• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I never really find a need to change professions based on what's going to be better and what isn't.

Unless you are min/maxing to get every single itty bitty drop of output, aren't the differences pretty small? I've had JC on my paladin since BC and I've been a tailor/enc on my warlock since Vanilla and I'd rather not lose all my recipes.

Pretty much. Unless they completely gut the profession some how.

I finished my Brawler's guild achieves tonight! "Collect Your Deck" and "Deck Your Collection"! :)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everything in my gut says that I want to take my main Enhance Shaman into WoD first as my main.

But then I see my Orc Warlock with the Betrayer set on in that glorious HD model, and I just know what's gonna happen. Especially that Omni cast animation with the new model. Ohgodsogood. And I can hang out with Gul'Dan and shit. The sad part is my Vicious War Wolf is on my Shaman, but my Shaman will never use it in WoD with the new ghost wolf glyph.

Ultratech

So, is JC going to be useless in WoD? I haven't been following the profession side of things on beta. My warrior is JC/ENG.

My monk - which I am going to main in wod - is skinning/LW, will probably keep him that way.

I wouldn't say it's useless. It's just a bit different for WoD.

Major things:
-Much less gems than before and they're all Prismatic now. No more color BS.
-No new Meta Gems, Socket Bonuses, or Primary Stat Gems. (New Gems are secondary stat based.)
-Can make Epic Rings and Necks and upgrade those accordingly.

Read this for more info.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haven't done any raiding testing in beta. How's the higher end stuff looking for melee this go around? A little better now that casters are more turret-y? Probably not, but a man can dream.

This is hard to argue with.

grimmiq

Kinda tempted to get back into WoW, I raided solidly from start of TBC til I got a bit burnt out running Naxx over and over near the start of WoTLK, then came back for about a month with MoP but didn't have a great deal of playtime available and never got to any of the higher end content.

How's the WoD beta looking for people who enjoyed TBC most?

Vesmir

Banned
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14730033372?page=1

all my fucking threads on the wow forums get downvoted so hard

they can't handle the honest truth

image.php

Nyx

Last Sunday I formatted my PC (which was long overdue) and after that had to reinstall a bunch of stuff including the b.net client. (for SC2 mainly)
While I was downloading that I noticed that there was a 10 day MoP trial, and I took it, last time I logged in was in the end of November 2008.

So last night I logged on and was flabbergasted haha. Didn’t even recognize good old Orgrimmar, guess that’s what you get if you never played Cataclysm.

Then I went to BWL40 and AQ40 with 2 old guildies who are lvl 90.
It felt good to return to those places after all these years but when we cleared both within 15-20 mins per raid, it felt a bit strange as I spent months in those instances back in the day.

Anyway, I might come back for the new exp, especially because of the lvl 90 boost cause I can’t see myself levelling from 70 to 90 by questing anymore.

I have a question, hopefully someone can help me.

Not sure what happened, if it's an add on or something else.

Now every time I log in, in the upper left corner there is a Skype box that I have to close. It is annoying as it is positioned where I have my Skada meter.

How do I turn that off, so it doesn't show up? I don't use in-game voice chat for anything.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
You mean because people will have to pay to recustomize their character or something?

You can change your face in the barbershop for like 20 gold in 6.0

Though the sticker price on the expac is $10 more, guess they figured they could get more money from us. They were right... lol
The barbershop addition is pretty good then. I've searched for info on it every few months and never saw that tidbit.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I never really find a need to change professions based on what's going to be better and what isn't.

Unless you are min/maxing to get every single itty bitty drop of output, aren't the differences pretty small? I've had JC on my paladin since BC and I've been a tailor/enc on my warlock since Vanilla and I'd rather not lose all my recipes.

Yeah it was actually a pretty big upgrade, herbalism is awesome for Affliction/Marksman hunters. Synapse Springs from engineering is like having an extra trinket. Having Blacksmithing meant that if a secondary stat was better than a main stat like Crit was for warriors, you could gem extra crit instead of Strength.

Doing that now though would be silly, there's a week left of it being like that. WoD professions don't have a combat bonus anymore.

tailoring is actually awesome for warlocks/most int casters too because of the Lightweave proc.

About that, I've been unclear on one point. Are we losing our profession only enchants as well? Like, my tailoring only lightweave and my enchanting only ring enchants?
AFAIK yes. Every profession had their own way to add the bonus (passive buff, an improved enchantment, etc) - All of them should be gone with WoD

JSoup

Banned
AFAIK yes. Every profession had their own way to add the bonus (passive buff, an improved enchantment, etc) - All of them should be gone with WoD

Second question, are they still around or removed completely? That is, I can still make lightweave, it's just not locked to tailors, or no more lightweave for everyone, get out of my house.

StMeph

Completed the normal Brawler's Guild last night. I'm not sure I can get the last two special cards (pet battling and archaeology, of course) before next Tuesday, though, so I guess this might be it.

The only thing left I really want before WoD is to farm Deathcharger's Reins.

Jag

Completed the normal Brawler's Guild last night. I'm not sure I can get the last two special cards (pet battling and archaeology, of course) before next Tuesday, though, so I guess this might be it.

I realized I'm close enough with the special bosses that I should finish them. Hopefully the fishing one and random drops don't take too long.

Beating Doopy for the pet card shouldn't be that hard. He's aquatic so take 3 flying pets. A level 25 moth can pretty much solo him.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I have three Brawler's Fights left. Ahoo'ru (haven't even attempted), Mingus Dingus (seems like I could get it within a few tries), and Dippy/Doopy (highest pet is level 20)

Mastamind

Been a while since I played (start of mop) and trying to decide on a which tank to level for wod. Right now I have a 85 paladin and a would most likely make a new warrior if i would level one. I kind of like the idea of gladiator stance, but have history/achievements on the paladin.

Which would you prefer to have in your group? And which dps offspec do you expect to be in a better place after the tuning pass?

ampere

Guess no patch today, ugh. I guess it was to good to be true to think today was the day.

Like others are saying it was never going to be today :p.

Next Tuesday, the 14th, is the earliest possible date and the most likely.

21st if shit gets messed up somehow.

ampere

Been a while since I played (start of mop) and trying to decide on a which tank to level for wod. Right now I have a 85 paladin and a would most likely make a new warrior if i would level one. I kind of like the idea of gladiator stance, but have history/achievements on the paladin.

Paladins have a ton of self healing and 'rule breaking' abilities like Divine Shield, but Warriors are super mobile and have Shield Barrier which makes them the best magic damage tank IMO. Try them both and pick what is more fun, the only reason I would turn down a Paladin or Warrior in my group is if the other tank was the same class or the player's skill level was low.

Which would you prefer to have in your group? And which dps offspec do you expect to be in a better place after the tuning pass?

Don't bother with this guessing game. The game is pretty balanced for dps so pick the spec you enjoy more and are better at. That will be the higher dps for you.

Pet Battling your way to Dippy & Doopy takes about a day. 3 rare-quality flying pets at 25 make very quick work of that card.
Archaeology is just a grind and RNG, good luck.

Eh. I mean you'll probably get the archaeology card in about an hour or two of mantid digging, which is nothing if you've been going after the bug mount. I've probably seen half a dozen of them just going after that.

Mastamind

Paladins have a ton of self healing and 'rule breaking' abilities like Divine Shield, but Warriors are super mobile and have Shield Barrier which makes them the best magic damage tank IMO. Try them both and pick what is more fun, the only reason I would turn down a Paladin or Warrior in my group is if the other tank was the same class or the player's skill level was low.

Don't bother with this guessing game. The game is pretty balanced for dps so pick the spec you enjoy more and are better at. That will be the higher dps for you.

Flip a coin it is. Now should i choose heads or tails.

Is it not possible for me to be logged into the mobile WoW Armory app and battle.net at the same time? My password is ridiculously long and complicated, so much so that I need to copy/paste it every time I log in. I don't have it stored on my phone, so I was hoping the armory app would just keep me logged in. But when I go play the actual game, or even just log into battle.net, when I come back the armory has logged itself out. Really frustrating.

Ultratech

Actually you can do mantid digs and turn those completed items into Restored Artifacts to get Crate of Tol'vir Archaeology Fragments.

That's how I've gotten a million of Digmaster's Earthblade.

Probably the easiest way to do it.

Do Pandaria digs, make Artifacts, and exchange those for Tol'vir stuff.

I got mine pretty quick from that.

Pet Battling your way to Dippy & Doopy takes about a day. 3 rare-quality flying pets at 25 make very quick work of that card.
Archaeology is just a grind and RNG, good luck.

Yeah, it's not "hard", but you'll want Lvl 25 Flying pets for sure to take him down (or some other pet on your team that can increase damage taken or take a lot of abuse).

You don't want crap happening where you do manage to kill him then end up dying the same turn due to multi-turn moves.

Huh. Thought you could only get it out of the crate, but it does seem it's possible to get from Tol'vir digsites. Still - much faster to get from the crate digging mantid sites with sonic locator thingy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder how long the servers will be down for extended maintenance when 6.0 hits. I remember WOTLK patch time being a mess. Hell, I remember Ulduar patch being a mess.

StMeph

Don't you have to be higher in Archaeology to be able to do MoP sites? I'm basically at Archaeology 1/600.

Pet battles are pretty far behind too, highest pet is around level 8 or 9.

Don't you have to be higher in Archaeology to be able to do MoP sites? I'm basically at Archaeology 1/600.

Pet battles are pretty far behind too, highest pet is around level 8 or 9.

A team of 3 same-level pets can take down 1-2 enemy pets several levels higher than they are, you just gotta grind somewhere near a stable master and then move on to the next zone as soon as parity gets reached. I abused alts on low-pop servers to get 3 quick mechanicals to level 10-ish to beat up on magic eyes outside karazhan for a few hours a day for 3 days to leapfrog most of the vanilla zones, then ground out those eyes in netherstorm to leapfrog TBC, then ground out flyers in Dragonblight to leapfrog Wrath zones, then went straight to the aquatic grinding paradise in vale.

Took roughly four days from start to finish, mostly because the respawns on karazhan eyes was abysmal so I killed/trapped the 10-12 that are up then logged out for the day.

ampere

Wonder how long the servers will be down for extended maintenance when 6.0 hits. I remember WOTLK patch time being a mess. Hell, I remember Ulduar patch being a mess.

Fingers crossed they come up smoothly before 8 EST... (lol yea right who am I kidding)

I am going to miss our Thursday raid night next week so I need a typical full clear on Tuesday. I want that increased heirloom drop rate!

Will I be able to do any of the pre-WoD event stuff as a fresh level 90? I'm 79 now, and I think I should be able to hit 90 before next Tuesday. Also is there a guide for the event stuff somewhere?

Will I be able to do any of the pre-WoD event stuff as a fresh level 90? I'm 79 now, and I think I should be able to hit 90 before next Tuesday. Also is there a guide for the event stuff somewhere?

The pre-cataclysm events didn't require level cap except for the 5-man bosses, I think.
Operation Gnomeregan required level 75.

There will probably be similar pre warlords content up and down the spectrum of levels. You're unlikely to need level 90 for the majority of it.

StMeph

A team of 3 same-level pets can take down 1-2 enemy pets several levels higher than they are, you just gotta grind somewhere near a stable master and then move on to the next zone as soon as parity gets reached. I abused alts on low-pop servers to get 3 quick mechanicals to level 10-ish to beat up on magic eyes outside karazhan for a few hours a day for 3 days to leapfrog most of the vanilla zones, then ground out those eyes in netherstorm to leapfrog TBC, then ground out flyers in Dragonblight to leapfrog Wrath zones, then went straight to the aquatic grinding paradise in vale.

Took roughly four days from start to finish, mostly because the respawns on karazhan eyes was abysmal so I killed/trapped the 10-12 that are up then logged out for the day.

Thanks for the rough outline. Sounds like the goal is to keep trading up in pet levels until you can reliably take down 25s to grind what you need. Are you killing them for XP, or capturing them to leapfrog content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom