• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah, cleared FL, BoT, and BWD for tier tokens on 10N, all four tokens not usable. =/

Edit: So, wow, those four pieces are now for sale at the Quartermaster for a tiny bit of gold. Done!

I just did my first instance since I resubbed. For reference it's been years since I played.

The dungeon I did was SFK. It seemed so...impersonal and clinical. I was the only one who said anything, and that was "hey, anyone have any shareable quests"

I didn't even get a response lol.

I need to do a couple more and figure out if they're all like this. Not only did we steamroll through the dungeon, but because of it's ease there was no communication or anything...that's how I found all my WoW buddies back in the day...

iirate

I just did my first instance since I resubbed. For reference it's been years since I played.

The dungeon I did was SFK. It seemed so...impersonal and clinical. I was the only one who said anything, and that was "hey, anyone have any shareable quests"

I need to do a couple more and figure out if they're all like this. Not only did we steamroll through the dungeon, but because of it's ease there was no communication or anything...that's how I found all my WoW buddies back in the day...

You'll occasionally find a friendly group, but they aren't the norm anymore. =(

Well its the end of the expansion. Things change with WoD.

I just realized that Sunder Armor has been removed from Devastate. Some form of weakened armor has been a staple of warrior builds since vanilla WoW. Am I missing something, or is this totally gone now? Fucking shit really sucks.

All quests in dungeons are now located at the beginning of the dungeon. No quests to gather up from the zone and share anymore.

Ah I see. No one in my party said anything, regardless, lol.

It's because of the dungeon finder. On the one hand it's super easy to get a group for whatever you want, on the other hand like you said they're more impersonal. FWIW I do get occasional groups that are chatty. I suspect there might be more talking at Heroic level, because it's not just a steamroll.

If it makes you feel any better, because of today's patch dungeons actually seem way more difficult than before. Yesterday I would roll through dungeons just literally facerolling everything in the instance. Today we actually wiped a few times, had to use CC, and talk about bosses' weaknesses. Felt kinda good to have a challenge.

iirate

I just realized that Sunder Armor has been removed from Devastate. Some form of weakened armor has been a staple of warrior builds since vanilla WoW. Am I missing something, or is this totally gone now? Fucking shit really sucks.

Weakened Armor is one of the player debuffs that has been completely removed as of this patch.

Ah I see. No one in my party said anything, regardless, lol.

What you're talking about is something I've lamented ever since coming back after being gone for nearly four years. I've leveled a prot pally to 50 exclusively doing dungeons and all but one was how you described. People just want to get their stuff done and move on. The one place I actually found was a lot like Vanilla and TBC dungeons is the CM silver runs I did. I ended up adding about 15 people after all was said and done. The whole experience reminded me a bit of running BC heroic when they were especially difficult, but without as much time commitment. Its was a really great experience and I'm super excited for the WoD CMs.

StayDead

I've never bought mop. The site doesn't let me buy it, there's only a buy draenor option. So do I have mop for free now?

MoP is going to be unavailable to buy while they're doing the server maintenence/patch. Although maybe if it's saying you can upgrade to WoD you're one of the people who got MoP free ages ago.

Tradeskill materials now stack up to 200 (up from 20).

jxXpB5Q.gif

Wunder

I've never bought mop. The site doesn't let me buy it, there's only a buy draenor option. So do I have mop for free now?

MoP is going to be unavailable to buy while they're doing the server maintenence/patch. Although maybe if it's saying you can upgrade to WoD you're one of the people who got MoP free ages ago.

You have MoP for free now. They added it to the Battlechest when 6.0.2 launched, so if you had Vanilla WoW or any of the other expacs, they just all get bundled in.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16...aft-now-includes-mists-of-pandaria-10-14-2014

I wonder if they think the damage after the stat squish is working as intended. Everything just seems way easier now.

Try jumping on a low level character, go ahead try some on level content....dare you to do a random dungeon. Once again Blizzard shows that they fail at scaling content. This was probably my biggest fear walking into 6.0/WoD. The scaling is 100% crap.

Level 90? Good gear? GG, you are gonna solo legacy content w/o an issue (prolly easier than before).

Trying to do on level content? Actually trying to level through on level content? Lul, get ready for pain. Get ready for people dropping group in mass, cause that crap isn't balanced at all. Tried healing a Scholomance run on my 40 priest, lol...nope.

M.D

Everything feels so weird now

I disabled ElvUI and can't get used to do the normal WoW UI even when there are less buttons to map

Item and stat squish feel really weird as well, and I feel weird playing my balance
Mobs on timeless also do a shit ton of damage all of a sudden Oo

Also, did I miss something or did they nerf the flying speed? I have master on my balance and it used to be 451% and now its 420%

Daniel R

Also, did I miss something or did they nerf the flying speed? I have master on my balance and it used to be 451% and now its 420%

All self-imposed speed increases are now additive, not multiplicative.
All external speed increases affect you only by the strongest one.

This was in the patch notes.

Shahadan

Their new group finder tool is cool but it's limited to realms speaking your language apparently -_-
Fucking lame in EU. Oqueue opened up so many more opportunities.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me or does everything in the game just feel snappier now? Maybe it was switching from SMAA to CMAA?

They specifically made changes to the game, that they said they were very excited about, that improved the responsiveness. I don't remember exactly but that's probably what you're experiencing.

Tacitus_

They specifically made changes to the game, that they said they were very excited about, that improved the responsiveness. I don't remember exactly but that's probably what you're experiencing.

They changed how the servers handle events. Previously everything got stacked into chunks that got processed on a tick basis so you had weird stuff happen like heals going through but the target dying etc. Now the servers try to make everything happen as it comes in.

1up

So I leveled 2 characters on 2 seperate CRZ clusters looking for the Mysterious Camel Figurine recently. Now NPC Scan and Silver Dragon cannot search the cache to locate these items making finding them near impossible now. Instead of flying over the spawn points in Uldum (which took about 10 mins round trip before) you have to stop and look at each spawn point and hope you don't over look a figurine. Sometimes it took me 5 mins to find the camel even when NPC scan told me it was there!

I'm kinda pissed.

Anyone have any addons to extend macros past the 255 limit that works?

Prodigal

Banned
They changed how the servers handle events. Previously everything got stacked into chunks that got processed on a tick basis so you had weird stuff happen like heals going through but the target dying etc. Now the servers try to make everything happen as it comes in.

That's definitely my favorite part of the patch so far...feels so nice!

Ultratech

So little things are toys compared to what I thought.

I STILL HAVE NO BAG SPACE X_X

Yeah, that's one thing that bugs me...there's still quite a few items I have that I thought would be considered toys, but aren't for whatever reason or another.

What level gear do you have?

Did it in my Blood Gear, so about 552?

Hell, I had to put on my Legendary DPS cape at one point just so stuff would die faster.

(I missed using Xperl; hard looking at the default Unit Frames again and shit kept resetting every time I'd get a load screen.)

This was super annoying when I first tried to do stuff earlier.

I'd get into a fight and suddenly everything would start lagging out for no discernible reason.

Not to mention a lot of areas were messed up and CRZ wasn't working (which would've been neat, but no mobs showed up).

I haven't seen anyone talking about this, but Cata leveling is way, way faster now. Levels feel about as fast as they do in the 40s. For perspective, I went to Vash'jir, by the time I got to the portal to Org I was at most 35% away from 84. I unlocked the portals in Hyjal, Deepholm, and Uldum(aka doing 1 quest in the first two and 5 in the third), and I dinged 84. I went back to Org to start the Twilight Highlands quests. I just now finished the lead-in quests before you get on the zeppelin, and I'm a quarter into 84 already. I'm still using a WotLK weapon because I haven't gotten far enough into any zone to get an upgrade for it!

I've heard that Pandaria leveling is faster too, but no one seems to be talking about how ridiculously quick Cata is now. Does anyone know if there are any other points in leveling that are quicker than they were?

Apparently in addition to the stat squish, EXP needed to level got squished too.

Pandaria is supposedly a lot faster to level through now.

iirate

I haven't seen anyone talking about this, but Cata leveling is way, way faster now. Levels feel about as fast as they do in the 40s. For perspective, I went to Vash'jir, by the time I got to the portal to Org I was at most 35% away from 84. I unlocked the portals in Hyjal, Deepholm, and Uldum(aka doing 1 quest in the first two and 5 in the third), and I dinged 84. I went back to Org to start the Twilight Highlands quests. I just now finished the lead-in quests before you get on the zeppelin, and I'm a quarter into 84 already. I'm still using a WotLK weapon because I haven't gotten far enough into any zone to get an upgrade for it!

I've heard that Pandaria leveling is faster too, but no one seems to be talking about how ridiculously quick Cata is now. Does anyone know if there are any other points in leveling that are quicker than they were?

Hixx

Cata levelling is quicker? I got my Alliance DK to 80 last night before the patch so that would be perfect. I came to realize last night that I really, really don't like Cata and MoP levelling so if I can blitz through both of them I will be very happy.

Resubbed yesterday after a while away and just about to finish downloading the patch (EU). Looking forward to pressing random buttons as I've no idea what does what anymore and dying often.

Gonna be a laugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom