• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlantis

Made a trial account to test some new models. They look GREAT, but for some reason some models seem to play an "injured" animation when casting spells. Noticed this for female Humans, Orcs, and Trolls so far.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I don't know if this was intentional or not but if you try to do ICC 10 then switch to 25H it'll do the 'You are ineligble to participate in at least one encounter in this instance' deal.

Rokam

It's nice to be able to clear old raids quicker now, have very limited time to play these days. Especially nice that I can add in Rag in Firelands now. Been about a month or 2 since I have played feels odd. Also, really not a fan of most of the new models with the exception of Dwarf, Troll, & Orc.

Tamanon

Banned
Subscriptions for the quarter back up to 7.4 million, uptick of 600k. It does seem a good amount of folks are coming back early.

Fularu

Banned
Cata raids are now soloable right now? at 90?

I just did Heroic Firelands 25 man. I had to do Baleroc on normal because it's not possible currently at lvl 90 (will be a cakewalk at 100). Normal Baleroc and Rag were a joke. Heroic everything else took some figuring out to do but were also prety easy.

Next week I'll probably kill Heroic Baleroc on 10 man then kill rag on 25

KAP151

Someone, anyone tell me what going on with loot?

I did 2 new URBS runs and multiple LFR's. No loot at all. No loot screen. Nothing in bodies to loot either. Others in group are getting it, as I see it pop up in window.

_DrMario_

Is there a reason Kun-Lai summit is lagging like fucking hell? I managed to escape the 10 second lag delay and go back to valley of four winds and its not lagging at all there.

Tarazet

I don't remember there being mailboxes every 50 feet in Org, holy shit.

Anyway, I pulled out my Troll Druid first since she is the most geared. The model updates look nice, more of a haggard troll and not just a terrifying one, and her run is way improved. On the tanking side. Half of the buttons on my bar were gone.. Swipe, Might of Ursoc, Enrage, all disappeared. Fighting is even easier than it was in MoP (which was similar to how Prot was in Cataclysm). Now you just spam Thrash blindly through all of the trash pulls. Against the boss, you use Mangle on cooldown, spam Lacerate to get Mangle cooldown resets, and use Maul off GCD when T&C procs. Very simple.

Feral feels totally different now. For one thing, with no Hit or Expertise on gear, even when behind a raid dummy I was constantly having problems applying Rake. That forced me to sometimes use it 3-4 times in a row, which doesn't seem right. It can't possibly be missing that often. In solo PVE, I felt much more inclined to use stealth and benefit from the bonus to Shred. Even though I could open with Ravage before, I usually wouldn't because it was so expensive to use and anyway, I could just pull a bunch of mobs and wreck them with a huge DoC-powered Thrash. Those days are gone.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I just did Heroic Firelands 25 man. I had to do Baleroc on normal because it's not possible currently at lvl 90 (will be a cakewalk at 100). Normal Baleroc and Rag were a joke. Heroic everything else took some figuring out to do but were also prety easy.

To kill baleroc clear his trash before you do alysrazor. Then, with 20 or so stacks of her fire rings kill her and then quickly fl through balerocs gate and kill him. Super possible.

I just did icc25 heroic with some friends. We tried to split up at the lich king but its bugged/broken in that it will work if you do regular then split and set it to heroic, but if you do heroic at any point before lich king you're stuck together from that point on. Kind of dumb and I hope they fix it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To kill baleroc clear his trash before you do alysrazor. Then, with 20 or so stacks of her fire rings kill her and then quickly fl through balerocs gate and kill him. Super possible.

I just did icc25 heroic with some friends. We tried to split up at the lich king but its bugged/broken in that it will work if you do regular then split and set it to heroic, but if you do heroic at any point before lich king you're stuck together from that point on. Kind of dumb and I hope they fix it.

ICC seems messed up in general. Like I said, I did it 10 normal then tried to switch to 25h before Arthas and the game gave me some kind of message I've never even seen before.

Cipherr

What the fuck is this...

Ilvl 564 Disc priest, got people dipping dangerously low in fucking UBRS because damage isnt anywhere NEAR 'Triage' levels, its just as fucking spikey as always, yet my healing output relative to HP levels has been fucking neutered. So Im spamming fucking flash heals to keep the group alive.

Sure my Mana lasts forever, but what the fuck happened to slowing the damage output and having people in injured status? You absolutely cannot leave anyone in 'injured' status because the damage is still spikey and they just die if not topped off immediately.

Either Disc got neutered or they fucked up the tuning for level 90.

Kemal86

I think the tuning is a little off right now, apparently the trash in Terrace of the Endless Springs (at least on LFR difficulty) didn't get squished and are one-shotting raids.

Fjordson

ICC seems messed up in general. Like I said, I did it 10 normal then tried to switch to 25h before Arthas and the game gave me some kind of message I've never even seen before.
Aw shit. Hope they fix that. That's how I farm it every week. Clear on 10 normal, then switch to 25 heroic for Arthas.

Not sure I like the stat squish. It makes old content way too easy. And plus I l ike seeing big numbers. Any random person can just walk in and solo anything now. Really sucks.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, not sure how long it's been in for but I just realised you can change addons without having to log out. Hallelujah.

Is it possible for an addon to know what quests you've *already* done? Like for example, suppose I wanted an addon that would just automatically know every quest I've ever completed, even before installing the addon, so that it could tell me all the places in the world that have open quests I haven't done. Is such an addon possible? Does one exist?

Ultratech

Soloed Dragon Soul LFR (Part 2) on my DK since you can queue for it now again.

Thoughts:
-Holy shit, these guys barely do any damage!
-Ultrax was easy, if boring. You still have to pull out for Fading Light, but tanking Hour of Twilights didn't seem to do much of anything.
-Blackhorn: Another easy fight. Trash goes down pretty damn quick and boss has nothing nasty really.
-Spine: Figured I'd have issues on this. Main issue is Rolling; you kinda have to shuffle back and forth between sides every 2-4 seconds so mobs (and yourself) don't get blown off, and also so you can actually blow up the damn plates. Remotely difficult if only because of mechanics.
-Deathwing: Nothing to write home about; abilities did pretty much jack squat to me.
-Loot is personal; got loot bags on every boss but DW who gave me Gurthalak (LFR).

Playing Blood DK is weird as hell without some skills.
Almost never used Death Coil as a Blood DK unless I had Lichborne specced.
I got used to it towards the end, so it's not TOO bad, but still kinda weird.

Peachpies

Is it possible for an addon to know what quests you've *already* done? Like for example, suppose I wanted an addon that would just automatically know every quest I've ever completed, even before installing the addon, so that it could tell me all the places in the world that have open quests I haven't done. Is such an addon possible? Does one exist?
yes it is possible to do this but only if its installed and there is probably an addon that does something similar but i haven't looked into it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So good
image1m4u7o.jpg
It's as good in live as it was in beta obviously, but it's still sogood every time I see it.

Linkyn

Still have to wait 5-6 hours until servers come back up, but it is incredibly satisfying to stare at the dark portal again while doing so.

fuzzyset

Soloed Dragon Soul LFR (Part 2) on my DK since you can queue for it now again.

Thoughts:
-Holy shit, these guys barely do any damage!
-Ultrax was easy, if boring. You still have to pull out for Fading Light, but tanking Hour of Twilights didn't seem to do much of anything.
-Blackhorn: Another easy fight. Trash goes down pretty damn quick and boss has nothing nasty really.
-Spine: Figured I'd have issues on this. Main issue is Rolling; you kinda have to shuffle back and forth between sides every 2-4 seconds so mobs (and yourself) don't get blown off, and also so you can actually blow up the damn plates. Remotely difficult if only because of mechanics.
-Deathwing: Nothing to write home about; abilities did pretty much jack squat to me.
-Loot is personal; got loot bags on every boss but DW who gave me Gurthalak (LFR).

Playing Blood DK is weird as hell without some skills.
Almost never used Death Coil as a Blood DK unless I had Lichborne specced.
I got used to it towards the end, so it's not TOO bad, but still kinda weird.

What level gear do you have?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

This is the first addon that come to mind. Not sure if it works how you want it to though as I've never used it.
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/quest_completist

Arcayne

Very easy at least on 10 man, couldn't do Firelands on heroic as I hadn't cleared it yet on normal.

Awesome! I'll give it a go when my partner finishes transmogging her gears. Lol.

On another note - i'm enjoying this patch immensely

Kemal86

Pre-Cata I used an addon called EveryQuest to help me reach 3,000 completed quests before Loremaster was overhauled. I don't know if it still works though.

I think I messed up -- farming Normal Firelands tier armor and did 10-man all the way through. Should've switched to 25 for Majordomo and Rags for three token drops, right? Only got one of each, and of course both the wrong type. Doing BoT now -- so I clear the first three bosses on Normal 10 and then can switch to 25 for Cho'gall? Couldn't kill the two dragons on Normal 25 as Blackout did too much damage. =/

Fjordson

Oh damn, no more serpent sting or aspects (other than cheetah). Didn't even realize that was happening!

Love the new models so much, my dwarf is so dope <3 also liking how easy the the old raids are.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Am I missing something with Sindragosa? Why does she hurt so much more than every other ICC boss on 25? Chilled To The Bone is hitting at an alarmingly higher rate than everything else.

iirate

I wonder if they think the damage after the stat squish is working as intended. Everything just seems way easier now.

It's probably intended - nearly every pre-expac patch I remember has been similar, just because all of the rebalancing throws current content off, and Blizzard would rather it be easier than harder.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's probably intended - nearly every pre-expac patch I remember has been similar, just because all of the rebalancing throws current content off, and Blizzard would rather it be easier than harder.

This.

It's literally like this every.single.time. For some reason it feels like I'm the only one who remembers that it's stupid for a month every expansion though. It drives me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom