• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically, but none of the existing gear supports the mechanic.

So for all intensive porpoises, no.

tumblr_lvfafaxqNh1qcofn4o1_500.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Intensive porpoises are clearly the best type of cetacean.

ampere

Shit, really?? I find so many groups with OQ =[

Well the improved Blizzard group finder is being added so it's redundant really.

OQ was useful because it did something otherwise impossible... but god that addon was awful. I don't blame the dev because he had limited tools to accomplish the goal, I just always hated using it. Much preferred openraid in a web browser.

Will the improved Blizzard group finder allow us to throw together groups to do legacy content as well?

Edit: Oh, looks like it does! Sweet.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Speaking of Toybox... Will i get back the trinkets(as toys now) with special and fun effects that I deleted many months/years ago? Like that Felwood trinket that makes a rainbow? Or the Tanaris trinket that spawn a (useless) Goblin Doctor?

Speaking of Toybox... Will i get back the trinkets(as toys now) with special and fun effects that I deleted many months/years ago? Like that Felwood trinket that makes a rainbow? Or the Tanaris trinket that spawn a (useless) Goblin Doctor?

I don't think so. I think they said we'd have to go and get them again. Of course I don't know what that means for ones no longer available (and are they part of toy box at all?).

Fjordson

Well the improved Blizzard group finder is being added so it's redundant really.

OQ was useful because it did something otherwise impossible... but god that addon was awful. I don't blame the dev because he had limited tools to accomplish the goal, I just always hated using it. Much preferred openraid in a web browser.
OQ worked really well for me. Great for finding groups for just about anything.

Oh well. guess it makes sense with Blizzard's group finder coming into the fold, though I won't be surprised if that's still kinda shitty in WoD.

vocab

getting hyped for WoD, haven't been apart of an expansion launch since Wrath... I wonder how LFR (or even heroics) are at the start, is it a huge clusterfuck?
Lfr comes out after the main raids so the the success of an lfr really comes down to people knowing what to do. Soo was hilarious. It got nerfed countless times. The trash hit so hard and there was a massive tank shortage. It was a disaster. There's no reason to lfr with flex. I rather go through flex and learn fights with a group that wants to get through the content.

ampere

Neither of those items are toys. Here's a guide with a list of what is going to be in the box.

Quest items from Pandaria and Archaeology items will be in the toybox even if you deleted them.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't think so. I think they said we'd have to go and get them again. Of course I don't know what that means for ones no longer available (and are they part of toy box at all?).

If the toys are account bound, i guess i could just do the quests again with low lvl alts. Unless those fun trinkets dont count as toys? Will archaeology toys be available to all characters or only those with appropriate archaeology lvl?

Oh crap. I've been studiously ignoring Warcraft and just realised Draenor is coming up. My poor, poor backlog. Oh god how am I going to cope? I need to take 2 weeks off just to get on top of things :(

My favorite is probably the DK one with the skull face. Looks pretty damn cool.

Always skulls all the time :(

I mean sure, but I'm a fan of more offbeat ones like the Firelands set.

Though I do like T7, T8, T10, and CM set.

T16 cyclops is just dumb though.

That set T17 doesn't look horrible, but I don't see myself keeping the look either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wowhead says the Iron Invasion pet is cageable, so if you're wanting to make money, I suggest doing it on all your alts then selling them later throughout WoD when it's no longer available.
My favorite is probably the DK one with the skull face. Looks pretty damn cool.

Warlock Mythic/Gul'dan set is easily my favorite.

rallaren

You mean this one?

I only looked at this page and there's no Warlock. The DK one just struck me as relatively cool looking. Not really a fan of the designs otherwise. My favorites are still Might, Bloodfang and some more. But lock are usually of the better kind.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Wowhead says the Iron Invasion pet is cageable, so if you're wanting to make money, I suggest doing it on all your alts then selling them later throughout WoD when it's no longer available.

I'm gonna mix/match it with my challenge mode set, I don't like the helmet and the belt isn't as huge as the CM one, but the shoulders are T5 level awesome.

My dude if/when I get into Mythic:
0WElGLQ.png

Oh crap. I've been studiously ignoring Warcraft and just realised Draenor is coming up. My poor, poor backlog. Oh god how am I going to cope? I need to take 2 weeks off just to get on top of things :(

Not even that, there's an inevitable onslaught of games coming for me on black friday. Dragon Age Inquisition, Shadows of Mordor, The Old Republic expansion in December, possible diablo season 2*, alien isolation and more I'm forgetting about.

Felspawn

The Old Republic expansion in December,.

I'm torn, i'm interested in playing the storyline, as i dont mind TOR when i treat it as a single player game but i Nerd Raged at the idea of Revan being a villain. Between WoD and Inqusition (not to mention a few books that i want to read that have recently been released) my free time is pretty much booked

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WoD coming out 5 days before Dragon Age and GTA V's remaster puts a real stake in my plans of hitting level 100 before starting them.

Entropia

No One Remembers
WoD coming out 5 days before Dragon Age and GTA V's remaster puts a real stake in my plans of hitting level 100 before starting them.

I wasn't able to take time off for WoD this year (BlizzCon the week prior didn't help), feels weird. I like to be 100 asap! But looks like that won't be happening! :(

Jag

Will the improved Blizzard group finder allow us to throw together groups to do legacy content as well?

Edit: Oh, looks like it does! Sweet.

I can't tell much from the Blizz preview and I haven't really seen it in use on the PTR or Beta, so it's tough to tell if it will get the same type of use as Oqueue. Hopefully it will encompass more than just your own Battlegroup.

ampere

I'm on the other side of that fortunately... I had an extra vacation day I have to take this year so I have 3 days off (Thursday, Friday, Monday) for WoD :p.

I'd be all ready for Realm First race again if it were still a thing heh.

StayDead

mgrgrgrgr found two rares I want to camp, one is a monk which I can't interrupt more than once as a boomkin so I can't kill it and the other one rekt me.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm on the other side of that fortunately... I had an extra vacation day I have to take this year so I have 3 days off (Thursday, Friday, Monday) for WoD :p.

I'd be all ready for Realm First race again if it were still a thing heh.

I'm in a similar position, but I'm gonna do friday monday and tuesday since I won't have WoD until Thursday afternoon anyway/

I'm torn, i'm interested in playing the storyline, as i dont mind TOR when i treat it as a single player game but i Nerd Raged at the idea of Revan being a villain. Between WoD and Inqusition (not to mention a few books that i want to read that have recently been released) my free time is pretty much booked

I'm not upset at revan being the villain, but I'm not convinced seeing as how all we've seen is his mask.

Wunder

Lfr comes out after the main raids so the the success of an lfr really comes down to people knowing what to do. Soo was hilarious. It got nerfed countless times. The trash hit so hard and there was a massive tank shortage. It was a disaster. There's no reason to lfr with flex. I rather go through flex and learn fights with a group that wants to get through the content.

With the new system, the three 'lockouts' are gone, right? I mean they've shifted into LFR, Normal/Heroic and Mythic, but for the casual/guild raider that doesnt necessarily have the capability to use the Mythic lockout, you essentially just have LFR and Normal now, right? So if you spend your lockout learning Flex with a random group, you can't attend your weekly raid with your guild?

So the patch that changes all the talents and stuff is Wednesday right?

And is it true Justice heirlooms can just be bought with gold too?

Want a warrior alt

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
So the patch that changes all the talents and stuff is Wednesday right?

And is it true Justice heirlooms can just be bought with gold too?

Want a warrior alt
Correct, patch 6.0.2: The Iron Tide will launch next week beginning on October 14 for US, EU getting it the day after as usual.

Heirlooms you could previously purchase with Justice Points you can now purchase with gold, yes.

StMeph

With the new system, the three 'lockouts' are gone, right? I mean they've shifted into LFR, Normal/Heroic and Mythic, but for the casual/guild raider that doesnt necessarily have the capability to use the Mythic lockout, you essentially just have LFR and Normal now, right? So if you spend your lockout learning Flex with a random group, you can't attend your weekly raid with your guild?

Not quite. There are still four tiers:

LFR is still LFR.

Flex is becoming Normal.

Normal is renamed Heroic

Heroic is rebranded Mythic.

Their difficulties/mechanics should be the same as where they were. FlexNormal and NormalHeroic are now all flexible, allowing variable raid sizes and boss tuning to reflect the size. HeroicMythic is a fixed 20 and no longer has two optional sizes.

Jag

LFR is still LFR.

Flex is becoming Normal.

Normal is renamed Heroic

Their difficulties/mechanics should be the same as where they were. FlexNormal and NormalHeroic are now all flexible, allowing variable raid sizes and boss tuning to reflect the size. HeroicMythic is a fixed 20 and no longer has two optional sizes.

Or in other words, Normal and Heroic are now both flexible and cross-realm.

Can someone explain to me, as someone who's been away for a long time, why people care so much about heirlooms? FWIU it's just gear that scales up with your level, but which is quickly replaced once you reach max level. Why are people making such a big deal about it?

TheYanger

Can someone explain to me, as someone who's been away for a long time, why people care so much about heirlooms? FWIU it's just gear that scales up with your level, but which is quickly replaced once you reach max level. Why are people making such a big deal about it?

The heirlooms from the JP vendor have XP bonuses attached and are super strong for their levels, so if you want to play an alt YOU WANT THEM. All of them.

The Garrosh heirlooms will basically be a best in slot weapon your entire way up to 100, it's nice to not have to worry that your power level is going down ever.

Plus...they're going away, that makes them cooler.

M.D

So I get this whisper from a person I've never met or played with today asking if I could help him to get some achievement in Firelands

I've been helping him literally all day long, now we're finally at the part where he can get his achievement and he gets a group of 6 since that's the least amount of people to get the achievement

I don't do it properly one time and it wasn't even my fault, then we go at it again and I ask something just to be sure - everyone starts calling me retarded instead of answering the goddamn question which I looked up on YouTube and found an answer for in a minute

I got so upset I didn't even pay attention to what they were saying at that point and missed another thing that you need to do, then this guy fucking kicks me out of the party and its not even like he missed his achievement, we could've done it a couple more times according to him and still get it

Fucking too nice to strangers in this game, gave 500 gold to some random on timeless isle today just because I felt like helping and I don't even have any form of income other than doing raids and killing stuff

The repairs from dieing over and over again in Firelands all day must've cost 700 gold or some shit

I made a little spreadsheet of heirlooms I have and don't have.

Mainly just missing a complete set of int mail, which I might not bother with, since it's only for resto/ele shammies when I have a 90 sham already, and some weapons/upgrades.

Definitely will grab the Brawlers claws since I think those are going away, but idk how much effort I want to put into grabbing/upgrading the weapons I'm missing. Also need to upgrade the int trinkets, but I have all caster classes at 90 already, so that might be a wasted investment.

The dungeons are easy though - I just queue as a tank and power through them with my high iLvl as DPS.

The heirlooms from the JP vendor have XP bonuses attached and are super strong for their levels, so if you want to play an alt YOU WANT THEM. All of them.

The Garrosh heirlooms will basically be a best in slot weapon your entire way up to 100, it's nice to not have to worry that your power level is going down ever.

Plus...they're going away, that makes them cooler.

I thought they were just moving to a vendor which required grinding old content to obtain.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm kind of hyped about them making certain things go away after a while again. Give people a reason to stay subscribed. Maybe it's 'shitty' but pretty much all ways of mmos making you stay subscribed are shitty.

of the Iron Vanguard seems like a good warrior title. Would have preferred it was a prefix title though.

Wunder

LFR is still LFR.

Flex is becoming Normal.

Normal is renamed Heroic

Im confused. So how do the new lockouts work? Are Normal and Heroic separate now? And Normal/Heroic have similar boss mechanics just with a bigger health pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom