• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

rallaren

That's one specific area in that zone that glows like that, and I'm almost certain CMAA isn't actually on in that pic. Here's some more of the zone and a better one of the glowy area that's not compressed to hell and full of jaggies.
Now that's something to return to. Might even have to upgrade the PC (so prob not).

strafer

sweet loading screen

new-LoadingScreen_HordeGarrison.jpg

Anyone have an idea of what DPS I should pull as a Warrior to aim for silver in challenge modes? Wan't to try to grab one of the mounts before Draenor comes out and I'm not sure I have the time to go for gold.

Felspawn

Cant believe people are getting all worked up about the AA change. Blizzard is using the tech that may not look the absolute best but works on the most machines with the least impact. they also stated they are going to work on higher end techniques for higher end pcs but the demands of the masses come first. and yet all these idiots on the forums are all losing their shit. i swear developer is the most thankless job in IT.

Looks like ruining arms wasn't good enough for them, they want to ruin fury as well.

While I have no problem with then removing CS, they're right in that it made fury feel the opposite of berserkery, I have absolutely 0 faith in celestion replacing it with anything decent, not after how many specs he's ruined so far.

Yeah it's a real assault on the senses.

Yeah that's really bad, why would they do this?

Felspawn

Looks like ruining arms wasn't good enough for them, they want to ruin fury as well.

While I have no problem with then removing CS, they're right in that it made fury feel the opposite of berserkery, I have absolutely 0 faith in celestion replacing it with anything decent, not after how many specs he's ruined so far.

Yeah that's really bad, why would they do this?

0550e0630e27661e7b5b18fc58bec79c17f698723f75f361c6598abd94a5a603.jpg

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I could play a little bit of build 18888 today, but when I logged out to fix some things in Config.wtf, the game thereafter did not wanna launch and I was met with this:

casdksxr.png

Seldomly I get an error message (ERROR #126) about AgentCommunicator.cpp as well, but that's something I haven't got access to so can't check what the problem is. I searched on the Battle.net forums for this particular problem, but didn't see anything about it, just a bunch of other players having problems logging in/crashing at startup.

It's the same regardless of path I choose. Same via the Battle.net app, same for both the 64-bit and 32-bit version. Anyone else experiencing this?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
^ He's probably just using the windows classic theme. I'm pretty sure 98 doesn't do 64 bit.
Yes, it's Windows Classic. I'm running Windows 7. I know WoW doesn't support Windows 2000 anymore, probably same for ME. But most systems after that should be compatible.

Kraftwerk

This is why I am frustrated with them adding a fourth spec i.e gladiators stance. Instead of fixing the issues with the other specs. It's the epitome of laziness, adding damage % to prot with the same rotation...fucking genius.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Arms need a whole lot more than number tuning, the whole spec needs to be redone on beta.
I agree on this, though I think it'll be more manageable at higher item levels (>650). No excuse of course. A class/spec regardless of how powerful it is intended to be shouldn't feel like controlling a sloth.

Rösti;130663787 said:
I agree on this, though I think it'll be more manageable at higher item levels (>650). No excuse of course. A class/spec regardless of how powerful it is intended to be shouldn't feel like controlling a sloth.

So its slower on rage gen at 100?

My issues with arms right now is how slam and sudden death are downgrades, and in specifically SD's case, very low proc rate. I don't think they're done with arms though, not by a long shot.

br3wnor

Kinda getting back into the game after a pretty long time off, couple quick questions.

1: Does the difficulty ramp up once you get into the 60+ content?

Im a 42 Prot Warrior right now and spent levels 25-38ish doing mostly dungeons since it seemed really quick. Last few levels I've been doing more solo questing and I'm absolutely destroying everything. Most fights are one shield slam + one revenge and the mob is dead. I went to Dire Maul for some quests (the outside, not dungeon) and had no problems. I remember playing those sections in Vanilla WoW and actually stressing out about patrol Giants aggroing and killing me. Now I take on 4 guys at a time and barely lose any of my health before killing them all.

I don't mind since the leveling is so quick, but I'm hoping for levels 60+ some of the solo quests become a bit harder.

2: How do I get a glyph? I have two open spots but no idea what I have to do to get some glyph powers unlocked.

Thanks for any insight, having a lot of fun with the game again, really hyped for WOD

Fjordson

Kinda getting back into the game after a pretty long time off, couple quick questions.

1: Does the difficulty ramp up once you get into the 60+ content?

Im a 42 Prot Warrior right now and spent levels 25-38ish doing mostly dungeons since it seemed really quick. Last few levels I've been doing more solo questing and I'm absolutely destroying everything. Most fights are one shield slam + one revenge and the mob is dead. I went to Dire Maul for some quests (the outside, not dungeon) and had no problems. I remember playing those sections in Vanilla WoW and actually stressing out about patrol Giants aggroing and killing me. Now I take on 4 guys at a time and barely lose any of my health before killing them all.

I don't mind since the leveling is so quick, but I'm hoping for levels 60+ some of the solo quests become a bit harder.

2: How do I get a glyph? I have two open spots but no idea what I have to do to get some glyph powers unlocked.

Thanks for any insight, having a lot of fun with the game again, really hyped for WOD
Nah, content never really gets hard. I mean you probably won't be able to pull groups of mobs at higher levels? But then again, I've never leveled a prot warrior so maybe you will.

Glyphs can be bought from the AH.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Been fooling around a little with the beta. im really liking the ability pruning. Copied over my alli druid and feral feels great. At 92 i got the Enhanced Rejuvenation Draenor perk where you can cast Rejuv in cat/bear form so now i can pretty much take anything (or at least thats how i feel).

The game is also very good looking. i thought it looked well before but Draenor is just in a whole other league.

It's mainly for the super hardcore who want the CE goodies but still want to play at midnight launch or whatever. They've been doing this at least since vanilla D3, if not Cata.

Personally I'm probably just going DD again like I did for MoP. Was somewhat interested in the digital deluxe, but I can always upgrade later if I have the spare cash and decide I need the mount/pet. It's already $10 more than normal. Especially since I'm going to be dropping $25 on a server transfer for my shaman anyway.

Players that completed the Legendary cloak achievements will get a title: "Legend of Pandaria."

Neat. Hopefully it's account-wide and not just for characters that earned the cloak/achievement (requires doing the part V of killing Garrosh after acquiring the cloak).

JSoup

Banned
So, did they ever get back to us on the Hearthstone card backs from the WoD collectors edition? Wasn't clear if Digital Collector owners were getting it too. Don't really see why we wouldn't be getting it as well, but it seems like it was added after the collectors version was first put up.

Ultratech

It's so you can buy digital now and use the boost/play at midnight, but then get the physical CE and resell your normal key. Not that weird...

Yeah, was fixing to say it's just worded kinda weird.

But basically, it's just so you can use the Character Boost NOW instead of later if you're getting the Physical CE.

Wunder

Yeah there was a question on The Instance last week about that exact scenario. It's a bit awkward, but it works for what you're looking to do I suppose.

Ultratech

Welp, got half of the Silver CMs completed in the last two nights.

Got SSB done last night, and got SM, SH, MSP, and ToJS completed earlier.

Just four more dungeons to beat and I got me some phoenixes.

I figure if I can get all Silver done at this point, I'm doing pretty good.

(Entropia can attest to the rage I was having over trying to find Gold groups.)

Would still like to get Gold, but if not, then I still got the mounts.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Welp, got half of the Silver CMs completed in the last two nights.

Got SSB done last night, and got SM, SH, MSP, and ToJS completed earlier.

Just four more dungeons to beat and I got me some phoenixes.

I figure if I can get all Silver done at this point, I'm doing pretty good.

(Entropia can attest to the rage I was having over trying to find Gold groups.)

Would still like to get Gold, but if not, then I still got the mounts.

oQueue.

oQueue and lying, say you're 4x9/9. Add people to your battle.net list who are somewhat competent and then go from there, it's super easy.

So the 'new' new faces aren't actually like that by default I think, check out my character sheet and my actual character.

My theory is that they have some sort of invisible, permanent mood emote to morph the faces into looking more like what they're based on, and that doesn't show up on your portrait or character sheet.

It's a tiny bit annoying, and I foresee a bug where it gets reset and everyone reverts to sameface again.

M.D

I want to do this for one of my guys, but it feels so...weird to me.

Like I'd rather pay than get the potential no, even though I would be asking for a reversal of a faction/server change, I'm that awkward.

edit: fuck it, i'm gonna try it.

So? did it work? ;p

Ultratech

oQueue.

oQueue and lying, say you're 4x9/9. Add people to your battle.net list who are somewhat competent and then go from there, it's super easy.

See, the first time I tried that with SPM, other people pulling that crap ruined it for us.

(Doubly sucked since we almost had Gold one run and we missed getting it because of one or two screw-ups. Group fell apart after that.)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So? did it work? ;p

It totally did, they were specific to say that it was because I was such a long time member, and it was a one-time only thing.

For some reason even reading the reply made me cringe, like I was begging or something. Even though I know it doesn't really cost them anything at all at this point to copy+paste a character from one database table to another.

Then I spent so long deciding if I wanted to make him Dwarf of Night Elf that it logged me out for inactivity, I finally made him Dwarf since I already have 3 Night Elves and 0 dwarves.

Still trying to decide if I'm even going to play him or a mage as my alt in WoD. Trying to decide if I want to do 2 pure dps classes or not.

See, the first time I tried that with SPM, other people pulling that crap ruined it for us.

(Doubly sucked since we almost had Gold one run and we missed getting it because of one or two screw-ups. Group fell apart after that.)

Just watch some videos, Yanger has a good series although there are some parts where it's outdated a little bit, Barov in Scholo can easily be cheesed for instance.

Honestly I felt like I knew enough to do challenge modes just by doing the heroic versions so many times. Pop DPS CDs on trash and don't get hit by avoidable boss crap. As long as your tank and healer have good communication and know how to play their class, I don't see how it could be difficult.

It's just trial and error on oqueue. Wait for the weekend, wait for peak hours, and don't waste too much time in a fail group.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Oh so I'm wondering, does GAF have a group that are doing the Challenge Mode Dungeons? Or that want to do them?

A lot of people seem to want to do them, but no one's taken an initiative to get things going.

I've done them already, had to do them twice on my Shaman even to carry guildmates

fuzzyset

Oh so I'm wondering, does GAF have a group that are doing the Challenge Mode Dungeons? Or that want to do them?

Me and 2 friends are interested in getting at least Silver before 6.0. We have the following classes ready/geared to try.

Me: Destro Lock, Hpriest, Blood/Frost DK
Friend1: Frost Mage, BM/WW Monk, Ele/Resto Shammy, Sub/Ass Rogue
Friend2: Hpriest, Resto Druid, Surv(?) Hunter

We're thinking Hpriest, BM Monk, Hunter cause those are our previous mains so we're pretty comfortable with them. We've been playing/leveling/gearing the Lock/Mage/Priest recently though. The Destro/Mage combo does insane AOE dps....

Also, for Lock/Mage/Priest , we're Alliance, but all the other toons are Horde.

On Battlenet I'm fuzzyset#1722 if you wanna try to coordinate something.

M.D

It totally did, they were specific to say that it was because I was such a long time member, and it was a one-time only thing.

For some reason even reading the reply made me cringe, like I was begging or something. Even though I know it doesn't really cost them anything at all at this point to copy+paste a character from one database table to another.

Then I spent so long deciding if I wanted to make him Dwarf of Night Elf that it logged me out for inactivity, I finally made him Dwarf since I already have 3 Night Elves and 0 dwarves.

Still trying to decide if I'm even going to play him or a mage as my alt in WoD. Trying to decide if I want to do 2 pure dps classes or not.

Just watch some videos, Yanger has a good series although there are some parts where it's outdated a little bit, Barov in Scholo can easily be cheesed for instance.

Honestly I felt like I knew enough to do challenge modes just by doing the heroic versions so many times. Pop DPS CDs on trash and don't get hit by avoidable boss crap. As long as your tank and healer have good communication and know how to play their class, I don't see how it could be difficult.

It's just trial and error on oqueue. Wait for the weekend, wait for peak hours, and don't waste too much time in a fail group.

Nice! That dwarf looks pretty awesome

Speaking of horde and alliance..
I wish trolls were on alliance so I could play them :(

Got a question for you guys - I have a 535 chest from timeless isles, but now I got a chest with similar stats that is level 528

Only difference is the 528 one has 3 sockets vs 1 on the 535 chest

Should I use the one with the 3 sockets? I'm pretty sure if I upgraded them both to max level and put gems in there, the 3 socket chest would give me better results because of sockets advantage

Kraftwerk

I have tanked challenge mode modes gold 50 times now, on my warrior and monk. Helped a lot of friends.

Willing to help gaffers out. This weekend I am helping two different groups already. I can free up time for next week and the coming weekend.

Pm me if yiu want to set. Something up.

P.s I am an asshole. If people don't perform I kick without remorse.

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom