• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felspawn

Fury Warrior rotation is pretty mashy now. Not sure I like it

Frost DK is the same as always, just slower

Yep there was very very little different about Frost, at this point i'm not even finding it that much slower (not sure if its a gear level thing i'm only ilevel 550)

Ret is actually a little dull now. as much as i disliked Inq. just running down the ability rotation and occasionally having Exorcism proc is very meh. i'm looking forward to Final Verdict and its interaction with Divine Storm to make things a little more interesting.... or maybe Serephin

Felspawn

Do ya'll prefer melee or ranged dps?

Can't decide between an arms warrior or Mage/Warlock/Hunter

Just want a fun dps that's easy to level

Melee for me, If i had to pick a ranged class it'd be warlock, had some fun with that but i'm mostly a melee guy with my DK and Pally. You can always go Shaman, that way you can be ranged DPS OR melee, depending on what you feel like. I'd be a little hesitant about Arms, the changes to it have made it Very 1 dimensional at this point.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So I just made a Shaman, and some random guy tells me Elemental is a terrible spec in WoD. Should I listen to this stranger? I went Enhance because of him (I just hit 10), but Elemental was my preferred choice.

StayDead

So I just made a Shaman, and some random guy tells me Elemental is a terrible spec in WoD. Should I listen to this stranger? I went Enhance because of him (I just hit 10), but Elemental was my preferred choice.

Judging by someone in my guild Elemental AOE is worse now and they have to think rather than just running around constantly and casting whiich was dumb anyways but their single target is good.

Unless you're trying to do higher-end raiding (like Mythic) while it's the most relevant content, the difference will be negligible. Play Ele if that's what you like.

Wunder

Enhance is the only real spec, who wants to sit around casting lightning bolts anyway. ohwaitfuck

ampere

Not true, play what you enjoy!

People get obsessed with simulations and stack rankings which are not often representative of the real game or variety of combat situations.

Judging by someone in my guild Elemental AOE is worse now and they have to think rather than just running around constantly and casting whiich was dumb anyways but their single target is good.

I play a pretty high end Ele and the changes do affect AOE but not much. AOE got hurt a bit by losing Magma Totem to Enhancement spec (makes no sense at all) The biggest change to Ele is the lost of casting while moving. Sure we still have Spiritwalkers Grace but its' on a damned CD.

Fuckers also moved Water Shield, I liked being a pocket healer.

Hixx

EU realms are knackered.

Got in fine first go tonight, had to restart game and now I can't get back in (stuck at 90% loading on all chars, all servers, even new ones). Had a look on the forum and it seems a lot of people have the same issue.

Was hoping to push my DK up to MoP stuff tonight :(

Minion101

Banned

I'm maining a ele in WoD. What I love is the tool kit. Hardcore players like Preach gaming love the spec. Calling it his go to alt. Any true DMG weaknesses with be balanced. Play what you think is fun.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Speaking of shaman, I think I'm gonna have to race change mine. He's a goblin, which I used to love, but now that Orcs are so good I kind of have to do it.

ampere

I play a pretty high end Ele and the changes do affect AOE but not much. AOE got hurt a bit by losing Magma Totem to Enhancement spec (makes no sense at all) The biggest change to Ele is the lost of casting while moving. Sure we still have Spiritwalkers Grace but its' on a damned CD.

Fuckers also moved Water Shield, I liked being a pocket healer.

Water Shield was never ever good for Ele since they added Rolling Thunder...

Even if you wanted to regen mana your best bet would have been Thunderstorm + Lightning Bolt

vocab

ele is fine, but I wish it was better than it is. The class could use more excitement for sure. They are the kings of 5 mans though.

fuzzyset

I love ranged spellcasters. Why run to things when you can just stand there and cast at them? Warlock is pretty fun to level/play. Lock is my new main and I'm really excited for WoD.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Thanks for the input. I think I will go ele!

This is him, by the way. Like has just been said, Orcs look so good now that I had to make one. Purple mohawk included, of course.

1gp3w7C.jpg

Boogdud

Melee if you want to do the same damage as a ranged class with all the benefits of dealing with cleaves, aoe effects, positional/short range, and not being able to see yourself.

Ranged if you want to do the same damage from the comfort of 40 yards with none of the other drawbacks.

Used to be melee only dps had higher damage (supposedly according to devs at the time) because of all of the drawbacks of being in melee range in pve. Those days are long gone. Ranged or go home. The worst thing you'll have to deal with is not being able to cast while you're moving for that tiny bit of time it's required in a fight. Unless you're a hunter, then you're pretty much golden.

Felspawn

This is why I made a new character. So I don't get overwhelmed by the new stuff. Granted, I havent played since early WoTLK.

Makes sense, i say level to 60, so you have a good understanding of how to play, and then boost at levle 60, skip the oldest wow content in TBC and get free leveled up professions as a bonus

Ok, Watcher commented on twitter that the increase in leveling dungeon difficulty was not intended and they are working on a fix apparently.

Thank goodness for that. BC dungeons are a nightmare right now

Felspawn

Melee if you want to do the same damage as a ranged class with all the benefits of dealing with cleaves, aoe effects, positional/short range, and not being able to see yourself.

Ranged if you want to do the same damage from the comfort of 40 yards with none of the other drawbacks.

I dont know about all that, during a fight like Siegecrafter Blackfuse it seemed ranged had it harder them melee. in the end i've never been refused a spot in the group because i was melee

lazygecko

Ok, Watcher commented on twitter that the increase in leveling dungeon difficulty was not intended and they are working on a fix apparently.

Thank goodness for that. BC dungeons are a nightmare right now

I remember reading the constant reassurances that the stat squish would not end up affecting the difficulty in already existing old content. Seems all the naysayers have been vindicated.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I remember reading the constant reassurances that the stat squish would not end up affecting the difficulty in already existing old content. Seems all the naysayers have been vindicated.

To be fair, the primary concern on that front was people's ability to go back and solo content they outlevel, which has either been preserved or actually improved.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Are Blood Elfs the only old race that didn't get overhauled? Y u hate us blizz :(

Magnus

The new orc models are so good, I feel compelled to roll an Orc shaman.

Fuck.

I enjoy the look of my Draenei shaman, though.

--

Have things stabilized today? Mal'ganis had a full 1-2 seconds of lag everywhere last night, or worse. Unplayable.

Anyone else having issues with the map? I'll hover over the quest log beside the map, click on a quest to see where it is in a different zone and the map will recycle back to where I'm currently located in like 2 seconds. I barely have time to even see the location/abandon/etc

TheYanger

The new orc models are so good, I feel compelled to roll an Orc shaman.

Fuck.

I enjoy the look of my Draenei shaman, though.

--

Have things stabilized today? Mal'ganis had a full 1-2 seconds of lag everywhere last night, or worse. Unplayable.

It's fine now, Mal'ganis was only lagging in Org/Pandaria (23894893 people in both), the rest was fine all day.

Tamanon

Banned
Wow, Frost Mage is pruuuuuuned. If you don't take Frost Bomb, it's literally Frostbolt until procs and the occasional cooldown.

Frost is basically fire now. Spam Frostbolt until procs. No more Evocation means I have no way to heal myself in combat now. Also why did they change the order of stam and int on gear? This is going to annoy me for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom