• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the 100 000 valor points achivement, I got scared for a second and thought it was for one character.

I'm not gonna get that one. Total I'm at like 70k some. Maybe I could get it if I capped on all my 90s for the next couple weeks, but /suicide at the thought.

Did get 50k though, which is fine.

TheYanger

I'm not gonna get that one. Total I'm at like 70k some. Maybe I could get it if I capped on all my 90s for the next couple weeks, but /suicide at the thought.

You guys make me feel like a terrible person. I got the 100,000 valor achievement unlocked the instant they added it :(

EDit: wow, I almost got the 50k valor in Cata as early as you could possibly get it too. I didn't miss a lot of valor that xpac haha.

Fularu

Banned

Btw carbon, I think I'll take you on your offer for the challenge modes, I'm done trying to play with idiots -_-

CassSept

There's no battlegroups anymore, there haven't been for a long time. On average, mines is like 64% win rate to horde.

Ah, ok. That's weird then because I experienced hell in Mines whenever I played it, but Temple was smooth cruising. Might have been just an accident.

Slayerx

To expand a bit on the video I posted earlier.

http://www.gamesinasia.com/burgers-of-azeroth-china-gets-world-of-warcraft-themed-mcdonalds-restaurants/
As promotion for the upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion, Netease and Blizzard have partnered with fast food chain restaurant McDonalds to re-skin three Chinese McDonald’s restaurants with all kinds of WoW-themed decorations.

The promotion starts today, and if you can’t get to one of the themed stores, you can still get some in-game stuff by making purchases at any McDonalds in China and then redeeming your virtual goods here.
aef935H.jpg

They are spending some money marketing WoD I feel.

Wunder

grats milkman

I finally got my AoC yay! Hilariously close Sha fight on LFR too. Everyone just stacked past 25 pride and it was one of the first times I've seen 100 pride, let alone on multiple people. It came down to the wire and I *think* I had like 25% hp with like 10 reflections hitting me just before the boss died.

M.D

Does anyone have a good tanking or specific tanking guide for a blood DK?
Can you tank dungeons with the starting zone gear/Outland questing gear?

Also, do you get tanking or DPS heirlooms on a blood DK? I read that even with DPS heirlooms he can still tank

Is there any faster way to level besides doing Outland quests and dungeons? I really don't feel like repeating Outland again ><

StMeph

Whoop whoop GOT MY SULFURAS LOOKALIKE in heroic firelands tonight!

It actually has better textures.

Ashbringer quotes still creep me out. I really wish I had gotten it on my warrior alt or something. I would kill to get it on my DK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1FvVwvaQtE

"KILL THEM ALL" sends some chills.

Same. I also really like Xal'atoh for the same reasons. It doesn't talk often enough to feel repetitive or intrusive, and it gives some great flavor, given that it seems to be the same things that were whispered to Garrosh.

TheYanger

It actually has better textures.

Same. I also really like Xal'atoh for the same reasons. It doesn't talk often enough to feel repetitive or intrusive, and it gives some great flavor, given that it seems to be the same things that were whispered to Garrosh.
I had no idea Xal'atoh whispered! Now I need one.
Wow, never knew about this! That is awesome.
Corrupted Ashbringer has a bunch of cool shit related to it. Real shame itnever really went anywhere, but it just adds to the mystique.

Is there anyway to easily track how many HKs I have across many toons? I already have blood thirsty so tracking that won't help.

Easily? no. You can add them all up from your statistics though.

tariniel

I stared playing again recently with a friend, we made new characters and such. I think I fucked myself by picking Druid.

One of the things that we wanted to do when we started again was to go do old stuff to farm mounts and what not. But... I have flight form that is objectively superior. It may not look as neat as others, but it's instant cast and saves me time. I don't want to go do ICC achievements because I'll still just use flight form, etc. I pass every mount drop to friends because... flight form.

It's also an awkward time to play because with the expansion I don't want to raid either, because the gear won't matter soon and WoD greens will replace almost all of it. I feel really bad that my friend wants to do stuff and I just can't be bothered. I also don't really like healing in PVP and I stupidly spent all of my honor on healing gear.

I'm considering pre-ordering and boosting a different class to play, all because of flight form. Fucking Druid.

Ultratech

I had no idea Xal'atoh whispered! Now I need one.

Yup. It can be hard to tell sometimes if you have sound effects pretty high, and there's no visible indication of it.

Pretty creepy though since it'll tell you stuff like how your friends are useless and holding you back and that you should kill everyone.

TheYanger

Thanks! I just made the big mistake of paying 4k gold for Master rider and now still cant fly in Pandaria.

347.gif

You'll make the gold. Honestly you'd want to end your life having slow flying for long too, so you really need both.

Just use the AH and you can earn a few thousand in a week easily. I highly recommend Auctionator if you're not using it already - makes buying and selling painless as can be.

ampere

You guys make me feel like a terrible person. I got the 100,000 valor achievement unlocked the instant they added it :(

EDit: wow, I almost got the 50k valor in Cata as early as you could possibly get it too. I didn't miss a lot of valor that xpac haha.

My 100k date says 8/28/2012... yea that was probably as soon as the 5.0 prepatch hit. I think I got the 50k achieve pretty late since I had to take a break during 5.1/early 5.2.

TheYanger

My 100k date says 8/28/2012... yea that was probably as soon as the 5.0 prepatch hit. I think I got the 50k achieve pretty late since I had to take a break during 5.1/early 5.2.

Yeah that's the week they added it (Mine is technically a couple days later since I didn't log into my toons instantly but same diff).

Felspawn

How are DPS warriors in WoD? I've never really played a warrior (while i love Plate my love has always gone to Paladins and DKs) but i have to admit playing a prot Warrior on the PTR was a lot of fun. That said i wasn't really feeling Arms and didnt get to try Fury.

Touchdown

Banned
I'm trying to get some ideas for new guild rank names. Mine feel pretty stale at the moment. :/ Any suggestions?

Guild Master
Commander
Officer
Group Leader
Veteran
Time-Out
Recruit

Touchdown

Banned
I just hit 600 prof on a a new toon, Leatherworking and Skinning. Any good advice on what to make and farm to make some gold for WoD?

Leg armors. :) And even when you feel lazy and don't want to skin much, just use your farm for skins and you can sell a couple a day. On my server they go for about 140-160g each.

Wow, I just bought it yesterday and that was an impulse buy with 30k, I just don't feel its that worth it, but I decided fuck it, might as well.

I always try to get the most expensive skills/gear out of the way in most games I play, but this one might come back to haunt me. But since I'm 90 now I can survive on Pandaria, got stuck in a 90 zone when I was 86 and kept getting wrecked.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Thanks! I just made the big mistake of paying 4k gold for Master rider and now still cant fly in Pandaria.

347.gif

Hell don't even bother buying it in pandaria. The only interesting place is Timeless Isle, and you can't fly there anyway. Pandarias days are numbered.

I always try to get the most expensive skills/gear out of the way in most games I play, but this one might come back to haunt me. But since I'm 90 now I can survive on Pandaria, got stuck in a 90 zone when I was 86 and kept getting wrecked.

Reminds me of my first level 90. I was 89 when I entered Dread Wastes and trying to navigate that zone without a flying mount is terrifying.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
can't get enough of the login music

fuck wod login tops even tbc

fuzzyset

Hell don't even bother buying it in pandaria. The only interesting place is Timeless Isle, and you can't fly there anyway. Pandarias days are numbered.

Getting the Loremaster rep / mount is cool. Just fly around for like 20mins and you get a cloud mount. I hope there's something similar for the lore in WoD.

Ultratech

I just hit 600 prof on a a new toon, Leatherworking and Skinning. Any good advice on what to make and farm to make some gold for WoD?

As mentioned, Leg Armor Kits should still be very useful for a while.

More things worth considering are the various Bags and Drums.
(Varies by server.)

The Drums will mostly be for yourself, but here's the relevant ones worth making:
-Drums of Forgotten Kings: Basically a lesser version of the Kings buff, but still useful since one use affects a full party. 50 charges.
-Drums of Speed: Increases Movement Speed of Party by 15% for 30 sec; these are LW usable only, but very useful for quick movement or doing CMs. 50 charges.
-Drums of Rage: Basically a lesser version of Bloodlust usable by anyone. Sadly, they don't work in CMs, but can be used in a lot of other stuff. (Making this gives you 20 Drums; it doesn't have charges.)
-Drums of Panic: Fears up to 5 enemies within 8 yds for 2 seconds. So use it like a mass fear/interrupt. Surprisingly still works on anything susceptible to Fear. LW only. 50 charges.

Most other Drums won't work above level 80, so ignore those.
I'd been using Drums of Speed in CMs, but then I came across Drums of Panic the other day and realized that might work pretty well for a mass interrupt/fear on a 2 minute cooldown.
(Assuming you got enough room where they won't wander into more groups.)
I think they've mostly been forgotten since a lot of other drums from that period don't work anymore for higher-level characters.

Any pet battle enthusiasts here?

Can someone suggest a good rookie pet team for PvE? I want to get the mini celestial pets on Timeless Isle, but I have no idea where to start as far as building a good team (teams?) that'll get me to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom