• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

komplanen

I guess it's time to come back to WoW for the new expansion. Any tips you guys have for a boosted character (starting when 6.02 patch goes live) to get prepared for the expansion? Are there any decent ways to make money that isn't AoE farming those few locations that are always packed?

vocab

I can't find a blue post, but the number of players will determine the amount of drops. The raid leader can choose personal loot or the normal loot style. Mythic will always be the default. Personal loot for progression on heroic to mythic sounds awful.

I guess it's time to come back to WoW for the new expansion. Any tips you guys have for a boosted character (starting when 6.02 patch goes live) to get prepared for the expansion? Are there any decent ways to make money that isn't AoE farming those few locations that are always packed?

Making money is incredibly hard now that everything has tanked. I have been selling flasks because it's the only way to make golden lotus worth anything. Do what you can. You could get justice capped and have it all converted to gold come tuesday.

Ultratech

I can't find a blue post, but the number of players will determine the amount of drops. The raid leader can choose personal loot or the normal loot style. Mythic will always be the default. Personal loot for progression on heroic to mythic sounds awful.

Yeah, that's what I remember hearing last.

I could see where Personal Loot would be good for pugs or random groups to avoid loot issues.

I'm getting excited for the patch on Tuesday. New models, skill changes, that mage Mirror Image buff.....

Man. It'll be fun. I never got the CM done with fuzzyset(BTW if you see this, we've probably raided in the past together. When I found out you were from Sargeras...well, in Cata, not only did I pug alot but I concurrently ran 4 raid groups. And your B.net looks familiar, yo.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thought they were getting rid of bonus rolls? Did I imagine that? Or maybe i'm just thinking about them saying how they'd make it so you didn't get the same loot twice from that.

I thought they were getting rid of bonus rolls? Did I imagine that? Or maybe i'm just thinking about them saying how they'd make it so you didn't get the same loot twice from that.

I believe they're tied to Garrisons now? And there's certain things you can do to get extra bonus rolls, or buy a bonus roll(I believe the limit is 3?)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

There is now 3 ways to get it; Gold, Apexis crystals, and Garrison resources, there's also a garrison building that will give you 1 a week, but I forget which one.

Ughhhh. Failed to kill Garrosh this week. Terrible night of raiding. Only made it past transition one like once. And next week is off now :/

Will take a lot of luck (or gold) to get a scorpion now before WoD and the 1% change.

KAP151

Head over and get all your timeless isle loot, that will at least give you better than boosted gear. New UBRS will have i550 loot coming from Tuesday on, which will be more than you need for early WoD.

As far as money goes, my realms AH has pretty much come to a screaming halt. Hardly anything is selling as a) people are saving up for WoD and b) mats price will sink as leveling professions will become WAY easier in WoD. This happens every time before a xpac hits, so no surprise.

You can make easy money by just doing dailies and if you have enough time, cap out your JP/VP for when they convert it to gold on 14th.

Minion101

Banned
Head over and get all your timeless isle loot, that will at least give you better than boosted gear. New UBRS will have i550 loot coming from Tuesday on, which will be more than you need for early WoD.

As far as money goes, my realms AH has pretty much come to a screaming halt. Hardly anything is selling as a) people are saving up for WoD and b) mats price will sink as leveling professions will become WAY easier in WoD. This happens every time before a xpac hits, so no surprise.

You can make easy money by just doing dailies and if you have enough time, cap out your JP/VP for when they convert it to gold on 14th.

That I did not know.

StayDead

I only have one level 90, my nelf druid. My other two high level characters are 87/85 and both noams and I have a 60 human female paladin.

In other news 18 kills and still nothing. WHY RNG GODS WHY. I even just watched a level 88 die to the rare so I could kill it. I feel so dirty.

Rizzi

I'm going to stare at the new character models on Wednesday and be very, very sad that I will be the only race without a nice one. :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I race changed my Worgen Warrior to a Draenei just so I could experience the new models. I'll probably keep my BElves shelved until their update.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Looking at the new models on MMOChampion, it seems night elves got a lower upgrade than most other races... is it just me? Maybe it's the lack of an iris. But even the male draeneis seems better, and they don't have iris either. I dunno...

Wunder

Looking at the new models on MMOChampion, it seems night elves got a lower upgrade than most other races... is it just me? Maybe it's the lack of an iris. But even the male draeneis seems better, and they don't have iris either. I dunno...

The Tauren female faces look weird too. I think it's the eyes, mainly, everything else like the horns or the hair look better, but the eyes just look off. I'm not sure why.

Savitar

I forsee a lot of issues with people when they see the changes when they go live. Betting for all those who have seen them, many haven't.

And you know how people are.

While I'm OK with what they did with the Human female I'm not fond of the Dwarven female (at least the one on mmo-champion). That is pretty much exactly the same model as mine and they kind of toned down the best element of (and reason I chose) that model -- the crazy pigtail casting action. =/

Hixx

I'm considering race changing my Paladin from Blood Elf to Tauren just for a new model. And I don't even like the Tauren model, I never have. I hate hooves. Saying that, I played a Draenei Paladin in the beta and really liked their new models.

What I would give for Orc Paladins. Will never happen but the new Orcs are brilliant.

cluderi

Turns out there will probably be a gear level restriction for the new UBRS.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/343980-level-90-ubrs/

There will be an item level restriction to queue for the limited time level 90 UBRS dungeon, but we're still evaluating exactly what we want that number to be. Note that the dungeon is tuned for players with at least a few pieces of Siege of Orgrimmar LFR gear.

TheYanger

Eh I mean, what would be the point in them making a dungeon as easy as the 2 year old mop ones just to not have a restriction? I don't expect it to be hard but I'd be pretty disappointed if I could walk in and solo it in 5 minutes like mop heroics.

Hixx

It's half a dungeon for 3 weeks. Or 4? I dunno, can't remember the WoD date.

Of course I'll be in the minority in not being able to participate but I still can feel disappointed.

cluderi

Traditionally the pre expansion patch stuff included most people, even those just returning from a hiatus. They won't be able to run the new patch dungeon without some lfr gear if they keep that restriction.

Seems an odd thing to do, especially since they could just scale it so everyone had a challenge by changing your gear I level up or down.

TheYanger

They said it was designed around a couple pieces of LFR siege gear. That's lower than burden of eternity timeless isle gear. I could hit 90 tomorrow and be able to queue for it the next day. (The ilevel to queue will probably be like 520 or something).

cluderi

They said it was designed around a couple pieces of LFR siege gear. That's lower than burden of eternity timeless isle gear. I could hit 90 tomorrow and be able to queue for it the next day. (The ilevel to queue will probably be like 520 or something).

Not sure how tbh.

I've just done this 3 times (one boosted and two level 85s that I got to 90). Normal timeless gear is 496, normal burden drops are around 2 (my DK got four somehow but the other two chars ended up with two) so that's two pieces at 535. 20k worth of coins for an ilevel 489 weapon and you get ilevel 502 boots from the Lorewalker Cho quest.

You can get a piece of pvp armor every two days with the Isle of Thunder plus Grizzly Hills pvp quests and that's 522 armor. You can use your valor to upgrade stuff at 250 points a pop.

So to get an average ilvl of 520 within a day? I'm thinking it's a minimum of a weeks worth of work and you'd have to get lucky with the Celestials and LFR. My warlock has an LFR weapon and chest that I upgraded to 4/4, 522 PVP shoulders, legs and gloves, 535 head from a burden and the rest is 496 (apart from two PVP trinkets at 522 I could use) and he has an ilvl average of 513.

This is all assuming you're unable to take a new 90 into normal SOO and have your guild gear you up. Not saying I'm outraged or even that bothered but a bunch of people who hit 90 recently and have used none raid content won't be able to queue for the dungeon. In 4 weeks I guess it won't matter anyway.

TheYanger

People that haven't even done that rudimentary level of gearing have a LOT of content to digest in 4 weeks. People that have been sitting on siege for a year deserve a pre-launch event that they won't just completely ignore all mechanics in for 5 minutes and be done :/ Not trying to be offensive here, but legitimately if you don't have 520ish ilevel (Just my estimate based on what they said) you have a shitload of things you could still do, and it COULD be done in a day, guarantee it.

It would be a disservice to the majority of the playerbase to make a dungeon and then make it a complete joke nobody cares about.
It would be a disservice to those queueing for the dungeon to let people who are too undergeared to meet the previous criteria queue for it.

That's really all it comes down to. If you are super interested in getting the L90 UBRS stuff, 4 weeks is plenty of time to get geared up to queue it.

Does it drop 520something blues? 520 seems damn high.

cluderi

It would be a disservice to the majority of the playerbase to make a dungeon and then make it a complete joke nobody cares about.
It would be a disservice to those queueing for the dungeon to let people who are too undergeared to meet the previous criteria queue for it.

But that's precisely what they did for pretty much every pre-expansion patch up to this point. Going on past experience I thought it would be a fun romp through a redesigned UBRS for non raiders as well as raiders who might get an upgrade at the end.

I don't really care I was just surprised that they didn't make it ilvl 496 so boosted chars who have completed the timeless isle can queue for it (which seems to be their new idea instead of mid expansion 5 mans)

Does it drop 520something blues? 520 seems damn high.

550 blues from what I can tell

http://wod.wowhead.com/items?filter...nle=550;maxle=550;maxrl=90;cr=166;crs=6;crv=0

Ultratech

I was thinking somewhere around 515 most likely.

That's at least a few pieces of LFR gear and maybe some Celestial/Ordos gear?

Of course, I kinda forgot about upgrades in there, so...who knows?

(Just looking at the gear list again, you can't DE any of that new UBRS gear.)

JCizzle

Traditionally the pre expansion patch stuff included most people, even those just returning from a hiatus. They won't be able to run the new patch dungeon without some lfr gear if they keep that restriction.

Seems an odd thing to do, especially since they could just scale it so everyone had a challenge by changing your gear I level up or down.
It's something most people just need to see once, and certainly isn't tailored for progression oriented folks. Bizarre decision IMO. Make it for everyone.

TheYanger

But that's precisely what they did for pretty much every pre-expansion patch up to this point. Going on past experience I thought it would be a fun romp through a redesigned UBRS for non raiders as well as raiders who might get an upgrade at the end.

I don't really care I was just surprised that they didn't make it ilvl 496 so boosted chars who have completed the timeless isle can queue for it (which seems to be their new idea instead of mid expansion 5 mans)

550 blues from what I can tell

http://wod.wowhead.com/items?filter...nle=550;maxle=550;maxrl=90;cr=166;crs=6;crv=0

Except that this is the first xpac where you can legitimately say that ANYONE that has been playing the expansion will have the ilevel to do this. LFR and timeless isle mean that they're not excluding anyone, the only people without that gear are people that legitimately don't play the game or just came back to it and have no idea how easy it is to hit those thresholds of gear.

I'm not talking about it being progression oriented - Heroic Siege raiders are still going to annihilate it, their ilevel is freaking 70 above that. I'm saying you can be casual as all get out and if it was balanced around no gear at all you'd still not even understand what was going on - the mobs would just fall over dead.

Tacitus_

Sure, but if it's a preview for three weeks then going away forever (the 90 version), who cares if you can queue a fresh 90 or solo it if you're a heroic raider? I mean, it's really not a big deal, I just don't understand limiting it at all, especially with the influx of new players hitting 90 over the next few weeks.

Personally I don't care, but Blizzard probably wanted people to at least work a bit for the items that come from it. I mean, it drops SoO normal level stuff so they won't just hand you it for showing up (even if it is only useful for leveling in a few weeks).

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I can finally stop killing this guy on 4 characters a day...

p1045024346.jpg

p1045024346.jpg
Holy shit... how long had you been trying for?

I still remember when mine dropped. Such a huge sigh of relief. Then Flametalon of Alysrazor dropped on my third ever kill. So nuts. I'm still trying for my vampire pony though...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Holy shit... how long had you been trying for?

I still remember when mine dropped. Such a huge sigh of relief. Then Flametalon of Alysrazor dropped on my third ever kill. So nuts. I'm still trying for my vampire pony though...

Not sure. I reactivate my account once every few months and while it's active I normally run my characters through. It's been awhile. By contrast, I got Rivendare's Deathcharger after 4 kills.

cluderi

Congrats mate, I still haven't gotten that mount yet on my EU account (stupid Blizzard not being able to region transfer)

I did get the Huolon mount today on my hunters 2nd kill, can't ride the damn thing yet though as I don't have cloud serpent riding :-/

Kaper

The Tauren female faces look weird too. I think it's the eyes, mainly, everything else like the horns or the hair look better, but the eyes just look off. I'm not sure why.

Yeah, I'm not impressed with the female Tauren faces at all. Two of my main characters are female Tauren, and I don't even want to play them now :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know how anyone can see the new female Tauren face as anything but an upgrade but ymmv, I Guess. I think the vanilla female Tauren model is one of the worst looking models in WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom