• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

I used to love my frost mage back in TBC. I wasn't on an amazing server but overall I was one of the best mages on it and back then everyone played fire but I managed to do decent DPS with Frost and I loved it. Theeeeeen I fell out of love with DPS and became a Resto druid :p

Felspawn

inSTWaFFSpKRa.gif

I just got my druid to 90 and was considering leveling him first in WOD, this makes the decision much easier.

Pretty sure that's an exploit that's going to be patched, i wouldnt get too worked up about it

ampere

Yeah i meant in PvE. I always felt frostmages in MoP arent as deep in terms of rotation and mechanics as other dps classes are. Like just casting bomb on CD and spamming frostbolt until things proc.

There's also using your Elemental's Freeze spell properly, using CDs well, etc.

Just like any class really! The core of the PvE rotation isn't very difficult, but neither are most specs.

Pretty sure that's an exploit that's going to be patched, i wouldnt get too worked up about it

Exploit? It's just a glyph that gives Boomkins slowfall. I don't think it will be removed... http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=164997

I would say that in PVE most of the classes at this point have been dumbed down significantly. I mean look at how both cat druids and rogues even have their positioning requirements removed for the 6.0 patch. PVP/Arena is obviously a completely different story, and requires a level of skill most players never attain.

Plus, I always thought paladin tanking (post-WOTLK) was the easiest.

Anyway, resubbed and pre-ordered WoD, so I'm jumping back down the rabbit hole. Deciding between my 90 monk, mage or hunter, or leveling up my 84 priest who split main duties with my 85 druid in WOTLK.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Finally got my cape done. Is there any reward to killing Garrosh for the quest?

Also, has anyone else had massive CPU spikes from an idle Battle.net agent?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
My girlfriend is having terrible luck with Titanstones. Still only at 5/12.

Hopefully she can get her cloak before the quests are shut down once the expansion release. Why did they have to do something like that? I can understand stopping people from starting the quest chain, but that?

Finally got my cape done. Is there any reward to killing Garrosh for the quest?

Also, has anyone else had massive CPU spikes from an idle Battle.net agent?

You need to kill Garrosh and complete the quest to acquire the title "Legend of Pandaria" prior to the release of Warlords (pretty sure expac launch, not 6.0) http://wod.wowhead.com/title=444#comments

And yes, I just noticed that the Battle.net Agent/Launcher was soaking a crapton of CPU when my laptop fans starting going for no good reason.

StMeph

Lol can you blame him for being done with Pandaria, i know i am :p

I liked MoP's setting and zones, though I didn't really like the Mantid. It has worn out its welcome (thanks, SoO), though, so bring on Draenor..

Hopefully she can get her cloak before the quests are shut down once the expansion release. Why did they have to do something like that? I can understand stopping people from starting the quest chain, but that?

There's still 4 weeks left, and 2 stones are guaranteed per week, so she should be able to finish before WoD's release without any reliance on RNG.

Bisnic

I liked MoP's setting and zones, though I didn't really like the Mantid. It has worn out its welcome (thanks, SoO), though, so bring on Draenor..

There's still 4 weeks left, and 2 stones are guaranteed per week, so she should be able to finish before WoD's release without any reliance on RNG.

Yeah.... that's still extremely too close to launch date. Hopefully, people are still killing the Celestials in the last few days of MoP for that quest that requires to kill all of them.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Yeah.... that's still extremely too close to launch date. Hopefully, people are still killing the Celestials in the last few days of MoP for that quest that requires to kill all of them.
You can queue for Celestials through the Raid tab (I think 'O' is the default key to bring it up)

I had no clue this was possible until I hit that part of the quest.

Cause they're being assholes. I was bitching about this the other day. They should let people finish the quest.

Felspawn

The RNG gods are fickle, i got 6 out of 12 stones last week. Went into Pinacle of the storm and got 3 out of 3 stones :) , then did the Dark Animus wing and was 0/3 :( Hopefully i'll get the last 3 i need from SoO.

Bisnic

So the green fire hawk is the 250 mount reward?

FUCK.

I gotta figure out how to get 250 mounts.

I'm still trying to get to 200. Only 29 more to go. Will probably get it with easy-to-obtain WoD mounts and other older expansions raid/dungeon/achievement mounts.

Seems like that without those TCG, the ones sold for 100k+ gold and Battle.net mounts, it's literally impossible to reach 250.

Kraftwerk

Because anyone that is that reductive about class mechanics like that (and based on the name, flat out wrong even if in jest) is inevitably ACTUALLY just shit tier at the class.

It's true. When someone does the "X class is so easy/dumb, its just x, y, z, ability" it usually means they don't know what they're doing.

Again, your comments are weird. I know a dude who started playing just before SoO came out, and he is an incredible feral druid. He just picked it up naturally. Does that mean its an easy class to play? No, but to him its easy.

I play a warrior, and have been told I am a very good warrior tank dozens of times. I just find the class easy to play, hell..even boring at times. Thats just me. Thats why I am changing my main to a brewmaster tank, which is more challanging to me, but isnt challenging to my friend who is a 14/14hm monk tank.

Everyone's different. I know its a game, so who gives a shit. But It just bugs me when people assume others are "ACTUALLY JUST SHIT TIER" at their class when they find it easy to play. I actually hear this comment a lot in game. Especially when I fuck with my friends, and tell them how their class is 'easy' to play. People get really offended. heh.

Anyway....

Why....aren't they announcing the patch date yet...please Blizzard.

Please ;___;

I hit level 80 last night. Assuming I manage to make it to level 90 by about Saturday, how likely is that that I will be able to do whatever is necessary to start the legendary questline by Tuesday (when 6.0 is expected to hit), and then complete the questline before MoP hits?

Bisnic

I hit level 80 last night. Assuming I manage to make it to level 90 by about Saturday, how likely is that that I will be able to do whatever is necessary to start the legendary questline by Tuesday (when 6.0 is expected to hit), and then complete the questline before MoP hits?

There's literally no chance I assume thanks to all the shit that you have to get from raids, and you can't get everythng in a single week. Unless they somehow boost the droprate of these to 100% once patch 6.0 hit.

ampere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLm73kqbikQ

I hope this isn't fully true :X In a nutshell-All the reps end up with grinding mobs.

Pretty sure all the reps are like Shaohao. Optional with a few cosmetic goodies/pets/mounts. So you don't really have to do any of them, and it's supposed to be Timeless Isle style with rares spawning and such.

That video is very negative, and maybe it will be boring, but I'm going to wait and see. Timeless Isle is actually fun with a few friends and boring alone, so it could just be like that.

You'll be riding some RNG train for sure, but I think it's possible. If you hit 90 on Saturday your goal should be to collect the 10 sigils of power and wisdom and then the Sha of Fear thing. Also gring the Black Prince rep up on the Thunder Isle.

That way when 6.0 hits and "Test of Valor" (a quest that takes a minimum of 3 weeks) is removed you can immediately start then next parts which I think are the PvP BG win quests. You might not be successful if your luck is awful, but I think it is possible for you to finish.

StMeph

Start it? 100%. You get the breadcrumb immediately upon hitting 90. Complete it? Basically nil.

There are three major collection phases.

1, you need to farm 10x of two different items. This can be done from T14-16 content, so it's relatively quick at 1-2 weeks.
2, you need to farm 20x of an item, only possible from 20 bosses with 2 guaranteed. Expect 3-4 weeks.
3, you need 12x of an item, possible from 14 bosses with 2 guaranteed. Another 3-4 weeks.

There is no way to accelerate the process. You can't get an item for a different phase from the same boss in the same week you collected an item for an earlier phase. You are entirely at the mercy of RNG.

Atleast with grinding mobs you can get it done as quick as you want.

I hate rep grinding with dailies. It takes FOREVER.

Pretty sure all the reps are like Shaohao. Optional with a few cosmetic goodies/pets/mounts. So you don't really have to do any of them, and it's supposed to be Timeless Isle style with rares spawning and such.

That video is very negative, and maybe it will be boring, but I'm going to wait and see. Timeless Isle is actually fun with a few friends and boring alone, so it could just be like that.

On the one hand, if you don't need it for the best enchants/profession things that's fine. On the other hand, I absolutely abhor the Shahao rep.

TheYanger

Again, your comments are weird. I know a dude who started playing just before SoO came out, and he is an incredible feral druid. He just picked it up naturally. Does that mean its an easy class to play? No, but to him its easy.

I play a warrior, and have been told I am a very good warrior tank dozens of times. I just find the class easy to play, hell..even boring at times. Thats just me. Thats why I am changing my main to a brewmaster tank, which is more challanging to me, but isnt challenging to my friend who is a 14/14hm monk tank.

Everyone's different. I know its a game, so who gives a shit. But It just bugs me when people assume others are "ACTUALLY JUST SHIT TIER" at their class when they find it easy to play. I actually hear this comment a lot in game. Especially when I fuck with my friends, and tell them how their class is 'easy' to play. People get really offended. heh.

Anyway....

Why....aren't they announcing the patch date yet...please Blizzard.

Please ;___;

You're talking about something very different to say that someone is good at a class vs someone acting like they hit 2 buttons (or 5 buttons or anything like that for that matter). There is nuance in every class at this point, I'll personally agree that Brewmasters are complex as fuck compared to all 4 other tanks, (I don't think it makes them more fun fwiw), but it's completely incorrect to be like 'lol dnd and bb.' Lots of people get hyperbolic and say 'x is easy' when debating the game or whatever, but anyone that staunchly believes it or throws it around at people to make them seem worse or something? Guaranteed does not know what the hell they're saying.

No offense to your feral druid friend either, but in all likelihood there is still a lot he could improve on too - there are virtually no players in this game, of any class, that are absolutely top of the line. WoW is almost the epitome of easy to learn difficult to master because there are always more layers to add on when you think you've plateaued. I would say the same of your last comment - if you tell someone that some class they play and you don't is easy to play, it's actually just making you seem like both an ass and misinformed, pretty sure I can go check some warcraft logs and not see you on top of the lists for any spec on any fight. The fact that it's always the same people up there too? That's how you know it's not just rng or anything silly, they legitimately play the game better because there's that much room to grow.

I would say that in PVE most of the classes at this point have been dumbed down significantly. I mean look at how both cat druids and rogues even have their positioning requirements removed for the 6.0 patch. PVP/Arena is obviously a completely different story, and requires a level of skill most players never attain.

Plus, I always thought paladin tanking (post-WOTLK) was the easiest.

Anyway, resubbed and pre-ordered WoD, so I'm jumping back down the rabbit hole. Deciding between my 90 monk, mage or hunter, or leveling up my 84 priest who split main duties with my 85 druid in WOTLK.

That's the thing though, positional requirements aren't really gone, it just means bosses without backs can be a thing again, or strategically standing in front of a mob. As long as parries exist, ALL melee are 'required' to be behind a mob to not suck.

WoW is almost the epitome of easy to learn difficult to master because there are always more layers to add on when you think you've plateaued.

Oh, most definitely. I remember when I was waaay hardcore into the game, it's a few things-
1-You have to learn the rotation. The simplest thing.
2-You have to figure out when to use cooldowns. Varies fight by fight, and on how you handle your rotation.
3-You have to learn the timings of your procs.
4-Finally, using all of this in conjunction in order to get the most out of the class.
5-Even then, you have to keep your eyes and ears open for when people discover new tricks and what not. I think it happened recently with fire, where using Combustion at the right time yielded huuuuuuge DPS gains?

Although the proc effects might be a bit less..important if they're removing snapshotting from all classes.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I resubbed and started the Legendary questline on September 1st and I finished it October 7th. That was with the Test of Valor step.

Kraftwerk

You're talking about something very different to say that someone is good at a class vs someone acting like they hit 2 buttons (or 5 buttons or anything like that for that matter). There is nuance in every class at this point, I'll personally agree that Brewmasters are complex as fuck compared to all 4 other tanks, (I don't think it makes them more fun fwiw), but it's completely incorrect to be like 'lol dnd and bb.' Lots of people get hyperbolic and say 'x is easy' when debating the game or whatever, but anyone that staunchly believes it or throws it around at people to make them seem worse or something? Guaranteed does not know what the hell they're saying.

No offense to your feral druid friend either, but in all likelihood there is still a lot he could improve on too - there are virtually no players in this game, of any class, that are absolutely top of the line. WoW is almost the epitome of easy to learn difficult to master because there are always more layers to add on when you think you've plateaued. I would say the same of your last comment - if you tell someone that some class they play and you don't is easy to play, it's actually just making you seem like both an ass and misinformed, pretty sure I can go check some warcraft logs and not see you on top of the lists for any spec on any fight. The fact that it's always the same people up there too? That's how you know it's not just rng or anything silly, they legitimately play the game better because there's that much room to grow.

When did I say that he was the best feral druid?

We are arguing because you said when someone finds a class easy to play, they are guaranteed to be shit tier. Which I don't agree with, since everyone is different and for some it can actually be easier to play than others.

And since you went ahead and called me and ass and misinformed, I did rank in the top 100 on a few fights, but I wasn't here to prove anything. Whatever. Pointless discussion.

Felspawn

I resubbed and started the Legendary questline on September 1st and I finished it October 7th. That was with the Test of Valor step.

yeah i call BS on that. test of valor is 3 weeks of valor, not to mention you cant double dip on different difficulty levels for Titan stones, Secrets of the empire and the other stones to grind. no way.

That way when 6.0 hits and "Test of Valor" (a quest that takes a minimum of 3 weeks) is removed you can immediately start then next parts which I think are the PvP BG win quests. You might not be successful if your luck is awful, but I think it is possible for you to finish.

Whoa whoa whoa. If there's a pvp requirement, I'm outtie. Thanks for saving me some time.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I remembered I got a free week or 10 days from Customer Service before I resubbed, so I'm off a little. I might have already had a couple of the first raid drops from two years ago in my bag. I'm not sure.

I did Secrets in two weeks (11 first week, 9 second) with enough bosses left over to get 2 Runestones on the second week. Then I got 6 runestones the second week on the quest and finished them yesterday.

EDIT: I was a week off because of the free week.

Felspawn

Whoa whoa whoa. If there's a pvp requirement, I'm outtie. Thanks for saving me some time.

Yeah unfortunately you have to win 2 BGs, how much of a Pita that is depends on your server. My Horde alt did it on the first try, my alliance mains took all night. still in the grand scheme of this grind , its hardly the worst part of it (the 3000 points of Valor would take that honor)

Yeah unfortunately you have to win 2 BGs, how much of a Pita that is depends on your server. My Horde alt did it on the first try, my alliance mains took all night. still in the grand scheme of this grind , its hardly the worst part of it (the 3000 points of Valor would take that honor)

I basically just don't pvp, full stop. Even if it's easy, it's a dealbreaker for me. I will take 3 weeks worth of grinding over 3 hours of pvp. I hate it that much.

vocab

I basically just don't pvp, full stop. Even if it's easy, it's a dealbreaker for me. I will take 3 weeks worth of grinding over 3 hours of pvp. I hate it that much.

You think any top raiders enjoyed it as well? A lot of people like my self just flat out don't like pvp anymore. It's two games that you can just do whatever, and win if you are lucky.

Bisnic

Dude, even if you fucking hate PVP, you can just play it like its a hard PVE mode if you want. Just hit stuff, kill stuff, die (a lot), and eventually you'll get your wins.

Wow, so salty for having to do something other than PvE quests, raids and scenarios. :lol

Not willing to partake in something doesn't mean I'm salty about it. Just means I don't do it. I'm actually happy I found out about the requirement so I didn't get halfway through the questline and then find out about it after I had spent some effort on it. Not really trying to start a debate or anything, bottom line is I just don't pvp. I dont' see what the big deal is.

Tamanon

Banned
The quest should just be to complete the battleground, or get a kill count in them. It would make it less frustrating and still convince people to at least dip their toes in the PvP.

Felspawn

agreed. Having said that Blizzard has acknowledged it was a bad idea. PvEers hated it because its pvp. and PVPers hated it because now matches were flooded with poorly geared (or just not pvp geared) people that would be fodder. I wouldnt expect to see another requirement like that any time soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom