• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

Hmm, I need to try and get SoO done for the first time this weekend, I shouldn't done it on normal months ago but I could never ever get a group ;_;

Fularu

Banned
CMs suck for warriors

I found fury to be insanely boring at 90 and 100 in 6.0

I hate that they removed Colossus Smash from the rotation :(

Fjordson

Hit and expertise going away is going to be bliss.

Also, I wonder if the old content solo problems are still going on in beta. Will be interesting to see if I can still solo farm Invincible next week after the stat squish.

JSoup

Banned
They've been a bit back and forth on beta builds, but there was a build were class specific mounts would be in any character's mount list and then be unusable like profession mounts you don't have the skill for. Personally I'd prefer that because it's annoying that my main has fewer mounts than some of my alts.

This is how I'd prefer it. Just give me a complete in game list of every mount in the game, show what I have, red text anything I can't use on my current toon, done. Similar to pets.

Kintaco

If anyone still needs a Thundering Serpent Hatchling, my guild, Clan of the Red Dragon on US-Malygos, is doing open invites for anyone who wants the pet. Just ask for an officer for an invite, and we'll hook you up.

Doest this require rep with the guild to buy it? Is this horde or alliance?

EDIT:
NM, I see Revered is required.

CMs don't care about your ilvl and these days you don't have to collect a min/max set for secondary stats/sockets. Just bring lots and lots of consumables with you and find an experienced crew and you can pound them out in a weekend with a group of people who understand how not to die.

StayDead

CMs don't care about your ilvl and these days you don't have to collect a min/max set for secondary stats/sockets. Just bring lots and lots of consumables with you and find an experienced crew and you can pound them out in a weekend with a group of people who understand how not to die.

When you're on Silvermoon with barely anyone you know anymore it's kinda difficult. People on this server want ilvl 555+ for anything x_x

Ultratech

When you're on Silvermoon with barely anyone you know anymore it's kinda difficult. People on this server want ilvl 555+ for anything x_x

CMs scale your gear down to 463, so unless you got stuff below that, it's irrelevant.

Gem slots help a lot, as they don't get scaled down, but you don't have to go overboard with it.

As mentioned, oqueue and OpenRaid will help a bit (or a lot) in getting some stuff done.

Unless you plan on going for Golds, Silvers are fairly easy to knock out, since they're really more of an execution run and you can recover should you mess up or wipe.

Magnus

But why would an experienced crew waste time on you when experienced crews are typically charging 8-10k per CM run?

Some of you guys are making it sound so easy to get this going if you just try, but it's pretty rough out there unless you're friends with said experienced crews and they're willing to help out.

Jag

So I saw Oqueue is being discontinued in 6.0. I hope the Blizz interface works as well. I really want to get an heirloom before WOD. Haven't had any luck with openraid.

My team spent a grand total of 20 hours learning all the CMs and getting golds, and we were awful. People popping heroism with 3 seconds left on exhaustion, folks failing at invis pots and wearing chef's hats during learning pulls. Yes we were probably more tightly knit together than a random PUG but really if you don't even try you'll never know. Seems weird that we're being so down on someone who wants to achieve a goal.

So I saw Oqueue is being discontinued in 6.0.

Good, it was horrible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Enhance hits like a noodle. Lots and lots of noodles noodling away at the same time.
Enhancement is always sucky until you get proper gear. For being a 'caster-melee' they're about as bad as rogues and warriors when it comes to dps skyrocketing based on a new weapon. Ascendance got lowered to make wolves more damaging, which I'm glad. I prefer when wolves were the big 'oh shit' ability.

I do think Gladiator is going to end up being a huge balancing nightmare for Blizzard in the end.

WELP all my TSM group data got deleted (WTF Folder), and apparently my backup is corrupted. Fun times.

At least it's the end of the expansion so reconstructing it isn't a huge concern. For transmog I can just source PhatLewts list again, even though I adapted it a bit.

Oh wait, I might be able to recover them from the website. All might not be lost.

So I have 3500 JP and not interested in anymore heirlooms and I have the one mammoth mount... is there anything else I should grab with it before next week?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do like seeing all the 'sky is falling. i'm rerolling melee' posts on the forums though. So many warlocks saying they're going to reroll ret because fotm. Oops, I mean because um other stuff.

vocab

My warlock is going to be messed up next week, but luckily it's destro and not affliction so my gameplay won't be that altered.

Man it must suck being balanced.

reroll ret.

post-29155-Blink-182-WHAT-THE-FUCK-gif-Im-YEwO.gif

Please tell me this is a joke because it's probably the funniest thing I have read in a while.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Please tell me this is a joke because it's probably the funniest thing I have read in a while.

Have you been keeping up with ret in beta? Empowered Seals is ridiculous. Especially in PVP. The only thing funny about it is that nothing's been done to it.

vocab

Sounds like I will regret it if I grind JP for heirlooms.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14420192331

JP is so pathetically easy to get though.

Have you been keeping up with ret in beta? Empowered Seals is ridiculous. Especially in PVP. The only thing funny about it is that nothing's been done to it.

Nah not really. I only know about improved divine storm, and how it can proc from itself.

I mean, ret is ret. I just find it funny people would reroll to a class that never truly shines in anything. You think they would at least go warrior with the sims being the way that they are.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there an ilvl requirement for the new UBRS? Anyone on PTR know?

I'm just wondering if I can boost a mage then use some of that for some quick cheap gear to get by at launch. Not that any of the mobs are necessarily challenging in beta even with starter gear, but those boosted greens are.. rough.

vocab

Is there an ilvl requirement for the new UBRS? Anyone on PTR know?

I'm just wondering if I can boost a mage then use some of that for some quick cheap gear to get by at launch. Not that any of the mobs are necessarily challenging in beta even with starter gear, but those boosted greens are.. rough.

I was in there with 460ish gear on the ptr. I'm bringing my druid to scoop up the free loots so leveling wont be a pain in the ass.

ampere

WELP all my TSM group data got deleted (WTF Folder), and apparently my backup is corrupted. Fun times.

At least it's the end of the expansion so reconstructing it isn't a huge concern. For transmog I can just source PhatLewts list again, even though I adapted it a bit.

Oh wait, I might be able to recover them from the website. All might not be lost.

That sucks, but this is the best time for that to happen lol.

Going to probably delete my WTF folder in 6.0 and just do stuff fresh.

StMeph

Hit 450 Archaeology and discovered that Uldum sites were at the mercy of Kalimdor site RNG. Figured it would be faster to level to 600 and use MoP Crates for Tol'vir, and burned all of my Motes toward them as well. Between Motes and Crates from getting to 600, I had about 30. Got the Brawlers item in the 3rd to last one, and killed the boss.

So now all that's left is Pet Battling, and I have 3 days to get that done.

foladar

So, considering coming back to WoW. How are hunters / paladins (ret) and what addons are requirements now? I've already picked up Auctioneer, Carbonite, SUF, and Skada.

Daniel R

What kind of stats are you guys seeing on PTR/Beta now that hit and expertise is gone?
I think I have 19.4% hit on my frost mage since I have so much hit on gear that I can't even reforge it all away to reach 15%.

I am thinking of respeccing to fire as soon as the patch hits next week because the lack of multistrike on gear for frost and the extra crit for fire from the new gear stats will work out nicely I think.

I think I have 27% crit as frost and around 37% haste. Hoping I can get up to 45% crit + the 1.30 multiplier from a passive. Crit heaven!

Edit: I forgot that they are removing crit from INT. I think I shall need to calculate my stats using wowhead in anticipation of the patch. Frost is bad to play with a bad connection and too much haste. I think I lose 0.5 secs per frostbolt on bad transitions with a cast time of under 1 second.

Jag

Hit 450 Archaeology and discovered that Uldum sites were at the mercy of Kalimdor site RNG. Figured it would be faster to level to 600 and use MoP Crates for Tol'vir, and burned all of my Motes toward them as well. Between Motes and Crates from getting to 600, I had about 30. Got the Brawlers item in the 3rd to last one, and killed the boss.

So now all that's left is Pet Battling, and I have 3 days to get that done.

Still can't get the Vial of Ooze from the Scenario drops and going on a 100+ runs. Bummed that this is my last one for the epic shirt and I may not get it.

Wunder

getting hyped for WoD, haven't been apart of an expansion launch since Wrath... I wonder how LFR (or even heroics) are at the start, is it a huge clusterfuck?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Are the stat swaps when you switch specs in this patch also?

Technically, but none of the existing gear supports the mechanic.

So for all intensive porpoises, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom