• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

komplanen

The revamped UBRS gear is so ugly it's painful. Thank god the looks can be changed.

Also finally the iLVL requirement for the new UBRS has been posted

The Item Level Requirement for the level 90 version of UBRS is 510.

There's currently a minor bug where the dungeon won't even show up at all if you're not iLVL 510. If you are, then there's no issue.

Wunder

I wasn't being totally serious, but usually big patches like this rarely, if ever, go smoothly.

Well 11am PDT is like 7pm for me so I really only have like a 4-5 hour window. I just want to experience the insanity that will be the Blasted Lands. I should've taken the damn portal last night too, oh well.

RPGCrazied

Dat new forum theme.

Untitled.png

Tweedy

That video was funny, I never did get around to doing Heroic SoO which I regret, but never mind. New and exciting things start tomorrow!

I wish there was a NeoGAF guild too.

ampere

Warlock went 8/9 gold :(((((((((((((

At least I finished on my DK I guess.

Yeah I saw you on, figured that's what you were doing. I got roped into helping a friend's mage... was up much later than I planned since we somehow struggled with MSP.

Mythic raid day. New content. Oh my god its been so long.

"new" content

Really just learning the class changes and healing/tanking changes :p. But I am excited!

There still is a NeoGAF guild! It died just about exactly in time with my predictions when we made the thing. Area 52 Horde. It's a p. terrible guild with p. terrible people.

I logged onto my paladin there last week. No one had been online in the guild in over a month. And most people hadn't been there in over 1.5 years. RIP.

tmespe

Just resubbed for a month but having difficulty choosing which class to play. I have a 90 mage, but kinda want to level a new class. How are people liking warriors and paladins? Would be nice to have a melee alt.

Entropia

No One Remembers
There still is a NeoGAF guild! It died just about exactly in time with my predictions when we made the thing. Area 52 Horde. It's a p. terrible guild with p. terrible people.

I logged onto my paladin there last week. No one had been online in the guild in over a month. And most people hadn't been there in over 1.5 years. RIP.

Hahah, I transferred my rogue off of there when they had free transfers.

ampere

Bashiok just tweeted this...

fuuuuck...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu6RHB0ka9A

lol goddamn. Should have committed to solo healing, he die faster

I had a level 10 Warrior in that guild... I think I deleted him because I was OCD about having a toon I wasn't playing lol

Ephidel

Hello people. With the new patch and the upcoming expansion I kind of have the itch to give it another go... thing is, the last time I actually played was during WotLK so I'm more than behind the times, and kind of paranoid about how much I've forgotten (and whether my current laptop will even run it passably at something above minimum settings ^^). I guess I'll find out.

What I was hoping to pick your brains on is mods. Back when I played I had an addon folder filled with a plethora of interface mods and timers and raidframes and huds, most of which I seem to have forgotten the names of and have probably been long replaced anyway. Are there any recommended mods that most people use nowadays that I should look into?
I do remember using Grid and Clique pretty heavily -- are those particular ones still around, or do they have more modern updates or replacements or anything?

(Alternatively where would be a good place to read up on stuff like this now, bearing in mind how clueless I am nowadays?)

JSoup

Banned
I imagine a lot of people who dont read anything will be surprised when they login.

Even people who do read things will be a little surprised, I would expect.
All the mage changes, blah, I stopped reading that months ago. I'll figure it out in front of a training dummy.

Jarnet87

They've pulled me back in, plan on signing up again this week to check out the new stuff that will lead into WoD and get back into the flow. My main is a 90 druid with an item level of 471, can you guys suggest some ways to quickly get that item level up so I can do the new UBRS (510)?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hello people. With the new patch and the upcoming expansion I kind of have the itch to give it another go... thing is, the last time I actually played was during WotLK so I'm more than behind the times, and kind of paranoid about how much I've forgotten (and whether my current laptop will even run it passably at something above minimum settings ^^). I guess I'll find out.

What I was hoping to pick your brains on is mods. Back when I played I had an addon folder filled with a plethora of interface mods and timers and raidframes and huds, most of which I seem to have forgotten the names of and have probably been long replaced anyway. Are there any recommended mods that most people use nowadays that I should look into?
I do remember using Grid and Clique pretty heavily -- are those particular ones still around, or do they have more modern updates or replacements or anything?

(Alternatively where would be a good place to read up on stuff like this now, bearing in mind how clueless I am nowadays?)

Well, to some degree you won't necessarily need as many mods, as much of the functionality the most popular mods added from the WOTLK days are at least somewhat incorporated into the game now. I know healers still use grid, and there are of course all the UI and frame mods out there for you to pick and choose from. Curse tends to host most/all of them, so if worse comes to worse just sort by most popular and see what you like.

Why do they do this though? Every single year, yet they learn nothing. Its like they do this on purpose or something.

I would imagine because when you transplant the PTR code to live servers, hiccups will happen everywhere. Especially since having a connected realm will cause issues to the PTR code.

I'm talking out of my ass.

av2k

Would any gaffers be down to set up a NeoGAF guild on a populated server? I would be happy to make the jump from my server to play with fellow gaffers.

JSoup

Banned
They've pulled me back in, plan on signing up again this week to check out the new stuff that will lead into WoD and get back into the flow. My main is a 90 druid with an item level of 471, can you guys suggest some ways to quickly get that item level up so I can do the new UBRS (510)?

Timeless Isle. Do all the things there.

Would any gaffers be down to set up a NeoGAF guild on a populated server? I would be happy to make the jump from my server to play with fellow gaffers.

I have a fresh guild transplanted to a Horde side on Kil'Jaedan. I'd love to populate my guild with Gaffers.

ampere

What's the conversion on jp and valor?

35 silver per point I think

Why do they do this though? Every single year, yet they learn nothing. Its like they do this on purpose or something.

Pretty sure there's been one or two times where it comes up on time after a big patch :p

The WoW Armory app is already showing the stat squish. My legendary cape has a cool 79 int on it.

Yeah but some stuff is still there like reforging... I am reforged into hit on a few pieces haha. I wonder if I won't be able to undo that in game and just lose the stats. Not the end of the world but lol

Veitsev

JP and valor is 47 silver per point.

Conquest is converted to honor. Any honor over 4000 is converted at 35 silver per point. So if you are honor capped all your conquest is converted at that rate.

FrsDvl

I just went back to playing last week, I'm on Area 52. Horde, if there's more people interested I would be up for starting a guild.

Will it be possible to queue for dungeons that you're overlevelled for in the dungeon finder with this patch? I'd like to do ZA bear runs, but I can't get to the boss fast enough solo, and I can't queue for a group because I'm too high level.

Edit: I don't like the change that says all plate gear will have strength and intellect going forward. Am I reading this right? They're basically just putting both stats on the gear so that both a holy paladin or a tank could roll on it. But that means if you're a warrior, for example, you're just going to get a useless stat.

Fjordson

Eh, if they didn't give a specific time then people would complain about them being slow and having no clue when the servers would be back up. They're sort of screwed either way.

zerosum

Will it be possible to queue for dungeons that you're overlevelled for in the dungeon finder with this patch? I'd like to do ZA bear runs, but I can't get to the boss fast enough solo, and I can't queue for a group because I'm too high level.

Edit: I don't like the change that says all plate gear will have strength and intellect going forward. Am I reading this right? They're basically just putting both stats on the gear so that both a holy paladin or a tank could roll on it. But that means if you're a warrior, for example, you're just going to get a useless stat.

The gear switches stats when you switch specs. Say, you get some gear as a prot pally, it'll be loaded with armor/def/whatever, then if you switch to holy, it'll have int/healing stats. At least that's how I took it work.

Edit: I'm going to go ahead and pimp this UI...

If anyone is starting fresh, or just wants a change-up with the new patch/expansion, this is the UI I've been using for years. It's about as "plug and play" as you can get. Really, you just log in, click a button, and it's ready to go (after you copy you interface folder of course). It works well with other addons you might use that's not already included, and it's very minimal as well.

Disclaimer: I've nothing at all to do with it, just think it's great and thought some would be interested.

RealUI

The gear switches stats when you switch specs. Say, you get some gear as a prot pally, it'll be loaded with armor/def/whatever, then if you switch to holy, it'll have int/healing stats. At least that's how I took it work.

Yea, but it doesn't list this change as being per class. Here is what it says:

Warlords of Draenor and Future Items

Plate Armor pieces will always have Strength and Intellect on it.
Mail and Leather Armor pieces will always have Agility and Intellect on it.

Full stop. This isn't under some section about classes or anything else. It is just a blanket statement. All plate armor has intellect. If I'm a warrior, all my future plate armor is going to have intellect. I hope it's just poor wording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom