• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm really wondering if there's going to be a Character Services sale Tuesday. I imagine account services will be clogged with or without it.

Arksy

Was tempted to resub for 6.0..but then I found out I had to buy MoP (when other people get it for free for some reason), and THEN buy game time....so $30.....just to play the game. I'd be fine if it were only $15 but $30 is just absurd...especially when everyone else gets the game for free..

Was tempted to resub for 6.0..but then I found out I had to buy MoP (when other people get it for free for some reason), and THEN buy game time....so $30.....just to play the game. I'd be fine if it were only $15 but $30 is just absurd...especially when everyone else gets the game for free..

How did people get MoP for free? It was an expansion, it was never given away.

TheYanger

They gave mop away for free to some folks a few months ago. It's also been on sale for 5 bucks a ton of times. I don't get the bitch though, if you haven't ever played mop (as evidenced by not owning it) then you're getting more than enough content.

Heck, mop is only 10 bucks on the official store now even.

Arksy

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/08/18/blizzard-offering-mists-of-pandaria-free-to-lapsed-subscribers/

They gave mop away for free to some folks a few months ago. It's also been on sale for 5 bucks a ton of times. I don't get the bitch though, if you haven't ever played mop (as evidenced by not owning it) then you're getting more than enough content.

Heck, mop is only 10 bucks on the official store now even.

It's not so much that, $15 (for Australians) is fine, but it doesn't come with a sub..which is absurd when I got free time with every other box purchase.

If I want to play it's $15 for MoP, $16 for the month and then $54 for WoD...$80 is quite absurd if you ask me....especially compared to other games which are mostly free. I'll probably pull the trigger anyway, I just want to bitch about it. :(

TheYanger

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/08/18/blizzard-offering-mists-of-pandaria-free-to-lapsed-subscribers/

It's not so much that, $15 (for Australians) is fine, but it doesn't come with a sub..which is absurd when I got free time with every other box purchase.

If I want to play it's $15 for MoP, $16 for the month and then $54 for WoD...$80 is quite absurd if you ask me....especially compared to other games which are mostly free. I'll probably pull the trigger anyway, I just want to bitch about it. :(

There has never been a free month with an expansion buy...
If you don't mind waiting, once Warlords comes out the base game should include mop. That's usually how it works anyway.

Do burst damage rogues still exist? Haven't played one since WOTLK.

Not interested in stun locking or using swords and shit. Just wanna gank the shit out of people with backstab

Kuntz

That's it.

After 8 years being elemental I'm back to my first spec.

Enhancement, here I come!

(Well I have to regear every slot... and can't dps for shit during this time... sticking to healer and no solo content)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Retribution, Protection, or Holy for leveling as a Paladin?

Specialization is new to me
Prot is best, IMO. Fast (nearly instant at lower levels) dungeon queues, good solo ability, good survivability.

Rizzi

I figured I'd pick up my level 66 mage that has been sitting in Stormwind since the end of Wrath.
So uh, I guess mages are a lot easier to play than warlocks huh. I've got like, four spells that seem important.

StayDead

I figured I'd pick up my level 66 mage that has been sitting in Stormwind since the end of Wrath.
So uh, I guess mages are a lot easier to play than warlocks huh. I've got like, four spells that seem important.

That's because Warlocks screwed over mages hard in TBC. We used to be the AOE kings, then your seed of corruption came along and ruined it all :mad:

Wunder

Retribution, Protection, or Holy for leveling as a Paladin?

Specialization is new to me

Prot if you want fast dungeon queues, it's also decent at levelling but can be slow if you just pull single mobs. Ret is really fast for questing, you can knock down a mob in literally two spell casts, or pull lots and have decent survivability and DIVINEEE STORMMMMMMMM

Felspawn

That's because Warlocks screwed over mages hard in TBC. We used to be the AOE kings, then your seed of corruption came along and ruined it all :mad:

u-mad-2.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I would have sworn that they did.......it was over five years ago though... I mean my memory might be a little hazy.

You are definitely mis-remembering. BC may have come with a free month (I don't remember) but I am sure that no xpac after that did.

Ultratech

Finally got both fist weapon heirlooms. Took like 2 hours for the ~6k justice. I think that's about all I'm gonna grind. Otherwise only missing a full INT mail set, and a few other unnecessary weapons.

Yeah, I got one Fist weapon right now, and gonna get another one here today.

I think I've gotten all the Heirlooms I intend to get for now.

Might get the remaining Plate gear and one or two other things, but I think I'll be good on stuff after that.

You are definitely mis-remembering. BC may have come with a free month (I don't remember) but I am sure that no xpac after that did.

Don't think it did unless you got Vanilla + BC, in which case you got the free month from Vanilla.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
For those who have tried soloing old raid content in the beta or PTR. How different is it with the stat squish? A little harder? A little easier? About the same?

ampere

hnnnnnnng patch 6.0 imminent, toybox and stat squish hype!

So I bought pet leveling service this week. I hate hate leveling battle pets so I paid someone 1k gold per pet to level a dozen and a half. Feels good to have a much stronger team to more reliably clear the Celestial Pet Tournament! I really like those Celestial pets so I want to collect them all.

Expansions never came with free game time. At least mine didn't.

Yeah they never have. Just creating a new account gives you a free month

StMeph

Successfully finished the extra Brawlers bosses over the weekend. Thanks to everyone's advice on Pet Battling, and some guides online, I was actually able to get it done in one night.

Got 3x Arcane Eyes from Karazhan (1 Rare, 2 Uncommon).
Had some trouble at Dragonblight on condors, so I went to Timeless Isle for the moths instead. The extras that join the battle lean toward fliers/aquatics much more, so they make for easier battles with the Eyes. Got 2 Rare moths and 1 Uncommon crab at level 23, and was immediately able to take down Doopy.

Except then I spent all weekend continuing to Pet Battle. Capped off the 23s to 25, beat the Master Trainers on all continents, and started leveling better pets. For what, I'm not sure, but I still want to do Celestial Tournament at some point (not going away, is it?), and I'm sure there will be some interesting stuff in WoD.

Also hunted down two Unborn Val'kir (one of each type) and a Minfernal.

Ultratech

Successfully finished the extra Brawlers bosses over the weekend. Thanks to everyone's advice on Pet Battling, and some guides online, I was actually able to get it done in one night.

Got 3x Arcane Eyes from Karazhan (1 Rare, 2 Uncommon).
Had some trouble at Dragonblight on condors, so I went to Timeless Isle for the moths instead. The extras that join the battle lean toward fliers/aquatics much more, so they make for easier battles with the Eyes. Got 2 Rare moths and 1 Uncommon crab at level 23, and was immediately able to take down Doopy.

Except then I spent all weekend continuing to Pet Battle. Capped off the 23s to 25, beat the Master Trainers on all continents, and started leveling better pets. For what, I'm not sure, but I still want to do Celestial Tournament at some point (not going away, is it?), and I'm sure there will be some interesting stuff in WoD.

Also hunted down two Unborn Val'kir (one of each type) and a Minfernal.

Grats on Brawler's Guild!
Hope you got room for all those shirts.

But you're making me jelly with those Unborn Val'kyr and that Minifernal.
(I can't ever find them for crap.)

ampere

I hope servers don't crap out tomorrow. Usually on major patch days maintenance takes all day. I expect that to happen tomorrow.

I expect them to die... but I hope they don't. Probably going to leave my computer on while I'm at work so it can do all the patching for when I get home. Just in case servers are actually ready for raid time lol.

For what, I'm not sure, but I still want to do Celestial Tournament at some point (not going away, is it?), and I'm sure there will be some interesting stuff in WoD.

Grats! The Celestial Tournament is not going anywhere and you will want a lot of good level 25 rare quality pets for it. Probably need at least 30 to reliably beat it. And there's lots of new pet battle junk in WoD.

I used a combination of these two guides to build my team. Sometimes I don't like what one guide says for a trainer (too RNG reliant or needs a specific breed I don't have).

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1827/a-pet-battlers-guide-to-defeating-the-celestial-tournament
http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4180-zagams-celestial-tournament-guide/

Boogdud

Do burst damage rogues still exist? Haven't played one since WOTLK.

Not interested in stun locking or using swords and shit. Just wanna gank the shit out of people with backstab

Heh, our ganking is pretty much gone and has been for two expansions now. Those were good times, before the dark times, before 750k health pools and resilience...

I'm not even sure there is a class that can burst down another class anymore. Thank arena for that.

RPGCrazied

I expect them to die... but I hope they don't. Probably going to leave my computer on while I'm at work so it can do all the patching for when I get home. Just in case servers are actually ready for raid time lol.

I hope not either. I can't wait to have a thriving AH again with the merged AH's. Should be able to finally sell stuff and buy stuff at reasonable prices.

StMeph

Grats on Brawler's Guild!
Hope you got room for all those shirts.

But you're making me jelly with those Unborn Val'kyr and that Minifernal.
(I can't ever find them for crap.)

Grats! The Celestial Tournament is not going anywhere and you will want a lot of good level 25 rare quality pets for it. Probably need at least 30 to reliably beat it. And there's lots of new pet battle junk in WoD.

I used a combination of these two guides to build my team. Sometimes I don't like what one guide says for a trainer (too RNG reliant or needs a specific breed I don't have).

Thanks. The Val'kir and Minfernal weren't too bad, actually, as the server population is way down, and most people who are on are focusing on the stuff being removed tomorrow -- Brawlers (queue's ridiculous), CMs, SoO.

I stupidly spent 180 tickets on the ugly Darkmoon emu mount just for collection's sake before I started leveling Pets, so I could have had a Zeppelin and Tonk instead.

Boogdud

I know it's a dick move, but I'm super excited to see the forums melt down with the new model feedback.

I want someone else to feel my pain about the only good undead face looking like hot garbage now..

first one on the list here

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I see multiple good new model faces in that link.

Boogdud

I see multiple good new model faces in that link.

I was mostly referring to the first face on that list. In vanilla it looks like a skull, no nose and 'stapled on' leather. The new model has a big bulbous drunken nose with leather slapped on his face. They don't look anything like each other.

I guess it's better than what they did with the orc faces. Which is to vastly improve the model of the face, but all of the individual 'looks' of the faces are gone. They essentially all look like the same face but with different eye colors now. See here

But mostly it will be because no matter what you do to the faces, after people getting attached to them for 7 years it will look 'wrong' to the majority of them.

I applaud them for the majority of the work, they've done a great job improving the quality of the models. I think the majority of the work is great, it's a monumental task and I think for the most part they achieved their goal. I just feel some of the faces/features do not convey the original look.

Fjordson

It's silly, but I think you're right right. People get mad about everything and will want their old faces back. Even though a) the new faces are infinitely better across the board and b) everyone has the option to revert back to the old models. Despite those things, I expect some sizable threads about it this week on the forums.

M.D

I was 47 when this day started and I'm only 54 now, and I've done dungeons in addition to quests

I don't know how say that can do these levels in a few hours, it feels like its taking for fucking ever

I just want to get to 60 to boost my character with the professions boost and start the legendary quest before the patch drops tomorrow

How effective is power level if someone runs me through some high-level dungeons? how long with that take to get me from 54 to 60?

When exactly is the patch dropping?

Fjordson

I was 47 when this day started and I'm only 54 now, and I've done dungeons in addition to quests

I don't know how say that can do these levels in a few hours, it feels like its taking for fucking ever

I just want to get to 60 to boost my character with the professions boost and start the legendary quest before the patch drops tomorrow

Well when people fly through the levels they're likely talking about a character with heirlooms as well as the bonus XP from being in a high level guild.

And basically you have until 1 AM pacific tonight. That's when they're taking down the servers for maintenance and when they come back up tomorrow (probably around noon pacific) 6.0 will be out.

strafer

How effective is power level if someone runs me through some high-level dungeons? how long with that take to get me from 54 to 60?

Not that effective actually, you get reduced XP when a max level character runs you through, you can get some nice loot though.

M.D

Well when people fly through the levels they're likely talking about a character with heirlooms as well as the bonus XP from being in a high level guild.

And basically you have until 1 AM pacific tonight. That's when they're taking down the servers for maintenance and when they come back up tomorrow (probably around noon pacific) 6.0 will be out.

Not that effective actually, you get reduced XP when a max level character runs you through, you can get some nice loot though.

I am with a 25 guild and wearing 2 heirlooms, but maybe I should buy 1 more from the guild vendor? maybe that cape or something..

How long is it till 1 AM pacific? I'm on a different time zone

Fjordson

I am with a 25 guild and wearing 2 heirlooms, but maybe I should buy 1 more from the guild vendor? maybe that cape or something..

How long is it till 1 AM pacific? I'm on a different time zone
Basically 15 hours. It's 10 AM pacific right now.

M.D

Basically 15 hours. It's 10 AM pacific right now.

Its going to be a long night..

So how do I get to blasted lands from stormwind? never went that on my previous character for questing, and the portal says its only useable for level 58+ (which seems really dumb considering they send you there at level 54)

MonkeyNuts

Neo Member
I'm really wondering if there's going to be a Character Services sale Tuesday. I imagine account services will be clogged with or without it.
I wouldnt be surprised if they had one closer to WOD launch. Not on Tuesday though... the system will be under enough pressure at that time.

Fjordson

@ M.D. Are you on an EU or Oceanic server? Those have a difference maintenance schedule I believe, so you'll have more time. But if you're on a US server then yeah, 15 hours.

Boogdud

So is anyone contemplating switching mains for the new xpac? I was melee since launch until about the middle of wrath when I switched mainly from rogue to hunter. Since cata it seems that going melee is just punishing yourself imo.

I'm not sure if that changed in WoD as I haven't really done any raiding in the beta at all. I'm considering playing my rogue as main in WoD, but I tried that at the beginning of MoP and had regrets almost instantly. Tons and tons of effects, target switching and lots of movement fights really made melee a pain. I switched back to my hunter and it was a world of difference. All of the damage of a melee at the safety of 40 yards.

I know lots of folks were complaining about melee near the end of MoP and Blizzard even acknowledged it at blizzcon. It almost has me ready to switch back to my beloved rogue, but I just don't know..

Fjordson

So is anyone contemplating switching mains for the new xpac? I was melee since launch until about the middle of wrath when I switched mainly from rogue to hunter. Since cata it seems that going melee is just punishing yourself imo.

I'm not sure if that changed in WoD as I haven't really done any raiding in the beta at all. I'm considering playing my rogue as main in WoD, but I tried that at the beginning of MoP and had regrets almost instantly. Tons and tons of effects, target switching and lots of movement fights really made melee a pain. I switched back to my hunter and it was a world of difference. All of the damage of a melee at the safety of 40 yards.

I know lots of folks were complaining about melee near the end of MoP and Blizzard even acknowledged it at blizzcon. It almost has me ready to switch back to my beloved rogue, but I just don't know..
I'm fairly positive I will. I love my hunter, but have been playing him since Wrath. I have my shaman and my lock at 90 and I'm even considering leveling a druid. Will be one of those three most likely.

strafer

I almost did but then my main came into my dreams and convinced me not to change.

M.D

@ M.D. Are you on an EU or Oceanic server? Those have a difference maintenance schedule I believe, so you'll have more time. But if you're on a US server then yeah, 15 hours.

Playing on EU, I'll go check that instead of being lazy. Thanks.

Made my way to blasted lands on foot from Darkshire, wasn't that hard actually

fuzzyset

54 - 60 isn't too bad. Head to Winterspring or something until 58. 58 - 60 seriously takes like 30 mins. Queue for the BC dungeons and do the quests. You get insane XP. 54-60 should take no more than a couple hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom