• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogdud

I hate how hunched over male orcs are now. You cant even see their heads anymore, its like the hunchback of notre dame.

Trolls and undead are nice upgrades for horde though.

It's almost exactly the same posture.

On a similar note, I've noticed a lot of helms/hoods on my undead males look pretty messed up. Lots of giant bulges under the neck and appearance issues. Some stuff on my Orc too, mostly headbands and eyepatches all kind of 'float' off of his head. Hopefully they'll patch that stuff up.

Vio-Lence

Banned
When viewing the model from behind, his head is barely visible behind his hunched back. I don't know why but it really bothered me last night, overall the orc looks good, but the posture kills it for me.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Fuck Cata, MoP leveling is crazy fast. I got from 88-90 in 2 hours last night. Normally would take 12 hours.

In other news, normal mode dungeons when you're at level are way harder now. I must have done 100 WotLK and Cara instances leveling up, and a handful of MoP ones. Every single time we would just steamroll the shit out of it. No effort. Last night we were wiping on bosses, and in one instance even trash, because everyone was treating it like pre patch. I actually think It was a great change, but it's definitely noticeable. I hope the step up in heroics is even more, back like old school BC heroics.

One thing I don't like is how trivial old legacy content is. You shouldn't be able to waltz into AQ40 and wreck everything as if it were level 1. That shit has got to get fixed.

To be honest, AQ at lvl 90 in 5.4 was fucking easy too.

No one else has noticed how the mount collection and achievement numbers aren't the same? I should already have my 200 mounts reward according to my collection! But the achievement is like 30 lower.

Entropia

No One Remembers
No one else has noticed how the mount collection and achievement numbers aren't the same? I should already have my 200 mounts reward according to my collection! But the achievement is like 30 lower.

I've read reports of some of those tracked numbers being way off.

StayDead

Got to go in a guild group in the new "heroic" and got up to after Malorak. First time I've ever done something out of LFR and it was much more enjoyable.

Having no addons sucked and new druid healing is weird, but I got geared up there more in 2 hours than I have done in 8 months of LFR on and off at a much quicker pace. Not only that but I got 2 secrets. Guess I'll do LFR to get the rest and try and get my legendary.

Fuck Cata, MoP leveling is crazy fast. I got from 88-90 in 2 hours last night. Normally would take 12 hours.

In other news, normal mode dungeons when you're at level are way harder now. I must have done 100 WotLK and Cara instances leveling up, and a handful of MoP ones. Every single time we would just steamroll the shit out of it. No effort. Last night we were wiping on bosses, and in one instance even trash, because everyone was treating it like pre patch. I actually think It was a great change, but it's definitely noticeable. I hope the step up in heroics is even more, back like old school BC heroics.

One thing I don't like is how trivial old legacy content is. You shouldn't be able to waltz into AQ40 and wreck everything as if it were level 1. That shit has got to get fixed.

I did half of the normal mode MoP dungeons last night and it was a mixed bag. Some bosses were more steamroll-able than usual and some mechanics did waaaay more damage than usual. Felt like it was magic damage more often than not that was off. Gotta imagine this is due to the squish and things will get fixed as they go along, but I haven't had wipes on Normal dungeons in a long, long time.

I also noticed some quest mobs in Pandaria requiring a lot more self heals than I remember. The sprites in Kun-Lai in particular could wreck me if I wasn't on top of heals.

Felspawn

I was disappointed to see that my Argent Charger is still exclusive to my alliance paladin, i had hoped my Horde pally would be able to take him for a spin :(

ampere

On your mount collection tab it counts mounts you can't use from the opposite faction.

On the achievement it only tracks ones usable by your faction or both factions. My total went up to the 280s, but only 230s for the achievement. Not a bug afaik

Mothman91

Does anyone know if any stores like GameStop are selling the game digitally in store? I think I have credit in GameStop and wanted to use said credit.

Also I heard if you buy wod now you can boost a toon to 90, and if that toon is atleast 60, its professions are boosted to max Lvl also?

I'm not liking the patch so far :(

Tanks health goes down way to fast now and the healing was nerfed too

I'm wiping in BC instances. Seriously, when does that ever happen? God knows what'll happen when I get to WOTLK. I've been wiping as a healer and just dps in separate groups. Everyone is wiping. That never happens ever

Gonna shelve my resto Shaman for now

Mothman91

Yep, I boosted my level 60 and am now maxed out in Engineering and Jewelcrafting, the most expensive professions to level!
Those two rely in mining for mats right? Maybe I'll have one toon have those two and I'll have another toon Lvl up mining.

Now just need an answer for my other question :)

StayDead

I'm wiping in BC instances. Seriously, when does that ever happen? God knows what'll happen when I get to WOTLK. I've been wiping as a healer and just dps in separate groups. Everyone is wiping. That never happens ever

You think that's bad. My level 90 ret paladin takes about 5 hits to kill a level 30 elites in Scarlet Halls haha

Felspawn

meh LFR groups and pugs in general are always shit after a big patch like this. All the people that were use to facerolling take a little while to adapt to their new surroundings. assuming they dont just shelf characters... I went into Heroic SoO with my normal guild group and sure enough...... everything was fine. bosses still dropped. nothing odd happened aside from some deaths due to lag spikes and DCs (which is to be expected to happen on Patch Day). i think you need to step back and realize the sky is in fact not falling.

Felspawn

You think that's bad. My level 90 ret paladin takes about 5 hits to kill a level 30 elites in Scarlet Halls haha

I'm assuming your being sarcastic here, i walked into ICC25man heroic and was hitting mobs for 2Million damage as i facerolled passed the first few bosses

Yeah Garrosh is definitely broken, at least as of last night. Did the new normal (flex) and we wiped on him once which is something that would never have happened before, simply because he had too much HP. Phase 1 took two sets of adds for example, even when most of our raid was mythic/heroic geared. Normally he would be melted way before that.

Got my decapitator though from having my loot spec as unholy which is nice. Don't even need a second one for fury warrior either necessarily since I have two of the 1Hers from normal before. Just need to gather other things now - agi weapons ideally since the war staff is good for pretty much all int users.

In other news, high end DPS seems to be sitting and around 20k give or take. Other experiences with that?

Do we know anything about Hallow's End 2014 yet?

Starting this Saturday.

Didn't they promise new item scaling for holiday drops so they don't have to bother updating the loot tables every year? I don't remember if that was getting implemented before or after hallow's end this year.

I think CMAA looks really nice, actually.

The crawling on thin objects or between staircase steps is extremely noticable.

antonz

Yeah Garrosh is definitely broken, at least as of last night. Did the new normal (flex) and we wiped on him once which is something that would never have happened before, simply because he had too much HP. Phase 1 took two sets of adds for example, even when most of our raid was mythic/heroic geared. Normally he would be melted way before that.

In other news, high end DPS seems to be sitting and around 20k give or take. Other experiences with that?

I think the big issue is in Beta they really didn't do much with MOP raids etc. In fact when you would enter SOO for instance even if level 100 and 680 Ilvl it would scale you down to like 500 and lvl 90. I suspect they never really gave MOP a proper pass. I know I attempted one of the MOP world bosses at 100 and the thing tore me a few new holes.

Chris R

I'll just stick to leveling. The new quest line was cool but that only got me to 498 on my rogue, who can no longer solo kill the white tigers on timeless isle, making further farming there not worth the time.

I also died to a rare elite 85 when I saw it flying over to the timeless isle. Everything was fine until it started it's special attack sequence, hitting me for 15k each time. Thinking that value wasn't squashed as the regular attacks were doing 600ish :\

Fjordson

Ah i see.

I guess the glitch might be that these lvl 30 elites have the health of those lvl 90 elites from the heroic version maybe?

If so, those poor poor low lvl dungeon finder groups haha.
Yeah, lower level stuff is a bit out of whack. Was watching my brother play on some of his lower level toons and it takes ages to kill anything. I'd imagine they're still tinkering with the numbers.

antonz

Been considering running a fresh paladin as a side character in WOD. Would boost to 90 etc. Timeless Isle seems to agree with the idea as short of a chest every single gear drop has been plate so I can fresh 90 right into 496

Fjordson

Big thread about the leveling difficulty on the forums and a blue posted in there saying Blizz is looking into it. Something definitely got thrown off with the stat squish.

Felspawn

Been considering running a fresh paladin as a side character in WOD. Would boost to 90 etc. Timeless Isle seems to agree with the idea as short of a chest every single gear drop has been plate so I can fresh 90 right into 496

Cant go wrong with that, Paladins have been in a great place lately. WoD doesnt appear to change that

Wow, i really wish I hadn't leveled a death knight up a month ago now. Would've saved me like 20 hours if I had just done it after this patch apparently. Fuckin' A.

Do ya'll prefer melee or ranged dps?

Can't decide between an arms warrior or Mage/Warlock/Hunter

Just want a fun dps that's easy to level

WoW has a love/hate relationship with both melee and ranged. That said ranged has been the preferred class and I stopped playing melee for the past 2 expansions and use a Mage and Elemental Shaman. Though melee has an easier time on the initial leveling.

Why not try a Shaman or a Druid? That way you can play both ranged and melee and decide which spec you want to use.

Can't get a weapon from SoO LFR to save my life.

You and me both. I've given up ;(

RIP NPC_Scan

Many Time Lost drakes will be lost forever now.

It's broken for all mobs that aren't special "tagged" skull ones from MoP or WoD.

And Worn Troll Dice on like my 3rd pickpocket today, aww yiss. Could sell for almost 20k if I had them already, but I'm using this first pair on myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom