• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Sometimes I think some of the WoW devs have their heads up their behinds. Bashiok pretty much expressed his view he hates people going back to old world content because they get gold etc. doing so.

Its them adding things like 100,000 gold Alliance choppers etc. that lead to people farming gold or buying it yet they continue to add all these obscenely priced items. They have openly admitted they are making gold rare in WOD so if you have lots congrats if you are the average player prepare to get fucked.

What? You couldn't be more wrong. Gold falls from the sky now, it's everywhere. I've made like 5k just running MoP heroics. You get like 2k a zone leveling in WoD.

antonz

What? You couldn't be more wrong. Gold falls from the sky now, it's everywhere. I've made like 5k just running MoP heroics. You get like 2k a zone leveling in WoD.

Yeah MOP is money falling from skies which is why in WOD they are making it so there is far less gold making opportunities. You will spend most of the money you make leveling to 100 on building the garrison itself. Blueprints costing up to 1500 each. 5,000 just to upgrade the garrison to level 3 etc.

After that you get small amounts from follower missions and whatever your profession might be able to sell while everyone has most access

rallaren

Doing my first character change becuause I can't stand the running animation. this will be fun.

Edit: Nelf female is lame. Should have picked race change and worgen, or even gnome or dwarf, instead... oh well. A faction change also but then there's the population imbalance.

komplanen

Level-boosted a 90 MM Hunter as I returned to WoW for the next expansion. Some people must be grinding their teeth because I actually like how the MM Hunter plays and I even rolled a bouncy Night Elf. Have at it!

Cipherr

Yeah MOP is money falling from skies which is why in WOD they are making it so there is far less gold making opportunities. You will spend most of the money you make leveling to 100 on building the garrison itself. Blueprints costing up to 1500 each. 5,000 just to upgrade the garrison to level 3 etc.

After that you get small amounts from follower missions and whatever your profession might be able to sell while everyone has most access

I heard the opposite, not that it matters, I have hundreds of thousands, but I was under the impression they made gold far easier to get in WoD.

Wunder

Got a Hellscream's Cleaver! Finally completed Heroic (Normal) SoO, with one of the craziest groups. Started off by carrying a 509 druid and then later the healer swaps himself out for his 519 Prot Warrior alt. :<

As a prot warrior, should I be rolling on gear with Agility now? It seems kind of stupid, but warriors have no other reliable source of Dodge aside from Agility now, and without Dodge my ability to use revenge is severely diminished. I noticed post patch my Revenge wasn't usable as frequently, and it's one of the best ways to keep aggro on multiple enemies, so it's pretty frustrating to have it not triggering.

vocab

As a prot warrior, should I be rolling on gear with Agility now?
Lol no. You want str and crit.
Also agi plate doesn't exist anymore.
You don't need dodge to aoe tank properly. Shockwave/dragons roar, thunder clap, and blade storm all do aoe better than revenge.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So, I boosted my BM monk from 60 to 90 and did the Blasted Lands quests to get my abilities back (what a PITA btw, can't use all my good abilities). Now what do? I want to gear up and tank some dungeons, what's the best way to get decent gear quick?

Rizzi

So, I boosted my BM monk from 60 to 90 and did the Blasted Lands quests to get my abilities back (what a PITA btw, can't use all my good abilities). Now what do? I want to gear up and tank some dungeons, what's the best way to get decent gear quick?

Timeless Isle, or do get friendly with the Shado-Pan Assault faction. All the old VP and JP gear costs gold now.

mylasthope

Neo Member
Hey guys,

How do raid lockouts work? The server restarted and my raid disbanded before we got to Heroic Garry. I killed all of the bosses up to Garry except for Gal - Naz. If I start up my own group, will I be able to skip straight to Garry? If not, will I be able to once I down Gal - Naz?

Can i extend it too if i cant get a group to do everything tomorrow? Really want the heirloom.

TimeKillr

So I'm coming back with 6.0.2 and getting started to play Warlords again.. I had to take a break due to RL issues but now that I have a bit more time I figure it's time to get back into the thick of it.

I mostly run Blood DK, and when I stopped playing we were at normal Garrosh, so I'm pretty geared. Now I'm looking at a lot of stuff for Blood and the big change is that Death Strike now heals based on AP, so I'm wondering if I should go for a damage build or a survivability build..

Damage focuses on Strength and Crit while Survivability focuses on Stamina and Mastery... Now I know with more Mastery I'll have bigger shields, but with more Strength I'll have bigger heals, so I really, *really* have no clue what do to now.

Anybody has any idea?

Hey guys,

How do raid lockouts work? The server restarted and my raid disbanded before we got to Heroic Garry. I killed all of the bosses up to Garry except for Gal - Naz. If I start up my own group, will I be able to skip straight to Garry? If not, will I be able to once I down Gal - Naz?

Can i extend it too if i cant get a group to do everything tomorrow? Really want the heirloom.
Normal (formally known as flexible) and Heroic (formally known as Normal) are loot based so you can kill a boss multiple times without worrying about locking yourself out, mythic which was heroic is still lockout based.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Started playing my lvl 73 Frost DK yesterday and... Diseases are no longer necessary to get the most of Obliterate damage? So, I just need to spam Obliterate and Howling Blast now? Plague Strike seems like a waste of time unless I'm in a dungeon.

TimeKillr

Started playing my lvl 73 Frost DK yesterday and... Diseases are no longer necessary to get the most of Obliterate damage? So, I just need to spam Obliterate and Howling Blast now? Plague Strike seems like a waste of time unless I'm in a dungeon.

Base-line, apparently diseases are good DPS, so it's still worth spending a single GCD + rune to get a nice dot running.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Diseases are supposed to do enough damage on their own now to be worth the GCD/rune cost, but I am not sure if that's the case. If it is not, I'm sure they will get buffed eventually.

edit: beaten like 25h lich king

StayDead

Hm. I got a cool 1h sword from LFR Klaxxi. Shame I've already got two good 2h weapons. Feels like a bit of a waste.

I got a cool staff in my heroic SoO run with the guild I'm in, I also got two good off hands in that same run then the Heirloom from Garrosh which replaced the staff I upgraded 4 times. So yeah I feel your pain.

ampere

Sometimes I think some of the WoW devs have their heads up their behinds. Bashiok pretty much expressed his view he hates people going back to old world content because they get gold etc. doing so.

Its them adding things like 100,000 gold Alliance choppers etc. that lead to people farming gold or buying it yet they continue to add all these obscenely priced items. They have openly admitted they are making gold rare in WOD so if you have lots congrats if you are the average player prepare to get fucked.

Why are you spreading FUD intentionally?

You get loads and loads of gold in Draenor. It causes inflation, yes, but it makes raw 10k gold costs for Garrison things a lot softer.

Why hasn't Blizzard built a User Created UI Mod download app for WoW yet? Seems like a no-brainer to build that right into WoW.

No way man... then they would be indirectly assuming responsibility for addons downloaded through the app

Given what Elv just did recently, imagine if they were indirectly endorsing that.

Bad idea and opens them up to a lot more trouble.

Need some suggestions. I'm ilvl 517 and would like to get heirloom but it's super hard trying to get invite to a group at this lvl. Best way to get higher gear to boost my ilvl some? I did the blasted land quest and ubrs and only got gold lol, no gear.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Make sure you upgrade all your gear since it just takes lesser charms now. Which you can get like a thousand killing frogs on Timeless for 20 minutes

StayDead

I wish I could get the heirloom from Garrosh, but I don't have the gold to buy in to a run.
Or a guild. :p

I got lucky. I'm not a raider but my guild wanted to test out the new DPS stuff on patch day so I tagged along to heal with no gear and got loads of upgrades. Then yesterday they wanted to get a save after klaxxi to sell boosts and I wormed my way into that group, they left and I stayed in to kill Garrosh just incase and history was made :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Base-line, apparently diseases are good DPS, so it's still worth spending a single GCD + rune to get a nice dot running.

That's why I said for dungeons. :p Regular zone mobs dies after like 2 Obliterates and 1 Howling Blast and maybe 1 Frost Strike, so dots don't have enough time to do much damage.

Felspawn

so they basically want to make it like FF14, where you have to be a multimillionare to afford anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom