• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felspawn

On that topic, anyone else bothered by the amount of stuff blizz is removing? I don't recall so many things being taken away before when a new expansion starts.

I think its just Blizzards way of rewarding people that did that content with it was current. Its not like its unknown, blizz removed the war bears from ZA among other things. They dont want people to just farm all this stuff afterwards

I get that, but I think the stuff like the cutting edge achievements and feats of strength should serve as enough of a status. I don't see why removing something makes those things better. I have the scorpion from heroic garrosh. I'm not going to be mad if someone else has it. I don't see why people farming something would be a big deal to blizz when they put in a quest line for a legendary cloak that a TON of people have. It seems odd to do that and then go "Oh, btw, we're removing a ton of stuff... you know, reasons."

One of the reasons I've been thinking about this is (and this is anecdotal) the main people crying about things being exclusive are people that don't play super hardcore. I have friends in guilds that have been murdering garrosh on heroic, on the regular, and none of them think this stuff should be removed. The only people that seem to be pro removal of anything are the ones who struggled through getting something. I look at it in a similar manner as when I go into LFR and see people talking about DPS meters. When I raid with my friends when my guild is active, DPS never comes up. When I've raided with my buddy's who are super hardcore, dps never comes up. Yet in LFR you'll always see that one guy who blames the healers, blames the tank, but then stands still and hits the wrong thing the whole fight. If there's a wipe then meters come out and people are like "OMFG SO AND SO ISN'T DOING 3,000,000 DPS THIS GROUP SUCKS" when he was the asshole who stood in the fire and died 20 seconds into the encounter.

Now granted, it's easier to be a shit bag to a bunch of strangers, but it seems to me that at the core of all of this, the most vocal crowd that leads the rallying cry of bitching to blizzard are the folks that aren't really doing much of the content that's being removed. They're also the same folks shitting up LFR and other things because they have to inflate their e-peen. So why is blizzard listening to them? They'll be the same people to chew through content and then say blizzard sucks. Just look at the titan cancellation thread. The hyperbole was astounding.

I dunno, it seems like the net for the most part is relatively toxic these days and that extends into stuff like wow, a lot of forums, and gaming in general.

Felspawn

oh i agree with you, hell one of my favorite pastimes in wow is revisiting old content for stuff i might have missed the first time around, or transmog gear for that didnt go there at the time.

StMeph

Turned out I need Secrets of the Empire before getting the Titan Runestone, guess I read the wrong part of the guide

So this thing drops from all the bosses in ToT and the first 8 of SoO

Let's say I get some of them next week and turn them in and start the quest where I need Titan Runestone, can it drop from the same bosses who dropped Secret of the Empire that week?

This s going to take at least 2 weeks if not 3

You can't get Secrets and Runestones from the same boss in a single week. The only repeatable part is getting the Heart of Lei Shen, which you can do in the same week that you complete the step prior to it.

I don't know what it's like with the Black Prince buff, but it should be okay. 3 weeks for Secrets and 2 weeks for Runestones and 1 week leeway to split.

ampere

I think its just Blizzards way of rewarding people that did that content with it was current. Its not like its unknown, blizz removed the war bears from ZA among other things. They dont want people to just farm all this stuff afterwards

Yeah that's all this is, Blizzard wants to encourage raiding content while it's current, so there is stuff that is exclusive to that.

They aren't removing everything and there's still a ton of content to go back and do and new content. It'd be crazy to remove everything, but they don't need to leave everything either.

Bottom line is if you are a 100% completionist you have to do current content

Not sure if I'm going to rush and try and get the cloak on my warrior. I feel like i really should since him and my DK will be my mains in WoD. I'm at the valor part, so no sense in trying to go further since it will be removed. I'm thinking I'll just wait for the patch to drop and hope I can get it in three weeks.

On that topic, anyone else bothered by the amount of stuff blizz is removing? I don't recall so many things being taken away before when a new expansion starts.

Is there a concise list of all the things being removed?

1up

Check out this Wowhead article. Probably not super concise but should give you a good enough idea.; http://wod.wowhead.com/news=243432/guide-to-whats-coming-in-the-warlords-of-draenor-6-0-2-prepatch

Question about the Toybox: Am I SoL if I've deleted a bunch of those lame quest rewards that MoP quests awarded???

You can just get them again on an alt. That's what I did.

Anyone else notice a lot more people playing right now? I was farming TLPD recently and now we got 2-3 people stacking on one spawn point.

RPGCrazied

So 6.0 on the 14th huh? Sure wish it was the 7th though. Really want those new models, although most of my toons are blood elf males, so it doesn't affect me much, lol.

I do also have a night elf male, undead male, worgen male, goblin male and a pandaren male.

I dunno. There's a decent chance I WON'T get a scorpion, at least until after 6.0. I'd be a little miffed, but not completely upset if I didn't get one at all since I have a couple other cool mounts to run around on (Spectral, ZG tigers). Only reason I'd be annoyed mostly is cause fuck farming SoO all again when it's a 1% drop. Certainly not soloable for another expansion or two.

Otherwise I should be able to finish my lock CM set and having two 9/9 CMs is perhaps less than I'd like, but good enough. If I can get any more at this point then that's just bonus.

Yeah that's all this is, Blizzard wants to encourage raiding content while it's current, so there is stuff that is exclusive to that.

They aren't removing everything and there's still a ton of content to go back and do and new content. It'd be crazy to remove everything, but they don't need to leave everything either.

Bottom line is if you are a 100% completionist you have to do current content

And I get that, but I feel like taking away stuff is still a bit ridiculous. The one thing I have no issue with is challenge modes, because of the type of tuning needed. They'd have to revamp the current content for the 6.0 changes and that's probably just a waste of resources, so I get that. I also don't have an issue with them making the scorpion from Garrosh a 1% drop, at least it's there. But taking away the cloak quest from people who are on it is just an asshole thing to do, and that's what I have the biggest issue with, especially since they've gone on an email blitz to get people back into the game and specifically have been advertising the legendary. Don't do all that then pull the rug out from under people.

In general I've had an issue with how blizzard has been handling things in regards to it's customers for a while so this is just another extension of that. It feels uneccesary to take some of the stuff away, and I'm saying that as a person who has a good chunk of the things they're removing. I have 6 sets of challenge mode armor, going for my 7th tonight. I've killed normal and heroic garrosh (no heirlooms though, god damnit), I've got three cloaks, etc. I just think removing some of this stuff is stupid and I don't see the logic behind most of it, especially removal of the cloak quest for people who could damn near be at the end. It's a dick maneuver.

TheYanger

And I get that, but I feel like taking away stuff is still a bit ridiculous. The one thing I have no issue with is challenge modes, because of the type of tuning needed. They'd have to revamp the current content for the 6.0 changes and that's probably just a waste of resources, so I get that. I also don't have an issue with them making the scorpion from Garrosh a 1% drop, at least it's there. But taking away the cloak quest from people who are on it is just an asshole thing to do, and that's what I have the biggest issue with, especially since they've gone on an email blitz to get people back into the game and specifically have been advertising the legendary. Don't do all that then pull the rug out from under people.

In general I've had an issue with how blizzard has been handling things in regards to it's customers for a while so this is just another extension of that. It feels uneccesary to take some of the stuff away, and I'm saying that as a person who has a good chunk of the things they're removing. I have 6 sets of challenge mode armor, going for my 7th tonight. I've killed normal and heroic garrosh (no heirlooms though, god damnit), I've got three cloaks, etc. I just think removing some of this stuff is stupid and I don't see the logic behind most of it, especially removal of the cloak quest for people who could damn near be at the end. It's a dick maneuver.

It is impossible to be 'near the end' and not finish your cloak before it gets removed. You could start your cloak TODAY and finish before they're gone. People complained that the legendary didn't mean anything because of how easy it was to get for so long, this is a way to make it actually mean something. I would rather see them just remove the money from the treasure trove run, since it's still super neat, that one sticks out like a sore thumb to me. The other stuff? Not so much. I don't consider removing a questline to really be removing content, they remove quests all the time.

It is impossible to be 'near the end' and not finish your cloak before it gets removed. You could start your cloak TODAY and finish before they're gone. People complained that the legendary didn't mean anything because of how easy it was to get for so long, this is a way to make it actually mean something. I would rather see them just remove the money from the treasure trove run, since it's still super neat, that one sticks out like a sore thumb to me. The other stuff? Not so much. I don't consider removing a questline to really be removing content, they remove quests all the time.

I think removing questlines is dumb, I thought removing class quests was dumb, but that's just me.

Also, I don't think you could start today and be done before WoD. If we assume the patch drops on the 14th, that gives you 4 weeks from start to finish. If you're on the valor part then maybe, but I think anything before that and you won't make it. Which leads into something else; If they said "After october 2nd, you can't get the quest anymore" I would be cool with that but that's not what they're doing. They're saying that even if you're on your 11th secret, and 11/13/14 rolls around, the quest is removed and gone. I think that's colossally stupid.

And just to be clear, my understanding is that if you're on the cloak quest now, and WoD launches, the quest and it's items are removed and you're SoL. I think that's BULLSHIT. If they let people who were on the quest try and finish it, then that would be fine. But to remove what someone has worked towards is stupid and it's stupid by design.

Jag

I'm currently at 554 and capped at Valor this week, so no way to get my gear score higher this week. I wanted to get AOTC before 6.0 to make getting an heirloom group easier. The AOTC mount would have been nice, but I don't care as much about it.

I'm hoping that the new normal flex groups that it won't be as hard to get in for a Garrosh kill for heirlooms but I'm concerned the stat changes may make facerolling Garrosh even harder post 6.

I'm currently at 554 and capped at Valor this week, so no way to get my gear score higher this week. I wanted to get AOTC before 6.0 to make getting an heirloom group easier. The AOTC mount would have been nice, but I don't care as much about it.

I'm hoping that the new normal flex groups that it won't be as hard to get in for a Garrosh kill for heirlooms but I'm concerned the stat changes may make facerolling Garrosh even harder post 6.

I hadn't thought about that. I'm 570, and some other guys are around 545 to 550. I'd be happy with a flex weapon honestly.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Okay, I'm at Thousand Needles, in the Great Lift. Considering how the zone itself is designed, which route should I take to get to Un'Goro Crater?

And before you ask, I'm at level 49 (Nearing 50)

Mitch

Banned
Anyone know of stores participating in a midnight launch for WoD? The GameStop I've gone to for the past two expansions is telling my friends and I they probably won't have one. I'd rather not buy the digital version as well as the CE.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Just reached level 50. And currently questing around in Un'Goro Crater.

I can almost see level 60. Not too long until I get to it and get the boost from WoD lol.

*Shit-eating grin*

Minion101

Banned
Just reached level 50. And currently questing around in Un'Goro Crater.

I can almost see level 60. Not too long until I get to it and get the boost from WoD lol.

*Shit-eating grin*
There is a hilarious quest line there near the end. Might have been the most I've laughed at this game.

M.D

They drop from the first 2 wings of ToT and SoO. If those bosses have already been killed, you can't get the Runestones the same week.

You can't get Secrets and Runestones from the same boss in a single week. The only repeatable part is getting the Heart of Lei Shen, which you can do in the same week that you complete the step prior to it.

I don't know what it's like with the Black Prince buff, but it should be okay. 3 weeks for Secrets and 2 weeks for Runestones and 1 week leeway to split.

This thing is taking so long :(

By the time I get it WoD will probably be very close

I have a question for you guys - I'm on a PvP serve and get attacked on timeless very often

The thing is that these people always do a ton of damage to me, and I barely do any damage to them, and it doesn't matter what class is it
I'm not talking about people that are clearly way ahead of me on items but people that are lower ilvl or about the same as me

If I had to guess it's that most of these people have PvP gear gear, but just now some druid attacked me - he had 414k hp compared my 585k
He barely did any damage to me, but I didn't do that much damage to him either

Is there something I'm missing about how world PvP works?

I

lawwwd finally rogue done. Onwards to my huntard

S4usbiS.jpg

Fuck SSB

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's a lot of 90s.

Hunter is one of the easiest to do CMs with. Probably just behind Ele Shaman and Warlock/. I also have never had an issue with SSB. It's always buggy ass SM & SH that give me issues. SH being entirely based on how buggy it is.

Just finished the quests in Badlands for the first time. Can't say enough of how well Blizzard revamped most low level zones in 4.0. Do we ever learn what happened to the Black Dragonflight egg?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just finished the quests in Badlands for the first time. Can't say enough of how well Blizzard revamped most low level zones in 4.0. Do we ever learn what happened to the Black Dragonflight egg?

I'm pretty sure that egg ends up being Wrathion.

Anyone else get that "Transfer aborted : Instance not found" error when trying to load a dungeon/raid or continent? Shit been happening too often tonight, i just wasted a Hearthstone cooldown for nothing, as i got sent back to my original place instead of the innkeeper... =/

vocab

I have a question for you guys - I'm on a PvP serve and get attacked on timeless very often

The thing is that these people always do a ton of damage to me, and I barely do any damage to them, and it doesn't matter what class is it
I'm not talking about people that are clearly way ahead of me on items but people that are lower ilvl or about the same as me

If I had to guess it's that most of these people have PvP gear gear, but just now some druid attacked me - he had 414k hp compared my 585k

I
PvP power/resilience is one of the reasons world PvP sucks ass. There's a baseline resilience in world PvP.

ch0mp

I

Base resilience is 80% so all of your damage is reduced by that much. Without pvp power/heroic upgraded gear you won't do much damage.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
They are a joke. You don't even have to do much as a lock except to remember to dismiss your pet when needed and use your aoe stun. Tough stuff.

Pft, Soul link+grimoire of sacrifice is much better anyway, since your fire and brimstone is so much stronger with it. Warlock isn't a pet class anymore. =p

Man I remember when Thorium Brotherhood rep was a massive grind. Now I hit revered just from quests in Searing Gorge and that's without the 10% guild perk.

Diodiablo

Banned
If you have a rogue, the Legendary Daggers quest at lv 85 is all about that egg, else you meet the whelp
Wrathion
when you arrive in Pandaria for the legendary back.

TheYanger

I think removing questlines is dumb, I thought removing class quests was dumb, but that's just me.

Also, I don't think you could start today and be done before WoD. If we assume the patch drops on the 14th, that gives you 4 weeks from start to finish. If you're on the valor part then maybe, but I think anything before that and you won't make it. Which leads into something else; If they said "After october 2nd, you can't get the quest anymore" I would be cool with that but that's not what they're doing. They're saying that even if you're on your 11th secret, and 11/13/14 rolls around, the quest is removed and gone. I think that's colossally stupid.

And just to be clear, my understanding is that if you're on the cloak quest now, and WoD launches, the quest and it's items are removed and you're SoL. I think that's BULLSHIT. If they let people who were on the quest try and finish it, then that would be fine. But to remove what someone has worked towards is stupid and it's stupid by design.

They said that they were doing it with so much warning, and no, I guarantee you could start the quest TODAY and finish it before WoD if you really needed to. If someone is 11/12 runestones the day that the expansion launches, that isn't someone that has been 'working' towards their cloak, that was someone who was trying to get it done at the 11th hour with the knowledge that it was going away and they failed to budget their time and resources correctly.

I cannot find it in my mind to have sympathy for someone that ALMOST finishes it at this point, you can't not be done unless you go into it knowing you might fail because you waited so long.

StayDead

I still can't believe they removed the Linken quest chain. That was one of my favourites and go to quest chains, it was like a rite of passage doing that to hit 60.

I still have my three boomerangs though so that's all that matters.

Ultratech

Man I remember when Thorium Brotherhood rep was a massive grind. Now I hit revered just from quests in Searing Gorge and that's without the 10% guild perk.

Yeah, it's fairly easy to do even if you don't do the quests.

You can turn in stuff for rep like some of the mat items that drop in MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom