• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marven

Yay, can't wait for all the QQ from the changes. :)

Well first they're going to QQ for "the lack of notice", then they'll QQ about changes. Lack of notice of course being the various blog posts on the site stating the patch is coming very, very soon that people probably ignored.

Anyways, bring on the patch. Can't wait for some level 90 UBRS.

ampere

This is true, this is incredibly true. A lot of people I know are now in "sky is falling" mode over the latest beta patch's simcraft numbers:

Woo warriors right?

That's not how it works. These are and have always been Patchwerk simulations on single target fights. When was the last time there was a fight like that? A training dummy that hit back basically.

For comparison to show how stupid that is, here's current live simcraft:

For those people not playing or...don't even look at trade chat/regular Warlock complainers, here's the actual DPS rankings in practice. Resembles that list not in the slightest.

Basically, the people who continue to use and spread these simcraft sheets are little more than rabblerousers who like to stir the pot for some reason. I guess when 10 other classes aren't at the top like that it's easy to do.

Blizzard tests the classes damage by actually putting them in raids and seeing how they do fight-per-fight. Who knew?

Right, and even though there is some value in raidbots listing, those have to be taken with salt too. Sampling bias towards more popular specs and specs which rank higher within a class especially. Very few skilled players will play Marksmanship Hunters right now, although they are probably within 10% of the top Hunter dps at worst... but 10% is a lot so you only see less skilled players trying it thus ending up doing much much less.

Going even further, one could use logs from a top raiding guild where all the players are near human skillcaps to see class potential, but that won't always take into account a special role a player may be taking, if one person is getting Tricks, etc.

It's a complicated thing to see what a class's 'true' dps capabilities are, indeed.

Tamanon

Banned
So, it sounds like there are some new Blasted Lands quests for the 6.0 patch. Anyone know if it's just story or if there's a reward or title?

Tampler

Guys, I'm kinda freaking out here.

I have one last Titan Runestone left to get for my legendary Cloak quest, but I wont be able to get it till Wednesday. I've been running LFR difficulty since I re-subbed.

Some People here in trade are saying that once the patch hits, you wont be able to queue use the old raid finder tool unless you are lvl 91. Is this true?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Guys, I'm kinda freaking out here.

I have one last Titan Runestone left to get for my legendary Cloak quest, but I wont be able to get it till Wednesday. I've been running LFR difficulty since I re-subbed.

Some People here in trade are saying that once the patch hits, you wont be able to queue use the old raid finder tool unless you are lvl 91. Is this true?

No.

So, it sounds like there are some new Blasted Lands quests for the 6.0 patch. Anyone know if it's just story or if there's a reward or title?

The pre-expansion event has a quest line there because of the Dark Portal. Rewards a title and a battle pet. Forget the title though.

StMeph

With the ability changes and stat squish going in next week, are there any seismic changes for certain classes or builds at 90? We still have a whole month with this content.

Entropia

No One Remembers
With the ability changes and stat squish going in next week, are there any seismic changes for certain classes or builds at 90? We still have a whole month with this content.

Big time. Like, most/all casters had their casting-while-moving spells made not able to be cast on the move. The button-bloat thing. Things like stormlash totem and skull banner are removed. Some rotational changes are going to happen as well. I've heard Fury Warriors are ridiculously simple now.

Tamanon

Banned
Super stoked to play my Paladin after the patch. Consecration that's glued to you, 5-hitter Avenger's Shield, no more Inquisition. So good!

Dresden

Holy Paladins have cast times for WoG now, among other spells. So you basically cast your regular heals to be able to cast a holy power spell that hits for about the same amount. Great gameplay loop.

Earthquake got slapped onto ele shamans again and now it's baked into their mastery so there's no avoiding it. So much for eliminating button bloat.

Enhance hits like a noodle. Lots and lots of noodles noodling away at the same time.

Artanisix

Big time. Like, most/all casters had their casting-while-moving spells made not able to be cast on the move. The button-bloat thing. Things like stormlash totem and skull banner are removed. Some rotational changes are going to happen as well. I've heard Fury Warriors are ridiculously simple now.

*arms

Arms is abysmally simple now, although Sudden Death makes it a little more interesting.

Damn, I really wanted to get those Silver CM dungeons done for the mounts before 6.0 hit but I could never get a group together

But I'm still looking forward to the changes next week

ampere

Super stoked to play my Paladin after the patch. Consecration that's glued to you, 5-hitter Avenger's Shield, no more Inquisition. So good!

That's a leveling perk :p. So not yet!

Damn, I really wanted to get those Silver CM dungeons done for the mounts before 6.0 hit but I could never get a group together

But I'm still looking forward to the changes next week

https://openraid.us/

Try to find a group this weekend! There should be loads of people going for it.

Fjordson

Super hyped for the new patch, though I'm a little worried about the new models. Not sure why I never thought of this until now, but my laptop is average at best so if they're a big hit on performance I may need to figure out something new for WoD.

Tampler

Super hyped for the new patch, though I'm a little worried about the new models. Not sure why I never thought of this until now, but my laptop is average at best so if they're a big hit on performance I may need to figure out something new for WoD.

I'm pretty sure there's a setting that allows you to switch between the old models and the new models.

Artanisix

You can revert to old models if it really kills your computer!

1up

Hunters FYI!

Boar Spirit will be GONE FOREVER on Tuesday. Tame him while you can.

boarskinbrownarmored_ghost.jpg

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
You can revert to old models if it really kills your computer!
I can play with HD models enabled just fine, so it shouldn't be much of a problem to most people. But yeah, as mentioned, they can be toggled off if necessary.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rösti;133635650 said:
But yeah, as mentioned, they can be toggled off if necessary.

Or if you are just a ridiculous dork who prefers objectively shittier models because you somehow play with the camera zoomed in on your own character's face.

StMeph

Rösti;133635650 said:
I can play with HD models enabled just fine, so it shouldn't be much of a problem to most people. But yeah, as mentioned, they can be toggled off if necessary.

Well there you go. Rosti Approved (TM).

I don't think your laptop is objectively worse than Rosti's electronic abacus.

Jag

Hunters FYI!

Boar Spirit will be GONE FOREVER on Tuesday. Tame him while you can.

I got mine, but he's not that great looking. I just need all pets in my stable. My absolute favorite pet is the Scholazar Basin crocolisk that bugged with an Ooze skin. Blizz never removed the pets after they fixed it. Never seen anyone else with it.

After playing with the new model on beta I'm never going back to the old one.

I honestly don't see the huge difference on Beta.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I'm leveling fury and raiding gladiator or fury or prot.
Arms is still very boring and slow, though I haven't really tested it a higher item levels (≥640). But I'm still gonna play Arms, it's always been my favourite. Though might off-spec Protection for guild stuff.

Marven

If anyone still needs a Thundering Serpent Hatchling, my guild, Clan of the Red Dragon on US-Malygos, is doing open invites for anyone who wants the pet. Just ask for an officer for an invite, and we'll hook you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom