• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

1up

I dunno. There's a decent chance I WON'T get a scorpion, at least until after 6.0. I'd be a little miffed, but not completely upset if I didn't get one at all since I have a couple other cool mounts to run around on (Spectral, ZG tigers). Only reason I'd be annoyed mostly is cause fuck farming SoO all again when it's a 1% drop. Certainly not soloable for another expansion or two.

Otherwise I should be able to finish my lock CM set and having two 9/9 CMs is perhaps less than I'd like, but good enough. If I can get any more at this point then that's just bonus.

Soloing SoO is def gonna be a challenge. if not impossible later on. Top ones that jump to the list, Seigecrafter Blackfuse and Sha of Pride.

ampere

Anyone else get that "Transfer aborted : Instance not found" error when trying to load a dungeon/raid or continent? Shit been happening too often tonight, i just wasted a Hearthstone cooldown for nothing, as i got sent back to my original place instead of the innkeeper... =/

Nonstop. Was happening almost every single time I teleported or hearthed. Was happening to all my guildies too.

Even queuing for things, any time there would be a loading screen I'd get it. Hope it gets sorted before 6.0 hits.

M.D

PvP power/resilience is one of the reasons world PvP sucks ass. There's a baseline resilience in world PvP.

Base resilience is 80% so all of your damage is reduced by that much. Without pvp power/heroic upgraded gear you won't do much damage.

Huh, makes sense now. Thanks for the info.

I downloaded the PTR to test some classes at 90 and played around with deso Warlock, and it seems like a pretty fun class.

A lot of group utility with the summoning and healtstones.

I don't know why, but I'm dieing to switch to another class even tho I enjoy my balance druid.

I haven't touched my DK (close to 67) in like a week or more, even tho I really like him.
Being a tank is so stressful even when doing dungeons, I don't like all this responsibility

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jeremy Feasel
‏@Muffinus
@Caerule @TheSlickrock I hate to say it, but man that would make a cool shaman glyph right? Spirit wolves -> fire wolves!

Now you've gone and done it.
200px-Charhound.jpg

Corsick

So I hit 90 with my Paladin and realized doing Timeless Isle stuff is kind of pointless. Is the most productive thing I can do farming heirlooms for my alts to level up? Those will still be useful once the expansion hits at least.

Big Thanks to TheYanger for those writeups! Having not played since wotlk those writeups were nice. Will probably come back for the expansion but a bit miffed that there still does not seem to be a mass character transfer solution yet. My Guild Transferred servers at somepoint and I got a free character transfer with that, as well as once from a Scroll of Resurrection when those were still a thing. So I have 2 characters on Korgath and the rest on Bloodscalp which was a dead server at my last visit. Have every class over 80 besides a mage and druid. Would probably come back for 6.0 and level one of those 2 classes to 60 and then use the x-pac boost on em. Just wish there was a way to transfer everyone to the same damn server.

Minion101

Banned
So I hit 90 with my Paladin and realized doing Timeless Isle stuff is kind of pointless. Is the most productive thing I can do farming heirlooms for my alts to level up? Those will still be useful once the expansion hits at least.

Why not farm heirlooms in Timeless Isle gear? I just hit 90 recently too and I got 4 pieces of gear in 1 hour just helping people kill world bosses.

Corsick

Why not farm heirlooms in Timeless Isle gear? I just hit 90 recently too and I got 4 pieces of gear in 1 hour just helping people kill world bosses.

Are you saying you can buy heirlooms with timeless isle coins or that you farmed for gear on timeless isle that then allowed you to more easily farm heirlooms elsewhere? Sorry, I'm a bit new when it comes to end game stuff since I haven't played since TBC really.

Minion101

Banned
Are you saying you can buy heirlooms with timeless isle coins or that you farmed for gear on timeless isle that then allowed you to more easily farm heirlooms elsewhere? Sorry, I'm a bit new when it comes to end game stuff since I haven't played since TBC really.

I haven't played since wrath. The fasted way to get heirlooms is justice points from Random dungeon finder. Timeless isle gear will help you there. I'm not sure how it works but when you first go to timeless isle you will get gear drops out the ass.

Minor annoyance with the Battle.net Launcher, figured I'd see if anyone here knew what was up. I just built a new computer this week, so I had to reinstall the launcher after formatting and reinstalling Windows and such. Before, and on my laptop still, when I would pin the launcher to the task bar and then run it, there would only be one icon, as so:

IxTEPGX.png

But now on my desktop, I get 2 icons, one that is pinned and one for the running program:

XqwcqLm.png

As far as I can tell, I did everything the exact same way. Like I said, minor annoyance, just wanted to see if anyone knew how to get back to only 1 icon while it's running.

I wish recruit-a-friend worked on expired accounts. I'd love to play an alt with my daughter who is interested in coming back and starting a new character, and she has that old account that hasn't been used in years. I guess a few years ago they had that scroll of resurrection program, wish that would come back at the very least (though RAF is much better, for the leveling benefits).

Tamanon

Banned
Minor annoyance with the Battle.net Launcher, figured I'd see if anyone here knew what was up. I just built a new computer this week, so I had to reinstall the launcher after formatting and reinstalling Windows and such. Before, and on my laptop still, when I would pin the launcher to the task bar and then run it, there would only be one icon, as so:

IxTEPGX.png

But now on my desktop, I get 2 icons, one that is pinned and one for the running program:

XqwcqLm.png

As far as I can tell, I did everything the exact same way. Like I said, minor annoyance, just wanted to see if anyone knew how to get back to only 1 icon while it's running.

I think that's because it's already running. Maybe try opening it from the bottom right corner. Or try unpinning it from the taskbar and pinning it again.

I remember it happening to me a while ago, but now I'm at just one icon.

I feel like Cloak is going to take a miracle. I just hit the 3k valor for Ch2, which is being removed with 6.0. But, the patch also removes the buff, and it seems most people say 3-5 weeks to loot the secrets, etc.

Tamanon

Banned
I feel like Cloak is going to take a miracle. I just hit the 3k valor for Ch2, which is being removed with 6.0. But, the patch also removes the buff, and it seems most people say 3-5 weeks to loot the secrets, etc.

Took me 2 weeks with the buff for the secrets. The only issue was getting groups that finished the SoO wings. It's tougher after Tuesday. You should still be fine I think.

Took me 2 weeks with the buff for the secrets. The only issue was getting groups that finished the SoO wings. It's tougher after Tuesday. You should still be fine I think.

Well, I am capped for the week (dumb), so I can't start the valor quest until reset. But, that's 3 weeks which lines up right with 6.0 dropping. I am in a weird bind. Hoping for a stealth drop rate change on the runes/secrets.

I wish recruit-a-friend worked on expired accounts. I'd love to play an alt with my daughter who is interested in coming back and starting a new character, and she has that old account that hasn't been used in years. I guess a few years ago they had that scroll of resurrection program, wish that would come back at the very least (though RAF is much better, for the leveling benefits).

Been thinking about it -- maybe I'll just get my daughter a new copy of the game. I wonder if I can attach a Starter Edition to her Battle.Net account that already has WoW attached to it. I'd be out the cost of the base game, I suppose, but it'd probably be worth it.

JSoup

Banned
Ok, so, little confused about something. Was reading a month ago that the heirloom drops from Garrosh would be switched to 100% as of 6.0 till the full launch. I've seen nothing but cross talk about it since then, so I'm not sure if that was misreported or what. Insight, anyone?

Artanisix

Ok, so, little confused about something. Was reading a month ago that the heirloom drops from Garrosh would be switched to 100% as of 6.0 till the full launch. I've seen nothing but cross talk about it since then, so I'm not sure if that was misreported or what. Insight, anyone?

100% to drop from any difficulty but LFR *IF* you don't already have an heirloom weapon drop on that character.

Dresden

Just came back from an all druid travel event to moonglade to protest the upcoming travel form button changes. It was a good turnout!

I looked this up and ... what a terrible idea. Hope it gets reverted, though my gut feeling is that it won't until 6.2 or whatever, if ever.

TheYanger

Been thinking about it -- maybe I'll just get my daughter a new copy of the game. I wonder if I can attach a Starter Edition to her Battle.Net account that already has WoW attached to it. I'd be out the cost of the base game, I suppose, but it'd probably be worth it.

You absolutely can. I've got 4 or 5 'raf' accounts all tied to my Bnet, you just choose which to log into from a drop down.

Hadn't heard of that travel form thing....idk. Functionally that's a big improvement, I can see why people would want to keep the separate RP forms or whatever, but realistically there's no gameplay benefit to being in a shitty inferior form at any point. Seems like the right place to ADD button bloat to me, just hve 'travel form' be what they're making now, and then maybe a popout like mage ports to let you pick one of the old ones specifically if you want.

vocab

Its a change no one asked for. Its more of a nuisance than a quality of life issue. I can totally see them removing it once wod comes out.

StayDead

Blizzard have this weird fetish for changing things for druids with no real reason, like when they removed tree of life form in Cataclysm as a druid who became a tree three years prior because I thought the ToL was awesome it was incredibly annoying.

It also meant raiding was much harder as I could no longer see myself as a massive tree stood in amongst 10 other people so it was much harder to work out where I was. Sure they added it back as a glyph finally in Pandaria but nobody wanted tree form gone and now I have to glyph it to even use it.

I know they wanted to give us a cooldown, but why not just have it appear over our normal tree form. God I hate Blizzard for that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I still miss Tree of Life :( Fuck that minor glyph

TheYanger

Its a change no one asked for. Its more of a nuisance than a quality of life issue. I can totally see them removing it once wod comes out.

How is it a nuisance? it is literally ONLY superior from a functionality standpoint. It's only the RP stuff that makes it silly. I'm not saying there's not merit to wanting to be in the wrong form for whatever reason (again, mostly RP), but it is quite strictly better to be able to say, flight form down into the ocean and immediately have yourself turn into a seal. You can still glyph Stag to never have it change you from a stag if it REALLY bugs you, you can also glyph travel to make it so your Stag is the same speed as a ground mount, effectively making it so that if you're a druid you can just be in 'travel' and literally never have to shift in order to maximize your movement.

People like to get outraged over nothing, ask any other class if they'd like to have a single button that let them run around at max speed everywhere in the world without ever costing them a single GCD and they'd jump at it, even at the expense of something else. Manually changing forms isn't particularly exciting gameplay outside of combat, and you can still separate them out if you are that guy that wants to. So who cares?

StayDead

How is it a nuisance? it is literally ONLY superior from a functionality standpoint. It's only the RP stuff that makes it silly. I'm not saying there's not merit to wanting to be in the wrong form for whatever reason (again, mostly RP), but it is quite strictly better to be able to say, flight form down into the ocean and immediately have yourself turn into a seal.

Do you play druid out of interest?

TheYanger

Do you play druid out of interest?

A druid was my first alt, and I've maintained a max level druid the entire span of WoW. I just logged on the beta to play with it to make sure I wasn't wrong about any of that before I posted it. The more I toyed with it, the more I decided it is awesome as hell to just have a single 'you never have to hit another button' to travel around. The only thing they need to do to make it the ultimate convenience, is make it so that it automatically turns in when you come outdoors from places you can't mount. Being able to fly down, grab a thing, fly back up, click a portal as a stag and come out as a bird, etc. It's purely convenience. Yeah, you could do it instantly before by juggling buttons, but let's face it that can be annoying over a long play session. If you REALLY want that annoyance, have at it - there's a glyph for you.

StayDead

A druid was my first alt, and I've maintained a max level druid the entire span of WoW. I just logged on the beta to play with it to make sure I wasn't wrong about any of that before I posted it. The more I toyed with it, the more I decided it is awesome as hell to just have a single 'you never have to hit another button' to travel around. The only thing they need to do to make it the ultimate convenience, is make it so that it automatically turns in when you come outdoors from places you can't mount. Being able to fly down, grab a thing, fly back up, click a portal as a stag and come out as a bird, etc. It's purely convenience. Yeah, you could do it instantly before by juggling buttons, but let's face it that can be annoying over a long play session. If you REALLY want that annoyance, have at it - there's a glyph for you.

Do you not understand by shoving it as a glyph they're removing yet more options? You can set up a macro now to put you in whatever form you want, but by forcing me to take the tree glyph and now this it means I'm not going to be able to choose from many others as there's only limited glyph slots.

Why don't they just add a one size fits all button for the people who want it, and leave it as is for the people who don't? They're literally changing things for the sake of it and having suffered 5 years of them doing that to druids it's getting really, really annoying.

They've tried to change the way we heal about 6 times since I started my druid in TBC too. :/

TheYanger

Do you not understand by shoving it as a glyph they're removing yet more options? You can set up a macro now to put you in whatever form you want, but by forcing me to take the tree glyph and now this it means I'm not going to be able to choose from many others as there's only limited glyph slots.

Why don't they just add a one size fits all button for the people who want it, and leave it as is for the people who don't? They're literally changing things for the sake of it and having suffered 5 years of them doing that to druids it's getting really, really annoying.

They've tried to change the way we heal about 6 times since I started my druid in TBC too. :/

You cannot macro the button and have it work as it does on beta. You do not need to even press the button again, you just automatically change forms according to context. I again wonder what possible reason anyone would care about being able to stay in some inferior form of travel OTHER than roleplaying (And, once again, you can just glyph it. If you care THAT much about it, it's not a big deal).

You guys are acting like they're making some major negative change to your class for the sake of change, when they're buffing the convenience aspect of being a druid (Which was always a major perk of being a druid). It comes at no cost unless you really just love chilling in stag form, at which point it comes at the tiny cost of a minor glyph.

Artanisix

Doing the deed that no bastard could provide me info with.

Just solo'd through ICC25 with the ilvl 461 premade Warrior on the PTR very easily, will be doing 25H next week after reset. Although Warrior might just be stupid good for soloing now due to the Second Wind changes. I want to know if it's possible to kill Lich King on 25H with a low geared 90 as this will give me multiple characters to farm Invincible with.

Ehhh. I'll probably just farm it with 100s, even if my army of alts all won't be there for a couple months at best.

As it currently stands HLK25 is hard if not impossible to do without being a tank or pet class - or otherwise have forms of immense self-healing that aren't too detrimental to your damage.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
All i know is that soloing stuff is stupidly easy now. Gather group of mobs, press 2 buttons, loot. It took me by surprise how easily things died. They died so quickly i am actually going through on live doing solo raid achievements so i can do it where there is some kind of difficulty to it. i tried to enter Pandaria raids but couldnt enter. This happened to me when i was trying Bastion of Twilight.. it took like 30 tries to get in.. so ill try again with Mogushan later and see whats what.

im also going to copy my shit geared 90 paladin and see if i can faceroll ICC25.

edit: i also need to try soloing ICC with my 90 mage. i suspect its going to be little more than Arcane Explosion spam except for the bosses.

RPGCrazied

How far back do you think that character restoration thing works? In the new 6.0 client.

I deleted a Paladin right before Burning Crusade even came out, so obviously he was level 60. I'm guessing its not possible to restore a character that old?

Hixx

How far back do you think that character restoration thing works? In the new 6.0 client.

I deleted a Paladin right before Burning Crusade even came out, so obviously he was level 60. I'm guessing its not possible to restore a character that old?

Characters under level 10 and Death Knights at level 55 are not eligible to be undeleted.
Characters between level 10 and level 29 will no longer recoverable after 90 days.
Characters between level 30 and 49 will no longer recoverable after 120 days.
All other characters level 50 and above are eligible to be undeleted at any time.
Please keep in mind you will only be able to use the undelete option once every 30 days.

Got this off MMO Champion.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So are there any plans to do a casual gaf guild for draenor? Use the 90 boost for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom