• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The more I think about it, the more I think UBRS will be an easy LFG and you'll be able to be carried through it at lower levels. Just seems like a way to get people gear quickly to go into the new Heroic/Mythic raiding. I don't know, I have no desire to do SoO anymore after doing it for so long. New difficulty or not.

It will also help fresh 90s when they go to WoD, but if it's anything like beta? Even lowbie LFR shit makes you unstoppable in those WoD starting zones.

The pre-cataclysm events didn't require level cap except for the 5-man bosses, I think.
Operation Gnomeregan required level 75.

There will probably be similar pre warlords content up and down the spectrum of levels. You're unlikely to need level 90 for the majority of it.

Well, for example I was just reading this post on the WoW homepage about new dungeons in WoD. This part is about the level 100 UBRS coming:

Upper Blackrock Spire
Level: 100
Bosses: 5
This is a mountain that is rife with history. Heroes of Azeroth have long fought and bled through its halls, but now this imposing fortress is under new management. This level 100 dungeon in the upper reaches of Blackrock Spire is now home to the Ironmarch vanguard. As preparations to use the Spire as the staging ground for a full-scale invasion of Azeroth continue, the Iron Horde has set up a terrifying contingency plan: a doomsday weapon within the heart of the Blackrock Mountain.

You’ll encounter five new bosses at level 100 and can experience the first three as a part of the pre-expansion version of the dungeon available to level 90 players for a limited time.

It mentions that a level 90 UBRS will be available between 6.0 and WoD. There's no other examples of this kind of thing? Is there a full list of stuff that will activate in 6.0 and go away in WoD?

Fjordson

Some people have talent.

kd-stanton-aaaaa-20.jpg

the_old_orgrimmar_by_zippo514-d80g8e3.jpg
Wow, these are excellent.

I love artwork of sci-fi/fantasy cities and villages like that bottom one.

edit: and thanks for a new iPhone wallpaper!

Entropia

No One Remembers
It mentions that a level 90 UBRS will be available between 6.0 and WoD. There's no other examples of this kind of thing? Is there a full list of stuff that will activate in 6.0 and go away in WoD?

One other thing I believe is that Blackfathom Deeps got changed as well.

What's being removed: http://www.wowhead.com/news=242815/...mounts-pets-transmog-gear-titles-achievements

What's being added: http://www.wowhead.com/news=243432/guide-to-whats-coming-in-the-warlords-of-draenor-6-0-2-prepatch

StMeph

The more I think about it, the more I think UBRS will be an easy LFG and you'll be able to be carried through it at lower levels. Just seems like a way to get people gear quickly to go into the new Heroic/Mythic raiding. I don't know, I have no desire to do SoO anymore after doing it for so long. New difficulty or not.

It will also help fresh 90s when they go to WoD, but if it's anything like beta? Even lowbie LFR shit makes you unstoppable in those WoD starting zones.

The pre-patch UBRS looks like it drops ilevel 550 blues, with the same item skins as existing UBRS items it replaces.

There also aren't any new difficulties to SoO. The new Heroic is the same as the old Normal, just with Flex-type scaling. The current Flex is being re-branded as Normal, and Mythic is the same as Heroic, only it requires 20 people, no more, no less, completely doing away with 25- and 10- man versions of it.

For the Brawler's Guild update, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the rewards are being pushed out with the pre-patch as well? That would mean you can buy the new Garrison follower and the updated level-100-required ilevel 630 ring to wait for you at level cap without re-doing the level 100 Brawler's?

ampere

Will I be able to do any of the pre-WoD event stuff as a fresh level 90? I'm 79 now, and I think I should be able to hit 90 before next Tuesday. Also is there a guide for the event stuff somewhere?

Well, for example I was just reading this post on the WoW homepage about new dungeons in WoD. This part is about the level 100 UBRS coming:

You should be able to. I think level 90 UBRS drops 550 ilevel gear. Guide: http://www.wowhead.com/news=243432/guide-to-whats-coming-in-the-warlords-of-draenor-6-0-2-prepatch

The stuff coming in 6.0 and leaving at launch of WoD are: Blasted Lands events and level 90 UBRS runs. Then there's some 10th anniversary stuff you have to be level 100 to do and that is coming later, probably in December.

Thanks for the rough outline. Sounds like the goal is to keep trading up in pet levels until you can reliably take down 25s to grind what you need. Are you killing them for XP, or capturing them to leapfrog content?

You capture rares and kill everything else. Capturing rares can be a bit of a hassle with an underleveled team so you need 3 pretty tanky pets strong to the enemy attacks so you don't lose your entire team.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The WoW Anniversary event will run from November 21 until January 6

Plenty of time to get your mount on. I'm just curious how MC will play out in that LFG environment. They will have to strip out ALL the mechanics if it's just something you can queue up for. And are you going to have to do every boss fight? I would assume not.

I think the garrisons also need to have an 'equipment' dummy. Something like Skyrim and Oblivion had where you can just display armor you have on it. I'd much rather have that to show off with than the stable thing, honestly.

StayDead

I can't work it out from this, but they're not removing old MC right? I just made a hunter and want the set from there when I get to it :p

Wunder

Fuck, uni restarting means I have almost 0 time for WoW now. I only have like one or two days where I can get a solid 3-4 hours in. Hope I can finish my cloak in time.

StayDead

No, the "new" one is just a special limited-time only thing for the anniversary. Old one should still be there as always.

Awesome.

I've skipped out and missed most of the Pandaria content, but I want to keep active in WoD and I certainly don't want to lose old MC. Losing old Shadowfang Keep and Scarlet Monestary was kinda sad coming back to find that.

Ultratech

The only thing that was sorta like that was the Theramore scenario for the MoP pre-patch.

Plenty of time to get your mount on. I'm just curious how MC will play out in that LFG environment. They will have to strip out ALL the mechanics if it's just something you can queue up for. And are you going to have to do every boss fight? I would assume not.

I'm quite curious about it as well.

With 40 random people in there, it's gonna be even more of a mess than the 25-man LFRs unless it's just a complete faceroll or something else.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm quite curious about it as well.

With 40 random people in there, it's gonna be even more of a mess than the 25-man LFRs unless it's just a complete faceroll or something else.

It's gotta be. You can't even get 25 people to do Spoils, Dark Shaman, or Galakras right. No way can you get 40 people to time killing Corehounds together. Every boss will be a tank and spank, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Rag. The main reason being it's Group Finder content, so it's not like it's content that 'oh you'll have no trouble if you take a raiding guild' since you can only queue with 5 people max for a LFR.

StayDead

Levelling a Draenei seems really dull. I guess they never changed the starting areas for them and belfs (I made a belf back in TBC) with Cataclysm but all the quests are so spread out and it takes forever to get anywhere.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Can't wait to see the 6.0 patch trailer.

:)

Th-this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ

They don't do X.0 patch trailers, they do the cinematics.

Levelling a Draenei seems really dull. I guess they never changed the starting areas for them and belfs (I made a belf back in TBC) with Cataclysm but all the quests are so spread out and it takes forever to get anywhere.

I like that you can go wherever you want though, it's not like Worgen/Goblin who are locked into their starting areas until level 20.

Enosh

I just gtfo at level 5 to any of the other starting zones
(have 9 draenei at 90 ^^)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think I have... 6? 90 Male Orcs. Shaman, Warlock, DK, Warrior, Hunter, Monk.

I'd have some goblins, but the male Orcs always just look better in all gear sets.

inter

What's the relative "difficulty" of DK tanking vs. warrior tanking? I played a DK through WOTLK and really enjoyed it (but only as DPS), but haven't played a ton during MOP outside of a little bit of warrior tanking off and on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's the relative "difficulty" of DK tanking vs. warrior tanking? I played a DK through WOTLK and really enjoyed it (but only as DPS), but haven't played a ton during MOP outside of a little bit of warrior tanking off and on.

My old GM/Main tank has a tank of every spec, and he found DK to be painfully easy. So much that his name was like 'dndandbblol'. Brewmaster was his favorite, but he played a warrior because warriors are one of the best, if not the best, for tanking Heroic Garrosh.

TheYanger

My old GM/Main tank has a tank of every spec, and he found DK to be painfully easy. So much that his name was like 'dndandbblol'. Brewmaster was his favorite, but he played a warrior because warriors are one of the best, if not the best, for tanking Heroic Garrosh.
Your old gm was awful at dk, guaranteed

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think one of the most underappreciated things about WoD is the tooltip space. How your talents now just say how it effects the spec you're playing instead of every spec.

darksagus

I finally got my wave 30 endless damage achiev before it goes away, I wish I had time to get the tank and healer ones. I'd like to have my warrior wear the proven healer title.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any green fire locks know if the Black Harvest title is in beta? FoS isn't showing up for me, so I assume it's not in yet.

ampere

I finally got my wave 30 endless damage achiev before it goes away, I wish I had time to get the tank and healer ones. I'd like to have my warrior wear the proven healer title.

Well... none of them are going away :).

You will get a Legacy achievement that says you did it at 90, but all can still be done after 6.0.

cdyhybrid

Finally got to 60 and used my expansion boost on my Warrior. Off to a decent start, replaced about half of my boost gear with Timeless Isle stuff. Tomorrow I'll just be trying to use OQueue to kill world bosses and hitting up LFRs.

I just need to start the legendary cloak quest before 6.0 right? And then I have until WoD actually releases to finish it?

KAP151

Finally got to 60 and used my expansion boost on my Warrior. Off to a decent start, replaced about half of my boost gear with Timeless Isle stuff. Tomorrow I'll just be trying to use OQueue to kill world bosses and hitting up LFRs.

I just need to start the legendary cloak quest before 6.0 right? And then I have until WoD actually releases to finish it?

The valor part of the quest requires 3000 valor (which will take you 3 weeks). With the patch removing valor and rumoured to hit on Tuesday you might be outta luck.

Or I might be wrong.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I need to stop playing so much of the beta since I know I'm going to have to relevel through it. But now that almost all the leveling stuff is done with the voice acting and cutscenes, it's really hard not to.

Artanisix

Just wanted to confirm here that I was easily able to solo ICC25H Lich King on the premade ilvl 461 warrior on the PTR.

Time to get farmin' dat Invincible boyz.

TheYanger

Why? because his GM found a certain class easier to play than the others?

Dont see what's so ridiculous about that statement.

Because anyone that is that reductive about class mechanics like that (and based on the name, flat out wrong even if in jest) is inevitably ACTUALLY just shit tier at the class.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Why? because his GM found a certain class easier to play than the others?

Dont see what's so ridiculous about that statement.

Because anyone that is that reductive about class mechanics like that (and based on the name, flat out wrong even if in jest) is inevitably ACTUALLY just shit tier at the class.

It's true. When someone does the "X class is so easy/dumb, its just x, y, z, ability" it usually means they don't know what they're doing.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
How about Frostmages? I played nearly every class of the game to 90 and frostmages really seemed the easiest one to play.

I don't know if you're being serious or not. The difference between a good mage and a bad mage is night and day. Maybe specifically PvE?

A lot of people do PvE OR PvP but if you don't know how to play your class in both you don't know how to play your class.

Yeah i meant in PvE. I always felt frostmages in MoP arent as deep in terms of rotation and mechanics as other dps classes are. Like just casting bomb on CD and spamming frostbolt until things proc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom