• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Oh, so you're one of those.

I'm an old hardcore raider, used to be in Conquest. I appreciate the finesse. I just hate when people think pve balance differences mean much when the pvp impact is always twice as great.

but yes in general lol pve pew pew npcs how bout real players l2p nub

Is magic damage broken right now? Started leveling an alt and any enemy that uses magic can kill me in 2-3 spells. And dungeons? Every tank is getting 1-2 shot off any pack that has magic. This is at level 15. I played my level 27 warrior, was tanking and didn't find any problems yesterday.

Is magic damage broken right now? Started leveling an alt and any enemy that uses magic can kill me in 2-3 spells. And dungeons? Every tank is getting 1-2 shot off any pack that has magic. This is at level 15. I played my level 27 warrior, was tanking and didn't find any problems yesterday.

Seems to be a problem with damage taken in leveling instances. They addressed it on Twitter yesterday and said it'll be fixed

Felspawn

Is magic damage broken right now? Started leveling an alt and any enemy that uses magic can kill me in 2-3 spells.

HA! newbies, you never had to level up with these guys

fb018f5c5b9b8d1ec694262017bbec6f.png

UBRS is disappointing, the weapon models also look really bad, even if they are meant to incite nostalgia. (nobody cared about that crappy hammer blizzard, every warrior worth his salt wanted an Arcanite Reaper or Unstoppable Force.).

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, the Pillagers were terrible. Especially when you didn't know you had an add on you until the fireball took off most of your health.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, the Pillagers were terrible. Especially when you didn't know you had an add on you until the fireball took off most of your health.

With all the "HUH" aggro sounds going on around that town, I'm surprised you wouldnt know you had one(or more) on you. :p

Robin64

Low level is really broken, despite a hotfix. Try making a blood elf and watch yourself get one-hit killed by a Mana Wyrm. Hilarious.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
All dungeons and raids in WoD should work like that, where you reappear at the beginning when you die instead of having to run back. At least that's what Blizzard said they were going for.

Even current raids are like that. I tried ToT LFR on Tuesday(bad idea, wipes and stupid pulls all over the place) and I was sent back to the beginning of the raid rather than outside, and dead.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Low level is really broken, despite a hotfix. Try making a blood elf and watch yourself get one-hit killed by a Mana Wyrm. Hilarious.

Why would anyone do that? Gross.

Fun Fact:

PvP brackets are now 10 levels again. But they scale your health (and damage?).

Still is pretty silly though. Takes like 3 attacks to kill someone, so whoever sneezes in the other's direction first will win a fight.

And these mobs in Durotar: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=39261#comments are insane right now. Do like 250 damage nukes when you have 800 health tops.

And Garrosh got his HP reduced, good.

"Garrosh Hellscream now has 15% less health on Mythic difficulty."

Between that and the lack of casts in Jade Serpent (can't really have been expected to be executed with 5 less people, albeit it's one of the biggest coordination checks and source of many wipes gone), the fight is probably reasonably doable now on Mythic.

Kuntz

For now the "good" thing is you only have to unlock garrison buildings lvl3 once, as they're tied to achievements.

But you need you alt lvl 100 and with a lvl 3 garrison anyway...

ampere

Stat squish was definitely half-baked.

I understand that they missed things in random low level dungeons or w/e, but I'm just really surprised by stuff like the health tuning on Mythic Garrosh. It would have taken like a 10 minutes for them to run it before it going live and realizing 'hmm this is health pool is tuned to be a lot higher relative to live'

And the Shredders on Blackfuse. I think that was actually a bug where the tank debuff was not making tanks ignore the 90% damage reduction on the adds, not sure if that was fixed.

lazygecko

Finally purchased WoD and used the level boost to get a max level warrior. Never had that before. I actually got that cool warrior gear you can only see in the character creation screen. And it's transmoggable.

Bastards!

The aliasing on the minimap and on my character is very bad, even with CMAA. I realize that this is Blizzard's compromise for pushing higher poly counts on character models, but this is ridiculous. All in the name of keeping WoW running on older machines? I am fine with that, but at least give the higher spec users some options.

FXAA is a complete joke too.

One thing that do I admit is that the game now loads 30% faster on my machine. It did not bother me before patch 6.0, but now teleporting to Orgrimmar is almost instantaneous.

I'm having the same issue you are. Everything looks jaggy as fuck in motion even with cmaa on.

lazygecko

I usually don't care about miniscule differences between different AA methods, but even I can tell that things look significantly worse now. Is there any reason they couldn't just keep the old method in addition to the new ones?

Maybe it can still be accessed via manual config file edits?

Felspawn

Finally purchased WoD and used the level boost to get a max level warrior. Never had that before. I actually got that cool warrior gear you can only see in the character creation screen. And it's transmoggable.

really? that was suppose to come from a barrack building, can i get a screen shot of that in action?

Boogdud

I still can't believe the game disconnects you when you're flying in full screen mode and alt tab out. Which sucks because I have to run in full screen windowed mode which prevents me from using gsync. This bug has been around for what, 2 years now?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope there's some kind of Justice to Honor equivalent in WoD. Now if you want honor, the only way to do it is to go into BGs with no PVP gear and get stomped by people with full sets since you can't just PVE grind out the honor then start PVPing on a fair playing field.

TheContact

I got about 12k total in the mail (all my Alts) from the old
Jp/valor conversion. Not bad. Still bitter about cash flow being removed but I understand why as I was one of those people just mass inviting ransoms to the guild bc of cash flow. I made about 30k in about a year but that's bc I didn't want to just be a jerk and take advantage of people so i gave them a pretty high gold repair daily limit. Could have made way more if I didn't but it's not like gold is hard to come by

Kuntz

I hope there's some kind of Justice to Honor equivalent in WoD. Now if you want honor, the only way to do it is to go into BGs with no PVP gear and get stomped by people with full sets since you can't just PVE grind out the honor then start PVPing on a fair playing field.

That's exactly why I'm starting pvp as soon as I get to 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom