• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has XP gain changed at all?

Will going from 89-90 take any less time than it did before the patch?

When I logged out before the patch, I was 700k/12.5m from level 87 to 88. When I logged back in, I was 599,999/600,000 from level 87 to 88. So the amount of exp required to level has dropped by about 95%. Quests and monster exp have also changed though. Previously, an average quest would reward about 133k exp, and now it rewards about 13.3k exp.

To put this in simpler terms, previously it would have taken you 12.5m / 133k = 94 quests to level (ignoring monster kills), and now it takes you about 600k/13.3k = 45 quests to level. So yes, the difference is huge.

Felspawn

Oh hey world of warning about that former valor/justice loot that now costs gold. It may stil say that you have 2 hours to return the item for a full refund but that isnt the case. You just get an "internal bag error" and when i opened a ticket with a GM thier reply was wait for the 2 hours to elapse and then vendor it for a fraction of the purchase price. (Thanks asshole)

Finally purchased WoD and used the level boost to get a max level warrior. Never had that before. I actually got that cool warrior gear you can only see in the character creation screen. And it's transmoggable.
Im debating between using the boost to take a monk straight to 90 or to bring a 60+ level DK to 90 for the gear bonus. I like to do a lot of solo content, so I'm leaning toward doing the DK. That would give me a warrior, lock, pally, and DK for solo fun.

TheYanger

UBRS is disappointing, the weapon models also look really bad, even if they are meant to incite nostalgia. (nobody cared about that crappy hammer blizzard, every warrior worth his salt wanted an Arcanite Reaper or Unstoppable Force.).

Neither of those were from UBRS though? =/

ampere

Oh hey world of warning about that former valor/justice loot that now costs gold. It may stil say that you have 2 hours to return the item for a full refund but that isnt the case. You just get an "internal bag error" and when i opened a ticket with a GM thier reply was wait for the 2 hours to elapse and then vendor it for a fraction of the purchase price. (Thanks asshole)

That's all they are allowed to do probably...

Sucks that things aren't returnable though.

Felspawn

Did they nerf the mobs in the timeless isle? I know i'm a little stronger now that i have a cloak on my paladin but still i was wreaking mobs all the way in the sanctuary solo where they would curb stomp me previously

Tacitus_

Nazgrim down before the first defensive stance :lol :lol :lol

x4VlJqk.jpg

StayDead

I got to finally kill Garrosh on normal/heroic! :D

Got my heirloom and some other upgrades after I piggybacked off a guild group who wanted to go boosting. I figured they wouldn't need me so stayed in the current group we were in and we got it second try. I'm not liking druid healing with wild growth having a cast time as it's hard to get used to, but I'll do it.

Just so happy I got my heirloom before it was gone for good :D:D:D

Tacitus_

Jesus.

We ended up stopping after killing Shaman last night. We 16 manned up to Sha, then 17 Juggernaut and Shaman.

Also killed Malkorok before Bloodrage :lol

But now the servers restarted so we were kicked out. It took us <15 minutes to go from Shamans to killing Malkorok :lol

Jag

Tacitus_

We popped lust on nazgrim during defense. There was almost ten ravagers by the end.

We had dpsd him during defense for the past 1-2 months already since it shortened the encounter so much. But now we killed him with maybe 10 seconds to spare before he even hit it >_>

Tacitus_

Damn yo

We killed him a bit after Blood Rage, wonder if they nerfed health since Tuesday night or if we were bad

Well we're pretty much all in full mythic gear that's fully upgraded (some fresh recruits don't have full mythic yet). We just destroyed Spoils and the minibosses barely had enough time cast their ability once or twice and the anima golems occasionally died before completing their waking animation >_>

Mothman91

Alright, so I'm approaching 4 90s, a 5th with my boost. I wanted to get someone to 60 and then boost him to 90 so I can get the extra boost for the profressions. Was going to add Engineering(or maybe Enchanting)/Jewelcrafting. I have a tradition where I usually play my first guy(priest who has tailoring/skinning). I kind of realized that I don't have any use for skinning because all I do is sell the mats on the AH. Would mining be more useful for JC/Engineering or Enchanting?

Tacitus_

And now Thok almost died during the first kite phase :lol -- he was at 30% when we phased at 23 stacks.
(would've died but our shamans died as is tradition)

Fjordson

So mythic is easier than pre-patch heroic? Or are you guys talking about heroic (pre-patch normal)?

Also, what do y'all think of the outline stuff? When you mouse over NPC's and other players. I thought I would turn it off when the patch hit, but I'm liking it. Gonna leave it on now.

cdyhybrid

So mythic is easier than pre-patch heroic? Or are you guys talking about heroic (pre-patch normal)?

Also, what do y'all think of the outline stuff? When you mouse over NPC's and other players. I thought I would turn it off when the patch hit, but I'm liking it. Gonna leave it on now.

I don't mind it. Not really useful for me as far as I can tell so far, but it's not intrusive enough to make me want to turn it off.

ampere

Yea we are full mythic, mostly warforged, upgraded.

Must have been more HP adjustments since our raid. We don't suck that bad :p

Although my dps as a Brewmaster is atrocious. 9k-ish. I'm hoping to be more in the ballpark of other people at level 100.

So mythic is easier than pre-patch heroic?

Yes. And classes are not tuned well for level 90 so if you have mostly mages and warriors for dps it will be even easier.

Tacitus_

Well Siegecrafter was probably the hardest fight prepatch for us and now we stomped him in 1:40. Healers have been complaining about not having anything to heal and DPS certainly is more than sufficient to absolutely stomp everything.

No trouble killing the Shredders? Cool, they fucking sucked on Tuesday.

Why kill them? We killed the boss without killing a single one :lol

Tacitus_

And now we killed the first boss of Paragons before the first slimes spawned :lol
Whole kill took 4 minutes and was ezpz, though Fiery Edge seems a bit overtuned compared to last week.

Felspawn

So with the changes to Prot pallys i'm finding myself tanking again, but while the rest of my gear is resonably good my 1h weapon is a shitty 476blue, what would be a quick and painless place to get a good upgrade? I have enough timeless coins to get the 1h mace there but those weapons never really impressed me much. would a heroic Scenario daily be my best bet?

ampere

Why kill them? We killed the boss without killing a single one :lol

With two down at once on Tuesday their raid wide AoE would near global everyone

Sounds like it was fixed lol

So with the changes to Prot pallys i'm finding myself tanking again, but while the rest of my gear is resonably good my 1h weapon is a shitty 476blue, what would be a quick and painless place to get a good upgrade? I have enough timeless coins to get the 1h mace there but those weapons never really impressed me much. would a heroic Scenario daily be my best bet?

New UBRS has a 550 ilevel strength 1 hander. And PvP gear is 550 and can be bought with honor

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

UBRS until you get a 550?

edit: this weapon specifically http://wod.wowhead.com/item=118758

Tacitus_

And we almost got Garrosh to start monologuing before the first emp whirl in p3. Just a couple % short.

Seems like the whole place is tuned for several DPS less or something. We ran with 4 healers and 2 tanks the whole way through.

Nokterian

How can i boost the AA? I mean the in-game just sucks now FXAA and CMAA really blizzard? I wonder if it is possible with nvidia settings or gedosato from durante.

Milennia

And we almost got Garrosh to start monologuing before the first emp whirl in p3. Just a couple % short.

Seems like the whole place is tuned for several DPS less or something. We ran with 4 healers and 2 tanks the whole way through.

it was better prenerf when we killed it, they nerfed his health an assload on wednesday compared to tuesday.

Must've been a stealth tuning pass. Flex/normal on Tuesday was still fairly easy, but harder than it should have been given the gear levels in our group.

Will be interesting to see mythic for myself next week. Off this week. Hopefully Garry is easy enough to get a couple weeks of mounts out of him after struggling to kill him the first time and missing out on a second before the patch. I want mine :<

Low level hunter is interesting. Pretty much everything dies from one Aimed Shot. Also, leveling areas are packed, it's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom