• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Hawk

Banned
They're turning into a gold cost in 6.0 anyway.

As far as 'will you get 60'...that's really up to you. It's certainly enough playtime to do it, but most of us here are super veterans of this stuff and can do it REALLY quickly if we want to. It mostly just comes down to efficiency:
Are you spamming dungeons?
If you are, are you a tank?
Are you a healer?
If not, you should be questing hard between queues.
Never do the same dungeon more than once if you can help it, use queue specific when you need to to not outlevel other dungeons, etc.

Even within that confine, how quickly the dungeon goes can rest really heavily on your own shoulders and knowledge of the dungeon if you do tank (which has the fastest queues and by far the most impact on the dungeon, even in terms of DPS these days).

Wait, they're removing Justice/Valor points and replace heirlooms cost to gold in the upcoming patch? If true, I may have to loot more currency later on.

So is the 85-90 grind better or worse than 80-85? I've noticed my progress has slowed considerably after hitting 80. Also, is it a bad idea to create a horde character on a grossly imbalanced server with mostly alliance? I'm on a PVE server and was thinking of leveling a horde alt so I can have a horde garrison and character to experience new quests with.

I've cheesed my last 2 toons 80-85 using an Elixir of Ancient Knowledge but no flying is what really makes Pandaria leveling slow down.

vocab

So is the 85-90 grind better or worse than 80-85? I've noticed my progress has slowed considerably after hitting 80. Also, is it a bad idea to create a horde character on a grossly imbalanced server with mostly alliance? I'm on a PVE server and was thinking of leveling a horde alt so I can have a horde garrison and character to experience new quests with.
Dungeons in 85 to 90 give practically no exp. Questing gives a ton though.

For a pve server its not bad, but seems like a waste of time if you can't even do world bosses.

Fjordson

I'm finding it slower. I have full 85 heirlooms, so 80-85 was still pretty quick for me. Without those Pandaria is feeling slower (almost to 87 on my warlock).

And it's not a horrible idea if it's PvE, but I feel like it'd be sort of a bummer. I love having a bunch of sever activity, for raids and world bosses and whatnot. A low population faction could make that stuff difficult.

Wunder

I'm finding it slower. I have full 85 heirlooms, so 80-85 was still pretty quick for me. Without those Pandaria is feeling slower (almost to 87 on my warlock).

And it's not a horrible idea if it's PvE, but I feel like it'd be sort of a bummer. I love having a bunch of sever activity, for raids and world bosses and whatnot. A low population faction could make that stuff difficult.

How is Pandaria on subsequent playthroughs? I'm getting a few characters up to 70+ now and I'm worried it suffers from the similar problems Outlands have, which is a pretty linear levelling experience even though there are multiple zones that you can go to at max level or near it. Does Jade Forest get boring?

How is Pandaria on subsequent playthroughs? I'm getting a few characters up to 70+ now and I'm worried it suffers from the similar problems Outlands have, which is a pretty linear levelling experience even though there are multiple zones that you can go to at max level or near it. Does Jade Forest get boring?
I always felt Pandaria is very boring to do it over and over again, especially since you dont have as much possibilites in which zone you want to level. In previous xpacs you always had parallel zones in which you can level (e.g. the underwater one and hyal at 80).

Also there was a huge lack of epic quest moments in pandaria. I really enjoyed leveling in wotlk, especially for the moments like Arthas showed up at questlines, or the Cata questlines which ended with events like fighting Ragnaros.

Wunder

I always felt Pandaria is very boring to do it over and over again, especially since you dont have as much possibilites in which zone you want to level. In previous xpacs you always had parallel zones in which you can level (e.g. the underwater one and hyal at 80).

Also there was a huge lack of epic quest moments in pandaria. I really enjoyed leveling in wotlk, especially for the moments like Arthas showed up at questlines, or the Cata questlines which ended with events like fighting Ragnaros.

I felt there was a much more cohesive storyline through the zones, that continued on in each daily quest, but yeah I can see how it can get repetitive. I see myself redoing Jade and Valley over and over again.

ampere

So I just recruited a friend and sent an invite to him horde side. Just now he tells me he actually wants to do alliance. Can he make an ally toon and still get the xp perks? All of my mains are on ally side anyway so this would work out better for me.

Yup, your accounts are "linked" for 60 days or w/e the time is, and during that time you guys get 300% exp when playing together. Doesn't matter which toons, as long as they are within 3 levels of each other or something.

Hi WoWGAF, Do u guys think it would be a waste of time to get another Legendary cloak on an alternative account that I have? I already have it on my main but I have no idea how relevant it'll be once 6.0/Draenor comes out.

Don't bother, you prob can't finish a new cloak by the time Draenor is out and it won't matter. Once you hit 100 you'll use a blue cloak from heroic dungeons.

StMeph

I liked the more reserved quests and plotlines in MoP after so many world-threatening expansions, and another one coming in WoD. Things were largely unknown, and the different zone storylines eventually led up to the opening of the Vale, which was then desecrated.

That said, it was pretty linear.

Kintaco

No real reason to create a horde toon on your imbalanced server. Why not just create it on a horde server? Heirlooms can be mailed cross server, the only thing you'll be short is gold wish is fairly easy to earn.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Did they do any changes to Brewfest this year?
Nope. Wowhead has datamined some stuff that could be introduced next year though. Such as a companion, banners and the option to opt out of Brew of the Month Club (well, the mailing of those brews anyway).

Fjordson

I still love Pandaria, but this is only my third time playing through it. The quests are strong and flow together well, infinitely better than Outlands (unsurprising given how much newer Pandaria is). But yeah, it's just a definite slowdown without the heirlooms.

Wunder

Yup, your accounts are "linked" for 60 days or w/e the time is, and during that time you guys get 300% exp when playing together. Doesn't matter which toons, as long as they are within 3 levels of each other or something.

Don't bother, you prob can't finish a new cloak by the time Draenor is out and it won't matter. Once you hit 100 you'll use a blue cloak from heroic dungeons.

Yup, you can get the finer details by clicking the Handshake RAF button in your social tab and then clicking for more details, but basically it works for any character during the time limit, so long as you're within 100 yards and 4 levels within each other. I feel like the recruiter gets so many more perks than the actual recruit, and if it's the recruit's first time in WoW, it gives them such a warped view of how levelling actually works. But, it's amazing to experience as a veteran.

Mordeccai

Thanks! We figured it out last night through good old experimentation. The RAF xp gain is ridiculous.

Stealth edit, is there any sort of website with a collection of custom UI's? The default burns my eyes. I had LUI for a little bit but didn't like how tiny the action bars were and I didn't like the group frames. I really got a lot of use out of what ever add on was included that let me see colored half circles for my procs like fingers of frost and brain freeze

Wunder

Thanks! We figured it out last night through good old experimentation. The RAF xp gain is ridiculous.

Stealth edit, is there any sort of website with a collection of custom UI's? The default burns my eyes. I had LUI for a little bit but didn't like how tiny the action bars were and I didn't like the group frames. I really got a lot of use out of what ever add on was included that let me see colored half circles for my procs like fingers of frost and brain freeze

wowinterface.com or curse.com has a decent collection of UIs. Most people I know use a variation of Tuk/ElvUI, which is pretty good and highly customizable. Most class procs are included in the default UI now I believe, at least the one or two passives that are integral to the class.

br3wnor

If I have a Pandarian and do a faction change from Horde to Alliance, do I still get to change my race even though they're neutral?

Probably not going to do it any time soon but thinking about it, have a Priest on alliance and I just find the Pandarian kind of goofy so figured better to switch to Alliance and be able to switch their race instead of race change + faction change of Priest.

Gah computer so fucked right now. 2 out of 3 monitors shut down after being in a game for like 10 minutes max. Can limp through a couple things in WoW on my laptop (Dominance Offensive dailies mainly), but I certainly wouldn't be able to raid on it, at least anywhere near max capacity.

Tried various things but the next steps seem to be either reinstalling video drivers or replacing this battery on the motherboard. Otherwise IDK. Was showing some signs of issues the Garry kill night too but it held up. Thank god for that.

Hopefully I can get it fixed before I have to raid again. Already had to cancel on a normal Garrosh kill on my alt tonight :(

If nothing else might have to buy a cheap new graphics card and see if that solves it.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Had a good night in Molten Core.

Lfb8f57.jpg

i guess its time to put them ingots to use now.

edit: it just dawned on me how lucky i am that it dropped on the character i wanted it on.

Ultratech

CMs are going pretty well.

Managed to get Gold for Siege and SPM tonight.

Group for those were very good and despite mistakes, we had plenty of time to beat 'em.
(Siege did take quite a few retries though.)

Only got two more instances I haven't done anything for (Scholo and Gate), so I should wrap those up this week (hopefully) and work on getting Gold on everything else.

Pre-loading of patches usually happens a few weeks in advance from what I remember.

Yup. Nothing new, probably just prep stuff for 6.0.

The way I see it, we prolly got another 2-3 weeks before it hits.
(Hell, may luck out and have it on my birthday!)

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Okay so i got my Eye of Sulfuras earlier but am 3 ingots short to make hammer. So i hop on my pally to see if i can get some. This happens:

GxSQIMF.jpg

Was there are loot change or am i just really fortunate tonight?

Artanisix

Okay so i got my Eye of Sulfuras earlier but am 3 ingots short to make hammer. So i hop on my pally to see if i can get some. This happens:

http://i.imgur.com/GxSQIMF.jpg[IMG]

Was there are loot change or am i just really fortunate tonight?[/QUOTE]

I got my heirloom weapon, a warglaive, and attumen's mount all this week.

The loot gods have smiled upon us.

Now good luck getting the other half :p

Hopefully it won't take ages to finish my TF or Warglaive set.

Though I have to say it does make doing BT and MC more exciting each week now. Especially BT which is otherwise a bit of a slog.

Yeah, I think I've been giving you guys all the luck -- been a terrible couple weeks for me trying to finish up T16 and get a couple of other pieces. It's all good though.

Lyng

I came back to wow recently. I use to main a Affliction warlock and that is most definitely also my favourite class. However for my guilds needs I have switched to healing priest.
Right now I am just leveling. But what is the fastest current way to get to the 5k+ gold needed for epic flying? Just grinding mats? Daylies on my lock or?

Shahadan

Wow I didn't even know you could be placed in queue while trying to launch the battle.net software. Is there something crazy happening like a diablo or hearthstone expansion I wasn't aware of?

Ultratech

I came back to wow recently. I use to main a Affliction warlock and that is most definitely also my favourite class. However for my guilds needs I have switched to healing priest.
Right now I am just leveling. But what is the fastest current way to get to the 5k+ gold needed for epic flying? Just grinding mats? Daylies on my lock or?

Get Exalted with your main city (Org/Stormwind) and buy it there, since it'll be only 4k. :D

But yeah, you can just do quests or get lucky on the AH to make some gold.

Though I have to say it does make doing BT and MC more exciting each week now. Especially BT which is otherwise a bit of a slog.

Took me forever to get the other half of the bindings from Garr.

Of course, I was also running MC for Sulfuras mats at the time, so I was getting several things done at the same time.

(Funny enough, I think I got the Eye the same run I got the 2nd Binding.)

Entropia

No One Remembers
CMs are going pretty well.

Managed to get Gold for Siege and SPM tonight.

Group for those were very good and despite mistakes, we had plenty of time to beat 'em.
(Siege did take quite a few retries though.)

Only got two more instances I haven't done anything for (Scholo and Gate), so I should wrap those up this week (hopefully) and work on getting Gold on everything else.

Nice, grats dude!

ampere

Had a good night in Molten Core.

Lfb8f57.jpg

i guess its time to put them ingots to use now.

edit: it just dawned on me how lucky i am that it dropped on the character i wanted it on.

Grats! And no the drop rates were not increased afaik, you are just very lucky!

So my B.net is downloading 14GB to be "ready on patch day". 6.0 hitting tomorrow????

uSYHJiU.png

No, not tomorrow, and they'll give 2 weeks notice pre-patch. Patch is very likely October 14th.

Wow I didn't even know you could be placed in queue while trying to launch the battle.net software. Is there something crazy happening like a diablo or hearthstone expansion I wasn't aware of?

There's been an inordinate amount of lag in WoW lately, not sure what is going on. But if you get a queue for the battle.net desktop app you can always launch WoW directly with wow.exe.

Wunder

Aaaah, I'm at 2k/3k valor this week, so going to have to grind out Heroics/HScen and other things and try to resist queuing for LFR until I get 3k/3k so I can start farming my damn Secrets... Most of my other friends who restarted at the same time as me are almost done with the Runestones, so I'm quite a far ways behind :(

Kintaco

Aaaah, I'm at 2k/3k valor this week, so going to have to grind out Heroics/HScen and other things and try to resist queuing for LFR until I get 3k/3k so I can start farming my damn Secrets... Most of my other friends who restarted at the same time as me are almost done with the Runestones, so I'm quite a far ways behind :(
Yeah this happened to me last week. It sucked! Good thing they left the buff on. Now to get those last 10 runestones.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I got my heirloom weapon, a warglaive, and attumen's mount all this week.
Oh nice grats.

The loot gods have smiled upon us.
Yes they have. This is probably my best loot week ever.

i know right? At least having one gives me a reason to go through MC. Looking forward to it now. Best of luck to you as well.

Grats! And no the drop rates were not increased afaik, you are just very lucky!

I can't stop laughing, just got a binding of the windseeker. This week has been ridiculous. All on the same character too.
Grats.. its great when things go well.

Watch there be a hotfix when servers come back up saying that they hotfixed Gaze of the Black Prince was incorrectly applying to the drop rates of all non-Pandaria Legendary drops lol

dave is ok

aztek is ok
You can run the final two wings of SoO safely because Secrets don't drop there.

ampere

Yeah I just read that too. http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/23/6833953/blizzard-cancels-titan-next-gen-mmo-pc

Given the rumors about that game... trying to be everything at once, it's probably for the best. Maybe any good ideas they had they can implement in WoW over time. Pretty sure most of the dev team on Titan was already brought back to WoW months ago.

I dont have 2 friends who want to spam HScens with me :(

openraid.us or oqueue addon. Usually lots of people down for em

I hope they'll release some info about it someday like at Blizzcon or something. I'd like to know what they've been working on after all these years.

Me too. I'd love to see the art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom