• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't mean to double post, but I know there's a good bit of locks in here, and I was fixing to be in Outlands anyways. I figure a Lock can solo BT pretty easily, but I heard someone saying there's trouble with Reliquary of Souls if I wanted to do it on my warrior? Would Locks have this same issue? And what exactly is the issue?

Salamando

Don't mean to double post, but I know there's a good bit of locks in here, and I was fixing to be in Outlands anyways. I figure a Lock can solo BT pretty easily, but I heard someone saying there's trouble with Reliquary of Souls if I wanted to do it on my warrior? Would Locks have this same issue? And what exactly is the issue?

They're likely talking about the second face's aura. It causes a character to take a portion of any damage it inflicts on the boss, but buffs your healing by a lot. If you have good self-healing, you can get through it with low DPS and frequent heals. If you can't self-heal that easily, you'll have problems. Don't remember warriors having much of anything in the way of self-healing, but at least locks can drain health. Don't know if the damage part of it would be more than you're funnelling though.

Tacitus_

You can pop shield wall without a shield these days so it should be quite doable.
Though that reminds me, I killed myself so many times on that boss when I critted silly amounts with shadow bolts and one shotted myself.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You had to kill every boss to get to Illidan, right? He's pretty much got the only loot I care about on my Warrior and Lock

Need to run there before a certain stress test starts this weekend.
Had a little go leveling up a Goblin and man that was fun!

Wait til you do the Pandaren one

Cipherr

The more I mess with it, the more I don't think companion pets or battle pets are interesting at all. Like, I saw the digital deluxe thing for Diablo 3, and it's like that's cool ... but when would I ever use it? For that first week then nothing, and I just don't think the Battle Pet combat's all that fun.

I use the pets I have strictly as .... little followers. I use a mod that maintains it for me and keeps it summoned all the time.

I dont really ever do pet battling. Seems pretty boring to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think it's a cool little curio of where you've been, the raid ones, but that's about it. Like having a mini fel reaver and curator's kind of cool... But it'd be a lot better if you could click it and it would use that boss's noises/quotes instead of just sitting there. A few do but not that many. Fel Reaver doesn't make the WAHGGGGG noise and Curator doesn't say anything.

I get that it would be annoying if it was automatic, but what I'm saying is Warcraft 3 style where you just click it and it'll say something. I'd much rather have that than slow as hell Pokemon battles.

Edit: ANd on the 'personalizing' note I was talking about before. The Temple of the White Tiger quest is the PERFECT chance for them to have done something unique for your race, but no, they just make you fight Wrynn/Garrosh. Would a Blood Elf, Troll, Tauren, or Goblin really hate Wrynn that much? Wouldn't a Troll have Garrosh or Zul'Jin? The Blood Elves have Arthas or Kael? The humans have Arthas or Garrosh? Could have added some serious spice there, and it's not like the mob does any Wrynn/Garrosh specific abilities. As long as it was humanoid, they could have done it and just removed the 'that's my father' line. I don't know, I just wish it was something they pushed more to help your character feel unique.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I hit 90 a few days ago, but I've come to the reasonable point of explanation that Mists of Pandaria is the best expansion of a game I've ever played.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hit 90 a few days ago, but I've come to the reasonable point of explanation that Mists of Pandaria is the best expansion of a game I've ever played.

It's also the darkest mmo expansion I've ever played, ironic given people thinking it would be kiddy. Though the thing I noticed while playing it is ... It's kind of hard to feel bad for the Pandaren. Like, they have this beautiful home, and they don't want people to come in and destroy it. But they didn't do anything to earn their home, the Emperor did it. They live in gluttony, it seems like most their female NPCs just want to kill everything, Taran is a dick who can't even control his own emotions despite telling others to.

Where as the Yaungol talk about how they had no other option, and they needed somewhere to live. And the troll Prophet says how the Cataclysm took their home and this is all they had, and the greedy Pandaren won't give it up. And it just makes me go, 'wait who am I supposed to be helping again? Because these Pandas just seem kind of greedy and lazy.'

Tacitus_

You had to kill every boss to get to Illidan, right? He's pretty much got the only loot I care about on my Warrior and Lock

Need to run there before a certain stress test starts this weekend.

Fairly sure that the door to the Den of Mortal Delights is locked and you need to kill the bosses inside the main temple to open it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Fairly sure that the door to the Den of Mortal Delights is locked and you need to kill the bosses inside the main temple to open it.

Yeah, and I hate that. I really want the bow that drop from Illidan for my Tauren Hunter. Sucks that I have to do the whole raid. At least I can use Camouflage and skip some of the trash that way.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Illidan has so much more cool stuff compared to everyone else in that raid

He has the Bulwark
He has the warglaives
He has the bow
He has Zhar'doom

Tacitus_

Yeah, and I hate that. I really want the bow that drop from Illidan for my Tauren Hunter. Sucks that I have to do the whole raid. At least I can use Camouflage and skip some of the trash that way.

*shrug*
It's not like they add huge amounts of time since you can basically run in and run out and they die. The bosses only have a couple million HP each, so I could 2-3 shot them on my warlock >_>

Not sure about the other specs, but with talents/glyphs and what I've played of Destro lock so far, they should have enough healing to get through Reliquary. Everything else should be pretty cake. Just don't cast too many Chaos Bolts :p

It's also the darkest mmo expansion I've ever played, ironic given people thinking it would be kiddy. Though the thing I noticed while playing it is ... It's kind of hard to feel bad for the Pandaren. Like, they have this beautiful home, and they don't want people to come in and destroy it. But they didn't do anything to earn their home, the Emperor did it. They live in gluttony, it seems like most their female NPCs just want to kill everything, Taran is a dick who can't even control his own emotions despite telling others to.

Where as the Yaungol talk about how they had no other option, and they needed somewhere to live. And the troll Prophet says how the Cataclysm took their home and this is all they had, and the greedy Pandaren won't give it up. And it just makes me go, 'wait who am I supposed to be helping again? Because these Pandas just seem kind of greedy and lazy.'

Chi ji lost his home, they forget about Niuzao and the jade dragon is dying.

You can thank the emperor for that, he said to be free of your burdens so they did, if it werent for the four celestials they would be surely overruned by the mantids and the yaungol pretty fast oh, and the great wall was the idea of the Mogu.

Shahadan

'

Well pandarens were slaves and rebelled, so they kinda earned their land. And they're aware of the danger of the Sha and the nature of the Vale, so I'm not shocked they can be overly protective. As for gluttony, it's also because of the waters of the vale.
But yeah. Very much agree that Taran is a dick and always causes more problems than anything. Shame he survived every time <_<

Also, ironically MoP is still considered kiddy and worst, a FILLER expansion. Except for people who paid attention of course, since it's actually the only expansion that isn't filler since it focused very heavily on actual warcraft storyline and Alliance/Horde conflict rather than them teaming up as usual. A status quo that will apparently return in WoD, unfortunately.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've been thinking... what's the limit of instances you can do within a certain timelimit? And how long do you have to wait for it to reset?

I tried doing multiple dungeon/raid runs on different characters earlier this week, and I got the dreaded "You've entered too many instances recently" message. Why is that still a thing? It's frustrating... at this point into an expansion life with the usual lack of new content before a new expansion and the lack of interest in running current raids because you'll get better stats from quests/5 mans blues in a few months, all I want to do is farming dungeons and raids for mount and transmog drops.

Gah setting up all the macros and keybinds for my Priest to heal is so frustrating. Can't keep at it for an extended period of time. It's hard because there's 5-6 spells with cooldowns over 30 seconds, some longer than others, so I have to figure out where I want those, besides figuring out what I want to do in terms of Clique and/or mouseover macros for more frequently used spells.

And it's not just keybinds, it's figuring out where I want the buttons on my bars for the best visual organization. And do I bind this to a mouse button (+modifier?), or put it on a keyboard key (+modifier?)

UHGjkshgjdsgsdfh.

Once I get it all figured out things will be buttery smooth, but until then it's a headache.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sure it was a coiincidence, but I found it funny that all 4 of the people on the Champions were Destro Locks. 3 Undead and my 1 Blood Elf.

iirate

Gah setting up all the macros and keybinds for my Priest to heal is so frustrating. Can't keep at it for an extended period of time. It's hard because there's 5-6 spells with cooldowns over 30 seconds, some longer than others, so I have to figure out where I want those, besides figuring out what I want to do in terms of Clique and/or mouseover macros for more frequently used spells.

And it's not just keybinds, it's figuring out where I want the buttons on my bars for the best visual organization. And do I bind this to a mouse button (+modifier?), or put it on a keyboard key (+modifier?)

UHGjkshgjdsgsdfh.

Once I get it all figured out things will be buttery smooth, but until then it's a headache.

At the peak of my obsession my shaman had to do this, but with well over 100 binds(somewhere between 110 and 130 IIRC). I've always been very particular about thorough binding, but it definitely got out of hand by that point.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
At the peak of my obsession my shaman had to do this, but with well over 100 binds(somewhere between 110 and 130 IIRC). I've always been very particular about thorough binding, but it definitely got out of hand by that point.

this is where a lot of people fall apart. If you aren't flexible enough to heal quick and easily, you're going to spend more time trying to be efficient than actually being efficient.

Ultratech

I've been thinking... what's the limit of instances you can do within a certain timelimit? And how long do you have to wait for it to reset?

I believe it's 5 instances per hour and it affects all characters on your account.
So you'd have to wait one hour from when you entered the 1st instance.

Well pandarens were slaves and rebelled, so they kinda earned their land. And they're aware of the danger of the Sha and the nature of the Vale, so I'm not shocked they can be overly protective. As for gluttony, it's also because of the waters of the vale.
But yeah. Very much agree that Taran is a dick and always causes more problems than anything. Shame he survived every time <_<

Most of the Pandaren weren't that bad, it was mostly just the Shado-Pan since they were pretty xenophobic and wanted nothing to do with us.
(It seems almost ironic that they blamed the reapparance of the Sha on us, when you could argue that the Pandaren themselves are to blame for some of them popping up.)

Loxley

Another year, another Winters Veil I pretend I'm going to actually participate in for more than two minutes. On the plus side, it warms my heart to see Ironforge this populated again.

6c1w.jpg

JCizzle

I'm going to be concerned if we don't hear about beta by mid-January. They can't allow this to drag on for another 6 months into the summer - it's time to break the 9+ month last tier cycle of lost subs. If only GC was still onboard :(

I kind of like a longer cycle on the last tier since it gives people time to catch up and finish various things before it's all essentially obsolete, but it really should be 6-7 months tops with no new content after the last raid tier with an expansion is announced.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Managed to get the Deathbringer shoulders and gloves. Now all I really need is the chest and helmet.

Just wish Ulduar 10 man gave more token drops instead of just one per boss

Alright well I got my Priest bindings in a way that's acceptable enough. Successfully healed a dungeon. Though I'm in the 70s, so Wrath stuff. Kind of boring when I did all those dungeons a zillion times when they were relevant. May just switch to Shadow and quest/kill things until 80. Or do they let you start Cata content at 78 now? I don't remember.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, found the perfect spot for Elixir of Ancient Knowledge. Was leveling another warrior on the horde side and decided to use it with full heirlooms at the beginning of level 82 in Deepholm. Made it all the way to 85 with 5 minutes to spare on the buff time using it. I hated those levels. Just kept questing and questing, hit 84 by the time I got the first world pillar piece, so much XP.

Ultratech

Finally got Xal'atoh off Garrosh the other night.

The whispers from the weapon are certainly...creepy to say the least.

Finally done, grinded out exalted over the past 2 days (was at revered). Made a couple friends on the server in the process as well. Think I spent about 3 hours with each group.

Tempted to grind that out, but I've heard it's very tedious.

Fjordson

I think the battle net launcher causes my game to stutter.
How long has it been going on? My game has been stuttering all over the place since the last patch (5.4.2 I think?). And I never ever got it before so it's been really frustrating because I have no clue how to fix it. I notice it the most when using certain instant-cast abilities. Like Arcane Shot or Bestial Wrath on my hunter. Really frustrating.

Khezu

How long has it been going on? My game has been stuttering all over the place since the last patch (5.4.2 I think?). And I never ever got it before so it's been really frustrating because I have no clue how to fix it. I notice it the most when using certain instant-cast abilities. Like Arcane Shot or Bestial Wrath on my hunter. Really frustrating.

Since the last patch as well.

Which is coincidentally also when I started using the battle net launcher, since it came with hearthstone.

So I'm not sure if it's the patch or the launcher.

Tempted to grind that out, but I've heard it's very tedious.

Tedious alone, fun in a group (with Vent).

You can grind it out with as few as 2 people if you don't fuck with High Priests and it's never boring since you're at constant risk of dying. With 4 you can keep Ordos Sanctuary completely unpopulated except for the elementals. It's only tedious if you stick to the easier mobs 100% of the time. If you coordinate your group you can have a rep banner up 100% of the time.

Zemm

Some of the people you meet in LFR is incredible, and not in a good way. Today I had a tank who was the most arrogant cunt you'll ever see in the game (voting to kick anyone below an arbitrary dps threshold etc even though the raid was going fine, calling people homosexual slurs, and we couldn't vote kick him because people wanted a tank, such a sad state of affairs), and judging from his gear (flex and normal at best) the arrogance was completely unwarranted, although even if he cleared heroic that still wouldn't have been enough to justify the levels of this guys arrogance. Blizzard need to add a "this guy is acting the cunt, have a word with him yeah" button.

This guy: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Strongtank/simple

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Some of the people you meet in LFR is incredible, and not in a good way. Today I had a tank who was the most arrogant cunt you'll ever see in the game (voting to kick anyone below an arbitrary dps threshold etc even though the raid was going fine, calling people homosexual slurs, and we couldn't vote kick him because people wanted a tank, such a sad state of affairs), and judging from his gear (flex and normal at best) the arrogance was completely unwarranted, although even if he cleared heroic that still wouldn't have been enough to justify the levels of this guys arrogance. Blizzard need to add a "this guy is acting the cunt, have a word with him yeah" button.

This guy: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Strongtank/simple

I've found multiple Heroic geared morons in LFR who decide to berate anyone and everyone, and try to have the raid doing complex HM tactics instead of the usual 'just roll with it' stuff.
I wonder why would you join a lfr with a character that's hm-geared, and then whine about how everyone doesn't know the tactics \ isn't geared.

Zemm

haha yeah, although this guy hasn't even completed normal modes it would seem. I can't get across enough just how vile this guy was, I've played since US beta and never met someone quite as bad as this. Usually have pretty good experiences in LFR to be fair, sometimes you'll get the odd mouthy one but a simple "relax, some people here haven't done it before" works, and if it doesn't they get voted out pretty quickly. But this guy was a tank and had a "high" (well compared to most people in LFR it's high) iLevel so it was impossible to vote him out. I should have just left but he only joined from the trash prior to Garrosh and I couldn't be arsed having to requeue and do Blackfuse and the Klaxi's again.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Few words on Warlords of Draenor beta testing still. I was hoping for an announcement (or something) before Christmas. Could happen of course, but seems unlikely:

Rösti said:
@Celestalon @Bashiok 12 days til Christmas, no word on Warlords of Draenor beta yet. But I hope we'll get else than Soon™ in our stockings.

Bashiok said:
@Rosti_NeoGAF @Celestalon It's generally not super helpful to have a beta happening when we're going to be out of the office on vacation. ;)

Rösti said:
@Bashiok @Celestalon Yeah, I get that. I was thinking more of a beta announcement, and that the actual beta starts after new year's.

I don't know when they'll get back to office, but maybe by New Year's there will be some new information. If anything, sometimes in January would be a wise time for Blizzard to start beta testing. Activision Blizzard's Fourth Quarter Calendar 2013 Results Conference Call is expected to happen on the 6-7 of February. They probably want something a bit more uplifting than the usual subscription loss to present there, and the start of beta (with some preliminary numbers about participation rate) would certainly be that.

Fjordson

Since the last patch as well.

Which is coincidentally also when I started using the battle net launcher, since it came with hearthstone.

So I'm not sure if it's the patch or the launcher.
Really?? Interesting. Well that's at least a bit of a potential lead :lol I've been totally stumped previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom