• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Eh not feeling it personally.

Going to rock my current xmog (CM gear blend) and the new CM weapons.
At least it's something to aspire to. The Tier 17 Shaman sets are all so blandly 'Shaman.' A huge missed opportunity with all the Draenor Shaman themes they could have gone. Just another tier where I'll be wearing the Dark Shaman set, I guess.
CM Fists look pretty lame compared to the Blackrock Fists, so I got no interest in those. I'm curious how you'll pick your reward weapon for doing CMs. Is it based off the spec you played, or do you just get a token like the birds? Like if I do them as Ele again, but I use them on a fist weapon or something since my main spec is Enhancement. The weapons I would want would be the 2h mace and the shield for my warrior, but it's like, do you get both as prot or do you have to play fury to get the 2h weapon?

More interested in the mount than anything else when it comes to the WoD CMs.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Mythic should be fun next week. I'm not even sure we will have 20 on until wod.

same, will probably do heroic with whoever comes online so people get used to new rotations, mains etc.

Yup. I think we're at like 15-17 people total.

Guild recruitment is kind of at an odd spot right now. I think most 10 mans are looking to recruit the additional 10 players which is completely understandable considering these guilds would have gotten together back in Cata in 2010.

At best, you're going to get those few 5'ish players that got cut from the existing 25 man guilds

Peachpies

Yup. I think we're at like 15-17 people total.

Guild recruitment is kind of at an odd spot right now. I think most 10 mans are looking to recruit the additional 10 players which is completely understandable considering these guilds would have gotten together back in Cata in 2010.

At best, you're going to get those few 5'ish players that got cut from the existing 25 man guilds
The problem is most guilds are just not going to recruit for the 5 spots that are left open by people leaving at the end of the expansion rather than cutting 5 people.

I think I have 144 mounts but all I've ever played is alliance. Gotta get those horde mounts if they'll count. Do I need rep to buy them?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish there was more plots on the garrison at level 3. Like I want to use the storehouse for easy bank access and transmog access, but it seems like a waste of a profession building that could be there instead.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
They count. Yes you need rep. Blood Elf and Undead have the most @ 7.

I feel like this may be inaccurate, I have a lot more mounts than what is tracked on the achievement. Double check this.

Yeah it's only the mounts you can actually use on whatever character your logged into.

For instance, if you have 199 on a shaman, logging into a paladin or warlock will give you the 200 mount achievement since they have class only mounts.

Likewise with faction. If you're on an Alliance character, only the alliance mounts you have will count since you can only use them.

For some reason tailoring and engineering mounts count, even though I can't use them. I assume it's because they aren't 'character' specific and just require a certain threshold any character can cross.

JSoup

Banned
Grabbed a faction mount on my ally alt and my total to the 200 went up by one, so it looks like they count.

TheYanger

Grabbed a faction mount on my ally alt and my total to the 200 went up by one, so it looks like they count.

It will go up on that toon because that toon's count went up. I can't check anymore obvious reasons, but all of the faction mounts have analagous versions on the other side too, if you faction transferred and had every ally mount and no horde mounts, you'd still have all of the horde mounts when you swapped. No idea how it applies to just other faction characters on the same account though.

Edit: NM, I did test it (I never bought the gilnean horse on my allies), I have the trikes but not those horses. Still, it shouldn't count, just your highest total character. I'll try to rep up my old toon and get one of those horses but yeah, otherwise you'd get like 30 extra mounts just from making another guy and buying them, which would be silly.

Armory even lists me at 216, and in game it says I have 217. not sure which it doesn't believe on the armory, but either way if it was counting the ally ones they'd be on that list counting for a bunch.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Marza/mount#status=is-collected

JSoup

Banned
It will go up on that toon because that toon's count went up.

The count was up on my Horde main as well. I assumed this was because this is one of those blue achievements that counts progress across account. Then again:

Armory even lists me at 216, and in game it says I have 217. not sure which it doesn't believe on the armory, but either way if it was counting the ally ones they'd be on that list counting for a bunch.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Marza/mount#status=is-collected

I have this problem too and have had for as long as I can remember. At this point, I just think of it as an error in my favor and to not complain.

RPGCrazied

Finally! I guess warlock next, he is 86, but they changed so much from when I played him last, or an 85 monk I guess.

finally.png

The removal of the JP Heirlooms rather than converting them to gold is some straight up "just pay $60" bullshit.

The Guild Heirlooms have basically no requirements, are 1-85 instead of 80, and there are three experience increasing items rather than two.

Felspawn

Successfully finished my first Legendary on my DK. Given the time i have left i should be able to complete it on my Paladins (one horde one alliance) too

1up

Regardless of whether or not I'm in the minority, it still stands that in 10 years they've only done this exactly ONCE, and until this they've always created a very strong boundary between PvP and PvE content. I'm not a WoW historian so I may be wrong here, so let me know if you can think of another example. Once in 10 years speaks for itself.

I know this was answered to death but School of Hard Knocks is an example. The rest of the meta is pve.

Jag

The removal of the JP Heirlooms rather than converting them to gold is some straight up "just pay $60" bullshit.

I don't think they are removing any heirlooms, just changing them to gold in WoD. Actually I think the only heirloom that is truly being removed is the claw weapon heirloom from Brawler's Guild, but that may be back with the new Brawling season.

they are removing the vendors in 6.0 but they mentioned they would be putting them back after WoD launches

"When the Heirloom Collection is done." My guess would be that isn't anytime soon.

I don't think they are removing any heirlooms, just changing them to gold in WoD. Actually I think the only heirloom that is truly being removed is the claw weapon heirloom from Brawler's Guild, but that may be back with the new Brawling season.

They changed their minds and are now removing them. You can still buy some from the Darkmoon Faire and Argent Tournament.

StMeph

Raised Archaeology to a little over 250 last night. Should be able to get to 425 today and start working on Tol'vir solves if TBC and WOTLK sites are closer together and don't demand so much travel.

Still need to rush Pets too. Hopefully that can be fast-tracked over the weekend.

1up

StayDead

I've noticed one downside to me now playing a hunter (level 34 now).

I keep taming every single rare tameable mob I can find so it's adding on time spent constantly going back to the stablemaster haha.

ampere

At least it's something to aspire to. The Tier 17 Shaman sets are all so blandly 'Shaman.' A huge missed opportunity with all the Draenor Shaman themes they could have gone. Just another tier where I'll be wearing the Dark Shaman set, I guess.
CM Fists look pretty lame compared to the Blackrock Fists, so I got no interest in those. I'm curious how you'll pick your reward weapon for doing CMs. Is it based off the spec you played, or do you just get a token like the birds? Like if I do them as Ele again, but I use them on a fist weapon or something since my main spec is Enhancement. The weapons I would want would be the 2h mace and the shield for my warrior, but it's like, do you get both as prot or do you have to play fury to get the 2h weapon?

More interested in the mount than anything else when it comes to the WoD CMs.

When you complete WoD Gold CMs you can buy any weapons your class can use. They cost 1000g each. When I heard that I got pretty damn excited since Monks have like 9 weapon choices that way.

I feel like this may be inaccurate, I have a lot more mounts than what is tracked on the achievement. Double check this.

Yeah it's only the mounts you can actually use on whatever character your logged into.

For instance, if you have 199 on a shaman, logging into a paladin or warlock will give you the 200 mount achievement since they have class only mounts.

Likewise with faction. If you're on an Alliance character, only the alliance mounts you have will count since you can only use them.

For some reason tailoring and engineering mounts count, even though I can't use them. I assume it's because they aren't 'character' specific and just require a certain threshold any character can cross.

They've been a bit back and forth on beta builds, but there was a build were class specific mounts would be in any character's mount list and then be unusable like profession mounts you don't have the skill for. Personally I'd prefer that because it's annoying that my main has fewer mounts than some of my alts.

I like some of the 1Hers better from the WoD CMs, but it's looking like Unholy and 2H Frost are going to be the superior specs over DW Frost, at least for this first patch :/

Things could still change of course though. I don't know if they're going to have all 4 Warrior DPS specs on top like they currently are for launch. Just crazy.

And learning Unholy is going to suck if it does end up being a significant DPS increase over Frost - I tend to dislike pet classes :(

And I haven't played Unholy since like, Wrath - and only briefly then.

Jag

I'm trying to get my final Brawler's achievement with Deck Your Collection but I can't get the dammed Vial of Red Ooze to drop from the cache in scenarios. I'm chain running them one after another until my eyes bleed but still no drop. I'm bummed that I might not get it before it's gone.

StMeph

Also, this is my dk. How hard is it going to be to finish brawler's guild? I have a dps set that's about the same as well.

You over gear brawlers guild by about 30 or so ilvls.

Like Warlock green fire, it was tuned for a much lower ilevel. Probably closer to 50 more than needed, but more makes it much easier and gives you a wider margin for error.

They're still timed with a pretty hard enrage, so they tend to be DPS focused.

Definitely use a DPS set. Brawler's guild really isn't intended for Tank or Healing specs. There really isn't anything to gain vengeance on and the extra health won't help you either - the only way to die is from mechanics and if you fail at those you'll be dead no matter who you are. Higher DPS just makes it all easier and allows you to shorten execution time for a higher success rate or in some cases bypass certain mechanics (e.g. Blingtron).

And 570 iLvl or so is plenty enough. It's what my Warlock is at and I breezed through everything up till Hexos IIRC. Think I got walled a bit there since it's a harder fight for casters. But since it was just an alt I didn't put too much time into it.

Good luck!

Fjordson

Not anymore =[

"When the Heirloom Collection is done." My guess would be that isn't anytime soon.
They'll show up in the cash shop next year :lol

Luckily I have every heirloom. Just need to upgrade a few to their 85 versions before the patch hits.

I hit level 81 last night. For the past 2 days I've been trying to queue for Forge of Souls and Trial of Champions in the dungeon finder. I don't need the gear anymore, but I just like seeing all the content, and I kept hearing how Forge, Pit, and Halls of Reflection were the best instances of WotLK. In total I think I was probably queued for about 5 consecutive hours before I finally got a group for Forge of Souls. Managed to clear all 3. Really great instances. The stupid thing is that you can actually enter Forge of Souls normal mode prior to level 80 if you just go there and walk in, you just can't queue for it. I wish they would fix this so other new or returning players had a chance to experience these. Definitely my favorite instances so far.

Jag

Luckily I have every heirloom. Just need to upgrade a few to their 85 versions before the patch hits.

I don't have all of them, but I have almost every class at 90 (with 3 at 85) so I don't see a situation where I would ever need them again until they introduce a new class.

TheYanger

They changed their minds and are now removing them. You can still buy some from the Darkmoon Faire and Argent Tournament.

They specifically said they're still coming back in an 'end game' feasible way, they're not just leaving them on DMF vendors.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/339492-heirloom-vendor-change-in-patch-602/

The reasoning is right too, I thought it was weird that they'd be buyable the minute they mentioned it (I didn't mind, but hey I knew it was strange off the bat). They'd just become required purchases for any new player instead of an alt-levelling perk.

Game will never have 'DARK' nights as long as the day/night cycle is 24 hours. As an EQ vet even when wow was first in beta I thought the 24 hour cycle was stupid for this reason, you don't even see it changing as an average player that plays the same hours every day. A shorter cycle would let them make night REALLY dark and not be as impactful on people's playtimes (EQ had a 1.5 hour cycle and three of the races in the game were legitimately blind at night. It never bothered me one bit).

I don't have all of them, but I have almost every class at 90 (with 3 at 85) so I don't see a situation where I would ever need them again until they introduce a new class.

I might grind out a few more this weekend, but with the boost I'll have 8 or 9 90s so putting much effort into acquiring them isn't a huge concern. Only ones I won't have are hunter and monk IIRC. And I don't plan on leveling another character from 1 anytime soon unless I have to. Though there has been a slight amount of discussion for mandatory hunter alts for Mythic, lol. Ranged DPS + that new caster raid utility.

Still, I'd probably race change and xfer my old 80 hunter before seriously leveling a new one. Got some old valuable items on that server I'd like to cash in on at some point.

StayDead

This is my first time doing Kalimdor since Cataclysm and my first doing it properly as Alliance. I'm in Southern Barrens and it feels so weird. There's so many things that've changed and some things I really miss about old WoW, new Stonetalon while not completely dull and mundane like old Stonetalon was for Horde was enjoyable, but I almost missed going to kill all the dumb harpies in the charred vale. I did get myself a rare spider as a pet from it though which is cool.

It's so strange levelling a character again after all this time. I levelled a Paladin about 8 months ago but did it in Eastern Kingdoms and I've pretty much forgot just how much Cataclysm changed things.

Felspawn

I'm almost of the mindset that the leveling gear makes leveling TOO fast. you barely do a quest or two in the zone and bam you've outleveled it. Stop to do a dungeon? you just dinged twice. If i'm in that much of a hurry to get a character to 90 i'll just boost one. otherwise i'll just level him at the "normal" pace.

Nista

Got my silver CMs done, and all the brawlers guild cards I had (just missing that damn blingtron card).

I hope my guild actually puts forth the effort to kill Garrosh this week, else we won't be getting an ugly wolf or title. I feel like I should be doing more to get ready for 6.0 besides running around Darkmoon isle looking for an S/S crow for pet battles. :p

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

The Guild Heirlooms have basically no requirements, are 1-85 instead of 80, and there are three experience increasing items rather than two.

Little vinegary eh?

I don't think they're too worried about it if people playing now don't have them, they probably don't want them, and getting a free 90 when you buy the game is probably good enough.

You can still get them with Argent Tournament dailies and stuff.

If this means I can free up like 40+ bag slots by having them in a toy box-like interface and they go up to 90 then I won't complain about not being able to buy them for a few months.

ampere

I want that mount. I need to get mounts any way I can. lol

Not very hard, but FYI that mount is not going away. So no hurry really.

I like some of the 1Hers better from the WoD CMs, but it's looking like Unholy and 2H Frost are going to be the superior specs over DW Frost, at least for this first patch :/

Things could still change of course though. I don't know if they're going to have all 4 Warrior DPS specs on top like they currently are for launch. Just crazy.

Come on man... remember the rule: "Stack rankings from sims are not the word of god."

They are coded by players and are a tool... but they do not often represent the live environment. Play the spec you like best. And during the beginning of an expac the more important thing is which weapons you get to drop honestly rather than if DW or 2 hander Frost is better.

They specifically said they're still coming back in an 'end game' feasible way, they're not just leaving them on DMF vendors.

Wouldn't be surprised if they cost Apexis Crystals or Garrison currency in a later patch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone know if the 'raider' achievements are doable in the new normal like they were for flex in SoO? I would assume so. Do want the Gronnling mount.

ampere

Anyone know if the 'raider' achievements are doable in the new normal like they were for flex in SoO? I would assume so. Do want the Gronnling mount.

They are

My bet is on Garrison, since it only does everything, and went from being optional to critically integrated with the questing experience.

No no Garrisons are totally optional... if you are OK with having 50% of the crafting resource generation and no chances at extra loot like players who use Garrisons

I just hope they're fun since they are so powerful. I actually enjoyed the SWTOR crafting how you'd send people on missions and it seems to be a lot like that. Once the raids come out the Garrisons will probably be just a money making venue on the side, but in the weeks prepping for raids they are very essential. Savage Bloods for crafted item upgrades, etc

Jag

Also if you are going to buy the Dalaran commendations for rep before they go away, make sure you jump on the DMF carosel for the 10% rep boost!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Come on man... remember the rule: "Stack rankings from sims are not the word of god."

They are coded by players and are a tool... but they do not often represent the live environment. Play the spec you like best. And during the beginning of an expac the more important thing is which weapons you get to drop honestly rather than if DW or 2 hander Frost is better.

This is true, this is incredibly true. A lot of people I know are now in "sky is falling" mode over the latest beta patch's simcraft numbers:

Woo warriors right?

That's not how it works. These are and have always been Patchwerk simulations on single target fights. When was the last time there was a fight like that? A training dummy that hit back basically.

For comparison to show how stupid that is, here's current live simcraft:

For those people not playing or...don't even look at trade chat/regular Warlock complainers, here's the actual DPS rankings in practice. Resembles that list not in the slightest.

Basically, the people who continue to use and spread these simcraft sheets are little more than rabblerousers who like to stir the pot for some reason. I guess when 10 other classes aren't at the top like that it's easy to do.

Blizzard tests the classes damage by actually putting them in raids and seeing how they do fight-per-fight. Who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom