• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fishing for Mr. Pinchy..

450 tries so far, no luck.

I might go insane.

But you can't quite say you're Salty as fuck though :p

My Mr. Pinchy tool awhile, but he was nice and gave me the pet on the first try.

So are there any plans to do a casual gaf guild for draenor? Use the 90 boost for it?

Nah man. Never works. People too entrenched. Best you can do is join a server with other GAF people on it. Most everything is cross realm now anyway if you want to add people. But you aren't just gonna waltz your way in to some magical GAF guild of Mythic raiders.

Normal raids/dungeons/etc. are whatever.

If you do decide to roll on a new server, do yourself a favor and make sure it's high pop/high progression.

M.D

So how nice were the previous WoW CE? cause saving a bunch of money and getting a character boosted to 90 right now seems really tempting X_X

ampere

Just came back from an all druid travel event to moonglade to protest the upcoming travel form button changes. It was a good turnout!

That's a lot of RPers!

I can see why hardcore RPers don't like the change, but how often do players really go Stag/Leopard form in the water anyway? I think that's the only thing you can't do anymore.

1up

How far back do you think that character restoration thing works? In the new 6.0 client.

I deleted a Paladin right before Burning Crusade even came out, so obviously he was level 60. I'm guessing its not possible to restore a character that old?

I just had my very first wow character I created in Vanilla restored. I deleted him around end of BC. He still had everything in tact. Even got a feat of strength from him.

I didn't feel like waiting for the undelete feature so I just ticked a GM myself.

Aquatic, travel, and flight forms are merged into one skill. What you turn into is context dependent. If you're in water, aquatic form...can't fly, travel form...can fly, flight form. However there is a glyph that separates Stag form and Flight form.

Eh, that doesn't bother me that much. Going straight from flight to swim sounds like a dream come true. Didn't realize people loved Stag Form that much.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
That's a lot of RPers!

I can see why hardcore RPers don't like the change, but how often do players really go Stag/Leopard form in the water anyway? I think that's the only thing you can't do anymore.

Anyone who plays should know by now, if there's a change, there will always be a vocal minority who doesn't like it.

It's so inconsequential, it doesn't even matter, it's now made it easier for me to bind less keys so now I use F3 instead of F3 and F4.

Having all their different forms being context sensitive now is the LEAST of a druids worry in WoD.

Dinjooh

My Mr. Pinchy tool awhile, but he was nice and gave me the pet on the first try.

Nah man. Never works. People too entrenched. Best you can do is join a server with other GAF people on it. Most everything is cross realm now anyway if you want to add people. But you aren't just gonna waltz your way in to some magical GAF guild of Mythic raiders.

If you do decide to roll on a new server, do yourself a favor and make sure it's high pop/high progression.

If I wasn't nearing my 700th try I would find your puns hilarious.

Some Pet Battles to regain my sanity are needed.

vocab

Hey if I want to cool off in the ocean after raid as a cat or a stag I should be able too. Being a seal isn't comfortable.

Also the amount of legacy cheevs I'm getting is gonna be crazy.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

vocab

Balance is..ya. I know what you mean. Druid has 4 specs so its not that grim.
I only play resto drood for an alt. So I'm alright.

StayDead

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/7111-druid-60-transition-guide/

This is some shit druids should be worried about, the travel form button is absolutely nothing when compared to the way the class plays, especially Balance.

I am glad I chose to never play Balance again, what on earth.

Wild Growth costs SIGNIFICANTLY more mana. Use with caution, use only when needed
Healing Touch is going to be your filler spell. Use it often with rejuv weaving..
Clear casting will ONLY consume a regrowth.

blargahflad they're changing the way I have to heal AGAIN. God damnit Blizzard why do you keep doing this to me. You made my class completely pointless in Cata raids too since most of the raid bosses did single target damage. Why did they even have to change the way we healed after burning crusade? What was wrong with us being able to rejuv everyone and have the most interesting mana management of the healers.

Artanisix

Ehhh. I'll probably just farm it with 100s, even if my army of alts all won't be there for a couple months at best.

As it currently stands HLK25 is hard if not impossible to do without being a tank or pet class - or otherwise have forms of immense self-healing that aren't too detrimental to your damage.

Yeah, on live it can be pretty tough if you don't have the gearlevel for it. But that's why I'm testing this sucker on the PTR. If I can do it with lower geared chars, that gives me 6(!!) more characters to farm Invincible with each week.

vocab

blargahflad they're changing the way I have to heal AGAIN. God damnit Blizzard why do you keep doing this to me. You made my class completely pointless in Cata raids too since most of the raid bosses did single target damage. Why did they even have to change the way we healed after burning crusade? What was wrong with us being able to rejuv everyone and have the most interesting mana management of the healers.
All healers are changed. Resto got the best deal out of everyone. Also lol at mana management. Innervate is not interesting compared to mana tea.

StayDead

Potting/Innervate/Spirit in TBC was so sick to manage, then they wildly changed all our mana costs in Wrath then did it again in Cataclysm and Pandaria. There's some things I just really wish they'd never changed. I haven't raided in Pandaria outside of LFR since I don't have the time to raid again, but I'd quite happily play a level 70 druid again both content wise and spell wise. :p

Touchdown

Banned
http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/7111-druid-60-transition-guide/

This is some shit druids should be worried about, the travel form button is absolutely nothing when compared to the way the class plays, especially Balance.

I main a guardian druid and the only big thing I'm concerned about is that our rotation is going to become a lot more boring than it already was with some of the pruning. Of course I'll still main it because I love the class in general but it just seems so weird to me that Blizzard goes in the opposite direction for each expansion with some of the classes.

prior expansion: "Here's this awesome new ability called Symbiosis, Use it! You'll love it!"
new expansion: "We're taking away Symbiosis. Sorry. It was just too much to deal with."

And I would argue that the travel button has to do with how the class plays a great deal. Especially if you mained a druid for a long time. It's partly what makes a druid, a druid. The ability to switch between any form that you wish. If I wan't to use a ground mount to bring a party member somewhere instead of flying then that should be my right. If I want to swim in ground travel form I should be able to do that as well.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i dont know about Balance or Resto having not played either since TBC but Feral feels fantastic. i havent played at 100 but i did 90-93 and i think im going to main druid this xpac.

You absolutely can. I've got 4 or 5 'raf' accounts all tied to my Bnet, you just choose which to log into from a drop down.

Awesome. I'll put a starter edition on her inactive account and we'll start leveling together from 1. What's great is every 2 levels she'll be able to grant 1 level to one of my alts, which will help them level up too. And 3x XP is incredible. And all of those benefits don't even require upgrading from starter, right? Though of course with a level cap of 20 that means that surely we'll upgrade (and it is only $20). The upgrade doesn't come with any time, right? Which means we'll at least buy a month ($15 -- but that comes with a free month tacked on to my account, so that's a wash). Two months' benefit is the mount or pet, I guess.

Am I missing something? Seems like an incredible deal. Does anyone else do this? Has Blizzard ever taken exception to you having 4 or 5 RAF accounts on your Battle.Net account?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
And I would argue that the travel button has to do with how the class plays a great deal. Especially if you mained a druid for a long time. It's partly what makes a druid, a druid. The ability to switch between any form that you wish. If I wan't to use a ground mount to bring a party member somewhere instead of flying then that should be my right. If I want to swim in ground travel form I should be able to do that as well.

It's inconsequential in any sort of gameplay mechanics, it really is. You can get a glyph to separate travel form with flight form, and if you're swimming around that much anyway, why the hell are you playing the game? There's water walking potions/mounts, you shouldn't even be swimming anyway.

If you're really gonna complain about something so pointless as not being able to be a stag in the water compared to all the other druid changes, you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Jag

On a whim I entered Wowhead's Beta giveaway and won a key. WoD looks nice, but I am surprised at how little they added compared with other expansions. Garrisons, Toy Box, and new models is a bit underwhelming for an expansion.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

I have all my mains and friends ready to go so its all good for me. I just figured this is the last chance for a while to get something casual together. I don't really need my 90 boost.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Have they said if the Ghostly Spirit/Faster Ghost Wolf glyph is going to be an unlock or an inscription glyph? Because that is MAJORLY important to my leveling process.
On a whim I entered Wowhead's Beta giveaway and won a key. WoD looks nice, but I am surprised at how little they added compared with other expansions. Garrisons, Toy Box, and new models is a bit underwhelming for an expansion.

I mean compared to what
•One new race
•One new class
•Challenge Modes
•Scenarios(which I consider a huge negative that MoP brought with it)

I don't see how WoD isn't offering as much as if not more than MoP.

cdyhybrid

As long as we don't go an entire year with a single raid tier, I'll be alright.

Who am I kidding, it'll be a year and a half

Touchdown

Banned
It's inconsequential in any sort of gameplay mechanics, it really is. You can get a glyph to separate travel form with flight form, and if you're swimming around that much anyway, why the hell are you playing the game? There's water walking potions/mounts, you shouldn't even be swimming anyway.

If you're really gonna complain about something so pointless as not being able to be a stag in the water compared to all the other druid changes, you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

I disagree. It's not just about the swimming per say but how playing as a druid will feel compared to before.

And don't worry about why I'm swimming around. It's part of what makes a druid fun to me.

iirate

I've mained resto shaman every time around since vanilla, but I may just switch to druid this time. I could finally have a tanking spec and those resto changes are really calling to me(at least on paper).

iirate

They're going to have to do another squish in a few expansions at this rate.

I think that they always knew the squish was more of a bandaid than a full fix. If you look at their early explanations and plans, it was always just a consolidation of previous gear progression. It does nothing to fix the reasons why power levels have crept like they have.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do hope there's a character service sale after 6.0. Now that I have some money, I need to put my Warlock back on the Horde side.

Yeah, like the actual number iLvl difference may be greater, but if each iLvl means less and it scales fairly linearly, then there shouldn't be a problem keeping it in check.

TheYanger

Without trying to start a big argument....they had to ruin druids in Cata because of 10 mans. 10 mans caused all tanks and healers to become VERY homogonized, dps to an extent but less so (since they didn't tend to have such overt niches). With 20 mans coming they can afford to differentiate a bit more.

Awesome. I'll put a starter edition on her inactive account and we'll start leveling together from 1. What's great is every 2 levels she'll be able to grant 1 level to one of my alts, which will help them level up too. And 3x XP is incredible. And all of those benefits don't even require upgrading from starter, right? Though of course with a level cap of 20 that means that surely we'll upgrade (and it is only $20). The upgrade doesn't come with any time, right? Which means we'll at least buy a month ($15 -- but that comes with a free month tacked on to my account, so that's a wash). Two months' benefit is the mount or pet, I guess.

Am I missing something? Seems like an incredible deal. Does anyone else do this? Has Blizzard ever taken exception to you having 4 or 5 RAF accounts on your Battle.Net account?

Lots of people do it - they wouldn't care, they're getting paid the same either way.

That's a lot of RPers!

In one way the new travel form is better. At the moment if you want to fly out of water you have to jump and shift, hoping to get the timing right. In the beta if you jump out of the water while in aquatic form you automaticaly turn into flight form.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
What the fuck. I was gonna try to main my Moonkin again in WoD (was my main in WotLK and beginning of Cata) but fuck that. Guess I'll stick with Mage.

What, you think mages aren't changing or something? New Expansion means overhauls.

Funny that you'd write something off without even trying it.

Yeah people playing Druids on the beta have had nothing but good things to say about it. It's different to the point of almost having to fully re-learn the class, but it's not bad or something.

Not like Arms Warriors.

I disagree. It's not just about the swimming per say but how playing as a druid will feel compared to before.

And don't worry about why I'm swimming around. It's part of what makes a druid fun to me.

Yeah, compared to balance getting a pendulum for a eclipse bar now, it's nothing.

I can't even think of something that's such a non-issue as travel form being 1 button. Mage bomb being all one button? Blood becoming the DK tank spec? I don't know. After moving tree of life form into a CD instead of a form all bets were off at that point. Aquatic/stag/flight form is something you do less than .005% of the time you're playing the game.

Dinjooh

Yaaaaay! After a little over 700 tries, I finally caught him!

GTeaCn0.jpg

Funny that you'd write something off without even trying it.

I already wasn't a fan of Balance in Mists. I fully regemmed from Balance to Resto about 6 times before deciding to stick with Balance. I always end up switching mains mid expansion and was thinking of trying Balance again.

What, you think mages aren't changing or something? New Expansion means overhauls.

Yeah people playing Druids on the beta have had nothing but good things to say about it. It's different to the point of almost having to fully re-learn the class, but it's not bad or something.

I haven't played Arcane since WotLK and Fire and Frost are mostly unchanged. I'll still be Balance on my Druid it just won't be one of my priority characters to level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom