• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

iirate

Cata levelling is quicker? I got my Alliance DK to 80 last night before the patch so that would be perfect. I came to realize last night that I really, really don't like Cata and MoP levelling so if I can blitz through both of them I will be very happy.

Yeah, I've been doing a lot of alt leveling recently, so I was seriously dreading 80-90 on my new druid(who I want to level because I might actually main her in WoD). Cata was a breeze, I got to 84 in about the amount of time I expected to get a single level.

So I leveled 2 characters on 2 seperate CRZ clusters looking for the Mysterious Camel Figurine recently. Now NPC Scan and Silver Dragon cannot search the cache to locate these items making finding them near impossible now. Instead of flying over the spawn points in Uldum (which took about 10 mins round trip before) you have to stop and look at each spawn point and hope you don't over look a figurine. Sometimes it took me 5 mins to find the camel even when NPC scan told me it was there!

I'm kinda pissed.

Anyone have any addons to extend macros past the 255 limit that works?

One small tip is that you can turn on friendly nameplates and it'll show for the figurines so that'll at least cut down on the chance of overlooking one since it gets a big, fat blue (if I recall) health bar that stands out. Definitely made finding them a lot quicker when I got the alert and flew down to the ground.

I saw people say npcscan was done for now while I was in Storm Peaks so I hopped on my TLPD and flew about for a bit while waiting for instances to get fixed early on.

Warface!!

T8yF8MF.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
These new models and animations... soooooo bad. There is so much work to be done, but Blizzard will call it a day.

I was thinking of going human female for my mage, but i dont like how they "throw" their spells now, they don't even extend their arm completely like with the old model.

Maybe i'll go with the male "gorilla" human instead.

Lol I love the new models. People have such hard rose tinted glasses. The old low poly/animation models are so disgusting.

Sure, a few have a couple minor tweaks that could probably be made, but its night and day how much better the new ones are.

I've been playing since launch, couldn't miss the old models any less.

StMeph

Mixed feelings about everything so far. WoD (and its pre-release patch) is so schizophrenic. For every good thing added or changed, there are some awful things too.

This pre-release event quest chain can be done in 15 minutes. Super disappointing and kind of sad.

Main's a Belf Unholy DK, so not much has changed, yet. Duoing with a priest, we were able to pull 10-15 elites at a time near the Dark Portal to farm for the bronze drake. We were able to get one time-locked box last night, but will probably continue to farm that spot for a bit longer.

Took my Orc Warlock alt to a barber, and I changed the look to something I was okay with, but the skin tone is now a very bright green. Ehh. Also, with the ability pruning, there's even less for Destro locks to do

The Toybox is great, but some things they removed in earlier test builds should have been kept in (lookin' at you, Safari Hat).

Also got another Blood-Soaked Wraps in the mail, not sure why there.

Edit: I should also add I'm meh about some of the Pet ability changes too. Many abilities that were 70-95% to hit were changed to 100% chance to hit, but now have a damage range instead of a fixed value. If they were going to mess with Pets, they could have sped up everything and made it all snappier.

Hellers

That is a little odd considering they are no longer needed for leveling up professions in WoD... Maybe people are crafting toys?

Could you explain the crafting profession changes please? I just resubbed after mostly missing Pandaria (Only a single level 90 and didn't do any dungeons with him) and haven't been following the development of WoD. Is it something Garrisons provide?

strafer

It's also fun to watch people freak out in the chat about the stat squis, for those who don't read patch notes and whatnot.

They should have them at the loginscreen.

Tacitus_

Uh, tried to do UBRS but our group couldn't proceed after the old Rend arena. I saw some untargetable trash run through the door that's supposed to lead to the next area but the door remained shut. Boo.

I notice the "recommended" settings button on the graphics options gives you a lower set of results than before. I'd click that and get mostly "highs", now it's half "good" and half "lows".

StMeph

Uh, tried to do UBRS but our group couldn't proceed after the old Rend arena. I saw some untargetable trash run through the door that's supposed to lead to the next area but the door remained shut. Boo.

I remember old Rend Arena wave mobs wigging out. Obviously tapping into that nostalgia factor by recycling zones and reintroducing the same bugs.

New UBRS: same as the old UBRS.

Tacitus_

I remember old Rend Arena wave mobs wigging out. Obviously tapping into that nostalgia factor by recycling zones and reintroducing the same bugs.

New UBRS: same as the old UBRS.

Heh, they copied the yells from that fight. "Kill the one in the dress!".. though with less hissing.

-NeoTB1-

I'm really digging the new models and animations. I don't get all the complaints. To each their own, though. The Dark Portal quest line was short and easy, but it was still fun. Love it when new content drops and everyone descends on the same place at once. My realm was pretty solid yesterday, so kudos to Blizz for a smooth patch launch.

fuzzyset

Pretty sure that is the end. I don't think you make it to Zaela until 100. At least same thing happened to me and the rest of my group left (like they knew it was the end)....

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
"Deposit Reagents" button with the new reagent bank tab is the best thing ever added to the game.

ampere

mythic siege is such a faceroll.

Bosses just fall over. The damage spikes just dont exist.

Sounds like you didn't get to Blackfuse

Mythic fights:

Immerseus: Easy but not enough puddles spawn during inactive phases so the fight takes forever.

Norushen: Easy, has no HP. Watch out on sending too many people in at once though, the big adds still hit hard.

Galakras: Easy... but I died from fall damage leaving the tower for some reason, never has happened before. Perhaps I just fell further than normal but that was odd.

Malkorak: Mostly easy, but for solo soaking Blood Rage it's worth noting that tank CDs don't last 20 seconds anymore... I almost died when Fort Brew and my Protectors trinket wore off with 5 seconds to go.

Spoils: My self healing was so good I stayed alive alone for over a minute when my side 'wiped' from sparks going off lol. Easy fight

Blackfuse: Shredder adds have way too much fucking HP. Makes me think Blizzard didn't do a single full clear on Mythic to test it. We literally had to have all dps switch to them until I had more than 4 stacks. Stupid tuning, fight took us like an hour because we had no idea that happen.

Garrosh: Way overtuned HP. Probably 20-30% more than he should have. We didn't have enough time to adjust and a broken malice on someone not in the p4 room wiped us. Did hear that Iron Stars were not spawning or the visual was broken in p4 though.

Protectors, Sha of Pride, Jugg, Shamans, Nazgrim, Thok, Paragons: Easy, nothing noteworthy

Vio-Lence

Banned
I hate how hunched over male orcs are now. You cant even see their heads anymore, its like the hunchback of notre dame.

Trolls and undead are nice upgrades for horde though.

The posture and running of the new male night elf model looks so... derpy. I'm getting used to the new dranei stance, but in CM dk armor it looks like he's pregnant. Looks fine in normal armor though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is something wrong with the mounts total achievement? Mine say I have 177 mounts, but when i look at my actual collection, i see 210.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Sounds like you didn't get to Blackfuse

Mythic fights:

Immerseus: Easy but not enough puddles spawn during inactive phases so the fight takes forever.

Norushen: Easy, has no HP. Watch out on sending too many people in at once though, the big adds still hit hard.

Galakras: Easy... but I died from fall damage leaving the tower for some reason, never has happened before. Perhaps I just fell further than normal but that was odd.

Malkorak: Mostly easy, but for solo soaking Blood Rage it's worth noting that tank CDs don't last 20 seconds anymore... I almost died when Fort Brew and my Protectors trinket wore off with 5 seconds to go.

Spoils: My self healing was so good I stayed alive alone for over a minute when my side 'wiped' from sparks going off lol. Easy fight

Blackfuse: Shredder adds have way too much fucking HP. Makes me think Blizzard didn't do a single full clear on Mythic to test it. We literally had to have all dps switch to them until I had more than 4 stacks. Stupid tuning, fight took us like an hour because we had no idea that happen.

Garrosh: Way overtuned HP. Probably 20-30% more than he should have. We didn't have enough time to adjust and a broken malice on someone not in the p4 room wiped us. Did hear that Iron Stars were not spawning or the visual was broken in p4 though.

Protectors, Sha of Pride, Jugg, Shamans, Nazgrim, Thok, Paragons: Easy, nothing noteworthy

Even on 'heroic', Garrosh was way overtuned.

TheContact

Can't wait to go home and try this. Is molten core and the new bg out yet? I'm in the beta but barely did the first zone because I want it to be fresh when the expansion comes out

So I tried CMAA like you guys suggested and the game looks very jagged. Should I be using another AA option? Like something through nVidia's control panel? I have a gtx 670 currently. 4.1 ghz i7 and I used to run everything at ultra.

I haven't seen anyone talking about this, but Cata leveling is way, way faster now. Levels feel about as fast as they do in the 40s. For perspective, I went to Vash'jir, by the time I got to the portal to Org I was at most 35% away from 84. I unlocked the portals in Hyjal, Deepholm, and Uldum(aka doing 1 quest in the first two and 5 in the third), and I dinged 84. I went back to Org to start the Twilight Highlands quests. I just now finished the lead-in quests before you get on the zeppelin, and I'm a quarter into 84 already. I'm still using a WotLK weapon because I haven't gotten far enough into any zone to get an upgrade for it!

I've heard that Pandaria leveling is faster too, but no one seems to be talking about how ridiculously quick Cata is now. Does anyone know if there are any other points in leveling that are quicker than they were?

Fuck Cata, MoP leveling is crazy fast. I got from 88-90 in 2 hours last night. Normally would take 12 hours.

In other news, normal mode dungeons when you're at level are way harder now. I must have done 100 WotLK and Cara instances leveling up, and a handful of MoP ones. Every single time we would just steamroll the shit out of it. No effort. Last night we were wiping on bosses, and in one instance even trash, because everyone was treating it like pre patch. I actually think It was a great change, but it's definitely noticeable. I hope the step up in heroics is even more, back like old school BC heroics.

One thing I don't like is how trivial old legacy content is. You shouldn't be able to waltz into AQ40 and wreck everything as if it were level 1. That shit has got to get fixed.

Salamando

Can't wait to go home and try this. Is molten core and the new bg out yet? I'm in the beta but barely did the first zone because I want it to be fresh when the expansion comes out

Not till late November. The only new content is the Blasted Lands questline and the UBRS teaser. You'll spend most of your time in the next month just getting reacquainted with your class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom