pet for a level 90 BM or Marksman? I figure BM is different, but can level 90 Marksman ignore his pet completely?

The one thing I'm really missing from my druid is healing - how do you handle healing in combat or even out of combat with a class that has no healing abilities?

-NeoTB1-

Man, it sucks they are removing the legendary quest line in 6.0.2. I doubt I finish it in time. I didn't start on it until really, really late in the expansion though. I figured that even if I didn't finish it before WoD launched I could still go back at some point in time and finish it for fun. I don't care if the cloak will be useless to me by that point.

Oh well. I'm just being salty.

Edit - I see I'll still be able to work on it until WoD launches since I am already on the quest chain. I still have my doubts I'll finish (work full time, grad school full time, wife, kid, etc). I just don't have the time right now to devote to it. Bleh. Still though, it's nice they are extending the buff for people needing the drops.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Just got Grand Black War Mammoth from VoA. Check another run off the list. And another mount I'll never use.
That mount dropped twice in the same run when I did it back in WotLK. Some brouhaha arose due to someone logging off in the rolling process, but I eventually got it (I rolled second highest value, highest roller went offline).

Anyway, congrats. That mount is great for exploration if you are into that, very good in Ulduar for example (though Ulduar can be a real hazard without proper items (rocket boots, slowfall etc.) so the mount alone won't provide full freedom).

Fjordson

Changed my mind again today and started leveling the hunter ;p
Only thing I wasn't sure about is if I wanted to play a male panda, because they look.. chubby

I'm halfway to 18 and the class is pretty fun so far.
I took BM as main spec for now because I understand its the better spec to level with, but I'm wondering about something - how important is a pet for a level 90 BM or Marksman? I figure BM is different, but can level 90 Marksman ignore his pet completely?

The one thing I'm really missing from my druid is healing - how do you handle healing in combat or even out of combat with a class that has no healing abilities?
Assuming you're talking about PvE, you can never totally ignore your pet. They're an important part of your damage. But even as BM there isn't a lot of active management. They don't really take damage (as long as you remember to take taunt off) and basically all of their abilities can be set to auto cast. Honestly, the only time I'm conscious about my pet and what it's doing is if I feel the need to use the heal from one of my spirit beasts. Other than that, it's really just about making sure it's on the correct target.

Worth noting that in WoD there is a level 100 talent called "Lone Wolf" for Survival and Marks that lets you completely get rid of your pet. Whenever you don't have one active you get a 30% damage buff to your core abilities.

Week is officially luck. Just got the Offhand Warglaive too. Though that's the second "half" of a legendary I have right now along with part of Thunderfury. GAHHHH.

vocab

If your pet dies as bm you lose tons of dps. If you dont manage your pet you will lose dps regardless. During target swaps it will run across the room wasting time. You can get by easily in solo content, but in raids you will get punished hard.

TheYanger

Pet management is completely trivial. 99% of the time you just have it attack your target and forget about it. I personally have it on passive at all times and just force attack any time I swap target, becomes second nature. Mousewheel up = attack target. mousewheel down = follow. Works flawlessly on all of my pet classes.

Fjordson

Pet management is completely trivial. 99% of the time you just have it attack your target and forget about it. I personally have it on passive at all times and just force attack any time I swap target, becomes second nature. Mousewheel up = attack target. mousewheel down = follow. Works flawlessly on all of my pet classes.
Same. I have attack and follow bound to extra mouse keys and just keep it on passive. Never had any issues. And the raid buffs are all auto cast so even that is taken care of.

Ultratech

Looks like the Heirloom Vendors (for JP) are getting removed until 6.0.2 now. :(

Guess you better grind JP now unless you wanna grind Seals/Tickets.

People are maaaaaaaaaaaaad on Twitter about that :lol

I guess it's kinda understandable.

Granted, I don't really care THAT much since I've gotten it on my two mains and all my other 90 alts have the remaining quests.

Rösti;130284284 said:
I hope Raid Finder won't be a way to obtain this legendary ring. Bring on more challenging content like the scenario The Thunder Forge where you have to defeat a bunch of Sha and and empower a lance, or Celestial Blessings where you have to defeat or defend Wrathion. If I can avoid Raid Finder completely in WoD, at least in terms of aquiring Khadgar's Band of the Archmage, it will be good.

Looked like parts of it involved rare Garrison missions to get some Legendary mats/quest items, but who knows if that's changed since then.

If your pet dies as bm you lose tons of dps. If you dont manage your pet you will lose dps regardless. During target swaps it will run across the room wasting time. You can get by easily in solo content, but in raids you will get punished hard.

Somewhat true.

You don't really have to manage it too much, but it's encounter-dependent.

Like it might be easier on some bosses to put your pet on passive and have it stay on the boss at all times.
Or if you're AoEing, keep Multi-Shotting every 4 sec to keep Beast Cleave up (Beast Cleave too gud; once got over 1M DPS on ToT Trash).

Though if your pet dies, yeah, it sucks. (Luckily, Revive Pet is pretty quick.)

Oh random thing - I broke my +12 roll bonus last night. Unfortunately just got an axe from normal Garrosh, but when you're at 10 coins you may as well yolo roll and hope for Tusks.

Just hope by the time we get back to farm I get something useful from all of them.

TheYanger

I started the Cloak quest back in March but stopped playing WoW and that character over the summer. I'm on the Secrets of the Empire and Trillium Bars quest. How much longer do I have? How many SoO clears do I need for the 20 bars (I can do ToT too right?)? I know the quest isn't supposed to be easy but I started a new toon with some friends so most of my WoW time is put towards the new guy. It would be cool to complete the quest though.

You're honestly not very far from done. The bars are just from the AH or miners. the secrets you can now get from all of the ToT bosses as well as the first 4 in Siege, and then there's 1 more step after that that involves getting boss drops. You could finish with this buff in like 2-3 weeks tops.

RPGCrazied

Heh, I was right. Gromloc is the blizzcon pet.

blizzcon2014Pet.jpg

Fjordson

Servers possibly shitting the bed. Crazy lag and just saw eight battle tag friends go offline all at once. Seems like this happens every week lately.

Ultratech

Servers possibly shitting the bed. Crazy lag and just saw eight battle tag friends go offline all at once. Seems like this happens every week lately.

Yeah, I was in the middle of doing a CM run and that broke everyone else in our group but me and another guy.

Kinda ended our run prematurely. :(

Does seem like lag or bnet stuff has been off recently though.

Fjordson

Yeah, I was in the middle of doing a CM run and that broke everyone else in our group but me and another guy.

Kinda ended our run prematurely. :(

Does seem like lag or bnet stuff has been off recently though.
It really sucks. Last Tuesday I was in a pretty good SoO group on my shaman alt, but right as we pull Protectors the same thing happens. Servers come back and the group was gone =[ and then a few weeks straight before was all the DDoS stuff.

Small interruptions in the grand scheme of things, but super annoying.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Fucking finally! No more Malygos! Got the Blue Drake months ago and resubscribed yesterday and got this today. Nice welcome back gift from the RNG gods. :p

Now, if only Kaelthas could frop Ashes of Alar. No more Tempest Keep would be even better.

Fjordson

Fucking finally! No more Malygos! Got the Blue Drake months ago and resubscribed yesterday and got this today. Nice welcome back gift from the RNG gods. :p

Now, if only Kaelthas could frop Ashes of Alar. No more Tempest Keep would be even better.
Grats! Love that one.

And I hear ya on Ashes. Been running that for far too long.

Ultratech

Nice job!

Took me a while to get both of those.

Had one drop a few runs into it and the other one took a few months.

How does the roll bonus work? The longer you just get gold from re-roll tokens the better the chance you get something? Is this true for LFR? Also, is it within each raid or across all raids -- trying desperately to get my last T16 piece with no luck, but I'm also re-rolling in for some T14 in earlier raid tiers and of course those re-rolls always give an item -- does that break the streak?

Fjordson

Sweet jesus, just coined a warforged Assurance of Consequence on my shaman. Funny how my alt has better luck than my main I've been working on for over a year =[

How does the roll bonus work? The longer you just get gold from re-roll tokens the better the chance you get something? Is this true for LFR? Also, is it within each raid or across all raids -- trying desperately to get my last T16 piece with no luck, but I'm also re-rolling in for some T14 in earlier raid tiers and of course those re-rolls always give an item -- does that break the streak?
Does the streak thing exist? I've gone so long at times without getting loot from bonus rolls. And other times I'll get multiple pieces of loot within the same raid. Seems mostly random to me.

Getting an item breaks the streak increasing chance (that you'll get an item). Though I've heard that rolls of 100+ gold "count" as an item. Not sure of the validity of that though.

Mentioned earlier but I went up to +12 - as in 12 rolls before getting loot on the 13th. So even with the bad luck protection you can get pretty unlucky.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So with the 3 weeks of valor farming is it unlikely to be able to get the cloak quest completed if you just started right now? i only did the very, very start of the quest because i hate grouping for anything endgame in Wow so i abandoned the chain once you needed to go into raids for items.

Dinjooh

Been without internet for a week by now, I managed.

Had the technician over today, supposed to fix the internet - He can't, a cable is cut somewhere in the building.

It'll take 2-3 weeks for it to be fixed.

Can't deal with it.

mah epics :(

Shahadan

Been without internet for a week by now, I managed.

Had the technician over today, supposed to fix the internet - He can't, a cable is cut somewhere in the building.

It'll take 2-3 weeks for it to be fixed.

Can't deal with it.

mah epics :(

Your smartphone can act as an internet source right? I used that to play wow for a week when I moved in a new appartment.

So at which level should I be able to play dungeons? I don't mind doing some filler quests, but I know I'll get bored of them at some point.
Once you hit level 15 you can use the Dungeon finder. You can do nearly the whole way to 90 through dungeons (a few friends of mine are doing that with alts) - But the class balance is totally out of control in dungeons, e.g. a healing monk can act as a real damagedealer while healing the group...

Karl Hawk

Banned
Once you hit level 15 you can use the Dungeon finder. You can do nearly the whole way to 90 through dungeons (a few friends of mine are doing that with alts) - But the class balance is totally out of control in dungeons, e.g. a healing monk can act as a real damagedealer while healing the group...

Can do it all the way to level 90?!

Shieeeeet.gif

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, once you run out of dungeon quests, it's not as fast. And you'll want to do quests to make it go faster. But between 15-60, you can almost get 1 or 2 levels per dungeon with their quests.

Can do it all the way to level 90?!

Shieeeeet.gif
Its not very fast and it can be really repetitive since you only get access to new dungeons every few levels. But its possible. I recommend queing up for dungeons while doing quests, without being tank or heal it can take its time to find a group.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Its not very fast and it can be really repetitive since you only get access to new dungeons every few levels. But its possible. I recommend queing up for dungeons while doing quests, without being tank or heal it can take its time to find a group.

Sure thing. Wouldn't want to grind too much dungeons and get bored of it. ;)

Felspawn

so finding out the Legendary cloak was going away i redoubled my efforts on my DK who had been benched for the last two weeks in favor of my Horde Paladin. got pretty lucky. i did 3 weeks of SoO in LFR and 3 of ToT and got 11 Secrets of the Empire. sitting on 13 of 20. Should hopefully be able to finish it by next week at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom