• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocab

pve:
Ele i think they will be fine simply because you have spirit walkers grace. EARTH QUAKE SUCKS PLEASE GET RID OF IT. Searing totem got buffed zzzz. Hybrid burden still there, but our hybrid off heals sucks ass. Cool. I dunno. I'm probably maining one in wod, and will most likely regret it. I don't like the new echo of the elements. It can proc multiple times, and can see it be a bitch to manage.

Enhance. still fast and furious has a billion buttons has really strong aoe.

Resto. less brain dead. Healing stream totem and healing rain no longer carry.

pvp:

Don't play ele.

I'm not feeling the stat squish. Seeing numbers less than a vanilla raider is down right disgusting.

Wunder

pve:
Ele i think they will be fine simply because you have spirit walkers grace. EARTH QUAKE SUCKS PLEASE GET RID OF IT. Searing totem got buffed zzzz. Hybrid burden still there, but our hybrid off heals sucks ass. Cool. I dunno. I'm probably maining one in wod, and will most likely regret it. I don't like the new echo of the elements. It can proc multiple times, and can see it be a bitch to manage.

pvp:

Don't play ele.

I'm not feeling the stat squish. Seeing numbers less than a vanilla raider is down right disgusting.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Finaj

Byaz2LiIgAAlhOK.jpg:large

The final Lords of War episode is Maraad.

ampere

Hybrid burden still there

Hybrid tax is gone

Numbers are not lower than Vanilla raiding lol. People are doing 10k+ dps at 90, that's more like Tier 8 in Lich King

Any pet battle enthusiasts here?

Can someone suggest a good rookie pet team for PvE? I want to get the mini celestial pets on Timeless Isle, but I have no idea where to start as far as building a good team (teams?) that'll get me to that point.

You have to level a lot of pets for that so be prepared... I have 30 level 25 pets and it's not enough to consistently win it.

These two guides are decent.
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1827/a-pet-battlers-guide-to-defeating-the-celestial-tournament
http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4180-zagams-celestial-tournament-guide/

TheYanger

pve:

pvp:

Don't play ele.

Hyperbole. You are NOT seeing sub-vanilla numbers. DPS numbers in the first tier are already in Wrath levels, and health pools are damn near Cata level.

Edit: Beaten! damn you Ciaossu

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I'm trying to get some ideas for new guild rank names. Mine feel pretty stale at the moment. :/ Any suggestions?

Guild Master
Commander
Officer
Group Leader
Veteran
Time-Out
Recruit

This might be a little late but what is your guild name?

I'll give you a list to correspond to each if I can muster enough creativity.

Dresden

Fuck earthquake. :( Getting the cooldown taken off chain lightning was like peak ele enjoyment factor, but they keep trying to shove EQ down our throats.

Second was lava gibbing in Lich King but that's been dead for a long time.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Fuck earthquake. :( Getting the cooldown taken off chain lightning was like peak ele enjoyment factor, but they keep trying to shove EQ down our throats.

Yeah, pretty annoyed that they're trying to make EQ a thing. :(

Been a Lock since vanilla, a little worried about some of the WoD changes. I don't care about the Lock's relative damage to other classes, nerfs come and nerfs go and all classes have been up and down. I'm worried about taking away some of the neat utility in the name of streamlining play -- streamline combat, sure, but leave cool things like soulburn'd water walking and stuff like that. Also worried about the trend to get rid of ranged caster mobility -- it is one of my favorite things about playing an Affliction Lock. I haven't checked out beta, however, so hopefully my fears that the class will feel different to play are unfounded.

Wunder

but but farseers and shamans ;_:

I fucking hated the Farseer ultimate

vocab

Im not talking about total dps. I'm talking about damage that shows up in double digits. I'm just not feeling it.'

The health is there, the total dps is there, but some skills and damage hit like a wet fish. I don't like it.

Cels

i play hearthstone a lot and use the bnet client, noticed today i randomly got pandaria for free. never got an email about it either, which is weird.

haven't played in three and a half years, and i haven't been a paying subscriber in over five.

TheYanger

Im not talking about total dps. I'm talking about damage that shows up in double digits. I'm just not feeling it.'

The health is there, the total dps is there, but some skills and damage hit like a wet fish. I don't like it.

It's not just 'dps' as a metric though, dps is just a measure of your individual hits - those are wrath levels too. I mean it's not hard in even quest greens to hit 5 digit damage values on any class. You're acting as though people are hitting for 90 or something. Before the expansion is done the numbers won't even be that small still at the rate it's going, I wouldn't be shocked at things nearing 75-100k top end hits again.

Slayerx

i play hearthstone a lot and use the bnet client, noticed today i randomly got pandaria for free. never got an email about it either, which is weird.

haven't played in three and a half years, and i haven't been a paying subscriber in over five.

It's a trap.

Anyone got any recommendations on which dungeons are easy to solo on heroic for good looking transmorg gear (paladin) or mount drops. I'm not that experienced in soloing but kind of need to farm gold since I lost that much on the riding skill.

fuzzyset

Anyone got any recommendations on which dungeons are easy to solo on heroic for good looking transmorg gear (paladin) or mount drops. I'm not that experienced in soloing but kind of need to farm gold since I lost that much on the riding skill.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/transmogrification-paladin-plate-sets-guide Go nuts :)

What's your gear level? On my Warlock in ~540 gear, I can steam through Grim Batol normal mode pretty quickly (it has tons of mobs). I disenchant all the greens and sell the Hypnotic Dust which still goes for quite a bit on my server. Also sell the Embersilk which gives decent returns. When I leveled enchanting on my Priest, the Burning Crusade green dust was selling for a lot so I farmed those dungeons. Check your AH for each tier of cloth and stuff like that. My buddy just sold some silk so like 10g a piece on our server. The AH can be weird.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4177-protection-paladin-soloing-guide/

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/transmogrification-paladin-plate-sets-guide Go nuts :)

What's your gear level? On my Warlock in ~540 gear, I can steam through Grim Batol normal mode pretty quickly (it has tons of mobs). I disenchant all the greens and sell the Hypnotic Dust which still goes for quite a bit on my server. Also sell the Embersilk which gives decent returns. When I leveled enchanting on my Priest, the Burning Crusade green dust was selling for a lot so I farmed those dungeons. Check your AH for each tier of cloth and stuff like that. My buddy just sold some silk so like 10g a piece on our server. The AH can be weird.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4177-protection-paladin-soloing-guide/

My gear lvl at the moment is 448, ret paladin. Thanks for the link!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Improved Chain Lightning is why I'm sticking with Enhancement for WOD.

Fuck that. That's the most lazy, arbitrary passive I've ever seen.

Felspawn

So my DK got all 20 Secrets of the empire, i went and opened up IoT, did the forge scenario with Wrathion and stuck the World Boss with the spear. Now i'm working on Titan Runes (got 1 so far). After the titan runes is the worst of this over? or are there still more grinds to do?

Diodiablo

Banned
So my DK got all 20 Secrets of the empire, i went and opened up IoT, did the forge scenario with Wrathion and stuck the World Boss with the spear. Now i'm working on Titan Runes (got 1 so far). After the titan runes is the worst of this over? or are there still more grinds to do?
After that you have to do the Trials of the Celestials for the epic back, then you have to grind 5000 Timeless Coins and fight all 4 the Celestials in the Timeless Isle.

You can do it in an afternoon.

Helloween

Get 5k coins and thats pretty much all thats left :D

oops, answered above. Soz!

M.D

So how hard is it to get started in PvP and earn honor points? I was never interested in it before, but my item progression is dependent on our weekly guild raid and looking at PvP gear some of it can definitely will give me an upgrade until I can replace that piece with one I got from a raid

Enosh

Yeah, pretty annoyed that they're trying to make EQ a thing. :(
agree, pressing CL is a one button aoe rotation that if it was any other class or spell would make you want to kill yourself, but because you shoot a shit load of lighting and you look like a sith lord it's fucking amazing, so blizz

stop trying to make fetch EQ happen

vocab

EQ should either be a drop and forget spell like RoF, or it should be a 60 min cooldown where you just blow every thing up in a glorious spectacle and split the floor beneath your enemies and they just get one shotted. Anything else is a waste of time.

Ultratech

:(

Looks like bad karma is kicking in again...

Had pitiful luck with CM groups the last few nights.

Tried to do Scholo the other night, but people kept dying to Boneweavers after the 2nd boss and eventually ragequit.

Then tried to do Gate earlier tonight, but people kept leaving and disconnecting, and it took forever to find people.

(Edit: Spoke too soon; managed to get Gate and Scarlet Halls Gold. 4/9 Gold now. Wooo!)

ampere

:(

Looks like bad karma is kicking in again...

Had pitiful luck with CM groups the last few nights.

Tried to do Scholo the other night, but people kept dying to Boneweavers after the 2nd boss and eventually ragequit.

Then tried to do Gate earlier tonight, but people kept leaving and disconnecting, and it took forever to find people.

(Edit: Spoke too soon; managed to get Gate and Scarlet Halls Gold. 4/9 Gold now. Wooo!)

I joined a Scholo pug tonight on my Mage and it took us 2 hours... FML.

If I'm tanking I can join a pug and tear it up... but dealing with pug tanks sucks. Not to mention this toon is Alliance and my main is Horde so I can't even bug guildies to help.

Trying to say I feel your pain lol.

JSoup

Banned
Yep, Mines = piss easy, Temple omfg....

My experience has been different.
Mines is always hard as piss, cause all people know is "lol dps", no team work.
Temple is always a win, cause it's set up to accommodate one guy knowing his shit and everyone else just "lol dps".

Ultratech

I joined a Scholo pug tonight on my Mage and it took us 2 hours... FML.

If I'm tanking I can join a pug and tear it up... but dealing with pug tanks sucks. Not to mention this toon is Alliance and my main is Horde so I can't even bug guildies to help.

Trying to say I feel your pain lol.

Yeah, it took us forever to get Gate done.

Not because we sucked, but because we'd get somebody, do like 2-3 pulls and then they'd leave.

Then we ended up waiting forever on Heals after our Healer dropped off the face of the earth.

Luckily, they managed to find a really good Disc Priest and we got it down in about two tries.

Scarlet Halls was a lot quicker and despite almost wiping before the Invis part, we still managed to get Gold with about 50 seconds left.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Thanks to R-a-F (Recruit a Friend) EXP bonus, I managed to get from Level 27 to level 38 in about 2 and a half hours.

Now that I'm able to have a second spec, I'd like to know what's the best one I should choose for my paladin? I already chose Retribution spec a while ago, but I'd like to know whether I'm better off with Holy or Protection as my second talent spec

Tamanon

Banned
Thanks to R-a-F (Recruit a Friend) EXP bonus, I managed to get from Level 27 to level 38 in about 2 and a half hours.

Now that I'm able to have a second spec, I'd like to know what's the best one I should choose for my paladin? I already chose Retribution spec a while ago, but I'd like to know whether I'm better off with Holy or Protection as my second talent spec

Either one is good, depending on what you want to do. Tanking on a pally is super easy compared to the other tanks, Plus prot is actually great at soloing until level 80 or so.

Ultratech

5/9 Gold now.

Got Scholomance done with a random group I put together in oqueue.

Took a while to find a tank/heals, but it was worth it.

Had a WW Monk who was kinda sloppy on our first try, but he was a lot better on the 2nd run and we managed to get it done in two tries (not bad considering I wasn't asking for 9/9).

With Scholo done, got all Silvers now and a nice bird for my efforts:

Just gotta get Gold now on ToJS, MSP, SSB, and SM.

Magnus

Color me SUPER unimpressed with Blizzard's 'generous offer' to handle prospective CE retail buyers (i.e. pretty much their most devoted and loyal customers) who want to preorder the game digitally now and take advantage of the level 90 boost earlier.

Long and short of it is, they're not reimbursing you with game time, or with the cost of the game. They're just giving you back the standard digital code so that you can 'gift' it to a friend (or presumably sell it).

You still need to buy two copies of the (already overpriced) expansion.

What in the actual fuck.

I suppose it's better than nothing at all, but it winds up coming across as a slap in the face. Fuck that.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15...the-collector’s-edition-later-9-18-2014

The vitriol in the comments on that blog post are real and deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom