• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Oh, I agree that is is 'boring'. Honeslty, the only thing I can say is repeat what you just said;

Its fun to be a bear!

giphy.gif

YAASS!!!! I've been bear tanking since late BC. It's always been my main. Yes the rotation is boring and easy but I really enjoy it. Sometimes the easiness of its play style works well if you plan on raid leading or group leading too.

Tamanon

Banned
So, with big patch tomorrow, when is everyone expecting the game to actually be up?

I'm thinking by 6 PM EST, which might be a record. Hopefully Destiny won't be down tomorrow also.

Touchdown

Banned
So, with big patch tomorrow, when is everyone expecting the game to actually be up?

I'm thinking by 6 PM EST, which might be a record. Hopefully Destiny won't be down tomorrow also.

Hmm.. I'm thinking 5pm est, which would work out nice for me since I'll just be getting out of work.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Since last week was so bad, I'm going to assume it was all in preparation for 6.0, and it'll be up immediately.

Just kidding, 8 pm.

M.D

Just making sure before I reach 60 and use my boost

Engineering and Enchanting are the 2 professions to level right? These are the most difficult ones to level up?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just making sure before I reach 60 and use my boost

Engineering and Enchanting are the 2 professions to level right? These are the most difficult ones to level up?

Enchanting is easy to level up. Leatherworking is probably the hardest.

StayDead

Engineering is horrible to level. I've done it to max on two characters and I don't regret it, but it's not particularly useful unless you're using it for the fun stuff.

Ultratech

Enhancement is hard ok

Funny you bring that up.

Was grinding JP and got this crazy-ass Enhance Shammy who was just melting mobs.

He wasn't even in like Heroic gear or anything, but he was cutting through mobs like butter.

Made doing dungeons super easy until he decided to leave.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Still can't figure out how to do Heroic 25 man Gunship solo. Unless it's in PTR but not in Beta?

I don't know how to do it, I just put it to 10 man, clear up to LK and then switch to heroic 25.

Unless you want a piece of transmog or shadowfrost shard, I don't think it's worth the trouble to do gunship H25.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Funny you bring that up.

Was grinding JP and got this crazy-ass Enhance Shammy who was just melting mobs.

He wasn't even in like Heroic gear or anything, but he was cutting through mobs like butter.

Made doing dungeons super easy until he decided to leave.

Mine is 581, and sometimes I forget to pop cooldowns in 5 mans because it never seems worth it. Just wish I could queue as a tank for those 5 mans like Ret paladins, Fury Warriors, and Frost DKs can. That'll be gone in WoD either way though.
I don't know how to do it, I just put it to 10 man, clear up to LK and then switch to heroic 25.

Unless you want a piece of transmog or shadowfrost shard, I don't think it's worth the trouble to do gunship H25.

I always hear scuttlebutt about how that makes it so Invincible doesn't drop.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Mine is 581, and sometimes I forget to pop cooldowns in 5 mans because it never seems worth it. Just wish I could queue as a tank for those 5 mans like Ret paladins, Fury Warriors, and Frost DKs can. That'll be gone in WoD either way though.

I always hear scuttlebutt about how that makes it so Invincible doesn't drop.

...Why would that be the case if you can now skip Dreamwalker altogether? =|

Cmon, it's bullshit hearsay.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
...Why would that be the case if you can now skip Dreamwalker altogether? =|

Cmon, it's bullshit hearsay.

Dunno, but it's the same company that makes it so you can't solo Yogg without a pet class or some kind of castable lingering AOE like Destro Locks to kill tentacles but still bothers to fix Thorim.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I found their rotation to be tough, before I setup cooldown addons anyway. Compared to something like a Boomkin! Maybe Melee dps is just generally tougher and I never knew

Harder than WW, Rogues and dps DK to me, but I find Enhancement lines up in difficulty of rotations with Fury currently. Replacing Colossus Smash watch with Unleash Elements watch. And Feral Druid's probably the hardest melee spec I've played, but I don't think it's near as bad as people make it out to be with the John Maddens.

Arksy

Ok so I begged blizzard for a free copy of MoP and they for some reason, obliged.

Now I need to figure out what class to play, I'll be starting from level 1....

Ok so I begged blizzard for a free copy of MoP and they for some reason, obliged.

Now I need to figure out what class to play, I'll be starting from level 1....

I didn't pay for MoP and Cataclysm, somehow. Anyway, I started a Pally and it's been fun. Super easy to solo elites and quest alone. Kill things so fast too.

Anyone have any links to profession related information or changes? The patch notes were pretty sparse asides from just saying combat related bonuses were removed. I assume this means stuff like sockets for BS and unique JC gems. Not sure how that relates to engineering either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can't wait for the next next expansion, so I can solo MSV. Beta has only reinfroced my need for the Astral Cloud Serpent. Was doing it with an OpenRaid group for a while, but I quit the game for a period.

Maddrical

I'm going to pre-order the new expansion for the character boost. I haven't played (other than my current level 30) in about 4 years. Does anyone know the best Australian server for a strong community? The main reason I gave up on this game was the lack of a decent community.

I'm maining my Ret Paladin, just really liking how it plays and the rotation doesn't get boring to me with all its procs and its nice and flashy.

I have no idea what professions I'm going with. Currently I have nothing maxed on my Paladin. I think I'm going mining/engineering. Can sell ore for some gold or use it on engineering stuff. Although Herbalism/Alchemy is attractive to me as well, being able to make your own potions/flasks.

antonz

I'm maining my Ret Paladin, just really liking how it plays and the rotation doesn't get boring to me with all its procs and its nice and flashy.

I have no idea what professions I'm going with. Currently I have nothing maxed on my Paladin. I think I'm going mining/engineering. Can sell ore for some gold or use it on engineering stuff. Although Herbalism/Alchemy is attractive to me as well, being able to make your own potions/flasks.

Ore will lose a good chunk of its value in WOD with everyone having a mine

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And it's not like you get a ton of ore from that mine. You get like the equivalent of ghost iron chunks from it then you have to turn it in for proper ore.

Robin64

Going to be painful seeing everyone with shiny new models tomorrow while my Blood Elf stands around looking like an origami motherfucker.

wtb Forsaken Paladins.

Found out why I never quested in Blade's Edge. So much running around. Half the quests you get send you to the other side of the zone. Without a flying mount I would have gone insane. Still was able to hit 69 on my hunter before reset and checked for a rare spawn core hound, but it wasn't up.

Robin64

I can finally go and fight Ordos!

I'm at the stage where you have to take down the commanders on the beach, so I doubt I could even finish the cloak before November 13th now.

StayDead

This is the best reason to take a profession. I love engineering.

Maybe it's not so bad now but farming all the "fun recipes" from like Vanilla and TBC during TBC was completely awful. I think they changed it in MOP though to rather than the recipes being hard to get, it just takes forever due to living steel and the stupid one day cooldown thing. ;_;

I don't think I can get my legendary cloak either. I missed out on challenge modes and killing Garrosh and I'm trying to collect Secrets of the Empire (after the Valor and PVP stuff) but I'm not sure I can put myself through LFR again.

TheYanger

Maybe it's not so bad now but farming all the "fun recipes" from like Vanilla and TBC during TBC was completely awful. I think they changed it in MOP though to rather than the recipes being hard to get, it just takes forever due to living steel and the stupid one day cooldown thing. ;_;

I don't think I can get my legendary cloak either. I missed out on challenge modes and killing Garrosh and I'm trying to collect Secrets of the Empire (after the Valor and PVP stuff) but I'm not sure I can put myself through LFR again.

You're definitely close enough, just a matter of hitting the LFRs. I know it's trying sometimes (And probably a lot worse now than it was a year ago thanks to resubbed boosted 90s), but if you're willing to do the zones, you'll get your cloak if you're on secrets.

StayDead

You're definitely close enough, just a matter of hitting the LFRs. I know it's trying sometimes (And probably a lot worse now than it was a year ago thanks to resubbed boosted 90s), but if you're willing to do the zones, you'll get your cloak if you're on secrets.

Have they buffed the droprate then? I went for about 10 runs of LFR and didn't get one drop which is why I gave up a few months ago haha.

Do both Draenor and Outland use the same Blasted Lands portal? If so, how do we decide our destination? I've got a L58 Priest in Blasted Lands leveling up -- curious to see how badly the L90 event kills that. =/

Do both Draenor and Outland use the same Blasted Lands portal? If so, how do we decide our destination? I've got a L58 Priest in Blasted Lands leveling up -- curious to see how badly the L90 event kills that. =/

Might be level-based. Similar to how once you pass a certain level Theramore disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom