• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

1up

RIP NPC_Scan

Many Time Lost drakes will be lost forever now.

It's broken for all mobs that aren't special "tagged" skull ones from MoP or WoD.

And Worn Troll Dice on like my 3rd pickpocket today, aww yiss. Could sell for almost 20k if I had them already, but I'm using this first pair on myself.

I was really fucking pissed man, like really butthurt over this. But I leveled dudes just for the Camel and Aeonaxx so I couldnt stop. I just got the camel mount 30 mins ago!

http://i.imgur.com/1xfyOgQ.jpg

Hixx

So this login issue on the EU side presumably won't be fixed until like 5am with the rolling restarts that were just announced. Nice.

Fjordson

Are changing gear sets already in the game? Like where you don't need separate drops for say tanking and healing because stuff changes based on your spec. Or is that launching with WoD?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Guys I'm trying to level my new monk from 48 to 60 before I use the boost so the tradeskills level up too, but I'm feeling the grind, and I'm kind of antsy to get there, and also lowbie dungeons are fucked now. Should I just use the boost?

Hixx

Are changing gear sets already in the game? Like where you don't need separate drops for say tanking and healing because stuff changes based on your spec. Or is that launching with WoD?

That's just WoD gear, no current gear uses yet I believe.

Guys I'm trying to level my new monk from 48 to 60 before I use the boost so the tradeskills level up too, but I'm feeling the grind, and I'm kind of antsy to get there, and also lowbie dungeons are fucked now. Should I just use the boost?

You're doing the daily XP bonus quest, right? Levelling a monk is as fast as it gets. I loved levelling it... hated it at 90 though :(

av2k

Hm, yeah, after reading everyone's comments in regards to the new patch, I think I'll just wait until WOD actually drops resubbing. Looking forward to it!

Ephidel

Well I've been kicked off the server for the moment but I did get a chance to see the updated models first. My trolls look so much meaner post-patch. I love it!

Mothman91

Hm, yeah, after reading everyone's comments in regards to the new patch, I think I'll just wait until WOD actually drops resubbing. Looking forward to it!

Yeah, that sounded like the best option. Was going to use my card like a week before WoD but my friends already resubbed....and they baited me like fish :C

Tough it out, grinding out two tradeskills from 1-600 is much less pleasant than 12 levels on a monk where worth two levels of exp is as simple as keg smash > Blackout Kick > Tiger Palm > Spam Hurricane Kick/Jab, Maintain Guard until mobs die. Carry healing pots.

Well, as excited as I was for WoD, I may need to sit out for a while.

My friend gets 10 FPS in Elwynn and 6-7 FPS in MoP zones.

I was doing Shadowfang Keep and my PC ground to a halt at some sections. I don't mean a FPS dip, I mean 1-2 fps if even at some points. Not sure what the issue was. I'll see if it's something that I can recreate.

frequency

What kind of PC is he on?? BTW, if it's the new models causing issues you can revert to old ones in settings (not sure how much they impact performance)

Some old computer with integrated graphics.

He says GeForce 6150se.

I think 4GB RAM, not sure CPU.

He gets that bad performance with old models (the new model option was turned off by default for him).

GAF - do I want to resub for WOD? I haven't played since Cata, and MOP didn't appeal to me. Not much time anymore to play, but this looks more like vanilla WoW which I looooooved

StayDead

GAF - do I want to resub for WOD? I haven't played since Cata, and MOP didn't appeal to me. Not much time anymore to play, but this looks more like vanilla WoW which I looooooved

Judging as someone who quit in Cataclysm and came back a few months back to see the end of MoP and the new expansion I can't say yes or no, but I personally think the game is 5-10x better than it was during Cataclysm.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
As a vanilla frost mage vet.. I'm loving frost mage right now. Feels classic. And Ice Nova is actually fuckin insane.

I come back for the beginning and end of every expansion, and completely ignore the 1.5 years in between. This one should be a really good 3-4 months.

I come back for the beginning and end of every expansion, and completely ignore the 1.5 years in between. This one should be a really good 3-4 months.

That's actually a really cool method. I just want to be able to experience the raids and content when it's fresh.

Will I still have to join a guild to be able to do the raids?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

This has been my pattern, except I quit shortly after Cataclysm (loved it tho, just burned out) and haven't gone back until 2 weeks ago. 50 on my monk now, will tough it out to 60. Any recommendations for tradeskills? I need to make money without tooooo much of an investment, because I have next to no capital.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
That's actually a really cool method. I just want to be able to experience the raids and content when it's fresh.

Will I still have to join a guild to be able to do the raids?

Nah man, since MoP you don't need a guild period. For this expac a lot of my OOOOLLLDDD guild came back and it's just not the same. I queue solo for this, for that, it just doesn't matter. Guild is basically chat right now and has been for a while. It's still nice to run stuff together but just isn't mandatory unless you want the cutting edge gear/content difficulty.

I've been doing the go/come back method since WotLK and it's worked great as I still get to raid the content before any nerfs, but after patches.

This has been my pattern, except I quit shortly after Cataclysm (loved it tho, just burned out) and haven't gone back until 2 weeks ago. 50 on my monk now, will tough it out to 60. Any recommendations for tradeskills? I need to make money without tooooo much of an investment, because I have next to no capital.

Tradeskills: For me was all about pvp for keeping them leveled. (I hardcore pvp) Now that the incentive for bonuses is out I don't see the point. In vanilla/tbc it was gathering professions I loved because of the money, but even money is sort of trivial now. I haven't bothered with professions since wotlk and I won't bother. It's just a timesink this late in the game.

frequency

My PC is actually running smoother on max settings at 1080p.

Mine runs fine too but I refuse to play without him. So I'll have to dampen my excitement until he gets a new PC or something.

Oh well. We'll just have to find something else to play.

The thing that kind of bothers me though is that I find I don't really care about whatever graphical improvements there were. Even the new models (I'm Pandaren so no new model for me) everyone is covered in equipment anyway so I feel it wasn't really worth it. But whatever I guess... We had been kind of expecting he wouldn't be able to play it for a while now. Just sad to confirm it.

As a vanilla frost mage vet.. I'm loving frost mage right now. Feels classic. And Ice Nova is actually fuckin insane.

Oh my god I just chose that talent and it's insanely fun.

komplanen

Mine runs fine too but I refuse to play without him. So I'll have to dampen my excitement until he gets a new PC or something.

The thing that kind of bothers me though is that I find I don't really care about whatever graphical improvements there were. Even the new models (I'm Pandaren so no new model for me) everyone is covered in equipment anyway so I feel it wasn't really worth it. But whatever I guess... We had been kind of expecting he wouldn't be able to play it for a while now. Just sad to confirm it.

Just tell your friend to buy a cheap used graphics card. Something like a GTX650Ti shouldn't be expensive if bought 2nd hand.

I'm an expert

Dude I have played WoW on some PIECES OF SHIT. What the hell is your friend running that he can't play wow..? A P2 MMX?

You can turn off the new character models with a setting anyway.

frequency

Just tell your friend to buy a cheap used graphics card. Something like a GTX650Ti shouldn't be expensive if bought 2nd hand.
I don't think he knows how to do that.

Dude I have played WoW on some PIECES OF SHIT. What the hell is your friend running that he can't play wow..? A P2 MMX?

You can turn off the new character models with a setting anyway.
I don't know. New models off didn't help he said. I'm not sure what's so different that caused the big drop for him.

1up

Turn off any addons that you have running and see if its the same.

Titan Panel was making my machine crawl for no reason.

frequency

I'd bet money its addons.

Turn off any addons that you have running and see if its the same.

Titan Panel was making my machine crawl for no reason.

Not addons. He renamed all the folders to make sure.

I think his PC is just really old and bad and there isn't getting around it.

Unless that Uglycraft stuff that Rösti does is easy enough to do and would help with it. But neither of us are particularly good with computers.

We may just need to wait for whenever he can get a new one.

Thank you, everyone, for the suggestions though.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I think I'm gonna make a raid save sharing guide next week.

Right now my friends and I are trying to get raid saves on bosses that drop mounts so we can extend the lockout each week and just skip the crappy bosses.

So far, we've done Firelands and Dragon Soul easily, those saves can be passed around like nothing. I beat 8/9

The issue we've ran into now is sharing heroic saves seems to be different from raid to raid. ICC heroic saves still seem to be save to group, while Firelands and Dragon Soul look like saves are to person.

It's extremely annoying, and eventually we want 1 character to have a save right up to each boss so the mounts can be farmed efficiently, but It's hard figuring out how to do it.

Not sure if worth saving up for a transfer and race change for my old hunter, or just leveling a new one. If I transfer him I'd be bringing about 50k worth of legacy items/recipes as well, but of course that's dropping $50 on the services which I don't really have to spare at the moment, especially with the more imminent need to buy the actual expansion and transfer my 90 shaman.

Think I'm gonna go into Draenor wearing this.
spMzhhp.jpg

Forgot all about the Savage Gladiator's Chain set (well, minus the belt and feet which I picked out to go with it). But you know, it's savage. So it'll totally work. :)

Pre-made group finder is so good. So much better than asking in chat for shit. Took me less than a minute to get a group for scenario I needed. Was asking in chat for hours with nothing.

vilmer_

Man, the new buffs they give you for soloing old raids are freaking great!

A friend and I took a few lumps trying to two man Flame Leviathan on 25 player mode. After that it was an absolute joke lol. I still feel dirty from it. I'm still convinced that Ulduar is one of the best raids every released for the game, Jeff Kaplan's last hurrah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom