• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just make a wargame with people from your guild/friends and let the side that needs to complete the quest win...

TBH I didn't mind it that much, but I can see how it frustrated some people.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Not willing to partake in something doesn't mean I'm salty about it. Just means I don't do it. I'm actually happy I found out about the requirement so I didn't get halfway through the questline and then find out about it after I had spent some effort on it. Not really trying to start a debate or anything, bottom line is I just don't pvp. I dont' see what the big deal is.

Maybe you should just get gud ^__^

TheYanger

When did I say that he was the best feral druid?

We are arguing because you said when someone finds a class easy to play, they are guaranteed to be shit tier. Which I don't agree with, since everyone is different and for some it can actually be easier to play than others.

And since you went ahead and called me and ass and misinformed, I did rank in the top 100 on a few fights, but I wasn't here to prove anything. Whatever. Pointless discussion.
No, I said someone that is derisive and dismissive of the mechanics of a class inevitably doesn't know much about it. There's a big difference. It's like the people that act like wow is easy, they clearly have no clue what they're talking about.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I really don't get why people got so upset about the PvP portion of the legendary questline. It was TWO battlegrounds. If you can't stomach that, than you don't deserve the legendary.

Also BlizzCon schedule/map posted. Pretty light on the WoW stuff. :(

I really don't get why people got so upset about the PvP portion of the legendary questline. It was TWO battlegrounds. If you can't stomach that, than you don't deserve the legendary.

This comment doesn't make much sense. It's not good game design to force people to do something they think isn't fun. This in the very high level general sense. Whether it was 2 battlegrounds of 20 battlegrounds doesn't really make a difference. There's a reason that PvP servers and PvE servers are segregated. WoW has been out for how many years now? Can you think of a single other example of anything ever where a PvE item was walled behind PvP content? Let that sink in for a minute. They tried an experiment here, and people apparently didn't like it. I believe it speaks for itself.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No, I said someone that is derisive and dismissive of the mechanics of a class inevitably doesn't know much about it. There's a big difference. It's like the people that act like wow is easy, they clearly have no clue what they're talking about.
I've played Elemental Shaman longer than probably anyone on here. I'm secure enough in my playing that I can say that it is incredibly easy and simple, and I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

This comment doesn't make much sense. It's not good game design to force people to do something they think isn't fun.

Leveling, rep grind, trade skills, farming, etc.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This comment doesn't make much sense. It's not good game design to force people to do something they think isn't fun. This in the very high level general sense. Whether it was 2 battlegrounds of 20 battlegrounds doesn't really make a difference. There's a reason that PvP servers and PvE servers are segregated. WoW has been out for how many years now? Can you think of a single other example of anything ever where a PvE item was walled behind PvP content? Let that sink in for a minute. They tried an experiment here, and people apparently didn't like it. I believe it speaks for itself.

I think it's also fair to say that you are definitely in a minority, being so completely stubborn that you refuse to even entertain the idea of getting through a very minor pvp step of a much larger PvE chain.

"forcing people to do something they don't think is fun" definitely applies to all sorts of shit in MMORPG's. Any form of grinding you'd rather not do, but do anyway because you want the end result. Is doing weeks of Throne of Thunder *fun* when the only reason you are in there is because you need secrets/runestones? lolnope.

ampere

Also BlizzCon schedule/map posted. Pretty light on the WoW stuff. :(

Yea not sure if I'll even get the digital ticket this year.

I'm sure the meeting people and partying part will still be fun for ya!

I think it's also fair to say that you are definitely in a minority, being so completely stubborn that you refuse to even entertain the idea of getting through a very minor pvp step of a much larger PvE chain.

"forcing people to do something they don't think is fun" definitely applies to all sorts of shit in MMORPG's. Any form of grinding you'd rather not do, but do anyway because you want the end result. Is doing weeks of Throne of Thunder *fun* when the only reason you are in there is because you need secrets/runestones? lolnope.

Regardless of whether or not I'm in the minority, it still stands that in 10 years they've only done this exactly ONCE, and until this they've always created a very strong boundary between PvP and PvE content. I'm not a WoW historian so I may be wrong here, so let me know if you can think of another example. Once in 10 years speaks for itself.

Destiny has a similar marriage of PvP and PvE, and guess what? All the PvE players hate it. This is not a surprise. It's not even a surprise to Blizzard, they had the foresight to know that people like to keep the content separate, hence why in 10 years they've never done it before. They tried an experiment this time. Which is fine, they're allowed to experiment. Hopefully the results of that experiment confirmed that their 10 years of keeping the content separate are the right direction for the game.

BTW, I like grinding.

Well unless they have stuff that's not on the official schedule in the open block after the opening ceremony. But that seems unlikely.

So yeah, mostly D3/SC2 expac stuff it seems and WoW content will be pretty light. Probably some details on the first patch though.

Besides more Heroes of the Storm stuff and a decent chance of info on any upcoming Hearthstone expansions/changes.

Price tag probably too steep for me right now, especially since I'll be shelling out for the expansion itself here pretty soon anyway. All the info gets on MMO-Champ and whatnot, only thing you really miss out on is knowing the exact second something is revealed. The contests and other shit like that is completely extraneous.

Fjordson

PvP is basically zero fun for me these days in WoW, so that part of the legendary questline was sort of a bummer.

Luckily it's only two battegrounds, so meh. Went by pretty quickly.

StayDead

The problem with the PvP quests was it was in a bad battleground and if you were in a terrible imbalanced battlegroup you'd never win them. My mate got stuck doing temple like 8 weeks in a row with no wins.

-NeoTB1-

Yeah, I don't PvP at all anymore so I was kinda ticked that they included it in the legendary quest line. It wasn't that difficult or time consuming (unless you are Alliance...) but I am glad they are removing it for WoD's version. No reason to mix the two. In fact, I'd even advocate that they make one for both PvE and PvP. But who knows what sort of balancing issues that may cause.

Getting hyped for 6.0.2. Hope it's next Tuesday!

Ultratech

I'm still trying to get to 200. Only 29 more to go. Will probably get it with easy-to-obtain WoD mounts and other older expansions raid/dungeon/achievement mounts.

Seems like that without those TCG, the ones sold for 100k+ gold and Battle.net mounts, it's literally impossible to reach 250.

You're about in the same boat I am.

Been slowly working my way towards 200 mounts.
Think I'm at 170 mounts now?

If I ever manage to stay on the Argent Tourney stuff for more than a week or two at a time, that'd help fill in some holes.

Yeah...I mean, it was kinda annoying, but not the worst thing in the world that some people made it out to be.

(It could've been far worse, I'm sure.)

The problem with the PvP quests was it was in a bad battleground and if you were in a terrible imbalanced battlegroup you'd never win them. My mate got stuck doing temple like 8 weeks in a row with no wins.

There is some truth to this.

I know it took me a little while to win one of the BGs because my Horde battlegroup is shitty in general.

That said, you kinda have to luck out eventually (or do them when hardly anyone else is on).

God I hope rep grinding is done via killing mobs. I loved grinding my timeless isle rep on my tank. One of the main reasons I made a paladin tank back in BC is because they had amazing ability to tank tons and tons of mobs simultaneously. Would be nice to put that to more use.

antonz

This is a serious issue for sure. I am in one of those battlegroups. Fiends took forever to complete the pvp stage of the legendary. I was the luckiest dude ever though. First time in temple somehow my team pulled it out of their ass to 4 cap the horde.

Hixx

God I hope rep grinding is done via killing mobs. I loved grinding my timeless isle rep on my tank. One of the main reasons I made a paladin tank back in BC is because they had amazing ability to tank tons and tons of mobs simultaneously. Would be nice to put that to more use.

At the moment it is.

Personally I wish dailies were still there, just less of them.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
At the moment it is.

Personally I wish dailies were still there, just less of them.

This is probably what will keep me from playing the expansion for very long. For casual solo end-game stuff, I want *some* sort of structure. Timeless isle was cool for about a week, then bored me to tears. Hearing that solo-end game content is basically all done in that style means I'm probably only going to stay subbed for a couple months tops since I'm not a hardcore raider.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kinda bummed about Legacy Achievements being character-bound. I get it, but it just makes me more hesitant to ever switch mains because I like seeing stuff like that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There have been times, usually at the beginning of their expac or after a talent respec in WoW where a class has turned from super complex or sort of complex to hit 2-3 buttons, win in PVE. It never lasts too long but is always a fun ride. Warlocks seem to get hit with this buff often.

vocab

There have been times, usually at the beginning of their expac or after a talent respec in WoW where a class has turned from super complex or sort of complex to hit 2-3 buttons, win in PVE. It never lasts too long but is always a fun ride. Warlocks seem to get hit with this buff often.

Warlocks need to be bottom of the meters in all of WOD, and should be the ones who only focus on the mechanics while everyone else has fun. They had their time to shine in SoO. Let other people enjoy the meters.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Warlocks need to be bottom of the meters in all of WOD, and should be the ones who only focus on the mechanics while everyone else has fun. They had their time to shine in SoO. Let other people enjoy the meters.

They've had a brief or not so brief spotlight multiple times in the past, it's crazy. Then they always get nerfed into oblivion only to rise again. This in itself is nothing too crazy as it's happened with other classes before but the ease of use whenever Warlocks get this buff is something to behold. The rotations always end up being simple/the math is just favorable enough on some combination to make them super easy. It's bonkers. It's happened at least once in almost every version of the game too, they get a raid set or two where they just become amazing.

ch0mp

The best PvP trinkets in the game were from heroic raids for quite a while, until they started giving them PvP specifics nerfs late in MoP. The legendaries in cata (both multiple months of raid farming) were also best in slot for PvP. Essentially PvP items behind a much larger wall. You have to win a whole 2 bgs, it's really not that bad.

The warlock buff in vanilla.. never forget..

Beat me to it. Warlock was the most broken fucking class and was hard to play. Unlocking things for the class was awesome, however. I loved how getting the infernal was such a challenge and so rewarding once you actually got it. I'll never forget raiding Astranaar with my guild after I got it just for the fuck of it. There was no honor in the game, no structured PVP at all, no BG's, you just killed people for the fun of killing people.

Then I let my infernal shit in their moonwell.

Good times.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The best PvP trinkets in the game were from heroic raids for quite a while, until they started giving them PvP specifics nerfs late in MoP. The legendaries in cata (both multiple months of raid farming) were also best in slot for PvP. Essentially PvP items behind a much larger wall. You have to win a whole 2 bgs, it's really not that bad.

Let's not forget Shadowmourne or glaives here either.

If you're boohooing over having to do 2 bgs you're complaining for the sake of it, it's not the most annoying part of that quest, for sure.

Shadowmourne rustles my jimmies. 1st time I was ever 1st in line to get a legendary and the fucking thing was replaced before the god damn expansion ended.

Entropia

No One Remembers
After the start of a shitty raid night, we killed Garrosh for a second time and I got the mount and the caster staff heirloom! :D

What could you possibly have replaced Shadowmourne with? There definitely wasnt' anything better until Cata.

Maybe I'm foggy on the past but I remember in theorycrafting that there was a weapon that was better in heroic modes. I didn't do heroics so it was still BIS for me until Cata but it still sucks that it was replaced pretty much instantly by the 1st green weapon I got.

TheYanger

Maybe I'm foggy on the past but I remember in theorycrafting that there was a weapon that was better in heroic modes. I didn't do heroics so it was still BIS for me until Cata but it still sucks that it was replaced pretty much instantly by the 1st green weapon I got.

There's no way, it's the same ilevel as the HLK weapons and it had the insane proc on top of it (and triple red sockets). Bryntroll had a proc that made it overperform, but it was still 0 secondary stats and bad sockets along with being 7 ilevels lower. Shadowmourne was a beast.

Legendary weapons that aren't in the last tier warp the game too much too imo. encourages stacking legendaries and poaching players with them. Look at the nonsense that happened with the Firelands staff and to a lesser extent the Warglaives (poaching was more limited back then, but people did it a ton for those things).

That's pretty good haha

There's no way, it's the same ilevel as the HLK weapons and it had the insane proc on top of it (and triple red sockets). Bryntroll had a proc that made it overperform, but it was still 0 secondary stats and bad sockets along with being 7 ilevels lower. Shadowmourne was a beast.

Legendary weapons that aren't in the last tier warp the game too much too imo. encourages stacking legendaries and poaching players with them. Look at the nonsense that happened with the Firelands staff and to a lesser extent the Warglaives (poaching was more limited back then, but people did it a ton for those things).

That's pretty good haha

I was almost completely absent from Cata. I got to max level, got entry-raid-level ready, and quit. Just didn't enjoy it.

You sound more educated than I do so I guess I'm wrong. Perhaps I was just salty about how fast it got replaced in Cata.

I think with how the raid structure and climate has changed since BC/WoTLK, It's just fine to put legendaries in before last tier. If I bust my ass for a legendary, I want it to last a long ass time. I want to reap the benefits of an item that is far superior to others for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom