• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felspawn

Yea, but it doesn't list this change as being per class. Here is what it says:

Full stop. This isn't under some section about classes or anything else. It is just a blanket statement. All plate armor has intellect. If I'm a warrior, all my future plate armor is going to have intellect. I hope it's just poor wording.

Its going to have int on it but itll be greyed out and not effect you at all. Only way it will effect you is youll need to roll against a pally for all plate now. That and you wont be cursing when int plate drops and no one can use it

Fjordson

Kinda neat seeing the stat squish on the armory. My heroic ( normal) Assurance of Consequence now procs for a whopping 160 agility!

Its going to have int on it but itll be greyed out and not effect you at all. Only way it will effect you is youll need to roll against a pally for all plate now. That and you wont be cursing when int plate drops and no one can use it

I'd rather it just have a stat on it that I can use. A pally can use both Strength and Intellect, I as a warrior can use only Strength. So the pally is getting a better deal out of this than I am. For example, they could make it so that to a Pally, the stat distribution appears as strength and intellect, but for a warrior, the same item the stat distribution appears as strength and bonus armor, or something like that. As it stands, it seems like Pallys get 2 useful stats, and warriors get 1.

Peachpies

I'd rather it just have a stat on it that I can use. A pally can use both Strength and Intellect, I as a warrior can use only Strength. So the pally is getting a better deal out of this than I am. For example, they could make it so that to a Pally, the stat distribution appears as strength and intellect, but for a warrior, the same item the stat distribution appears as strength and bonus armor, or something like that. As it stands, it seems like Pallys get 2 useful stats, and warriors get 1.
You can only use strength or intellect at one time as a paladin not both so it is exactly the same as for a warrior.

Dresden

It'll change based on their spec. Ret will see strength, holy will see int, etc.

You can only use strength or intellect at one time as a paladin not both so it is exactly the same as for a warrior.

I don't play a paladin, so consider this ignorance, but what are the primary stats that a paladin uses for each of its specs post-patch?

It'll change based on their spec. Ret will see strength, holy will see int, etc.

Yea, that's what I want. As a warrior I want to see Strength and Stamina, and a pally in the same group as me sees Strength and Int. The patch notes just aren't written that way, and if you take it at face value it doesn't appear to work that way. Guess it remains to be seen.

Dresden

No, they won't see both strength and int, because it's a primary stat, which shifts based on specialization.

Besides, int is almost completely useless for ret and prot anyways. Even if it did show up, it'd benefit them in the same way it'd benefit warriors.

Gonna be honest, not sure I really like the new character models after finally seeing them on live (even though I tested the PTR a bit). Yeah they're higher res and stuff, but they just don't feel right.

Fjordson

Gonna be honest, not sure I really like the new character models after finally seeing them on live (even though I tested the PTR a bit). Yeah they're higher res and stuff, but they just don't feel right.
You're not alone, I expect to see a lot of these types of threads on the forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14882098087

I don't know, I really love them. The Night Elf male is sort of mediocre, but everything else looks like a massive upgrade to me.

ampere

You'll get used to it.

Some are a lot better than others of course, but overall I think it was a great move by Blizzard. Draenei and Trolls might take the cake for most faithful upgrades.

Yeah, night elves look like complete shit as far as animation and stance go. Dranei males stand funny now. they don't look like the hulking guys they are with their hips turned out and sword out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I couldn't even tell you what half of my characters even look like. WoW has a lot of cool looking helmets, so I tend to see those instead of my fucking eye color or whatever other nonsense people are bitching about. People crying about the new models need to get over it.

Yes I am being intentionally dismissive because it's god damn ludicrous that people would rather stick with 12 year old low-res, low-polygon clumpy messes over objectively much nicer models because "it doesn't look like me anymore!!" or whatever.

What's the best way to basically reset my entire UI (including removal of all mods and anything they might have changed)? Delete the /WTF/Interface folder or whatever it's called?

StayDead

That's why boosting is a terrible idea.

You don't learn anything. You don't know what's going on.

But that's just my opinion though.

Well to be fair, I did get to 60 before, it's just it's been so long since I did it I've forgotten what all my spells do haha. Do ret paladins not get concecration anymore?

cdyhybrid

Was stressing out because AskMrRobot was down, but then I realized there's no reforging, so it doesn't matter.

Thank you based Blizzard.

strafer

Well to be fair, I did get to 60 before, it's just it's been so long since I did it I've forgotten what all my spells do haha. Do ret paladins not get concecration anymore?

Yeah, I feel you.

Had I been a returning player from say wotlk and going into WoD my brain would explode.

I would just start a new character.

Cipherr

of course, the new models aint going to please everyone.

Mmmhmm, everyone knew this was coming. Turn them off if you dont like them, but Im glad we have them finally. Everyone was clamoring for them, now they are here and 50% of folks are like "B....b.b...b.but the soul of my character!!11"

ampere

What's the best way to basically reset my entire UI (including removal of all mods and anything they might have changed)? Delete the /WTF/Interface folder or whatever it's called?

Yeah delete both the WTF and Interface folders and it will be almost like a fresh account with no settings. I might do that when I get home, depends how borked my addons are. Almost goes without saying, make a backup of those two folders first, just in case :)

Also, is the mount achievement glitched? For 'Obtain 150 mounts', it says 0/150...

Yes

StayDead

That's why boosting is a terrible idea.

You don't learn anything. You don't know what's going on.

But that's just my opinion though.

Yeah, I feel you.

Had I been a returning player from say wotlk and going into WoD my brain would explode.

I would just start a new character.

I almost feel like I've cheated my mage. She used to be my main and I raided through Black Temple with her in TBC until I switched to my resto druid. She was always my second main at max level, but I could never be bothered to level her or my rogue past like 86. So all of a sudden a Paladin I levelled purely for the boost is my second max level alt :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Mmmhmm, everyone knew this was coming. Turn them off if you dont like them, but Im glad we have them finally. Everyone was clamoring for them, now they are here and 50% of folks are like "B....b.b...b.but the soul of my character!!11"

That's funny, especially when the old models had these souless faces with 0 expression.

Bartender is broken.

ArkInventory is somewhat broken.

:/

Can't really play at all without Bartender working.

Some other shit fucked up as well.

Might take this time to move to ElvUI.

Quick Edit: As I type this a new version of Bartender released.

JSoup

Banned
Gotta lot of junk that I'm thinking should be toys, but nope.
Also, so much for being done with the Argent Tournament. The banners count as toys. :/

ampere

Gotta lot of junk that I'm thinking should be toys, but nope.
Also, so much for being done with the Argent Tournament. The banners count as toys. :/

Fortunately the Horde or Alliance versions count double.

Get the Darnassus Banner and 'learn' it, you also get the Undercity Banner.

I did never quite master the art of soloing trial of the champion. Takes forever to fail at the joust solo and time between attempts is the #1 determining factor on whether or not I'll bother with soloing old content.

vocab

I did never quite master the art of soloing trial of the champion. Takes forever to fail at the joust solo and time between attempts is the #1 determining factor on whether or not I'll bother with soloing old content.

At 100 you seriously one shot everything in wrath except LK. You can one shot flame leviathan with all four towers up. It is a joke.

SRTtoZ

Re-subbed. Patch Downloaded! I'm going to retire my priest for now and go with an Orc something....

maybe Shaman. Maybe Warlock.

Just waiting for my subscription to take effect in game. Still says I'm out of time...grrrr

JSoup

Banned
Fortunately the Horde or Alliance versions count double.

Get the Darnassus Banner and 'learn' it, you also get the Undercity Banner.

This is good to know, thanks.

I was thinking that I'd have a hard time adjusting to all the changes, but I'm finding thing quite the opposite. Playing fire mage feels so much less cumbersome now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom