• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Boggles my mind man. Especially the models topics. Like do I need glasses? These all look so much better...

And it is entirely unsurprising that the majority of complaints are from people with female characters.

WHAT HAVEU DONE TO MY WAIFU???? BLIZZ PLZ

Fjordson

And it is entirely unsurprising that the majority of complaints are from people with female characters.

WHAT HAVEU DONE TO MY WAIFU???? BLIZZ PLZ
I just saw one post from a draenei about how her character's shade of blue isn't as dark. Like...how do you notice these things?? Does it really change the character for the worse??

I dunno, different things are important to different people so I shouldn't judge. Just don't get it personally. I can't really find much here that isn't a vast improvement.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Boggles my mind man. Especially the models topics. Like do I need glasses? These all look so much better...

But it didn't "stay true" to the original, horrible, outdated model! ;;

I honestly couldn't tell you the difference between my old and new draenei other than that it looked way better and had actual fingers/hands.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My orc walks like he crapped his pants now. How the hell is my warrior supposed to be bad@ss while walking like he took a big dump in his pants? FIX IT NOW!!!!!! @_@ !!!!!

lolllll

HeliosT10

Thinking about re-subbing and seeing what's what, but can anyone recommend me a good UI setup, preferably something really simple to get up and running! I play a Priest if that helps?

Rizzi

p2my9oN.jpg

Very odd.

What's wrong with ElvUI?

Doesn't it freeze you to certain versions of its component mods and make you tiptoe around updates that would otherwise be pretty automatic with an addon updater?

I mean, it looks nice and works for lots of people but it's UI design on training wheels, TitanBar for 2014. You graduate from ElvUI, not go back to it once you're out of diapers.

Woah woah woah now. I still use Titan panel. Albeit with a different skin than the absolute shit default one.

Makes certain information accessible at a glance while still being mostly out of the way.

M.D

Doesn't it freeze you to certain versions of its component mods and make you tiptoe around updates that would otherwise be pretty automatic with an addon updater?

I mean, it looks nice and works for lots of people but it's UI design on training wheels, TitanBar for 2014. You graduate from ElvUI, not go back to it once you're out of diapers.

I can see your point, but I've been only playing for 2 months used ElvUI even less than that so it served me well up to this point

You raise a good point tho - do addons usually work when a new xpac comes out or do you usually need to wait for an update for them to work? I might switch from ElvUI to something more personal.

Any recommendations for addons? I got a few when I asked last time, but installed ElvUI and it did what a lot of them were meant to do so I ended up not installing them

Red Comet

Does anybody else have a flickering skybox? I have a hunch that it's related to using SLI, but I don't feel like testing it right now.

Edit: Alright, forcing single GPU use did fix it, but I wish Blizzard would get their act together when it comes to SLI support. Liking just about everything else so far though.

Fjordson

I wonder if they're still tinkering with the number crunch. I haven't tried it yet personally, but my brother was on his 72 mage in full heirlooms and said it takes quite a while to down your average mob now.

I remember when I cared about my gold/exp per hour, in Vanilla.

Gold per hour is actually very important for me to keep track of, since I did/do potion of luck farming. Besides total gold across all my characters on the server.

And it displays other things, like a visible FPS/latency tracker (where you don't have to hover). Just for example.

av2k

wow, the official forums...stay away >.<

Good god, you weren't joking.. I went there and noped the hell out of there. I wonder if everyone feels that way or just the vocal minority that are on the forums and not actually playing complaining.

Mordeccai

Raid/dungeon finder not working for anyone else? I just click find group but nothing happens.

EDIT: nm seems to be working now

I got it to work after I restarted the client.

But my last two low level dungeons... sheesh. In Wailing Caverns we had a prot pally in all cloth gear. He was dying in two hits, if I didn't have power word shield I don't think we could have done shit. He eventually dropped and we finished the instance after 30 minutes.

Then went into Shadowfang and had a prot warrior in leather. I don't understand what is going on, really thought heirlooms would be more common >_<

Then went into Shadowfang and had a prot warrior in leather. I don't understand what is going on, really thought heirlooms would be more common >_<

Brace yourselves, the resubs are coming.

And it displays other things, like a visible FPS/latency tracker (where you don't have to hover). Just for example.

Yeah I can see if it you're trying to maximize your personal income and are measuring/comparing methods, I was just being a dick about TitanPanel. I hate having inessential information on my screen and every expansion it's a chore to build a UI from scratch that gets rid of all the clutter. The number of addon designers who care about strict minimalism as much as I do seems to be decreasing, too.

Any recommendations for addons? I got a few when I asked last time, but installed ElvUI and it did what a lot of them were meant to do so I ended up not installing them

If ElvUI continues to work fine for you then keep it, I'm not trying to suggest it's bad, and customizing your own UI is enough work that the existence of such packages is completely justified for everyone not willing to dive into LUA source or fiddling with dozens if not hundreds of individual sliders and knobs to get your UI right at every single major content patch.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man, I haven't played in over a year now, but going through the change list I have to say I'm impressed. They've made some nice changes in the patch today. And the new models, I like them.

I haven't decided yet if I'm buying WoD or not. It would be the first expansion I haven't gotten if I don't get it. But if I do then it's only going to be for playing extremely casual for a few months only. Part of me really wants to be playing for the 10 year anniversary, hard to believe it's been ten years already.

Guess I need to read up on what exactly Warlords of Draenor is, I really have no idea what they are adding or doing for this expansion other than the patch that came out today...

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Well I've ran into pretty much the worst possible bug for how I tend to play WoW (and PC games in general). Game completely locks up if I alt-tab out and try to tab back in. Or pretty much in any way the game would lose focus. But it won't lose focus when I do that, so even "tabbing" back out I still have the wow cursor and can't even use task manager to end-task. I basically have to reset.

komplanen

Well I've ran into pretty much the worst possible bug for how I tend to play WoW (and PC games in general). Game completely locks up if I alt-tab out and try to tab back in. Or pretty much in any way the game would lose focus. But it won't lose focus when I do that, so even "tabbing" back out I still have the wow cursor and can't even use task manager to end-task. I basically have to reset.

Even if you are playing in borderless windowed mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom