• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn do i gotta go back into SoO for my heirlooms then? Feels cheap to give in to the very poorly branded 'smash and grab' loot-o-rama as Blizzard commands.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I never got the point or popularity of heirlooms. Keeping the same gear..why.. I'm playing a loot game. I never used an heirloom to level either though I only ever had expac levels to do and not a fresh char.

komplanen

Oh hey world of warning about that former valor/justice loot that now costs gold. It may stil say that you have 2 hours to return the item for a full refund but that isnt the case. You just get an "internal bag error" and when i opened a ticket with a GM thier reply was wait for the 2 hours to elapse and then vendor it for a fraction of the purchase price. (Thanks asshole)

You reported a known issue and he responded by telling you how to solve it. Give the guy a fucking break.

The only bug there is the 2 hour timer showing up in the first place. There is never a return period for items bought for gold.

komplanen

I was afraid of that. Whyyy? Well, I know why, to get people to buy the expansion.

But, taking away the battleground especially is just nerfing fun?

Wait what? Are they disabling a battleground (all battlegrounds?) for the duration? Where's the information about this? o_O

komplanen

They are not disabling battlegrounds, he is upset that the temporary Tarren Mill bg is going away after the anniversary event is over.

Oh heh I totally misunderstood that one. Yeah I guess that TM / SH fun could have been a permanent addition but I'm sure if it's good people will beg and whine enough for it to be in some 6.x patch down the line.

StayDead

How long is the iron invasion going on for? I need to get my rogue to 90 quickly to pickpocket something from the mobs there but I'm only level 85 x_x

komplanen

How long is the iron invasion going on for? I need to get my rogue to 90 quickly to pickpocket something from the mobs there but I'm only level 85 x_x

A little less than one month. From what people have been saying 85-90 is super fast leveling now. In fact what people are saying that all leveling is super fast after the patch. At least in terms of XP gains. There are some obvious issues with mob health and skills not having been squished correctly but those will get ironed out in the coming days.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, you should have absolutely no problem getting to 90 before the event ends.

Felspawn

You reported a known issue and he responded by telling you how to solve it. Give the guy a fucking break.

The only bug there is the 2 hour timer showing up in the first place. There is never a return period for items bought for gold.

the fact that they arent returning the full purchase price is working as intended apparently not a known issue, the only known issue is that the items states you can get a refund when in fact you can not. Shitty policy but it wasn't that expensive and item and i've moved on, that said screw you, i can call out a shitty policy as i see them.

Made a Heroic run on open raid for Saturday if anyone wants to go http://openraid.us/r/249089 (alliance) if someone here wants to go but item level is too high let me know.

Tempting but I've never done a heroic fight in there. I'm sure I could learn it quickly but I'd hate to be that guy who fucks up malice during p4 garrosh or blows up the raid because there's too much going on during paragons for me to soak it all in.

Fjordson

Tempting but I've never done a heroic fight in there. I'm sure I could learn it quickly but I'd hate to be that guy who fucks up malice during p4 garrosh or blows up the raid because there's too much going on during paragons for me to soak it all in.
Remember, current heroic = pre-patch normal, so you're good if you've done normal SoO.

(if you already knew this then feel free to ignore me :lol)

What the fuck is this...

Ilvl 564 Disc priest, got people dipping dangerously low in fucking UBRS because damage isnt anywhere NEAR 'Triage' levels, its just as fucking spikey as always, yet my healing output relative to HP levels has been fucking neutered. So Im spamming fucking flash heals to keep the group alive.

Sure my Mana lasts forever, but what the fuck happened to slowing the damage output and having people in injured status? You absolutely cannot leave anyone in 'injured' status because the damage is still spikey and they just die if not topped off immediately.

Either Disc got neutered or they fucked up the tuning for level 90.

Yeah Disc got the nerf bat hard. I'm changing my Priest over to Holy for this patch.

Touchdown

Banned
When someone says your transmog doesn't match...

tumblr_inline_n4j6m1gmGL1syz3z8.gif

tariniel

Why does my Rake not apply the DOT sometimes as feral now? I'm attacking the raid training dummy from behind and the dot sometimes take 2-3 tries to apply.

Kintaco

Made a Heroic run on open raid for Saturday if anyone wants to go http://openraid.us/r/249089 (alliance) if someone here wants to go but item level is too high let me know.

That sounds like fun, wish I could go but son's bday is on Saturday. We need more of these open raids on here.

I really don't like their new group finder tool. Give me oqueue back ;(
I miss being able to invite people from the waiting list from the Other Raids option. Now you need to wait for people to ask to join. I think the group finder tool needs more filters.

Peachpies

Yeah Disc got the nerf bat hard. I'm changing my Priest over to Holy for this patch.
Disc is quite good right now, people who find it bad are probably not reacting to the changes very well. For know about fight in siege it doesn't have to be much, even just looking over the role guide they added to the dungeon journal should be enough.

komplanen

the fact that they arent returning the full purchase price is working as intended apparently not a known issue, the only known issue is that the items states you can get a refund when in fact you can not. Shitty policy but it wasn't that expensive and item and i've moved on, that said screw you, i can call out a shitty policy as i see them.

I can't think of a single item in game before or after this patch that you buy with gold and can sell it back for a full refund. Go buy a stack of some mana drinks and you won't be able to sell them back for a full refund.

The full refund on those particular items was there only because of the importance and hard-to-get nature of the currency used to buy them. Or at least that's what I read.

Blizz said:
As for the ability to refund for full purchase price that has only been intended for items purchased with alternate currency.

Any purchase made with gold will only refund a part of it when returned to a vendor. I am sorry for the confusion that this bug may have caused.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Ack I can't choose a character. I love my Pally, first and foremost, Tank and Ret specs are both fun. But I just went back to a Warrior I've had for years, around level 50, and I looooove fury warrior, it's so much fun. And then there's my BM/WW monk, who I like too... what do

Shahadan

I miss being able to invite people from the waiting list from the Other Raids option. Now you need to wait for people to ask to join. I think the group finder tool needs more filters.

I need a better way to filter raid modes, a way to easily see the ilvl asked, and goddamit I need to be able to play with people from all EU, not just my country/language.
It sucks so much, in oqueue I could raid whenever I wanted, even at night, and I always had a vast number of choices for any raid.
Now I have like 8-9 raids in my list and that's it.

Also french realms are full of annoying dumbfucks. Oqueue was a godsend for me.

mileS

Anyone try soloing old content since the hotfix change? I could easily do BWD 25m heroic on my 540 lock last night. Something that would have been impossible for me before that. The tweet that was linked earlier just made it sound like the HP pools would be increased, not the dmg done to players. Which in most cases, would make it just as easy, just taking longer.

Some of the talk on the forums makes it seem like its harder in general. but ugh. The official forums...

Fjordson

Anyone try soloing old content since the hotfix change? I could easily do BWD 25m heroic on my 540 lock last night. Something that would have been impossible for me before that. The tweet that was linked earlier just made it sound like the HP pools would be increased, not the dmg done to players. Which in most cases, would make it just as easy, just taking longer.

Some of the talk on the forums makes it seem like its harder in general. but ugh. The official forums...
Going to try it when I get home.

The back and forth on this has been sort of annoying. I mean I honestly I liked the buffed damage in old raids, but oh well. As long as it isn't harder than 5.4 then it's all good.

LowParry

Anyone have any recommendations for add ons? I'm probably going to roll a monk healer in the end. Just looking for the type of recommendation mods I should be using. Most likely will be raiding in the end with group content, etc.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not sure how you guys are saying that DS can be easily soloed. Morchok is one shotting my ret paladin with his Stomp attack and it's not easy to avoid.

mileS

Going to try it when I get home.

The back and forth on this has been sort of annoying. I mean I honestly I liked the buffed damage in old raids, but oh well. As long as it isn't harder than 5.4 then it's all good.

Like someone said earlier. Out of all the things to "fix" I don't understand why this was near the top of the list.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm not sure how you guys are saying that DS can be easily soloed. Morchok is one shotting my ret paladin with his Stomp attack and it's not easy to avoid.

Are you 10 or 25 man? Because I took my 524 Warrior through Morchok on 10N with ease.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I was able to undelete one of my most play chars today using the new undelete feature. It was the char I used to raid with all through tbc and wrath so I'm pretty stoked to be able to get her back.
Sadly I wasn't able to get my very first char back. :( He was a level 60 Paladin and had been gone since late tbc.
I'm not that fussed whether i have them available or not but now that it's such an easy process I thought why not do it? I was hoping to get them back mainly for achievement recognition and for nostalgia.

By the way a stealth change - cross-realm now includes more realms in the pool and/or different ones.

On Mal'Ganis and I see loads of people from Illidan which was never a linked realm before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom