• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Hawk

Banned
The vanilla spells/talents action bar is underwhelming for me and I feel it's holding me back from doing other spells (Clicking the arrow at the end of the action bar during combat doesn't seem like a good idea for me).

Is there any good action bar UI add-ons that I should use for my Paladin?

TheYanger

The vanilla spells/talents action bar is underwhelming for me and I feel it's holding me back from doing other spells.

Is there any good actionbar UI add-ons that I should use for my Paladin?

Bartender, will take some minor setup but you can make it look damn near however you want, basically the standard. Dominos might still be a thing, it's basically the same.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Bartender, will take some minor setup but you can make it look damn near however you want, basically the standard. Dominos might still be a thing, it's basically the same.

Is there any good video for Bartender mod? I'd like to see it in action before I decide to add it in the game.

The vanilla spells/talents action bar is underwhelming for me and I feel it's holding me back from doing other spells (Clicking the arrow at the end of the action bar during combat doesn't seem like a good idea for me).

Why don't you simply activate the others action bar from the interface menu?

Karl Hawk

Banned
Why don't you simply activate the others action bar from the interface menu?

I saw a video of how extra action bars looked like. And to be honest, I'd like to have an add-on that gives me the option to customize my action bars completely over that.

I'll ask again, is there any good screenshots/videos for Bartender add-on? I'd like to know whether Bartender or Moveanything are good add-ons for me.

TheYanger

Um, well the curse pages for addons typically have a screenshot or two, but it's not like it's hard to just remove it if you don't like it either.
I can show you my UI, but since the positions and layouts and stuff are up to what you prefer it's not going to look anything like what yours probably would heh. Otherwise it's just buttons. You set how much space you want between them, how large you want them, which direction they should grow as a bar (up, down, left, right, rows, columns, etc). You can change the bevels and stuff too, make them circular, whatever.
b415JrX.jpg
My bars are in the bottom right - the big block is what I use for my actual hotkeys, and the other ones on the right are just where I dump tradeskills and crap I can click on. Again, you could arrange any of it however you wanted, I just kind of like the block of buttons.

Moveanything doesn't even have anything to look at, it's just a checklist of all of the frames in the game, and you check a frame off, move it, and uncheck it again. I would only use it if you have a specific need (For example, I use it for ONE SINGLE thing that blizz won't let mods modify anymore, the totem timer, which happens to also control my ghoul summon), most anything else you want a more fully featured mod for.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Well, I don't know how bartender will look like for me once I add it in, but that answers my questions about the addon and that's good enough for me.

Corsick

I just hit 90 tonight, and now I don't know what to do. There's still so many ways to get gear that I'm now having a crisis as to which specs I should stick with. I was thinking ret for raiding/soloing and holy for pvp. I do know that I want to get a nimbus cloud mount, no matter what.

Ultratech

Well, I don't know how bartender will look like for me once I add it in, but that answers my questions about the addon and that's good enough for me.

If you have just normal bars, you'll prolly have a stack of bars or so.

You'll have to go in and modify the settings a bit so you can get it set up good.

The way I have mine set up are three full bars stacked at the bottom and then two bars on the right side.

These are some sweet orc clan transmog sets

I want that plate set so badly.

Cloth set doesn't look too bad either.

Anyone got any glyph ideas for a resto shaman? The ones I've looked at all seem to have a catch. Like riptide losing its CD, but it heals less. I'll take the CD. Chain heal has a similar catch

Karl Hawk

Banned
@Ultratech: Your action bars setup looks more clean (No offense, TheYanger) and roughly what I'm aiming for. I should enable some extra bars before adding Bartender addon.

ampere

SSB was the hardest one imo, that barrel room can't be slow rolled, you have to kite the whole room, snare, and kill them all while smashing barrels into them. It's not an easy pull.

Yeah, that was one of the things we had a lot of trouble on.

Mostly because either the tank would die due to too much damage (or random barrel spawns), or other messes.

Had one run where we cleared it super quick due to good barrel spawns.
It's just really random from what I noticed.

Pfft, best way to do that room is use the Battle Horn and face tanks the monkeys with high vengeance :p. Much more fun that way

This reminds me, something I had wanted to ask you. From your old CM videos you sometimes had like 3 or 4 Blood Boil icons, probably macros of some sort. Just curious, what did the macros do? Always wondered about that.

Cosmos yo.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So close on a Garrosh kill last night, but I was like barely a second too soon taking the Iron Star into Garrosh :((((

Cuz all the cool kids are doing it:

I have a sidebar that I have faded unless I mouse over it. It has professions, mount keys, etc.

ampere

Not surprised that is written by "Red Shirt Guy". Pretty interesting

We did this and you're still at the mercy of the RNG gods, the larger monkeys do a knockback that can send your tank into a barrel, for example.

To get around that you can either kill the monkeys in that first room before going on, or use another Battle Horn in there to "kill" the little elementals which imbue their attacks with fire.

I really need to record videos when I do stuff so I can reference them. Whenever I use fraps my fps goes down into the 20s though... not sure if there is a more efficient recording program or if I just need a much better video card to handle stable recording.

Wunder

Did they change the loot chance for it? I remember having like 6 or 7 of 'em when it was first introduced, or the year after or something

Karl Hawk

Banned
Been playing Eastern Plaguelands since I got to 40 (I unlocked Plate armor feature for my pallie, woo!). Currently level 41, and I can say I didn't like so far.

Maybe it's because I've been mostly quests and not do some instanced dungeons from time to time like I should. All in all, the road to 60 shouldn't be far now. ;)

Felspawn

Started playing my Druid who has been sitting on the bench since early cataclysm.... specifically i wanted to try healing on him (vs on a paladin which i cant stand to do). Very impressed with druid healing.

I also tried bear tanking which seems effective if a little dull. we'll see if he holds my interest until 90

Wunder

Been playing Eastern Plaguelands since I got to 40 (I unlocked Plate armor feature for my pallie, woo!). Currently level 41, and I can say I didn't like so far.

Maybe it's because I've been mostly quests and not do some instanced dungeons from time to time like I should. All in all, the road to 60 shouldn't be far now. ;)

That's a shame, the questing from 20-50 is some of the best work Blizz have done in terms of quests/zone cohesion in my opinion. EPL is a fantastic zone and travelling with Fiona was great, although I wish the buffs each member conferred were actually useful rather than flavor and mini-buffs, but whatever. Grats on unlocking plate, the best looking armor in the game!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Does Brewmaster tanking get more fun at the level cap? I'm 43 now, but I really dislike tanking with him compared to Paladin and DK. His AoE is abysmal, and I feel like I'm just waiting on the Keg Smash cooldown to expire half the time.

StMeph

My to-do list before 6.0:
- finish Brawler's Guild (on Nibbler as a DK)

My to-do list before WoD:
- get Baron's deathcharger
- get Gorehowl from Kara
- complete Normal SoO once, get a Normal heirloom (have a Flex)

Karl Hawk

Banned
That's a shame, the questing from 20-50 is some of the best work Blizz have done in terms of quests/zone cohesion in my opinion. EPL is a fantastic zone and travelling with Fiona was great, although I wish the buffs each member conferred were actually useful rather than flavor and mini-buffs, but whatever. Grats on unlocking plate, the best looking armor in the game!

I still have stuff to do in EPL. Who knows, I may change my mind about it and like the zone after all. :D

And you just reminded me of Fiona. I should give her a try if I feel like it.

Jag

Just came back for some pre-6/WoD preparation after a long break. I'm sitting at 552 on my main which wasn't bad when I left, but too low to get in a 10/25 Garry kill apparently.

Any suggestions on what to buy with Justice Points in the next week or so? I have about 2-4k per toon on about 6-7 toons. I think the only thing I really can use is Heirlooms which I don't need right now, but I guess I can save the cash. Anything else worth JP before it goes away?

Also, Honor isn't changing right?

vocab

Does Brewmaster tanking get more fun at the level cap? I'm 43 now, but I really dislike tanking with him compared to Paladin and DK. His AoE is abysmal, and I feel like I'm just waiting on the Keg Smash cooldown to expire half the time.
Yes it does. You have jab to generate chi as well. Spinning crane kick yo.

TheYanger

@Ultratech: Your action bars setup looks more clean (No offense, TheYanger) and roughly what I'm aiming for. I should enable some extra bars before adding Bartender addon.
No offense taken, Mine are not very standard :) but that was really my point, it's not going to change your life or anything, but it's just buttons with no fluff that you put wherever you want. you can see how some people have different button spacing, sizes, Entropia has like an 'edge' around his, etc.
This reminds me, something I had wanted to ask you. From your old CM videos you sometimes had like 3 or 4 Blood Boil icons, probably macros of some sort. Just curious, what did the macros do? Always wondered about that.

I had to go back and look, there are 2 ;) I laugh at you asking this since it makes it sound like I'm all badass with awesome macros.

There were just 2 blood boils because when they added Rolling Blood I just stuck another Blood Boil where Pestilence went to train myself not to hit it anymore. I never bothered to remove it until I had another button I wanted to put there. It's just training wheels for an old man :) The only intentionally redundant button I have is like 2-3 versions of Pillar of Frost for various situations.

Entropia

No One Remembers
My Pre-WoD To-Do list:
- Brawler's Guild Stuff
-- The Deck Your Collection achivements
- Pet Battle stuff
-- Finish the "Raiding With Leashes I/II" achieves.
-- Get some of the leveling achievements.
-- Finish beating all the trainers so I can get the Safari Hat
- PvP
-- Finish Master of Warsong Gulch (8 wins away!)
- PvE
-- Kill H Garrosh. Feeling a kill tomorrow night!

fuzzyset

I'm currently leveling a Monk to 60 and I'm gonna use my boost to 90 on him, but I'm trying to decide what professions to take. I mostly just want to make gold. What professions would you guys recommend for that? I've been away from the game for a few years, so I'm not sure what the market wants right now, or what will be good in WoD.

I really like enchanting because as you gear up you'll be replacing lots of stuff (lots of epics from LFR, PVP, etc). Rather than vendering them, simplying disenchanting them can net you a lot of gold. On Tichondrius when I leveled enchanting in April-ish, I was able to sell Sha Crystals (the guaranteed purple crystal from epics) for ~200g each. Now with boosted enchanters and end of xpac, they sell <100g, but still better than vendering them. It also takes 0 extra effort, which I like. I work for real money, I don't also want to work for fake money.

Keep in mind that WoD professions are gonna screw everything up (garrison Enchanting building can disenchant stuff), so who knows how the economy will play out.

ampere

Brewmasters are the tank kings of AoE dps

And it's very fun. The video above isn't me, I'm the tank in this one. Not nearly as good as Method's players and I made a lot of mistakes in the run lol.

Things might be a little different in WoD with no Vengeance, but we'll still be great. Chi Explosion at 4 Chi + Rushing Jade Wind for maximum AoE, and Serenity for maximum damage reduction through more frequent purifies.

ampere

I had to go back and look, there are 2 ;) I laugh at you asking this since it makes it sound like I'm all badass with awesome macros.

There were just 2 blood boils because when they added Rolling Blood I just stuck another Blood Boil where Pestilence went to train myself not to hit it anymore. I never bothered to remove it until I had another button I wanted to put there. It's just training wheels for an old man :) The only intentionally redundant button I have is like 2-3 versions of Pillar of Frost for various situations.

Haha, makes sense. You'll have another reason to do that again in 6.0 with no more Heart Strike, which still feels weird on my Blood DK.

Have they announced when the pre patch is coming yet?

I think it's very likely that tomorrow will be the 'upcoming end of season' PvP announcement and the patch will be 2 weeks later on October 14th.

fuzzyset

Have they announced when the pre patch is coming yet?

Apparently they *always* give 2 weeks notice when the PVP season is ending. There are many posts on Battle.net about "last chance" for Brawlers Guild, Challenge Mode, etc, but nothing about the PVP season ending, so it seems we're still at least 2 weeks out.

M.D

I've been thinking of doing this for a while, but I don't know how effective this will be

My item progression (balance druid) is tied to my guild doing normal raids and hoping for a lucky drop from Celestials every week

I thought maybe I should start getting tank gear and learn how to play guardian (I'm leveling a blood dk and want to learn how to tank anyway), and then I can get invited more easily to thing other than flex but loot for balance (which is what I want to play on my druid)

I imagine I could get some flex and timeless gear for guardian pretty fast, but I don't know what's the usual level people require for a tank on normal SoO which is what I'm aiming for

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Apparently they *always* give 2 weeks notice when the PVP season is ending. There are many posts on Battle.net about "last chance" for Brawlers Guild, Challenge Mode, etc, but nothing about the PVP season ending, so it seems we're still at least 2 weeks out.

Some people are speculating that they aren't going to do it this time, since you can't really tank rating or mess it up spectacularly like you used to be able to by quitting your team.

I'm guessing it doesn't matter, I've been reading some stuff from MMO-Champ and it still seems like the 13th of Oct or even the 20th.

Talkin about the UI's though, mine has been messy almost all of MoP since I got the Naga and started PVPing, once WoD hits and they remove a lot of abilities I was thinking about grabbing one of those pre-built UIs like ElvUI or something, but I found this cool piece of artwork on reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpVCs1rfdsg

It goes with how I've done my bars for a while now, but I think I may still grab one of those total overhaul 'packs' just because I want something that doesn't look so...messy and barren.

Kraftwerk

Two bits of disappointing news, at least for me.

Firstly, they had said in Blizzcon that everything you are able to solo now, wlil be soloable after patch 6.00 and in WoD. But now they made a post saying that they have made no promises, and some things could actually get harder. This is in response to some people saying how bosses in wrath and cata that are easily soloable currently, are one shotting them.

And secondly, after hyping Brawlers Guilds season 2 so much by constantly sayin to do them fo achievements and removal of items, and now they just said that there are no new bosses or challenge cards. Just a reshuffling of the currents ones.

Seriously. Blizzard has been really getting lazy over the years.

fuzzyset

Two bits of disappointing news, at least for me.

Firstly, they had said in Blizzcon that everything you are able to solo now, wlil be soloable after patch 6.00 and in WoD. But now they made a post saying that they have made no promises, and some things could actually get harder. This is in response to some people saying how bosses in wrath and cata that are easily soloable currently, are one shotting them.

And secondly, after hyping Brawlers Guilds season 2 so much by constantly sayin to do them fo achievements and removal of items, and now they just said that there are no new bosses or challenge cards. Just a reshuffling of the currents ones.

Seriously. Blizzard has been really getting lazy over the years.

I think the solo-ing thing is expected. The huge gains you got from TBC>Wrath>Cata>Mists is no longer there. Everything from 1-90 is linear now. You're gonna need to level to 100 to see the big damage gains. This is assuming the one shotting is happening on 90 toons, not 100. There's also a big thread on the WoW forums dedicated to addressing certain boss mechanics that may not have scaled well, so hopefully it get resolved.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haven't tried since beta, but you still can't solo Yogg unless you're a pet class. Not only do you still get grabbed by tentacles, but the game will hard crash on first pull when Sara pulls Yogg up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom