• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

It's not happening for a while.

They've made engine changes or something. People who do force SSAA on get a ton of visual bugs like invisible character models/crashes.
Bastards!

The aliasing on the minimap and on my character is very bad, even with CMAA. I realize that this is Blizzard's compromise for pushing higher poly counts on character models, but this is ridiculous. All in the name of keeping WoW running on older machines? I am fine with that, but at least give the higher spec users some options.

FXAA is a complete joke too.

One thing that do I admit is that the game now loads 30% faster on my machine. It did not bother me before patch 6.0, but now teleporting to Orgrimmar is almost instantaneous.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
CMAA and 1440p I hardly notice, although it feels like it's running slower than 8xSSAA did, even with the new models off...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I don't know what it is about about Enhancement Shamans. It must just be the lack of passive defensives, but I can't do Lich King H25 solo despite being 581. I can heal myself, but those Infests just hit me like a truck, and I can't outheal it with maelstrom procs because it's just like 100, 50, 0 in the space of 3 seconds.

But my 540 Hunter can do it no problem. Pet class has its benefits of course, but it's still just jarring to me because I could probably do it on my 530 warrior as well.

glaurung

Ran a couple of dailies with my hunter last night too on Timeless Isle. It's weird. The mobs that would give me pause before the patch now die in seconds. Others that were a pushover before now take a long time to kill.

It does not make sense to me.

Started slow-leveling my new orc hunter. To make things more interesting, I am doing 10 pushups for every level gained and 20 pushups and 20 squats for every 10th level gained.

So there are 5 bosses in the event UBRS map, but you can only beat 3 of them? Whats up with that? Also how does the loot system work in there? Just get a 550 ring from the first boss, the other 2 just had gold.

I found it pretty great that if you die in there, you respawn at the beginnen of the dungeon and not somewhere outside of it, so you dont have to watch 2 loadings screens before being back in the dungeon - did they make this change to every dungeon or just the UBRS event?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Next time one of you non-2h using fools solo DS, Btag me, so I can come snipe Gurthalak from Deathwing. I don't care about the mounts at all. I just can't do spine by myself.

So there are 5 bosses in the event UBRS map, but you can only beat 3 of them? Whats up with that? Also how does the loot system work in there? Just get a 550 ring from the first boss, the other 2 just had gold.

I found it pretty great that if you die in there, you respawn at the beginnen of the dungeon and not somewhere outside of it, so you dont have to watch 2 loadings screens before being back in the dungeon - did they make this change to every dungeon or just the UBRS event?
Everything has a chance to drop something for you based on your spec. It's just random personal loot ify ou get it or not, so you don't roll on anything. The idea is just that you should always loot the bosses until you get the items you want from multiple run throughs. I'm pretty sure they just did the first 3 bosses because the real pre-launch event is the new models, but they had to shoot something out there as an event since that's what they always do. Thus the mediocre Portal event and the preview of a WoD dungeon that doesn't even give you a pet or achievement or anything(the dungeon, I mean.)

Just the UBRS event, but I imagine it'll be the norm going through in WoD. I haven't messed with dungeons on beta yet though, so I don't know.

Hixx

Ran a couple of dailies with my hunter last night too on Timeless Isle. It's weird. The mobs that would give me pause before the patch now die in seconds. Others that were a pushover before now take a long time to kill.

It does not make sense to me.

Started slow-leveling my new orc hunter. To make things more interesting, I am doing 10 pushups for every level gained and 20 pushups and 20 squats for every 10th level gained.

Last night before the servers messed up, level 80-82 mobs had about 12k hp. When I logged on today they have about 5.5k. Must have been a massive nerf across the board?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
That new ubrs is the most utterly pointless thing I've done in this game. It's essentially ubrs reskinned. Boss placement.. mob placement.. minus a room of whelps it's absolutely nothing new compared to the other 10 years worth of ubrs runs I've done. Was it meant to pay homage? Of course it pays homage.. it's the exact same dungeon with different boss names. Unless the second half of the dungeon is going to be mind blowingly awesome and not just lead to Drak's old room, this was a serious waste of resources.

StayDead

That new ubrs is the most utterly pointless thing I've done in this game. It's essentially ubrs reskinned. Boss placement.. mob placement.. minus a room of whelps it's absolutely nothing new compared to the other 10 years worth of ubrs runs I've done. Was it meant to pay homage? Of course it pays homage.. it's the exact same dungeon with different boss names. Unless the second half of the dungeon is going to be mind blowingly awesome and not just lead to Drak's old room, this was a serious waste of resources.

I hate when they change old instances. They've ruined places like Scholomance for me :(

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I hate when they change old instances. They've ruined places like Scholomance for me :(

Yeah I cringe when I q one of those dungeons. The only positive is the speed of doing them, otherwise they're shadows of their former selves.

This whole "pre-event" has been pretty bad. Blasted lands takes 25 mins, ubrs is pointless.. I know we'll get a launch event but man.. they should have released a new bg or something (not that the bg would even work).

I've had more fun just rearranging my items and banks than the actual content lol.

Can anyone advise me on how to force proper supersampling back into WoW now?

The nVidia Control Panel option no longer has any effect on WoW, it appears.

Help?

The first logging in last night I felt like my hunter had had his fingers cut off. Most insta-cast spammy abilities are gone from Marksman.

I don't know but does Nvidia's DSR work?

Zareka

Is WoW (still?) good for casual playing nowadays? My FFXIV sub just lapsed and I'm trying to decide which account to renew. The new patch and upcoming expansion has made me interested in WoW again but I tend to have massive gaming mood swings so I never stick with a game enough to really dig in to it.

(I always feel rude never introducing myself in these threads so uh, hey guys. I think I posted here ages ago but I tend not to stick around too long. I played a ton of this game with my old guild through Wrath but apart from that I haven't really played all that much since we fell apart pretty quickly after Cata launched. Glad to join you all!)

Robin64

3go0yVm.png

BIF.

I'm an expert

Is WoW (still?) good for casual playing nowadays? My FFXIV sub just lapsed and I'm trying to decide which account to renew. The new patch and upcoming expansion has made me interested in WoW again but I tend to have massive gaming mood swings so I never stick with a game enough to really dig in to it.

(I always feel rude never introducing myself in these threads so uh, hey guys. I think I posted here ages ago but I tend not to stick around too long. I played a ton of this game with my old guild through Wrath but apart from that I haven't really played all that much since we fell apart pretty quickly after Cata launched. Glad to join you all!)

It's the definition of casual. Last night I jumped into multiple world boss raids instantly, made my own ubrs group and hand picked my team members from all different servers, ran through entire quest lines in minutes.

The game has totally changed. Now for me, who 10 years ago could devote lots of time to the game, these changes are amazing because I only have 1-2 hours a day at most nowadays. But for others who take the game more seriously, I can definitely see the challenges of keeping a core group interested. And sometimes when that core group isn't there you just don't want to play.

glaurung

Last night before the servers messed up, level 80-82 mobs had about 12k hp. When I logged on today they have about 5.5k. Must have been a massive nerf across the board?
Oh, and I also critted someone in Blasted Lands for 1,000,000 damage. That was definitely a bug, since even pre-squish my top damage was around the 600k area.

Too bad I did not grab a screenshot.

Felspawn

Oh, and I also critted someone in Blasted Lands for 1,000,000 damage. That was definitely a bug, since even pre-squish my top damage was around the 600k area.

Too bad I did not grab a screenshot.

not nessessarily, i was hitting stuff in ICC for 1.5 million damage a few nights ago, you might of hit a roach or some other critter

Ultratech

Seen the ceiling of Blackrock Mountain lately?

That's the end of UBRS now.

And you do actually get a reward for beating it (you just don't notice it since it only pops up in the chat box; says something like "UBRS Quest Completed" and it gives you like 45 Gold).

Zareka

It's the definition of casual. Last night I jumped into multiple world boss raids instantly, made my own ubrs group and hand picked my team members from all different servers, ran through entire quest lines in minutes.

The game has totally changed. Now for me, who 10 years ago could devote lots of time to the game, these changes are amazing because I only have 1-2 hours a day at most nowadays. But for others who take the game more seriously, I can definitely see the challenges of keeping a core group interested. And sometimes when that core group isn't there you just don't want to play.

Huh, that sounds great for my current style of play, actually. I'm really looking for something to kill time for the next week but I also use MMO's as in-between games when I'm bored of playing everything else, so this sounds good. Thanks!

So I take it there's no centralised GAF guild like we have with FFXIV? In that case, are there any EU GAFers in a casual guild? I figure I'd be best completely starting over if I renew, to level through a class and get my bearings with the game again. I was trying that with a priest on Silvermoon but I'm not sure if I liked leveling that.

I'm an expert

Seen the ceiling of Blackrock Mountain lately?

There's the end of UBRS now.

And you do actually get a reward for beating it (you just don't notice it since it only pops up in the chat box; says something like "UBRS Quest Completed" and it gives you like 45 Gold).

I've seen the top of brm for a decade lol. Doesn't change the fact the whole let's reuse the same place again gimmick is tired now. And 45 gold.. alright.. I wipe my ass with 45 gold. I've had 30k on each character for like the last 3 years. Gold became trivial back in wotlk. Which is obviously why they made it the de facto currency since they know players who dont buy vanity items on the ah just pile it up.

I think I'm going to switch to Enhancement on my Shaman in WoD. What would be the best way to do that? Just start WoD as Ele while getting Enhancement gear from quests, then when I've gathered a bit of Enhance equipment, switch?

StayDead

I've seen the top of brm for a decade lol. Doesn't change the fact the whole let's reuse the same place again gimmick is tired now. And 45 gold.. alright.. I wipe my ass with 45 gold. I've had 30k on each character for like the last 3 years. Gold became trivial back in wotlk. Which is obviously why they made it the de facto currency since they know players who dont buy vanity items on the ah just pile it up.

Please give me money. I have 30k on my main and that's it :p

RPGCrazied

Wonder if I can finish the legendary quest now with the stat squish. Couldn't finish that one scenario where you had to protect some guys from some Sha adds.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Also, why did they take out Fan of Knives on Combat for rogues? I'm going to miss that ability.

And I miss Arcane Explosion on my frost mage. It was a fast and easy way to kill trash in old raids. The Blizzard spell just isn't the same.

Interfectum

Resubbed. Their ability pruning for Hunters seems to have missed the mark. :p

Aspects now take up hotbar spots instead of having their own place and they removed traps from the trap launcher so now those also have to be placed on the hotbar.

My rotation is simpler but the icons all over the screen haven't really gone down that much.

I'm an expert

Evo is also arcane only now. That's the biggest change imo. Completely changes how mage feels when a staple like that is gone. Luckily I'm enjoying frost's changes.

Did they removed every greater heals from the game or just from the resto druid? Being not able to heal someone up quickly seems kinda odd at first. but maybe its a part of their new combat design with less burst damage (which actually would be amazing imho)

Overall this felt great, since it really matters which person i was healing - in MoP dungeons spamming mushrrom and wild growth was all that i had to do. Felt a bit like Vanilla Healing as a resto, besides having multiple ranks of healing touch in the action bars - Love it!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Evo is also arcane only now. That's the biggest change imo. Completely changes how mage feels when a staple like that is gone. Luckily I'm enjoying frost's changes.

To be honest, in 5.4 with my frost mage, i only used Evocation for the spell buff. Didn't actually care for the mana regen it offered.

Kuntz

I think I'm going to switch to Enhancement on my Shaman in WoD. What would be the best way to do that? Just start WoD as Ele while getting Enhancement gear from quests, then when I've gathered a bit of Enhance equipment, switch?

I decided to switch to enhance after being ele/heal since bc, because I have always been against dual wielding (2h windfury was the shit) and juggling with gear was stupid.

So I had to regear from zero.

It's easy, and quick :
Buy all the valor gear with gold
Just do lfr with enhance as the loot spec (be sure to max your bonus roll tokens, they stack to 20 now) and worldbosses/celestials, if you have honor you can buy 522 weapons.
The hardest was to get the weapons, but once you got those, you're set.
Also you can get some nice items from ubrs and the blasted land quest.

It's a good way to learn the new spells and rotations, go wreck the rares for farming toys, try some easy instances, go to the old dungeons...

Go for it!

Kuntz

How do you fight the urge to stop making alts? I can't settle on one lol

I hated alts.

Then I made money with crafting cooldowns.

Then they got a personal farm.

Now they'll get their personal army base.

Don't fight the urge...

Edit : Zareka, don't forget we're EU Bnet friends, so hook me up whenever!

Felspawn

How do you fight the urge to stop making alts? I can't settle on one lol

for me its about a sense of history with a character, my Paladin has been in the game since Vanilla, hes got rep with everyone, the classic feats of str, the stuff thats no longer in the game (Arcanite Ripper, Tabard of the Protector, etc) Feels odd to play other characters. That said i have plenty of alts. i have a horde paladin so i can see their side of the story whos had his own accomplishments as well as my DK who was a former main who came with WotLK. I have a NE rogue because i wanted and alchemist, a Druid (since vanilla) because i always though druids were cool but i could never really get into having him be my main)

I'm an expert

To be honest, in 5.4 with my frost mage, i only used Evocation for the spell buff. Didn't actually care for the mana regen it offered.

Pvp mang. Very important heal. Pve is just mash face on board so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom