• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Opinion time: Fury Warrior or Frost DK? I have both at max and both about the same gear level, just really digging into LFR/Flex SoO thus far. I picked up two SoO one-handers thus far for the Warrior, still using a crap 502 weapon for the DK:/

Mainly for LFR and Flex only, nothing much more.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So it's not a big deal to most people anymore, but I've wanted this thing since 2008, and I finally got him.
wowscrnshot_121713_211cosw.jpg
Still my favorite flying mount in the game.

Archaeology was an awesome idea for a profession, but I wish they made it more important. Maybe it'll get even more love with all that Draenor love.

Stupid Archaeology doesn't want to give me this raptor mount =[

I don't really "get" Archaeology. Seems like the only rewards from the entire profession are that mount and a bunch of vendor trash. I've only seen one rare and it's a night elf wind chime that doesn't do anything :lol

Do enough of it and you get some fun stuff. Started a priest recently and she just dinged 51 yesterday. Was finally able to do something with this. It had been sitting in my bank for ages collecting dust.

But yeah, love the pets and mounts too.

---

Side note, just got my cloak tonight. Time to fight each of the Celestials. Guess I need an addon though if I expect to actually get it done. :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
57 to 75 in 5 minutes.
Did I mention I loved RAF level grants? Because I really do.

Edit: Also dinged 90 on the Hunter.
Side Note: If you tame one of the Pandaria worms and you get attacked with a knockback move, the worm rolls. It's hilarious.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How many people would be needed to do 10 man Dragon Soul? Let's say I know 2 other 90s but none of us know any of the fights.

CassSept

I can't be the only one that finds this absolutely hilarious. This concerns flex scaling hotfix:

Blue Post said:
Fun fact: The hotfix has actually been active since just before the weekend, but it didn't get caught in the prior round of hotfix notes. It's no surprise that it went largely unnoticed.

About sums up most of WoW community.

Blizzard somehow managed to retrieve my lost account from 2 years ago! Only downside is I've lost Mr. Chilly :( However, I have my account back so can't complain. Now I'm looking for a Scroll of Resurrection if someone has one?

Acidote

Blizzard somehow managed to retrieve my lost account from 2 years ago! Only downside is I've lost Mr. Chilly :( However, I have my account back so can't complain. Now I'm looking for a Scroll of Resurrection if someone has one?

If it's EU send me a PM with your email and I'll gladly send it to you.

Quake1028

I am 40K exp away from 85. Worked a 12+ hour day yesterday so I didn't have the energy to stay up and grind it out. Looking forward to getting off at 3 today and knocking that out and finally heading to Pandaria. I will miss Uldum though, one of the most fun zones I have ever done.

If it's EU send me a PM with your email and I'll gladly send it to you.

Thanks again for the Scroll!

Also happy days Mr. Chilly lives! YAY!

So much has changed in 2 years, I'm not entirely sure what to do. I guess I can go level up.

Oh sweet, all mounts and pets are shared amongst characters now?! Nice!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When I hit 100, I'm coming back to Timeless Isle, and I'm going to run the Raging Berserkers and enemy faction guards into extinction.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So glad I have the original with the vastly superior colors.

Yeah, I'm kinda sad that I didn't get one. :( I wasn't in a guild that ran it religiously or anything. Best I could do was pug it and we usually got to the 3rd boss before the time ran out. I actually genuinely loved tanking back then on my Warrior. Had a LOT of fun. Though it was always a total piss off:

Me: LFM Zul'Aman going as fast as we can!
Player 1: Can I come?!
Me: Sure, what's your experience
Player 1: I've cleared it, know what I'm doing!
Me: Okay /invite
10 minutes later, in Zul'Aman, engage eagle boss
Mage doesn't stand under the lightning cloud thing, dies. We wipe, I remove them.
Player 1: WTF?
Me: You said you knew what you were doing.

It's crazy how incompetent people are and literally have no idea how to play the game even when they have decent gear so they've clearly done some raiding. Like last night in LFR, there were people with LFR+ ilvl gear and still had no idea what to do on Sha of Pride.

Thanks again for the Scroll!

Also happy days Mr. Chilly lives! YAY!

So much has changed in 2 years, I'm not entirely sure what to do. I guess I can go level up.

Oh sweet, all mounts and pets are shared amongst characters now?! Nice!

Yeah dude, and achievements.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It's crazy how incompetent people are and literally have no idea how to play the game even when they have decent gear so they've clearly done some raiding. Like last night in LFR, there were people with LFR+ ilvl gear and still had no idea what to do

There are a few bosses in LFR i dread every week because even doing massive dps cant save them from impending wipes. Like the first boss of wing 2 where the tank has to be super quick on adds or on sha of pride where one person not knowing what to do can wipe the group depending on where he is standing.

I think the reason for people being so bad is a mix of that perceived idea that because things get called easy often they feel like they should never try. As well as the general apathy toward the game the community seems to have. I always get this impression that WoW is a contest about who cares the least.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's crazy how incompetent people are and literally have no idea how to play the game even when they have decent gear so they've clearly done some raiding. Like last night in LFR, there were people with LFR+ ilvl gear and still had no idea what to do on Sha of Pride.

I always sigh a little when I'm doing lfr/flex on an alt and see how many people with cloaks I'm significantly ahead of on DPS. That doesn't mean I'm awesome, I shouldn't be beating them.

Tacitus_

I always sigh a little when I'm doing lfr/flex on an alt and see how many people with cloaks I'm significantly ahead of on DPS. That doesn't mean I'm awesome, I shouldn't be beating them.

Well, getting the cloak doesn't require any skill, just time as you can get it in LFR.

Man, I have no idea where to start, so I think I'm just going to reroll and start at level 1. So much as changed - where have all my skill points and talents gone?!

Use my guides! ;) Shit's vastly easier now with sockets and class changes, you should be able to plow decently well.

Things have changed since your guides came out. Trash is different so far in Siege and Jade Temple, and other stuff has been modified as well. Also our group comp is extremely different from yours.

Touchdown

Banned
So it's not a big deal to most people anymore, but I've wanted this thing since 2008, and I finally got him.

Still my favorite flying mount in the game.

Archaeology was an awesome idea for a profession, but I wish they made it more important. Maybe it'll get even more love with all that Draenor love.

Grats on the mount! I still use that one from time to time too. And that's saying something since I'm a druid and usually just flight form out of laziness hehe.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Man, I have no idea where to start, so I think I'm just going to reroll and start at level 1. So much as changed - where have all my skill points and talents gone?!

They re-did those systems. You get talents every 15 levels and they're mostly utility type things.

Though, in your spellbook they have the "Core abilities" tab which shows you what your general rotation should look like.

JCizzle

Dat Terrace hot fix. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Literally 3 days late after I sat in a queue for 2 hours Sunday AM to get into Heart of Fear so I could access Terrace on my new 90.

Man the run from ~50-58 is before Outland is so crap. No fun at all in the zones and dungeons available to you The new Sunken Temple is alright, but everything else is eesh.

Might just do battlegrounds, preferably AV.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man the run from ~50-58 is before Outland is so crap. No fun at all in the zones and dungeons available to you The new Sunken Temple is alright, but everything else is eesh.

Might just do battlegrounds, preferably AV.

Lol yeah, 15-50 is like "Oh god, i'm drowning in dungeons".

Then 50-58 come and its like "Well... there is Sunken Temple and BRD which takes too damn long and where people get lost. Have fun."

They re-did those systems. You get talents every 15 levels and they're mostly utility type things.

Though, in your spellbook they have the "Core abilities" tab which shows you what your general rotation should look like.

I think I like the changes, so far. Everything is really streamlined.

And I hope it's not some bullshit filler. Fuck you getting five of each thing for the sake of getting five of each thing. Some of the worst achievement fluff in Pandaria.

I am amazed when I see that I'm on top. I always feel like everyone is doing something horribly wrong if I look good.

Well, getting the cloak doesn't require any skill, just time as you can get it in LFR.
I slightly disagree. The phased quests require a bit of skill (least my hunter ones did) which proves to me if you apply yourself you can do it. You're then just being a slacker because you don't care about anyone else in the raid.

Khezu

This space goat NPC is wearing a pair of glasses, like just normal glasses, nothing fancy about them at all.

Are they unique to her? I would love a pair.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I am amazed when I see that I'm on top. I always feel like everyone is doing something horribly wrong if I look good.

Yeah lol, I usually expect to be somewhere in the top 5 or so, but if I'm on top with ilvl 525 gear I know something is wrong with my group. A lot of times though you end up doing more damage if you do the fight properly, because you don't die as much, don't move unless you have to, are always hitting something, and even more stuff.

Also I have a theory that people with "good gear" that perform poorly don't understand the game on some level, or believe things work differently. Like for example, when I was 15 and first started playing in Vanilla as a rogue I didn't see the point of hit, my logic was "well if I miss X% of the time of my special attack, why don't I just get double that in crit and make up for the miss's like that?"

Which honestly wasn't terrible logic for some one with minimal understanding of how the game worked, because if I hit for 100 and I crit for 200, and I miss one in 10 attacks having a 1 in 5 chance to double damage negates the miss right? Well yeah sure but missing has other terrible problems like lack of combo point generation wasted energy (I don't think there was an energy refund on attacks that whiffed back then?) no procs on certain things and so on. So it makes me wonder how many people are also making these poor self theory crafting decisions today, and if they are all the people who do poorly despite their gear.

You know what is a statistic I would LOVE to look at? If you take everyone with the same item level gear, of the same class how the damage breaks down on certain fights. Like say if you get all mages with 528 gear on something like immersius you'd expect the average to be around 120k dps throughout the whole fight. But I wonder how many mages with that gear go above the average or go way bellow it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You have to assume a lot casual people just don't know a good spell rotation for their class or simply they haven't customized their action bars at all. I know that my girlfriend had all her spells put as 1 to 0 then - and + and everything else is just mouse clicks. Nothing was on her additional mouse buttons or letters around WASD for fast and easy access. I fixed that a little for her, and it seems to have helped increase her DPS at least. There is also the fact of knowing where your spells are without needing to look at your keyboard too much, pressing buttons as soon as the cooldown or global cooldown are gone, etc.

There is so much stuff that can affect people DPS other than " i dont know the boss strategy or that Haste is better than Crit for me".

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
There is so much stuff that can affect people DPS other than " i dont know the boss strategy or that Haste is better than Crit for me".

This too is definitely true, I've always held a small belief that a class won't click with you until you figure out the perfect keybindings for it.

Also I posted something on that thread in gaming about the worst thing you've ever done in an online game and then realized it probably belongs in here as well.

Enjoy!

Over the course of my 7+ years playing World of Warcraft I've done so many evil things alone or with my friends, that I could list them for hours.

In college I used to leave my fishbot running while I was in class during early cata. When I would get back to my dorm ~3-4 hours later I had like 100 stacks of fish in my bags which I would run back to org and sell for about 80 gold a stack to our rival guild so they could make feasts and buff food. I did this for like 3 weeks or so, until I had effectively crashed the market and a stack of fish became worth under 20g.

Then as soon as I stopped botting the fish market found itself completely dead and prices soared to like 300g a stack because no one was fishing (low pop server), so I decided to start fishing again but then pirox died. From that point until the release of 4.3 fish practically vanished from the auction house because the market went nuts and no one wanted to fish.

In cata I was an officer of the second best guild on our server and we had to do a merger with another guild to keep progressing smoothly. There were basically two guilds to choose from to merge into us, and the one we picked lived, and the one we didn't pick died. Well I had some beef with a few of the guys from the guild we didn't select and not only did the guild die, but many of those hardcore raiders were not accepted into our guild or the other good guild so they either had to join bottom of the barrel guilds or transfer away.

In cata there was this fishing quest item called the thunder lizards tail, that had no cool down and was off the GCD. I found out that if I macro'd it I could have the huge thunder storm effect go off multiple times within a second and it would create a spectacular effect. Then I found out that if I did this while briefly toggling off my internet and spamming it for 5 seconds and then flipping my connection catch up, the storm would go off about a hundred times in a single second. Which meant that if anyone was playing the game on a less than stellar computer their video drivers would likely crash (hell mine did on some of the biggest explosions I put together). In one instance I caused someones computer to blue screen. I got a 24 hour suspension after doing this for several weeks, it took forever for blizz to fix this..

In wrath of the lich king when ICC first released we held a pugs and would master loot all gear we wanted to one of our friends who we told to drop guild during the run and join some random lowbie guild. Then he would fake a disconnect and later trade that piece of gear to the one us that wanted it. That was how we managed to ninja loot without having a PuG fall apart.

In burning crusade we managed to figure out how to use doom lord kazzak's mark of kazzak to kill people in orgrimmar by using a warlock summon, a mage portal and a paladin bubble + lay on hands tag team to repeatedly bomb the auction house and bank. We briefly made a clique guild called car bomb for the week that this worked.

In burning crusade we also figured out a really annoying bug where you could summon pets with macros weirdly that basically made you d/c upon looking at the mass of pets surrounding that person.

I just realized I am kind of an asshole.

edit: Also doing this with the help of another guild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdCL8j-0oWI wait till about 30 seconds to watch mass murder.

Oh man what a bummer, I needed two more runestones but my sub ends this friday I maybe wont sub again till the expansion, I need one more week.

So I started farming for Ashes today. Never did Tempest Keep before, but it's super easy at 90. 85 may have been more of a challenge. But I'll definitely do it each week from now on. Working on the BT attunement chain for the ammy that teleports you there so I finished all of SSC for the first time today as well. Had some issues with the corrupted water elementals despawning before I could get to a couple of them so she got to 70+ stacks and I very nearly died in phase 2. Survived with something like 23k HP.

Also did Huntsman on my Warrior alt which is easy enough at 90 even in bad gear - he dies in like 3 seconds anyway. So that's two shots at that each week right now. Not sure what else I would want to farm on him. Any particularly good Warrior tier sets from Vanilla/BC that are easy enough for him to get?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Some yuletide photos from Ironforge.

yule19r5ec1.png

CRZ-Ironforge. Wonder what it looks like on Draenor (EU) or Argent Dawn (EU). Ah well...

yule14quizr.png

Female dwarf in Winter Veil textures.

yule111gexf.png

Ironforge's Winter Veil wreath. And a Sky Golem.

yule15x4ehn.png

Maybe you should cut down on the sweets, dude. Good gravy.

yule58vfur.png

Our Pandaria brethren came to visit. They didn't seem too enthralled by the seasonal sweaters though.

yule16udd2d.png

Uhm... what are you looking at?

yule18tidnq.png

Hoe, hoe, hoe. Merry Chri... religiously neutral holiday.

yule9g4ibe.png

"All these Small Eggs are gonna make me filthy rich."

yule14adf5.png

I kissed a girl and I liked it.

yule7nfiu4.png

I'm Not Saying It Was Aliens...

yule8rcilx.png

I hope that's snow.

yule10f0er2.png

A bad robot and a cheerful ghoul.

yule3hnid4.png

The gnomes were tasked this year with tenderising the turkeys. Now we just gotta task someone with tenderising the gnomes.

yule4qreb6.png

This thing showed up for whatever reason.

yule12i0dyb.png

Ah, our same ole' tree. After all these years, the beautiful 2D decorations are still intact.

yule2g8cm2.png

One of the beautiful 2D decorations. Supposed to be an airplane.

yule1362cph.png

Made it a bit more 3D.

yule17alenw.png

Greatfather Winter himself.

yule66vibo.png

And what do you want for Christmas, little boy? Well, WoD beta of course!

traveler

Not Wario
Clancy Brown? This just keeps getting better and better. All they need to do now is just announce that Blizzard and Metzen have absolutely nothing to do with the writing and I'm sold.

strafer

Clancy Brown? This just keeps getting better and better. All they need to do now is just announce that Blizzard and Metzen have absolutely nothing to do with the writing and I'm sold.

Are you serious? You think they would just let them make a movie without Blizz?

haha

hahaha

hahah no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom