• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

I am switching mains.

I have been a warrior since the end of vanilla, nearly always prot.

Just bored of them to be honest. Want something different. I lvled a monk and did challenge modes with him, adn it was very fun, but I felt too squishy. It's a very dynamic playstyle, and very fun.

THen I lvled a druid and tanked challenge modes with him , and I felt invincible. Both monk and druid are fresh characters too, with just some pieces from ToT lfr to do challenge modes.

I love, love the druid. Just feel like a fucking tank mauling everything.

99% maining a guardian in WoD. Our other tank is a prot paladin and we have another dude who we will feed gear too for whenever needed, who is a DK, so as the GM I also didn't want us to have only plate tanks because it will affect them gearing at the same pace. gearing a prot warr also will be more annoying since we are gonna have 1-2 gladiator warriors in the runs.

I am still going to play on my warrior, probably transferring him to Tich and working towards the high warlord title. I did some rated bg's in the last month and got to 2200 almost. I really want that High Warlord title

TheYanger

Don't necessarily want to switch mains, but very well may anyway if the guild wants. Will still level the DK before any raiding starts for sure.

ampere

I stupidly spent 180 tickets on the ugly Darkmoon emu mount just for collection's sake before I started leveling Pets, so I could have had a Zeppelin and Tonk instead.

Aw bummer. Yeah you definitely want those two Darkmoon pets. I actually have two Zeppelins because it makes certain things like the Xuen battle in Celestial Tournament super super easy.

MonkeyNuts

Neo Member
So is anyone contemplating switching mains for the new xpac? I was melee since launch until about the middle of wrath when I switched mainly from rogue to hunter. Since cata it seems that going melee is just punishing yourself imo.

I'm not sure if that changed in WoD as I haven't really done any raiding in the beta at all. I'm considering playing my rogue as main in WoD, but I tried that at the beginning of MoP and had regrets almost instantly. Tons and tons of effects, target switching and lots of movement fights really made melee a pain. I switched back to my hunter and it was a world of difference. All of the damage of a melee at the safety of 40 yards.

I know lots of folks were complaining about melee near the end of MoP and Blizzard even acknowledged it at blizzcon. It almost has me ready to switch back to my beloved rogue, but I just don't know..
I have been with the same druid since BC but when 5.4 came out and I went back I discoverd the awesomeness that is elemental / restoration shaman, blew me away how fun it was.

It leaves me in a dilemma tbh, do I stick with my main I have played all these years or switch to the class I find really FUN ?

ampere

I am switching mains.

I have been a warrior since the end of vanilla, nearly always prot.

Just bored of them to be honest. Want something different. I lvled a monk and did challenge modes with him, adn it was very fun, but I felt too squishy. It's a very dynamic playstyle, and very fun.

THen I lvled a druid and tanked challenge modes with him , and I felt invincible. Both monk and druid are fresh characters too, with just some pieces from ToT lfr to do challenge modes.

I love, love the druid. Just feel like a fucking tank mauling everything.

99% maining a guardian in WoD. Our other tank is a prot paladin and we have another dude who we will feed gear too for whenever needed, who is a DK, so as the GM I also didn't want us to have only plate tanks because it will affect them gearing at the same pace. gearing a prot warr also will be more annoying since we are gonna have 1-2 gladiator warriors in the runs.

Interesting to hear someone love Druid tanking... I found Guardian to be so boring. I've tanked on it since Wrath because it's fun to be a Bear, but... boring. You are right about Paladin/Druid being a great combo for gear distribution. My co-tank is a Warrior and I'm a Monk so gearing will suck. We share everything except weapons, bracers, and boots.

Don't necessarily want to switch mains, but very well may anyway if the guild wants. Will still level the DK before any raiding starts for sure.

You found a new guild? Grats. Think you'll be tanking or dps

vocab

Melee in siege was easy. I just like being in there where shit happens. If you were a dk or a warrior you can just stand in shit for DPs gains. I played dk, and ww and it was fine. Not being able to fof properly is a bitch during high movement though.

Kraftwerk

Interesting to hear someone love Druid tanking... I found Guardian to be so boring. I've tanked on it since Wrath because it's fun to be a Bear, but... boring. You are right about Paladin/Druid being a great combo for gear distribution. My co-tank is a Warrior and I'm a Monk so gearing will suck. We share everything except weapons, bracers, and boots.

Oh, I agree that is is 'boring'. Honeslty, the only thing I can say is repeat what you just said;

Its fun to be a bear!

giphy.gif

TheYanger

I'm doing CMs on my guardian right now, I dig it. It's the perfect tank to not have as your main spec because it's got the fun basics of tanking, but relatively few buttons to worry about so you don't get overwhelmed.

And yeah I just went back to Vigil, no idea what I'll play still.

Boogdud

Melee in siege was easy. I just like being in there where shit happens. If you were a dk or a warrior you can just stand in shit for DPs gains. I played dk, and ww and it was fine. Not being able to fof properly is a bitch during high movement though.

Rogue was really a pain for me. Mostly because of DKs and every other firework class preventing me from seeing where I actually was, or what I was supposed to be hitting. There were times when I genuinely couldn't tell if I was hitting a mob because I couldn't even read the 'not in range' warning. Being an undead rogue probably didn't help because he was so small.

Maybe it's because I have everything cranked up as far as effects and graphics go, but it was really difficult to see what was going on.

Felspawn

Rogue was really a pain for me. Mostly because of DKs and every other firework class preventing me from seeing where I actually was, or what I was supposed to be hitting. There were times when I genuinely couldn't tell if I was hitting a mob because I couldn't even read the 'not in range' warning. Being an undead rogue probably didn't help because he was so small.

Maybe it's because I have everything cranked up as far as effects and graphics go, but it was really difficult to see what was going on.

I heard they were toning down effects on the client side of wow (at least for people that arent you) to help address this kind of thing, is that still a go for WoD or did it get pushed back

Have mostly played Disc Priest since the beginning of WotLK, but in all likelihood will be switching to Resto Druid because of how much better they are than other healers in WoD PvP.

Will still level my Priest(s) and my MW Monk too when the game balances itself out in the future. Probably my Resto Shaman and Holy Paladin at some point too. I don't ever see myself switching roles, though.

Just hit level 86 last night and between 85 and 86 the exp requirements have jumped by like double. WTF. I think I'm at like 10.5 million to get from 86 to 87. Does this curve continue exponentially like this until I hit 90?

Also, I'm a little bit miffed that dungeons are removed from the dungeon finder once your level is too high. Is the only way to get a group for a dungeon after you pass its level requirement to find a group manually? And are all of the Cataclysm and WotLK heroics soloable at 90?

zerosum

Of all the changes, I think I'm more hyped about the bag/storage improvements the most. Feels weird to be pumped about that, but damn, my bags are a mess.

I heard they were toning down effects on the client side of wow (at least for people that arent you) to help address this kind of thing, is that still a go for WoD or did it get pushed back

FFXIV gives you the option of setting how many effects you see from yourself and others. Is it something similar to that or are they just toning it down altogether?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wish there was a GAF guild. Eonar is such a dead server.

Ultratech

So looking at this guide over at Wowhead, seems that due to the stat squish in WoD, some older Enchants and Food are suddenly more powerful.

So is anyone contemplating switching mains for the new xpac? I was melee since launch until about the middle of wrath when I switched mainly from rogue to hunter. Since cata it seems that going melee is just punishing yourself imo.

I'm not sure if that changed in WoD as I haven't really done any raiding in the beta at all. I'm considering playing my rogue as main in WoD, but I tried that at the beginning of MoP and had regrets almost instantly. Tons and tons of effects, target switching and lots of movement fights really made melee a pain. I switched back to my hunter and it was a world of difference. All of the damage of a melee at the safety of 40 yards.

I know lots of folks were complaining about melee near the end of MoP and Blizzard even acknowledged it at blizzcon. It almost has me ready to switch back to my beloved rogue, but I just don't know..

Not likely. Then again, my main chars are my Hunter and DK, so if I get tired of Ranged, I'll swap over to Melee.

I'm doing CMs on my guardian right now, I dig it. It's the perfect tank to not have as your main spec because it's got the fun basics of tanking, but relatively few buttons to worry about so you don't get overwhelmed.

And yeah I just went back to Vigil, no idea what I'll play still.

This is...surprisingly true.

That's probably the one thing I liked about playing as a Bear Tank; there's really not a ton of button bloat to worry about.

Prot if you want fast dungeon queues, it's also decent at levelling but can be slow if you just pull single mobs. Ret is really fast for questing, you can knock down a mob in literally two spell casts, or pull lots and have decent survivability and DIVINEEE STORMMMMMMMM

So with the prot the philosophy is to pull like 2-3 mobs and take them down?

I used to have a pally probably 8 years ago and that's what I used to do. Of course builds and everything has changed so much I'm trying to figure everything out. I love playing as a tank on my DK for dungeons in Wotlk so thanks I'll probably do that.

Me too man, but I have a fear that I'll hate all of you and I won't be able to post here again
I don't have that fear. But I would fear moving to a new server and a bunch of you assholes* stop playing and thus I wasted money transferring from a server I've been on for ten years.

*I say that lovingly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know why you'd want a Gaf guild. You can do just about anything through cross-realm, and it gets you access to other servers for rares. It's not like we would have a raid team or anything because there's not that many people who post on this OT compared to more recent releases, and there's no way any of us have the same schedule.

Wunder

So with the prot the philosophy is to pull like 2-3 mobs and take them down?

I used to have a pally probably 8 years ago and that's what I used to do. Of course builds and everything has changed so much I'm trying to figure everything out. I love playing as a tank on my DK for dungeons in Wotlk so thanks I'll probably do that.

Nah, you can do that with Ret. With Prot you can end up pulling 6-7 or more mobs and aoeing them all down, thanks to the tank passives in the revamp in Cataclysm (I think?). Unfortunately, not that many areas have that amount of mob density so you kind of end up pulling 3-4 and shittily hitting them with your sword, which usually makes Ret faster, in the questing part of the game anyway.

I don't have that fear. But I would fear moving to a new server and a bunch of you assholes* stop playing and thus I wasted money transferring from a server I've been on for ten years.

*I say that lovingly.

Yeah, whenever I restart WoW I start a new character on whoever is still playing and then they end up quitting, leaving me on a random server with no one else. Kinda sucks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ready for 6.0 tomorrow so I can smash DPS with my Arms Warrior without paying attention :D

Those new Fury rotations make me want to reroll my Shaman, so I can pay even less attention. When I was messing with it in beta, it was like, 'Really?! That's all I have to do?'

ampere

I don't know why you'd want a Gaf guild. You can do just about anything through cross-realm, and it gets you access to other servers for rares. It's not like we would have a raid team or anything because there's not that many people who post on this OT compared to more recent releases, and there's no way any of us have the same schedule.

Yea, pretty much.

Might be fun to schedule some WoW GAF events sometime, but we don't need to be on the same realms to do it.

Felspawn

I originally rolled on Medivh back in Vanilla, Got a Warlock and Paladin to 60 but after a big blowup with my Guild i re-rolled a new version of my Warlock on the Sentinels Server when it was created. Eventually brought over my Paladin. 90% of my time in wow has been on that server. At one point as its population was dropping the guild i was in at the time moved to Wyrmrest accord. and i moved several of my toons over there. (not cheap :( ) only to have the guild blow up on me. I've since returned to Sentinels. Most of my toons made it back over (Sorry original Sentinels Warlock, still miss you but wasnt about to spend $55 to get you back on. Thats what my 3rd Felspawn is for (4th if you want to count the Horde version ) In the endbBetween the server merging with Kiran-tor and Steamwheedle cartel and Cross Server raiding i'm on sentinels until they turn off the lights to wow.

Wouldnt be bad to have a GAF thing going, should we just start listing off Battle.net IDs?

I originally rolled on Medivh back in Vanilla, Got a Warlock and Paladin to 60 but after a big blowup with my Guild i re-rolled a new version of my Warlock on the Sentinels Server when it was created. Eventually brought over my Paladin. 90% of my time in wow has been on that server. At one point as its population was dropping the guild i was in at the time moved to Wyrmrest accord. and i moved several of my toons over there. (not cheap :( ) only to have the guild blow up on me. I've since returned to Sentinels. Most of my toons made it back over (Sorry original Sentinels Warlock, still miss you but wasnt about to spend $55 to get you back on. Thats what my 3rd Felspawn is for (4th if you want to count the Horde version ) In the endbBetween the server merging with Kiran-tor and Steamwheedle cartel and Cross Server raiding i'm on sentinels until they turn off the lights to wow.

Wouldnt be bad to have a GAF thing going, should we just start listing off Battle.net IDs?

I'd be up for doing flex raiding on the Horde side come the next patch(Gimme dat heirloom).

Throne#1119

I have a 446 Mage, I have a Warlock but he's alli atm, waiting for Spirits to become unbound so I can transfer them all at once with my warlock.

If anyones in Kil'jaedan, I'm going to start recruiting for WoD as well soon(Horde side, just freshly transferred to that server).

The biggest advantage to guilding still is to keep group conversations going without actually having to be in a party/raid. Otherwise, the idea of having a chunk of pink/blue tabs to keep track of would drive me nuts (I have it set up to open a new tab for each person who whispers me).

But I agree. If you're only looking to get stuff done in a group, a guild is not needed.

vocab

Well didn't Guilds used to be more about making friends and a community when you logged on....not just perks....

Its still like that for a lot of people my self included. The people in my guild I like to talk and play with. If you do any kind of progression raiding it's nice to have a guild like that.

Cesspool guilds take advantage of people who don't know anything. There's a reason the cashflow perk is going away.

Nah, you can do that with Ret. With Prot you can end up pulling 6-7 or more mobs and aoeing them all down, thanks to the tank passives in the revamp in Cataclysm (I think?). Unfortunately, not that many areas have that amount of mob density so you kind of end up pulling 3-4 and shittily hitting them with your sword, which usually makes Ret faster, in the questing part of the game anyway.

Yeah, whenever I restart WoW I start a new character on whoever is still playing and then they end up quitting, leaving me on a random server with no one else. Kinda sucks.

Ah ok, I went with Ret. I kill mobs pretty fast so I'm liking it so far. I do always enjoy being a tank in dungeons so we'll see what happens down the line. I got to level 12 last night so if nothing has changed, maybe I can do WC or somthing soon :D (if it still exists)

Decided to use my level 90 boost for a horde alt at level 90 because I'm honestly out of classes I'm interested in on the Alliance side.

Just a question of what professions I want boosted. It's tempting to take two gathering professions for money since they're getting rid of combat perks from every profession. It's unlikely I'll ever craft anything horde side since they're merging auction houses come WoD.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Decided to use my level 90 boost for a horde alt at level 90 because I'm honestly out of classes I'm interested in on the Alliance side.

Just a question of what professions I want boosted. It's tempting to take two gathering professions for money since they're getting rid of combat perks from every profession. It's unlikely I'll ever craft anything horde side since they're merging auction houses come WoD.

There's still stuff in garrisons you can only make if you've got the trade skill and the building for it.

M.D

Ah, then you have until Wednesday 01:00 CEST.

Finding out about this was such a relief ;p

54 - 60 isn't too bad. Head to Winterspring or something until 58. 58 - 60 seriously takes like 30 mins. Queue for the BC dungeons and do the quests. You get insane XP. 54-60 should take no more than a couple hours.

I ended up going to Blasted Lands at 54

The weird part is, I'm completely done with it (as far as I can tell, there are no more quests for me to do) and I'm halfway through to level 58, but it's supposed to be a zone for 54-60

I didn't do dungeons or anything while leveling, so this weird to me
When I played my first character and was actually interested in staying in the same area I would always blow through the levels and have to go to another area, but now I'm stuck here lol

Jag

That's exactly what I did. I had every class at 90 on Alliance except Warrior so I made a 90 Horde Warrior...just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom