• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

Holy shit... how long had you been trying for?

I still remember when mine dropped. Such a huge sigh of relief. Then Flametalon of Alysrazor dropped on my third ever kill. So nuts. I'm still trying for my vampire pony though...

I super lucked out with the Raven Lord. I farmed it on my druid for a while during TBC, but it wasn't until I came back in MoP and thought I'd try it again that I got it on my second run.

vocab

I don't know how anyone can see the new female Tauren face as anything but an upgrade but ymmv, I Guess. I think the vanilla female Tauren model is one of the worst looking models in WoW.

I think female troll are worse, but ya they are pretty meh.

Poor female tauren couldn't even get into MC because their hitbox couldnt fit through the window.

StayDead

Guys any ideas on how druids will be in PVP in the new expansion? Just wanna decide on who to level up first :)

Judging my from burning crusade druid experience I'd take a guess of they'll either be broken in a good way or broken in a bad way, then nerfed or buffed too much in a constant cycle until the expansion ends.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
See, I'm torn, because all of the other races look so good. Maybe if I just wear a helmet all the time it will be okay.

Most of the time, you look at your character from behind, with your camera zoomed out. So even if you don't like the face, it's not like it's a very big issue...

Kaper

Most of the time, you look at your character from behind, with your camera zoomed out. So even if you don't like the face, it's not like it's a very big issue...

If you don't get attached to the characters that you've played for 7 years, then that's fine. I'm sure I'm not the only one that will be faced with this dilemma.

I can finally stop killing this guy on 4 characters a day...

p1045024346.jpg

Took me over 130 kills.

Big Chungus

I haven't played WoW since two weeks after MoP launched.

Anyone know if the RAF mounts are account wide now?

I still have my Rocket Mount to redeem.

Fjordson

Is it just me or are the new Orc and Tauren models amazing.

Been alliance since Wrath, but I really want to make a Tauren Druid on a new server.

fuzzyset

Considering druids are the most babied class in WoW, they are overpowered right now because their off healing makes healers look like a joke.

They're nerfing off healing in the expansion so Druids shouldn't be as powerful. They've always been awesome for PVP right? I see no reason why that won't continue.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If you don't get attached to the characters that you've played for 7 years, then that's fine. I'm sure I'm not the only one that will be faced with this dilemma.

If you're attached to the female tauren models than the onus is on you, those things are and always have been poopoo.

This may be WoWs 10th anniversary, but some of the player models are older than that. Check out this video from 2001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzM9lRWtETE

From 2002:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMtfwsgRKE

Orcs, Tauren, Dwarves, the only thing that changed between the earliest alphas and release were Humans.

Also, I wanted to note that I logged on to the ptr the other night and the pandaren pheonixes were in the mail, so I guess you don't have to actually buy the other 3, even though they are still on the vendor for 1000 gold for some reason.

Wunder

I haven't played WoW since two weeks after MoP launched.

Anyone know if the RAF mounts are account wide now?

I still have my Rocket Mount to redeem.

Yup, they are. Enjoying my glorious X-52 on all my characters, even though it looks kinda shitty

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They're nerfing off healing in the expansion so Druids shouldn't be as powerful. They've always been awesome for PVP right? I see no reason why that won't continue.

They've nerfed off healing in the expansion, but you wouldn't be able to tell that by Feral Druids in beta.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If you're attached to the female tauren models than the onus is on you, those things are and always have been poopoo.

This may be WoWs 10th anniversary, but some of the player models are older than that. Check out this video from 2001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzM9lRWtETE

From 2002:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMtfwsgRKE

Orcs, Tauren, Dwarves, the only thing that changed between the earliest alphas and release were Humans.

Also, I wanted to note that I logged on to the ptr the other night and the pandaren pheonixes were in the mail, so I guess you don't have to actually buy the other 3, even though they are still on the vendor for 1000 gold for some reason.

lol, these old trailers look so uninteresting when you look at them today.

Big Chungus

Is it worth playing through all the zones in MoP?

I remember making it into the 3rd or 4th zone, where the prince is fighting animal illusions in some temple?

and I only played one of the instances, where there's a bunch of rabbits running around a pub.

RPGCrazied

Is it worth playing through all the zones in MoP?

I remember making it into the 3rd or 4th zone, where the prince is fighting animal illusions in some temple?

and I only played one of the instances, where there's a bunch of rabbits running around a pub.

Dread Wastes has a pretty cool quest line introducing the Mantid, one of my favorite zones in MoP and the game.

Almost there for me..
Before quit ring i gave up most of my wealth in wow, when i got back i was sitting on 90k... 4 months later i'm just 56K away from my 500k pre-wod objective..
Last sacrifices!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Blizzard should offer free race changes to blood elves.
:(

That would be a little ridiculous. Imagine the bitching when blood elves are released and they don't give free changes back? It's gonna be about 3-4 months max of non-updated models.

Sometimes people say things and it's no wonder Blizzards forums are basically this:

r8hHx76.jpg

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
No Tich? The PST time is great for me and Realmpop shows it as the second biggest PvP server for horde.

Tich is really big because of PVP afaik. I don't know one big pvper that isn't on Tich atm, and they might all deflate onto another server when they switch to alliance.

antonz

What's a good high pop horde server these days? Kinda like Sargeras for alliance. Just Illidan? Or maybe Tichondrius?

Kil'jaeden is high horde pop. used to be relatively balanced but its like 95% horde now. Gotten so bad im leaving for the new expansion

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I play on Tich for my Horde characters and Sargeras for Alliance. Tich has a lot of grouping for things. I can always find people for BGs and older raids. Not sure how it is for current tier raiding since I don't really do that.

Just keep in mind with a huge server like Tich there is gonna be a queue to get in for awhile once the expansion launches.

Fjordson

I play on Tich for my Horde characters and Sargeras for Alliance. Tich has a lot of grouping for things. I can always find people for BGs and older raids. Not sure how it is for current tier raiding since I don't really do that.

Just keep in mind with a huge server like Tich there is gonna be a queue to get in for awhile once the expansion launches.
Ah, nice. The bolded is really what I'm looking for. It's why I love Sargeras for my alliance toons. Active at almost any time with lots of pugs for various things.

And yeah, queues don't bother me. They occasionally pop up on Sargeras, but it's not too common and is a small trade off for being on such an active realm.

Finally got both fist weapon heirlooms. Took like 2 hours for the ~6k justice. I think that's about all I'm gonna grind. Otherwise only missing a full INT mail set, and a few other unnecessary weapons.

Greetings WoW-gaf!

I'm not sure what strange force is compelling me to do this, but I think I'm doing to resub to WoW :O

I first played about 9 years ago not too long after the game came out. So I played a ton of vanilla, a bit of BC sporadically. I came back and played a little WoTLK as well for a month or two, got a DK to 75ish...I think?

Anyway, I kind of want to try out WoW again so I'm probably going to make a new character to level and relearn the game.

Are there any GAF guilds? I want to play Horde and would like to join a guild if possible so the social aspect is there to hook me. If you guys are hardcore raiders or something without room for returning noobs like myself that's cool too, just let me know.

Looking forward to getting back in...I think.

TheYanger

Greetings WoW-gaf!

I'm not sure what strange force is compelling me to do this, but I think I'm doing to resub to WoW :O

I first played about 9 years ago not too long after the game came out. So I played a ton of vanilla, a bit of BC sporadically. I came back and played a little WoTLK as well for a month or two, got a DK to 75ish...I think?

Anyway, I kind of want to try out WoW again so I'm probably going to make a new character to level and relearn the game.

Are there any GAF guilds? I want to play Horde and would like to join a guild if possible so the social aspect is there to hook me. If you guys are hardcore raiders or something without room for returning noobs like myself that's cool too, just let me know.

Looking forward to getting back in...I think.

Gaf is pretty spread out sadly, we've all sort of got our own things going on. That said there are a lot of us on random servers (Pick one of the high pop ones for sure) and maybe some will post here that will accept people for guilds as casual ranks. If not, if you're on a good server it won't be hard to find a guild, just join em and see if they're reasonable people or not. I know I get invited to levelling guilds 24-7 if I'm low level unguilded.

As much as the game hasn't changed a lot...it has also changed a ton, so try not tog et SUPER overwhelmed, since you played some in wrath that'll help for sure.

Gaf is pretty spread out sadly, we've all sort of got our own things going on. That said there are a lot of us on random servers (Pick one of the high pop ones for sure) and maybe some will post here that will accept people for guilds as casual ranks. If not, if you're on a good server it won't be hard to find a guild, just join em and see if they're reasonable people or not. I know I get invited to levelling guilds 24-7 if I'm low level unguilded.

As much as the game hasn't changed a lot...it has also changed a ton, so try not tog et SUPER overwhelmed, since you played some in wrath that'll help for sure.

Got it thanks. I'm prepared to be overwhelmed. Hopefully it feels new enough that I don't get too bored.

Any servers you could recommend? I'd be playing horde and don't mind world PvP, if that still exists, lol.

TheYanger

Got it thanks. I'm prepared to be overwhelmed. Hopefully it feels new enough that I don't get too bored.

Any servers you could recommend? I'd be playing horde and don't mind world PvP, if that still exists, lol.

Like mentioned a few posts ago, Mal'ganis, Illidan, A52, Zuljin. I know Carbon falcon and I are on Mal'ganis, not sure about other folks around here.

Salamando

Just resubbed for the first time since Feb, for no other reason than to burn my Valor on upgrades prior to Tues. Now just have to hope a 574 ilvl's enough to get me into some Garrosh pugs. I want dem 'looms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom