• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Wonder if that means it'll be green for my L58 and red for my L90s. I guess the L90s have to use a portal to get to Outland (Shatt) then, if that is the way it is going to work?

Once you are in Panderia you can use the portal in your factions Shrine. No real reason to ever use that portal after you can set a hearth in Shatt. either. Really only need it from 58-68, after that you have either no reason to go or alternate means to get there.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Interesting. Wonder if that means it'll be green for my L58 and red for my L90s. I guess the L90s have to use a portal to get to Outland (Shatt) then, if that is the way it is going to work?

The Blasted Lands portal in Swing/Org takes you to Hellfire now.

1up

I imagine a lot of people who dont read anything will be surprised when they login.

I was thinking the same thing. I cant wait to read the posts about "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY CHARACTER?!"

Some people dont realize how much is changing. New Login screen, character models, talents, spells being pruned, its a madhouse!

glaurung

Wait, does this pre-patch include all the overall changes that were planned for WoD?

Will the expansion in a month only deliver the area contents then?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Wait, does this pre-patch include all the overall changes that were planned for WoD?

Will the expansion in a month only deliver the area contents then?

Just imagine for a month that WoD is out, you just haven't bought it yet.

There, that's what this patch is.

Which just started on the launcher by the way. Restart the Battle.net app and start the arduous casc conversion.

RPGCrazied

Make sure you leave your bnet app open this morning guys, it has to optimize your game files, which could take awhile on a slower computer.

Ultratech

Do both Draenor and Outland use the same Blasted Lands portal? If so, how do we decide our destination? I've got a L58 Priest in Blasted Lands leveling up -- curious to see how badly the L90 event kills that. =/

I don't think you can use the Portal, but you should be able to quest in Blasted Lands.

The idea is that the area is phased, kinda like how the Barrens was for 5.3.

Edit: Here we go:
You can still complete low-level quests in the Blasted Lands via phasing that is very similar to Theramore--speak to Zidormi near Swamp of Sorrows. The one change is that old flightmasters are now disabled.

As the Dark Portal now takes you directly to Hellfire Peninsula, there is a new way to get to Blasted Lands. There are new portals in capital cities taking you to the Shattered Beachhead in Blasted Lands, which is very close to Nethergarde Keep. A new flightpath is then available at this location.

av2k

Hey guys, is there an official NeoGAF clan? I wasn't able to find anything on that in the opening post.

I wouldn't mind paying for a server transfer or race to play with you guys.

RPGCrazied

Hey guys, is there an official NeoGAF clan? I wasn't able to find anything on that in the opening post.

I wouldn't mind paying for a server transfer or race to play with you guys.

Not that I know of. I think it could be really fun, and this thread has a lot of members that we could always have something going on raid wise. But everyone is so spread out across servers and countries its kinda hard to form anything.

Anyone here uses a disc priest to heal SoO normal? Kinda worried when the 6.0 patch hits tomorrow and my disc priest is completely useless. And I'll probably have a bad time healing SoO if holy is the new specc thats viable in healing SoO because my current healing disc build is crit mastery

StMeph

Have they buffed the droprate then? I went for about 10 runs of LFR and didn't get one drop which is why I gave up a few months ago haha.

It's possible that you're not accounting for which bosses drop what loot. Secrets only come from ToT bosses + first two wings of SoO. Runestones only come from the last two ToT and first two SoO. Plus, Lei Shen and Sha of Pride both guarantee a drop of whichever step you're on, so while it's not impossible to get zero drops, the absolute floor in a week is 2.

The Blasted Lands portal in Swing/Org takes you to Hellfire now.

Noooooooooo. That was the quickest way to access southern EK for Horde.

You can still complete low-level quests in the Blasted Lands via phasing that is very similar to Theramore--speak to Zidormi near Swamp of Sorrows. The one change is that old flightmasters are now disabled.

As the Dark Portal now takes you directly to Hellfire Peninsula, there is a new way to get to Blasted Lands. There are new portals in capital cities taking you to the Shattered Beachhead in Blasted Lands, which is very close to Nethergarde Keep. A new flightpath is then available at this location.

Whew.

Wubby

I'm sad. Amazon will no longer ship the physical CE to Japan. I have all the CE's going back to TBC but looks like I'll just have to get the digital one now. I wonder if this is a new policy for all Blizz products going forward.

RPGCrazied

I'm sad. Amazon will no longer ship the physical CE to Japan. I have all the CE's going back to TBC but looks like I'll just have to get the digital one now. I wonder if this is a new policy for all Blizz products going forward.

Don't feel bad, I'm only missing Wrath's CE, but I can no longer buy it new. I'm not going to spend $500+ on it either.

Felspawn

I have all the CE (even Vanilla wow which involved a 2 hour drive out of state to find in stock at launch) except for Cataclysm. Wasnt really playing the game at the time. Maybe one of these days i'll buy myself a copy of it to have next to the others

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
anybody else having trouble downloading patch data?

i get an error:

Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.

OK

More help: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

Or contact Customer Support if this continues.

i followed the link and followed the steps to delete cache file but no luck.

Felspawn

Don't feel bad, I'm only missing Wrath's CE, but I can no longer buy it new. I'm not going to spend $500+ on it either.

you can get a copy of Wrath's CE used, so it comes with everything except the CD key has been used (which you don't need), for like $30-50 on amazon.

komplanen

Just use a re-shipping service. I used reship.com once for an Amazon US item to Finland and it worked perfect. It's obviously extra cost added but I'd do it if you got all the previous physical boxes. There are, of course, other similar services like myus.com.

cdyhybrid

When the servers come back up
tomorrow
I'll organize my bank/inventory, go complete the pre-launch event, and then try and get into BRS.

av2k

Not that I know of. I think it could be really fun, and this thread has a lot of members that we could always have something going on raid wise. But everyone is so spread out across servers and countries its kinda hard to form anything.

Agreed! I'm on the NeoGAF Diablo clan and that's been a huge blast. Was looking forward to have some sort of clan here as well.. kinda bummed. hah

-NeoTB1-

I'm pretty happy with all I accomplished in MoP. It wasn't my favorite expansion, but the content was (mostly) enjoyable. I will be glad to never run SoO ever again, though.

Hmm, that sucks. I have all the CEs. The only one that I didn't buy originally was the vanilla CE. I went back years later and bought it off ebay for $40 or so. They look so nice sitting on the shelf in my home office.

RPGCrazied

if i pre order WoD, do i still get a free 90?

Yep. Do you want it now or the 13th of November? If you want it now you have to buy the digital version through Blizzard, otherwise all retail copies will come with a 90 boost, but you have to wait until launch day.

Rizific

Yep. Do you want it now or the 13th of November? If you want it now you have to buy the digital version through Blizzard, otherwise all retail copies will come with a 90 boost, but you have to wait until launch day.

thanks for the quick reply. since ive got physicals of all the expacs, i might as well wait for release.

-NeoTB1-

Anyone do the launch event on the ptr/beta? Do you get anything cool for transmog, or an item you can use? Or is it just lore?

I'm not in the beta, but the notes on mmo-champ say:

This quest line rewards the Iron Starlette pet, the The Iron Invasion achievement, and the of the Iron Vanguard title.

So, pet, title and achievement. Not sure about gear, though. You may have to rely on the revamped UBRS for that.

TheYanger

Have they buffed the droprate then? I went for about 10 runs of LFR and didn't get one drop which is why I gave up a few months ago haha.

There's been a buffed drop rate rolling for ages. Both increased naturally at some point, and they put in a buff that doubled black prince rep and drop rates for the quest items. It's been on for like a month straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom