• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently came back and I haven't played since early cata. Can any link me their keybinds/movement setups? Because I'm looking through all my characters and everything feels so foreign and I can't play for shit. :(

Boogdud

Welp, can't solo razergore anymore. The dragonkin pretty much kill him in about 45 seconds. Blizzard you really suck sometimes.

Edit: did it after several tries. Seemed mostly like luck. Make sure you go from the podium where you're standing to the back of the room for a pattern. It seems both the dragonkin damage (being way too high) and the aggro dump on dismiss are both broken so you have to have a dose of luck to get it, but it's doable (frustrating).

mylasthope

Neo Member
Awesome. With the 6.0 patch, I lost two Elixir of Ancient Knowledge buffs on two different chars. Contacted CS about getting the buffs reapplied. No luck. They can't reapply the buff or even send me two new elixirs.

Edit: Most of my toons are 545+ ilvl and it's getting really difficult to find a heroic group. I imagine it can't being that difficult to find a normal group though. Is it worth it to spend a lot of time looking for a heroic group or should I just settle for the normal heirlooms?

Ultratech

Anyone really believe they won't make this permanent?

They mentioned they may bring it back if it's popular enough.

They did explain months ago why it wouldn't be a permanent thing though.
Holinka said:
"We feel that's a good experience...for a little while. If left permanent, it would actually become a negative experience."

So yeah.

Peachpies

Awesome. With the 6.0 patch, I lost two Elixir of Ancient Knowledge buffs on two different chars. Contacted CS about getting the buffs reapplied. No luck. They can't reapply the buff or even send me two new elixirs.

Edit: Most of my toons are 545+ ilvl and it's getting really difficult to find a heroic group. I imagine it can't being that difficult to find a normal group though. Is it worth it to spend a lot of time looking for a heroic group or should I just settle for the normal heirlooms?
If its just for heirlooms there is not a big difference between the different difficulties and the difference between them gets smaller as they level up.

mylasthope

Neo Member
If its just for heirlooms there is not a big difference between the different difficulties and the difference between them gets smaller as they level up.

Yeah, I'm only interested in the heirlooms. Guess I'll just look for normal groups and forget about the heroic heirlooms. It's nearly impossible to find heroic groups without having a really high ilvl as dps =(

Peachpies

SOOO YEAHHHHHH.

CRZ merges TONS more realms now. It's stupid really.
And it applies to MoP :( really sucks when you are flying towards krull the blade and it shows him on the minimap but when you get over the wall it disappears.

Yeah, I'm only interested in the heirlooms. Guess I'll just look for normal groups and forget about the heroic heirlooms. It's nearly impossible to find heroic groups without having a really high ilvl as dps =(
http://openraid.us/r/249089 !

blah stormrage just crashed. also, i tried to use the undelete feature and it didn't work lol. now it says i've got to wait another 30 days. hopefully they get things sorted out with that. currently, i'm wasting time on a low-level monk and it's kind of boring.

RPGCrazied

Anyone else getting improved framerates in raids? Maybe the stat squish has something do with it, but 25 LFR primodus before 6.02 I would be like 15fps with everyone going at it, tonight I didn't go under 30. Was nice to be able to raid with a comfortable framerate.

Does anyone know if the heirloom drop rate is per character our account? Like for instance if I run normal with my DK, he gets a drop and the. I do one with my paladin, does my paladin also have a 100% drop? Or is it just the first kill on the account that gets the 100%?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So they unnerfed soloing old raids last night, and now it's harder than it was before. So that's why my Shaman couldn't do Arthas.

Because it's totally unbalanced to have fun soloing old raids. For some reason. This will make be the thing to remove my interest from WoD if they stick with it because it removes one of the more fun side activities. Surely, surely, surely it's just a bug.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So they unnerfed soloing old raids last night, and now it's harder than it was before. So that's why my Shaman couldn't do Arthas.

Because it's totally unbalanced to have fun soloing old raids. For some reason. This will make be the thing to remove my interest from WoD if they stick with it because it removes one of the more fun side activities. Surely, surely, surely it's just a bug.

I find it hilarious of all things to go after first it was arguably one of the more fun things and one that had absolutely no impact on current content or anything.

Lol, shit really must be nerfed to hell. Saw a guild on twitch that was like 9/14H last week on mythic Garrosh get to phase 4 (and they'll probably kill it tonight) with no empowered whirls or anything. So silly.

Probably helps that Siegecrafter keels over at a sneeze.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I find it hilarious of all things to go after first it was arguably one of the more fun things and one that had absolutely no impact on current content or anything.

Having fun and ease with old raids that don't matter? Insta-hotfix.
Bots farming Jade Forest/BGs? Over a week until they're dealt with.

Fjordson

Just signed up for a World Boss group through Group Finder and it was somehow half US and half Oceanic <_< WTB a new oqueue.

Harder than it was 5.4? I hope not...I mean I love the stat squish in theory, but this shit has been messy as hell.

Ultratech

Anyone else getting improved framerates in raids? Maybe the stat squish has something do with it, but 25 LFR primodus before 6.02 I would be like 15fps with everyone going at it, tonight I didn't go under 30. Was nice to be able to raid with a comfortable framerate.

Prolly because of reduced spell effects in large raids now.

What difficulties do I have to down Garrosh to get the heirloom?

Normal or above.

Does anyone know if the heirloom drop rate is per character our account? Like for instance if I run normal with my DK, he gets a drop and the. I do one with my paladin, does my paladin also have a 100% drop? Or is it just the first kill on the account that gets the 100%?

Don't quote me on this, but I read it as per character.

cdyhybrid

Nerfing fun side activities while ignoring broken stuff affecting the actual end game is Blizzard's M.O.

Peachpies

It is per character, so the more characters you have the more guaranteed heirlooms you have.

Prolly because of reduced spell effects in large raids now.

Normal or above.

Don't quote me on this, but I read it as per character.

It is per character, so the more characters you have the more guaranteed heirlooms you have.

fuckin A, REALLY?! Shit man, I need to find some groups then. I could get a two hander on my dk, one hander on my pally, maybe a shield on my warrior and a bow on my hunter. Holy fuck balls.

I'm just trying to make sure because blizz's post doesn't make it clear.

Hellscream's Downfall title officially now for babbies.

Saw a guild that hadn't been past Siegecrafter kill him, Paragons, and Mythic Garrosh in one night.

Literally any mechanic that could and would wipe you is now ignorable.

It's kind of disgusting TBH.

cdyhybrid

Saw a guild that hadn't been past Siegecrafter kill him, Paragons, and Mythic Garrosh in one night.

Eh, content has been on farm for months now and will be completely irrelevant in a few weeks. /shrug

ampere

There's a reason the FoS is gone.

We should have sold two mounts tonight lol what a waste

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

lol the indecency of them to release a new expansion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Garrosh is made out of paper.

Just you wait.

Phase 1 was over as soon as the first iron star hit.

Got my mythic heriloom and like 2 pieces of loot off garrosh because my guild needs nothing.

We were laughing pretty hard. I went with my old guild that's not that far progressed because my serious guild's on hiatus until WoD. And we had undergeared people and everything, but it was hilarious how quickly the Monks in spoils went down.

I had not touched anything but LFR for SoO up until tonight. I had joined a new guild and they were looking to try Mythic. In two and a half hours we got through Spoils from a fresh start and I couldn't help but to feel like I was experiencing something wrong. It was too easy. :/

On the plus side, I was able to get four items and my ilvl went from 561 to 572 (my trinket and rings were trash and I replaced some timeless isle boots).

Kintaco

Damn those hour long dps queues for UBRS, I got a couple of toons sitting at 510 but it's going to be a pain to wait the long to run it a few times on each one.

Damn those hour long dps queues for UBRS, I got a couple of toons sitting at 510 but it's going to be a pain to wait the long to run it a few times on each one.

Yeah it's pretty damn bad for such a short dungeon with crummy rewards. I'll probably spam it a few times on alts but I'm not in a huge rush since most wouldn't benefit from 550 gear.

So I haven't played since early WOTLK. I tried random dungeon finder for the reward..got placed in a group that rolled through 10 dungeons or so...I must have gained 10 levels in the process and I got a bunch of great gear.

This is so different.

antonz

Sometimes I think some of the WoW devs have their heads up their behinds. Bashiok pretty much expressed his view he hates people going back to old world content because they get gold etc. doing so.

Its them adding things like 100,000 gold Alliance choppers etc. that lead to people farming gold or buying it yet they continue to add all these obscenely priced items. They have openly admitted they are making gold rare in WOD so if you have lots congrats if you are the average player prepare to get fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom