• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I get less' shit your pants' run from Male Orcs and more 'Big tank rolling down the hill' run from male Orcs. Which I assume is the aesthetic they went for. They just look like heavy, armor clad vehicles rolling towards something. Lots of weight to their movement.

Sorry, I asked that question about Outland v. Draenor portal and then had to scurry off to work so couldn't respond. Thank you very much for the responses, guys!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's awesome that the UBRS thing requires 510 ilvl.
That's super fantastic.

I just went in at 581 and was pretty much carrying the DPS, and it still took a long time. If anything, I think the requirement should be higher. Or they should nerf the dungeon.

That said, all you get from it is a 550 item. No legacy achievement, no pet, no nothing.

EDIT: BTW if you have an extra vicious saddle, the new Raptor is at the PVP mount vendor.

fuzzyset

Are the challenge mode times not being revealed yet? Everything but the slag mines has a gold timer of 2hours. Surely that's wrong.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who was saying you can melee the tentacles that grab you on Yogg? Because I most certainly can not. I spam stormstrike while adjusting the camera and it just says, like it's always said, 'target has to be in front of you'

vocab

Did 25H ICC. ulduar, and 10H Alysrazor

Everything is laughable.

I killed Alysrazor as soon as I entered the first ring.

Yogg is ...

LK just doesnt do anything to you. Did like 1million dps. Your biggest enemy is frozen orb.

Zidy

Thinking about hopping back on this to see some of the new features. How is this holding up recently? I subscribe to FFXIV and I love it but I reminisce about WoW at times. I haven't played since near the end of Cataclysm.

That is a little odd considering they are no longer needed for leveling up professions in WoD... Maybe people are crafting toys?

I think it's an opportunistic move by the AH bots, but they'll happily slurp up gems that you couldn't give away last week at 3x the price now.

It'll probably settle down by next week.

antonz

That is a little odd considering they are no longer needed for leveling up professions in WoD... Maybe people are crafting toys?

People are in new patch freak out mode. Gems on my server skyrocketed from like 50-60g upto 600-700g yet there was no change to increase any real demand

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did 25H ICC. ulduar, and 10H Alysrazor

Everything is laughable.

I killed Alysrazor as soon as I entered the first ring.

Yogg is ...

LK just doesnt do anything to you. Did like 1million dps. Your biggest enemy is frozen orb.

Did you do Gunship on 10 man? And how'd you deal with Yoggs tentacles?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I did gunship on 25 man.

Yogg tentacles the same way as before. I use blood boil and its done.

Bummer. All I have is elementals and flame nova totem which is useless as soon as I get dazed out of its grasp. I guess Enhancement just isnt meant to solo that fight.

gunship on 25m h? I tried it at 100 and it just seemed impossible

StayDead

I hate holy paladins now, where are my instant heals?(other than Holy Shock) :(

Giving anyone but druids and preists instant heals was a huge nono in my book.

Druids were the instant healers in TBC, they didn't work well at healing burst but dealt with raid damage really well. Then druids in WoTLK were amazing at that, then in Cataclysm they were totally redundant especially during Firelands.

Kintaco

LCdRlUj.png
Ashes of Al'ar dropped today! I haven't farmed it too long either. Soloing older raids appears to be alot easier as well.

I also love the bag space I saved!

fuzzyset

Really? Well I guess I'll get to check it out when I'm level 100 :\

I just ran it. Idk if people are not used to their UI, the ability prune, or somewhat challenging 5mans, but people kept dying in my instance. Most of the people (healer and tank) were Mythic geared too...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Ashes of Al'ar dropped today! I haven't farmed it too long either. Soloing older raids appears to be alot easier as well.

I also love the bag space I saved!

Congrats!

I killed some older raid bosses and they are going down much quicker. Not that they were all that hard to begin with in most cases.

On another note...my server has a queue to log in.

Bummer. All I have is elementals and flame nova totem which is useless as soon as I get dazed out of its grasp. I guess Enhancement just isnt meant to solo that fight.

gunship on 25m h? I tried it at 100 and it just seemed impossible

Just went through Ulduar as enhance and had to bring in a guildmate to kill Yogg since I also couldn't do the tentacles well at all. Magma Totem takes too long to kill the tentacles that grab me and by the time I've killed one it's drained a third of my life and I'm then constantly stunned, slowed, and then grabbed again. By myself I was able to stay alive for awhile but not long enough. With the guy from my guild we blazed right through it as he could release himself before I even had to bother and then he'd release me when I got grabbed. The rest of the fight was a joke.

I was just happy to figure out a way to do 25H Flame Leviathan solo so I could finally finish that meta since that's all I had left.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Boy, they must have done something horrible to survival because I can't even kill Yogg on my hunter WITH the raid nerfs. When I could easily do it before.

Easily done as BM.

mylasthope

Neo Member
Lost my Elixir of Ancient Wisdom buffs on two toons. I really hope they didn't nerf the buff and make it tick even when logged out. It's hard enough farming for 1 potion. =(

Ultratech

Doing some playing around with the new patch.

My thoughts so far as a BM Hunter:

-Missing Serpent Sting kinda sucks in a way. :(
-Still beastly as all hell. (Chewed through Iron Horde mobs with ease.)
-Getting used to Revive Pet baked into Mend Pet is weird. (Basically, Revive Pet replaces Mend Pet when you pet dies; they're not quite separate anymore.)
-Stuff in old content just melts. Did Blackwing Descent on 10-man Normal, and had no issues whatsoever...(I'll get into why I was there later).
-Prolly miss Rapid Fire later, but eh.
-Not related, but my Troll Hunter runs sorta goofy now. Just a minor complaint though.

On the plus side, I picked up this monstrosity: (He's a real beast.)

The Reagent Bank is so fucking great.

Clicked the Deposit All Reagents button. Boom. #Happiness

No shit.

Did it on my Mage who had a ton of mats (Cloth, Dust, Crystals, etc.).

Cleared out so much shit, it was ridiculous. (I love it so much.)

Owensboro

A lot of people on the forums are complaining that some trash mobs in raids didn't get squished and are 1-shotting tanks. Even in MoP raids (I saw Terrace of Endless Spring mentioned). I could understand missing mobs in old raids, but ones in MoP? Are they blowing this out of proportion or is it true?

cdyhybrid

So I want to get 2 more iLvls so I can reach 510 and do UBRS...but I don't want to do LFR for extra items until I advance my legendary quest to the Secrets stage. The problem is, I can't do that because I have to win two BGs first, and I can't do THAT because the queue process is broken.

So basically, I have to sit here in a broken BG queue before I can actually be productive this week. Bravo, Blizzard.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My Dominos addon works on one server but not on the other. When it's enabled on one, it looks like it should. Enabled on the other, my action bars are completely gone.

Wat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom