• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are professions locked behind the garrison to some extent in terms of learning recipes? I always used to have a cadre of profession alts but I'm not sure whether that would work the same this expansion.

As far as gold goes, I felt like gold inflation was more because of the auction house then the ways average players earned it. It's why I liked the black market because it was a way to target the Buffets specifically.

What's the average gold size nowadays for players anyways? 20-40k? Can't even remember what seemed normal the last time I played...

Magnus

So are professions locked behind the garrison to some extent in terms of learning recipes? I always used to have a cadre of profession alts but I'm not sure whether that would work the same this expansion.

As far as gold goes, I felt like gold inflation was more because of the auction house then the ways average players earned it. It's why I liked the black market because it was a way to target the Buffets specifically.

What's the average gold size nowadays for players anyways? 20-40k? Can't even remember what seemed normal the last time I played...

After going Inscription and playing the AH daily for like half an hour a day for a few months, I soared up to 60k from nearly only 5k. I'm very pleased. This is the richest I've been in ten years of playing this game, lol.

cluderi

Damn it, seems the new patch broke the Thunder Isle and Grizzly Hills pvp dailys. I was planning to grab the heirloom shoulders for my lowbie warrior but now I actually have to do pvp to earn honour.

Flagged multiple times on the WOW bug report forum but so far ignored by Blizzard (I imagine they've got a lot to deal with at the moment with people complaining about the changes to low level raids)

How long is the iron invasion going on for? I need to get my rogue to 90 quickly to pickpocket something from the mobs there but I'm only level 85 x_x

oooooh , what's going on?

http://wod.wowhead.com/item=118675#comments

This I'm guessing.

StayDead

Damn it, seems the new patch broke the Thunder Isle and Grizzly Hills pvp dailys. I was planning to grab the heirloom shoulders for my lowbie warrior but now I actually have to do pvp to earn honour.

Flagged multiple times on the WOW bug report forum but so far ignored by Blizzard (I imagine they've got a lot to deal with at the moment with people complaining about the changes to low level raids)

http://wod.wowhead.com/item=118675#comments

This I'm guessing.

Ah no it's something else,

http://www.wowhead.com/item=113575

Jag

Are Bear tanks broken in this patch? Fired up my old big bear ass and it seemed that I was squishier than pre-patch.

Felspawn

All tanks are squishier from here on out.

Yep. though i have to say I feel like i'm in a pretty good place as a prot paladin. Was tanking in Heroic (non-mythic) SoO last night in mediocre gear (ilevel 540) and was doing fine. Our DK main tank however hates it and has changed over to his slightly less geared Warrior. Our Bear hasnt commented but seemed to be doing just fine. So your mileage may very

Magnus

Wow, they really couldn't have been bothered with any sort of novel quest design for these 6.0 blasted lands quests at all, eh?

They couldn't even draw on existing varied quest design, like vehicles, or bombing runs, or anything else that's shown up in Wrath/Cata/MOP quests. They're just kills, and loot X item quests.

I get that 75% of quests in this game have to be of that nature, but for your 6.0 quests, the first new content in like, a fucking YEAR and a showcase of what might be coming in WoD, don't we think they could have done better?

How about at least making it all a bit challenging? I dropped every enemy in this quest chain in under 2 seconds. The bosses took maybe 3 or 4. And I'm not even geared to Flex standards.

Man.

Felspawn

Wow, they really couldn't have been bothered with any sort of novel quest design for these 6.0 blasted lands quests at all, eh?

They couldn't even draw on existing varied quest design, like vehicles, or bombing runs, or anything else that's shown up in Wrath/Cata/MOP quests. They're just kills, and loot X item quests.

I get that 75% of quests in this game have to be of that nature, but for your 6.0 quests, the first new content in like, a fucking YEAR and a showcase of what might be coming in WoD, don't we think they could have done better?

How about at least making it all a bit challenging? I dropped every enemy in this quest chain in under 2 seconds. The bosses took maybe 3 or 4. And I'm not even geared to Flex standards.

Man.

I did get a "Thats it?" feeling to the quests as well, that said there is still plenty of the Blasted lands that hasnt been touched yet and those quests will happen in beta i'm guessing (not sure i dont have a beta account)

In terms of difficulty of the mobs , that just goes to show you how much more powerful (even after the stat squish) Raiding characters in MoP are vs characters in Blue, on the PTR in ilevel 460ish gear those elites in the blasted lands where a pretty solid threat. On Live on my paladin (ilevel 550 ret) i slaughtering packs of 3 elites effortlessly.

Fjordson

Yeah, the intro quest line isn't the most imaginative thing ever, but the story was neat to me.

Also, Khadgar is a total bad ass. Wow. Had sort of forgotten about him as a character, but glad he's showing up here. New model looks dope too.

Felspawn

Yeah, the intro quest line isn't the most imaginative thing ever, but the story was neat to me.

Also, Khadgar is a total bad ass. Wow. Had sort of forgotten about him as a character, but glad he's showing up here. New model looks dope too.

Any idea if he is disappearing from Outland, if not are they going to upgrade his character model, or hell the character model of the statue outside Stormwind

Fjordson

Any idea if he is disappearing from Outland, if not are they going to upgrade his character model, or hell the character model of the statue outside Stormwind
Huh, good question. Hadn't even thought about that.

I would guess that he won't be in Outland come WoD, but that the statue will never be updated :lol

Magnus

That sounds cool. He doesn't appear in the Horde version of the quests at all, even though I think he's in the cinematic everyone will see when WoD hits.

Neverfade

Old Garrosh was still in Nagrand while being warchief. Bunch of other examples too. I think they present it all as a timeline.

I went to Shattrath the other day and his model is already updated, but updating the statue and leaving the other 3 with the same model would be weird.

Fjordson

That sounds cool. He doesn't appear in the Horde version of the quests at all, even though I think he's in the cinematic everyone will see when WoD hits.
Oh okay, yeah I've only done it on alliance. He has some good dialogue and it does a decent job setting up parts of WoD. Also, dude is a beastly Mage and can turn into a raven like a boss.

Wunder

I could do it now though and I'm halfway through level 88 almost and I haven't left Jade Forest yet :p

fair enough, but the mobs that drop it in the blasted lands are single quest mobs that will no doubt be nuked into oblivion. But I guess if you have the time why not, seems like a cool reward

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Khadgar is awesome. Hope we get to see Alleria Windrunner, Turalyon (these two especially) and Medivh again at some point too.
Alleria is referenced in a garrison connected quest, not sure which building you need to get it though. Someone is apparently looking for her and you need to retrieve a certain arrow.

Boogdud

Wait until WoD, you haven't seen anything yet.

Also, he is in the horde quest line right now in live, it's just very brief. In WoD he's pretty prominent in both Horde and Alliance versions, which is kinda cool.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Holy crap hunters are so terrible now. I was in a normal raid yesterday and I only did about 8k dps while everyone else was 15k plus. And these were alts and I was on a main with almost nearly all heroic gear.

Part of it is getting used to the lack of cool downs but... Man this is bad for me.

Fjordson

Wait until WoD, you haven't seen anything yet.
Nice!

Holy crap hunters are so terrible now. I was in a normal raid yesterday and I only did about 8k dps while everyone else was 15k plus. And these were alts and I was on a main with almost nearly all heroic gear.

Part of it is getting used to the lack of cool downs but... Man this is bad for me.
Dude, I am with you. I topped out at 8.4k or something last night on heroic Garrosh. Before the patch I was almost always one of the top 2 or 3 in DPS. And my group last night wasn't terribly geared so it wasn't that. Hopefully when I get used to the new rotation it won't be as bad, but damn.

Is there any word on what the best spec is or are all somewhat equal? BM was easily my best PvE spec in 5.4, with Survival behind that and then marks in a distant third.

Boogdud

On the hunters, yeah, it's that bad. I thought I was going crazy the other night with similar results in raid. Then I went to the dummies to verify and yeah, pooptacular. What's really bad is SV used to be my best spec and now it's just abysmal, mm is much better followed shortly by BM and sv is way behind both for me personally. My results pretty much mirrored the simcraft link there.

Sad times. What really stinks is, usually at this phase blizzard begins it's "we know it stinks now, suck it up until you're at level 100 and we'll "gather data" and rebalance again 6 months down the road". So it might be a long road if they don't do something quickly... :(

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Nice!

Dude, I am with you. I topped out at 8.4k or something last night on heroic Garrosh. Before the patch I was almost always one of the top 2 or 3 in DPS. And my group last night wasn't terribly geared so it wasn't that. Hopefully when I get used to the new rotation it won't be as bad, but damn.

Is there any word on what the best spec is or are all somewhat equal? BM was easily my best PvE spec in 5.4, with Survival behind that and then marks in a distant third.

I should have said mythic gear, actually, but the point still stands anyway.

I haven't really heard anything. I think they screwed us because we are balanced around our last tier of talents so they're not going to adjust anything in the meantime.

I think marks is still the worst, and I would assume bm is ahead. I never really did well with bm during mop so I always just stuck with survival, especially since its nicer to have serpent sting attached to multi shot for questing

Edit: never mind I guess there is the sim results link up there

Felspawn

at this point Ret pally is pretty simplistic, we're pretty much all waiting on the tier 100 talents as all three will modify our playstyle significantly (be it seal twisting, Inq 2.0 or weaving in DS/FV into our singletarget/aoe rotations accordingly)

TheYanger

Are people really complaining about gold? 10k for a mount is nothing special or new. The yak was a hundred thousand gold LAST expansion. Inflation still happens in wod, gold is just more useful than it has been in the past.

It is very easy to earn gold in wow if you just put your head down and focus on making it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yanger you should update your avatar here to be the exact same shot but with new model.

StayDead

at this point Ret pally is pretty simplistic, we're pretty much all waiting on the tier 100 talents as all three will modify our playstyle significantly (be it seal twisting, Inq 2.0 or weaving in DS/FV into our singletarget/aoe rotations accordingly)

Simplistic? I have no idea what to do with mine although I did just boost it from 60.

It's like a whole new world to me :p

Fjordson

On the hunters, yeah, it's that bad. I thought I was going crazy the other night with similar results in raid. Then I went to the dummies to verify and yeah, pooptacular. What's really bad is SV used to be my best spec and now it's just abysmal, mm is much better followed shortly by BM and sv is way behind both for me personally. My results pretty much mirrored the simcraft link there.

Sad times. What really stinks is, usually at this phase blizzard begins it's "we know it stinks now, suck it up until you're at level 100 and we'll "gather data" and rebalance again 6 months down the road". So it might be a long road if they don't do something quickly... :(
Ouch. So we're literally at the bottom right now, haha. Oh well.
I should have said mythic gear, actually, but the point still stands anyway.

I haven't really heard anything. I think they screwed us because we are balanced around our last tier of talents so they're not going to adjust anything in the meantime.

I think marks is still the worst, and I would assume bm is ahead. I never really did well with bm during mop so I always just stuck with survival, especially since its nicer to have serpent sting attached to multi shot for questing

Edit: never mind I guess there is the sim results link up there
Ah, yeah. Well hopefully things pick up a bit at 100. It definitely feels weak right now.

Tacitus_

Eh, that's how it is sometimes when they've balanced stuff for the next expansion content. Vanilla -> BC was also hilariously balanced, I specced demonology and my felguard would solo other people in PVP.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Compared to the current Frost Mage rotation(spam Frostbolt and use Ice Lance & Frosfire bolt when you get procs), Ret Paladin is like super complex stuff. :lol

Felspawn

yeah i was messing around with a Hunter on the PTR (and an Arms Warior) and i couldnt believe how simple the rotation was. i was like "really? 3 buttons?" i dont expect (or want) something super complex like the old Feral Rotations but geeze dont let me fall asleep at the keyboard. you'd think it was Vanilla and i was Warlock again spamming shadowbolt........

mileS

I was a bit worried about hunters at the start of the patch as well. There's a recent blue post saying they are top priority for blizzard to fix. There will be hotfixes and an overall look at them in general. Which let's be honest. That is probably the first time they have ever said that about hunters. The only other time they have been top priority is when we are getting nerfed hard.

Regardless I will never abandon my hunter main :) hang in there fellow hunters!

vocab

did you already kill Garrosh in a different difficulty level this week?

No
I was a bit worried about hunters at the start of the patch as well. There's a recent blue post saying they are top priority for blizzard to fix. There will be hotfixes and an overall look at them in general. Which let's be honest. That is probably the first time they have ever said that about hunters. The only other time they have been top priority is when we are getting nerfed hard.

Regardless I will never abandon my hunter main :) hang in there fellow hunters!

It's a bandaid fix for damage. Nothing else. Gameplay gonna be shit cause the level 100 talents suck.

TheYanger

I dunno, my hunter didn't feel significantly different rotationally. Yeah I don't put serpent sting up at the start of a fight, oh god the humanity, but otherwise it's juts the 800 cooldowns you don't have anymore, which is awesome. Otherwise it's the same as it was for me.

So, cooldowns aside:

-Kill shot (Only legitimate rotational loss imo, and only for Surv).
-Don't serpent sting once per fight. Who gives a shit.
That's all.

BM still has Kill Command, Steady, Arcane, Kill Shot and the Talent tier (Barrage/Glaive toss). That's minus precisely 1 button from live, which was serpent sting and BARELY useful. You still have Bestial Wrath and Frenzy stacks for CD management (both pretty short) Dire Beast, Stampede, AMOC, all talented you may or may not be using, but not too different from before. This is seriously like, minus Rapid Fire, Minus Serpent Sting, and MAYBE minus stampede if yo udon't want the CD.

Survival is still Cobra, Arcane, Black Arrow, Explosive, Barrage/Glaive talent. Exact same number of primary rotation buttons as BM. No major CD to speak of besides talents, only real loss there.

MM is Chimera, Steady, Kill, Aimed, Glaive/Barrage, and has Rapid Fire for a CD along with talents.

None of these rotations are any simpler than they were realistically, you're short like one infrequently used button for your main rotation and then you're out some DPS CDs which were stupid as fuck on hunters (Seriously, macro them together or make like 4 keybinds, they were stupid).

To say "3 buttons lol" is just hyperbole, either you're intentionally being reductive or you actually have no idea what you're talking about, either is pretty ridiculous in this context.

komplanen

healed heroic garrosh, didn't get a ww heirloom that I thought was 100%.

Sad times.

It's only 100% for the first ever Garrosh heirloom. If you got one earlier, even months ago, you don't get the boosted drop rate. Or at least that's how I understood it.

RPGCrazied

Another live Q&A over at wowhead's twitch in about 45 minutes, but at this point I don't think I can learn anything new from this. I pretty much know all about WoD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom