• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocab

Are all of those for the expansion? Because I haven't seen demo buffs after the hilarious stomping they got with 5.4. And Archimonde is godly for destro

No I'm talking about 5.4. Demo didn't get any nerfs. 1 less imp, and Unerring Vision of Lei Shen put in the dumpster. Big deal. Every trinket in ToT got put into the ground, and people want to complain about a trinket that puts everything in SoO to shame. That's blizzards fault.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
No I'm talking about 5.4. Demo didn't get any nerfs. 1 less imp, and Unerring Vision of Lei Shen put in the dumpster. Big deal. Every trinket in ToT got put into the ground, and people want to complain about a trinket that puts everything in SoO to shame. That's blizzards fault.

I like wild imps thematically for demo. The idea of always having a small swarm of demons firing away at your target is a very cool design aesthetic for the spec.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Honestly my favorite feature they've ever added to the game, hope we see more from it next expansion (even if I still haven't finished the challenge cards due to laziness). Spoiler for that fight if you want/didn't know
their rockets deal damage to themselves, so always try to stand on top of one of them.

On a random different topic, has anyone been getting gold spammer friend requests lately on bnet? Like in the past 2 days I've had like 5 friend requests all from the same gold seller website. I report all of them, but shit is annoying.

Lol spoilers not necessary, I just hate that fight because it took me nearly an hour to finish it. I kept dying when he was ~30k. I didn't realize their health was shared. So I would just do nothing while he was standing in the shields and kept hitting enrage.

And yeah, I've gotten at least 3 requests per day from pvpbank84382 or whatever.

Honestly though my favorite thing about brawlers guild is when it's busy time and you've got a bunch of brawlers talking strats and discussing things while you're all in the queue. Probably the last remnant of true "server community" left in the game.

Also since I play on an RP server the whole area really feels like an underground exclusive club. You'll frequently see people RPing guild meetings or nights out in the area while people brawl.

Salamando

Finally finished all my fights in the Brawler's Guild last night...Max rank for the mushan...found all the cards and beat all the card fights for the Shirts. Nibbleh and Hexos definitely caused me the most grief in there. That makes one more thing crossed off my MOP Bucket List.

Tacitus_

And the only way to get proper DPS out of that spec was rolling 100% crit dooms.

ZenaxPure

Lol spoilers not necessary

Yeah, I just took my time in there really serious, didn't use a single guide or anything and actually went self buffed for every fight except disruptron (cause it was buggy as fuck and dumb), only reason I used spoilers.

But yeah, one of the best parts about it is all the people around you can talk to, I made a few real ID friends that way, it was nice.

Also Rokam, I doubt it's OQ since I don't use it myself but still get spammed every day. Either way it's pretty annoying.

These guys know what's up. I'm going to miss my obscene numbers in WoD :(
Oh the joy of everything lining up and then critting upwards of 2,5 million :)

And Destro is really easy to play. Immolate up, conflag whenever possible, cast chaos bolts whenever you have nice procs going and/or are using cooldowns, otherwise save embers for those situations unless you're about to be capped. RoF when there's 2+ targets you can hit for the whole cast for bonus embers. Abuse havoc for double chaos bolts or triple shadowburns if possible.

Well that's new.

Demo got nerfed to the GROUND BABY

So you know how in affliction you keep trying to keep your shards up? How's that mechanic work in destro? When should I be using soul burn or whatever it's called? Do I want to stack up to 4 embers and then blow them all on chaos bolts?

Tamanon

Banned
So you know how in affliction you keep trying to keep your shards up? How's that mechanic work in destro? When should I be using soul burn or whatever it's called? Do I want to stack up to 4 embers and then blow them all on chaos bolts?

You'll generally want to load up on Embers, and blow them when your procs are going off or Dark Soul is up, all on Chaos Bolt if single target. If you cap embers and don't have a lineup, don't be afraid to toss out a bolt or two.

You'll generally want to load up on Embers, and blow them when your procs are going off or Dark Soul is up, all on Chaos Bolt if single target. If you cap embers and don't have a lineup, don't be afraid to toss out a bolt or two.

Okay cool. And soul burn loads them up? So essentially how I play for leveling is going to have some changes because most chaos bolts seem to one shot shit.

Touch

Finally got some flex weapons today for my rogue. They are for combat though and I'm assassination spec. Not sure if I want to re gem and enchant. #firstworldproblems

Salamando

Just got a late-night LFR siegecrafter kill in. Never again am I waiting until monday night. How hard is it to follow instructions of "Tank Add on Sawblade"? Just because melee DPS can run over to him and throw some DPS on 'em doesn't mean it's a good idea.

'Least I got a shoulder token out of it.

Tarazet

Tanking is easy as hell, but unlike the other specializations, you need to be at least partially awake and have some grasp of how to play in general and in the encounter.

One wrinkle in tanking is that tanking LFR only is pure hell. You're one of 25 random variables, no one is coordinated, and there's no patience for tanks that don't know the fight.. even though there aren't good resources out there that instruct you specifically how to approach LFR versions of the encounter, which often involve intentionally ignoring some of the mechanics to avoid wiping because some people couldn't do it.

Cipherr

But when I run heroics, I NEVER see Hunters changing pets. Why is that?

I did this while leveling to provide the group with a buff we didn't have. But there's no point now. We are all running around in 550+ doing Heroics on Tuesdays only to cap Valor for the week. We could crush these things with zero buffs at all and not even notice. I get agitated when a heroic takes longer than 10 minutes.

Its like... JUST FUCKING GOOOOOOOO!

ZenaxPure

Finally got some flex weapons today for my rogue. They are for combat though and I'm assassination spec. Not sure if I want to re gem and enchant. #firstworldproblems

Did you change your loot spec or did they revert the changes or something? You're only supposed to see dagger drops if your loot spec is set to assassination.

Tacitus_

Okay cool. And soul burn loads them up? So essentially how I play for leveling is going to have some changes because most chaos bolts seem to one shot shit.

If you kill a target with a shadowburn or within 5 seconds of it landing you get two embers back. I had this awesome bit in levelling where chaos bolts did 80% of a mobs HP so I could burn them right after it landing so I went around twoshotting mobs :3

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I went through a BRD on my Destro lock with a bunch of heirloom guys as well, an enh shaman, a warrior, and a rogue.

I never got to kill anything except with shadowburn. When you're leveling, WF just seems like the most broken shit ever. It's too bad it evens out so harshly. Shield Slam is kind of the same way.

Tacitus_

I went through a BRD on my Destro lock with a bunch of heirloom guys as well, an enh shaman, a warrior, and a rogue.

I never got to kill anything except with shadowburn. When you're leveling, WF just seems like the most broken shit ever. It's too bad it evens out so harshly. Shield Slam is kind of the same way.

Yeah it's not the best while grouped because the mobs tend to die before the server realizes that you are able to cast it.

Khezu

Do you ever not have to do all the weird mini games when planting seeds at the farm? Like watering, bug killing, vine ripping?

It's getting pretty old now.

Tacitus_

Do you ever not have to do all the weird mini games when planting seeds at the farm? Like watering, bug killing, vine ripping?

Nope. The best you can hope for is loads of watering and bug killing since you can get 8 patches with a single click when you buy the addons for your farm. Oh and you can rip the vines out while mounted which makes it a bit faster.

Robin64

Yeah, really hoping the Garrisons don't have lots of little "problems" appearing that need sorting out daily before you can do anything.

Though I noticed they have a farm again, so I bet that aspect will be the same as now.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Being a lock sucks in dungeons like that because shit always dies before you can finish a cast.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I haven't played my lock in a couple weeks, but I'm pretty sure Destro doesn't use soul burn at all. That's purely a demo spell.

Also, you want to make sure you DON'T use Backdraft procs on Chaos Bolt. If you have more than 2 backdraft stacks, cast incinerate until you are at 0-2.

Tacitus_

I haven't played my lock in a couple weeks, but I'm pretty sure Destro doesn't use soul burn at all. That's purely a demo spell.

Also, you want to make sure you DON'T use Backdraft procs on Chaos Bolt. If you have more than 2 backdraft stacks, cast incinerate until you are at 0-2.

Soulburn is affliction :p

Destro uses Shadowburn.

Quake1028

What dungeons should I run through after hitting 85 tonight? So far I have gone from 80-85 just solo questing. I want to do some dungeons now though.

Jag

What dungeons should I run through after hitting 85 tonight? So far I have gone from 80-85 just solo questing. I want to do some dungeons now though.

Just hit random. You'll get a bonus and a faster queue. Runs are still pretty fast even without heirloom gear.

Marven

Yeah my gear sucks. I only have greens/blues that you get from questing. I think my iLevel average is like 310 lol.

There's a vendor in Jade Forest in Pandaria that sells green 372 gear, including weapons and trinkets, which would help with your iLevel.

Singegruff in Dawn's Blossom. You can actually head to Dawn's Blossom after finishing the initial quests there.

Delio

So I recently got back into WoW thanks to my friends. Currently leveling a Panda Windwalker Monk and finding it really fun!

Jag

There's a vendor in Jade Forest in Pandaria that sells green 372 gear, including weapons and trinkets, which would help with your iLevel.

Singegruff in Dawn's Blossom. You can actually head to Dawn's Blossom after finishing the initial quests there.

Yep, I make a beeline there with all my undergeared alts right after I do the intro quest.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is it worth paying for that gear over just naturally gearing up through questing?

Not really, might as well keep the gold and get your gear through quests. It's not like the greens and blues from late Cata are that bad for Jade Forest.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Good, because my WoW wallet is hurting. Just paid for the highest flying level the other day, almost 5k gold. Ouch.

Here's a little trick to save 1k gold : Earn Exalted reputation with either Orgrimmar or Stormwind depending on your faction and go buy your riding skills there instead of Outlands or Northrend. The 2 fastest flying speed will be 4000 gold. Buy the tabards as soon as you can (like, before dungeons become available) and do dungeons with them and you'll get Exalted pretty fast.

Tacitus_

So this just happened:
3Ua2HCM.jpg

Surprisingly easy, all things considered.

Crystallized Terror get! Though the stupid fucking (something like 9 straight after acquiring the penultimate one) bosses not dropping the last sigil last week means a Test of Valor will take a month (well 3 weeks and a day) rather than just 3 weeks due to the cap. Even if I got a sigil on an earlier boss in a different instance then bugged out to avoid the valor reward, I still had to kill the Sha of Fear which is a final boss, so I was stuck :/

Also, if any US Horde are available sometime this week, I need one other person to kill Sarth 3D 25. Can't quite pull it off alone, but with two it should be cake. Looking to get the mount, so if anyone has it and just wants to help me out, or if you don't have it we can roll and do the other person next week. Add me at CarbonFalcon#1838 and say your GAF name in the note.

Jag

Just got my 20th Secret after burning through all of ToT and 2 wings of SoO today. Bring on the the next stage!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Outside of the Warrior and Hunter set, I'm honestly not that huge of a fan of the CM gear. I appreciate the detail, the asymmetrical design(which better be the norm for tiers in WoD), and the intricate belts, but a lot of it's just too overdesigned for my taste. Just too much at once.

Tacitus_

Outside of the Warrior and Hunter set, I'm honestly not that huge of a fan of the CM gear. I appreciate the detail, the asymmetrical design(which better be the norm for tiers in WoD), and the intricate belts, but a lot of it's just too overdesigned for my taste. Just too much at once.

Oh, I think the warrior one is one of the worst ones. It's too plain.

BUT

I don't care since I look like Illidan now. And I grow wings whenever I /roar

Tacitus_

Oh hush, my group is just barely learning the gold strats :(

I don't know if we were that good or if we had a good setup (pictured) or some other reason but we basically just went around destroying them. Brewery was supposed to be the hardest but we one shot it with over a minute to spare.

Fjordson

Stupid Archaeology doesn't want to give me this raptor mount =[

I don't really "get" Archaeology. Seems like the only rewards from the entire profession are that mount and a bunch of vendor trash. I've only seen one rare and it's a night elf wind chime that doesn't do anything :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Stupid Archaeology doesn't want to give me this raptor mount =[

I don't really "get" Archaeology. Seems like the only rewards from the entire profession are that mount and a bunch of vendor trash. I've only seen one rare and it's a night elf wind chime that doesn't do anything :lol

They buffed it a wee bit in Pandaland, by giving you some sweet gear for leveling 85s(461 polearm for level 85 is pretty great). But yeah, it's mount, pets, doodads, titles, XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom